Old 07-17-2010, 08:48 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

I would love to join in. The more support the better! I have been on IP for 10 days. I think it is something that I can do and so far it is working. I look forward to being a part of this group too.
Take care and have a blessed Sunday!
tle1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 239/176/145

Height: 5'7"

Me too. I want to join. Accountability is what I'm here for. I do train clinics for IP but I need someone for myself so that I do what I preach. There are so many people here that share great hints for success. I love it. I've been bad this weekend though so this is really for me. I'll check out fb.
lkreutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkreutz View Post
Me too. I want to join. Accountability is what I'm here for. I do train clinics for IP but I need someone for myself so that I do what I preach. There are so many people here that share great hints for success. I love it. I've been bad this weekend though so this is really for me. I'll check out fb.
wow... you just started too? you have had amazing results! good for you!
sillyputty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 239/176/145

I'm new to this board not the diet. I lost 70 pounds last summer/fall but then gained 20 back since Christmas. sort of went off the deep end. So I'm back on the diet but needed some support!
lkreutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:22 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

well you came to the right place! Welcome back
sillyputty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:16 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
I would love to join in. The more support the better! I have been on IP for 10 days. I think it is something that I can do and so far it is working. I look forward to being a part of this group too.
Take care and have a blessed Sunday!
I agree...the more support the better! Make sure to join the facebook group that Taylor told us about and then we should be able to email each other. I posted on the fb page, so you should be able to send me a friend request.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm new to this board not the diet. I lost 70 pounds last summer/fall but then gained 20 back since Christmas. sort of went off the deep end. So I'm back on the diet but needed some support!
Way to go with getting back on track! I think support for yourself is huge! In all aspects of life, we need to learn to put ourselves first (which is hard), but if we don't...we won't be able to help others. Welcome back!
lisa4972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:26 AM   #22  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Count me in as well! I need all the support I can get. my son is getting married in two weeks and we will have lots of family coming into town next week. The temptation to go off plan will be huge but with all of your help I hope to get through it without gaining any weight back. Thanks
CheeseCake4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:38 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

I have sent a request for the FB page and also checked out the other one and posted that I "like" it. Looking forward to meeting you all and chatting with you.
Have a blessed day,
tle
tle1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:24 AM   #24  
Suzie

S/C/G: 148/137/120

Lots of accountability! Excellent!

Well, I leave tomorrow for 4 days at a no Internet access cottage on a lake in rural Pennsylvania for vacation with the family. I've been really good at avoiding any temptations - ice cream, cupcakes - I even made the family spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread last night - No Cheats. I'm hoping my resolve will hold through at vacation - avoiding the beers will be my biggest tempt!

I also screwed up and didn't get to the dr office to pick up my week supply of IP before they closed on Friday! So, I headed to GNC to pick up something comparable. Hopefully it will work out ok.

Also, no weigh in for me after my first week since I will be on vaca. So, according to my scale, I've lost about 5 lbs. I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed after seeing others big losses but it's nothing to sneeze at! I know if I stay the course, I'll keep seeing drops and now that my energy is returning, I'll add back in some exercise.

Have a great week and I'll check back on Friday!
lookin for loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:17 PM   #25  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for the FB info... I "liked" the open group and am awaiting confirmation in the other one.

Any support through this journey will be great!
OnMyWayForGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #26  

Wow! Lot's of accountability! This is great! Taylor will be setting up a discussion on the Ideal Protein 3FC Facebook page (the one you don't need confirmation from), so be sure to join that page soon. I look forward to chatting with all of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin for loss View Post
Lots of accountability! Excellent!

Well, I leave tomorrow for 4 days at a no Internet access cottage on a lake in rural Pennsylvania for vacation with the family. I've been really good at avoiding any temptations - ice cream, cupcakes - I even made the family spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread last night - No Cheats. I'm hoping my resolve will hold through at vacation - avoiding the beers will be my biggest tempt!

I also screwed up and didn't get to the dr office to pick up my week supply of IP before they closed on Friday! So, I headed to GNC to pick up something comparable. Hopefully it will work out ok.

Also, no weigh in for me after my first week since I will be on vaca. So, according to my scale, I've lost about 5 lbs. I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed after seeing others big losses but it's nothing to sneeze at! I know if I stay the course, I'll keep seeing drops and now that my energy is returning, I'll add back in some exercise.

Have a great week and I'll check back on Friday!
Way to go on resisting the temptation!!! Sounds like you will do great on vacation! Let us know how it goes
Old 07-21-2010, 06:52 AM   #27  

Good Morning! Thank you to Taylor for setting up the discussion on the facebook page! Here is what you will want to do to get your accountability partner....go to the 3 FC Facebook Page, click on Like, then click on the Discussions tab which will take you here. I hope that helps
Old 07-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #28  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa4972 View Post
I LOVE this forum and have learned so much from everyone in just a few days, so thank you to all of you!! I think I will do even better if I found an "accountability partner" to chat with on a regular basis. I've had one previously on another diet and I found it really helps to know that you have someone to talk to, bounce ideas off of, etc...to keep you on track. Would anyone be interested?

Thanks!
Lisa
It's very cool that you guys are doing this... I'm impressed, and heartened.

Not to be a hard*ss, but there is sometimes a lack of balance on these boards between assuaging people's guilt for going off plan, and holding each other accountable for the choices we make. The best help you can give someone on this diet is not always, "That's okay... you're only human," or "Everybody makes mistakes." But that is almost always the response, regardless of the number or severity of the infractions.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as sympathetic as anyone to the difficulties life brings, and I myself am an emotional eater who's had a few tough years. I am only human, and I make mistakes... but I also managed to stick to this protocol as though my life depended on it. Or maybe that's the difference for me. Perhaps my life DID depend on it.

It's not always an easy program, and I know lots of folks out there face a greater challenge than I did. Could I have sustained another 4 months on the plan if I'd had to? I don't know. But I would have wanted someone to show a little tough love if I'd started to slide to the point where I was no longer on track to get every advantage this diet has to offer. And now that I am in maintenance, I fully understand its therapeutic value, and how effective IP is as a long-term weight management tool. I am SO glad that I did not play fast and loose with the "rules."

Keep each other honest... you all deserve to be as successful as I have been on this diet. I so want that for everyone here... or I wouldn't have bothered sticking around.
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:14 PM   #29  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
It's very cool that you guys are doing this... I'm impressed, and heartened.

Not to be a hard*ss, but there is sometimes a lack of balance on these boards between assuaging people's guilt for going off plan, and holding each other accountable for the choices we make. The best help you can give someone on this diet is not always, "That's okay... you're only human," or "Everybody makes mistakes." But that is almost always the response, regardless of the number or severity of the infractions.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as sympathetic as anyone to the difficulties life brings, and I myself am an emotional eater who's had a few tough years. I am only human, and I make mistakes... but I also managed to stick to this protocol as though my life depended on it. Or maybe that's the difference for me. Perhaps my life DID depend on it.

Keep each other honest... you all deserve to be as successful as I have been on this diet. I so want that for everyone here... or I wouldn't have bothered sticking around.
Oh Yoda, you and your wise ways. I wish there were a Yoda smiley, so I could post it everytime I talk to you.
You're right. A lot of our lives DO depend on it. Being overweight causes so many more health issues. I had to keep going to the doctor, and upping my ante of my GERD medicine. After 2 weeks on IP, I HAD to cut it in half.
And a lot of us DO have a problem being honest...with ourselves. We let ourselves cheat, because we think oh no one will know. it will be okay it won't hurt too much. But we KNOW that's not the truth. So I'm glad to have someone I can be honest with completely, and I hope she can put me in my place. I know she did for sure this morning, but in the nicest way. Thanks!
And thanks, Novak, your constant words of knowledge and kindness. And don't worry, we don't think your TRYING to be a harda**. We know you ARE one
TaylorMayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:42 PM   #30  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
And don't worry, we don't think your TRYING to be a harda**. We know you ARE one
Ha! I know... as a Deputy Director at work, I have to be the bad cop so my boss can be the good cop. But I guess you're right, we're both really doing what comes naturally!
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote