Old 02-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 267/219/175

Height: 5' 9"

Default Cool

I am so thankful to hear about the hair "problems" here. I thought it was just me. No one told me otherwise until I read this thread.
dawn c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #152  

I didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to sleep. I will ask at wi tomorrow if replacing the last pack with another protein, such as an egg, may help alleviate this.
I also had a severe rash on my arm, but when I mentioned it, the doc said she would ask about it but I never received any feedback later.
shiipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 159/149/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
WOW!
- you aren't allowed the occasional veggies til 70% lost (just my coach's rule)
- you aren't allowed the restricted foods until you reach goal (just my coach's rule)
- your birth control may be interfered with
- you may lose your hair, A LOT of your hair
- you will become constipated
- your skin could become dry, cracked, and bleeding
- you will get bored with the food, the veggies, the routine... stick with it
- it will be hard to treat a cold if you get one because of sugar in medicine
- some of your prescriptions will effect your average weight loss
- you will not lose 3 - 5 pounds every week it may or may not even be your average if you are on the program more than 3 months.
- your menstrual cycle will go through changes and may not be what you expect
- you will feel horrible at times as your body adjusts and corrects, but you will get through if you stick it out
- you may reach a point you gag on the salads you have to eat
- you will crave things you have never liked and come to hate things you use to love
- you will have strange dreams of eating off plan foods
- eating out will become boring because it will feel like you can only eat the same things, ANYWHERE
- you will want to walk up to strangers and tell them all about how Ideal Protein can change their life... think twice before you act on that impulse.
- you will have times that you will lose many more inches than pounds and that is OK! Weight loss is not just about the number on the scale but how your body shape is changing and how your clothes fit.
- You will want to give up. DON'T! Write down your reason and inspiration for doing this today and read it everyday until you get to your goal.

That is just a few that came to my mind! I guess there was a lot I wish I was told!
Wow! Thanks for sharing - it's encouraging to me.
TFBeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 197/177/130

Height: 5'6"

I just have to say I had a very good visit with my coach yesterday. Maybe we just needed to get to know each other a little bit. Very excited
heliosmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #155  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
This is why I am concerned that the most common advice is to cut out the restricted items. They are there for a reason. I too have been on many diets and only the low carb works for me. But as soon as I went through the phases (such as phase 2 SB) to ease back into more normal eating the weight came back instantly.
If you follow the protocol of OP exactly you are giving your body a controlled amount of carbs every day. It does not go into shock when you hit maintance as it has not been carb deprived as you lost the weight.

The restricted is an important part of this process. I have just realized it is also important in that it is training my brain too. I will be much less likely to go into binge mood later if I do have a treat. I am becoming very conditioned to have only one treat a day in a controlled amount. I have boxes of bars in my cupboard but have no problem not thinking of the rest after I take my one for the day out. Pre IP I would have the rest on my mind all the time.

As far as what you wish your coach had told you; for me it is a point about which I had listened better. That is to get the oil in. Measure out the amount of olive oil and use it in salad dressing. Take the Omega capsule too. My loss for very slow until I realised I had really cut back on the oil by using all WF products instead. I also had big issues with the big C until I realized what was causing it.

Pat
May I please ask...What is the big C?
Old 02-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #156  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliosmommy View Post
May I please ask...What is the big C?
Constipation
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie64 View Post
Ladies I too agree with all your replies to Kara. I am a RN who has struggled with my weight since I was 6 years old. I have tried just about every diet out there at one time or another. While I do not have the extreme challenges some of you face I still have to make conscious decisions every day about my health and diet. I have been blessed as of now, I have not had ANY side effects from IP 7weeks and continuing. What I need to understand is the question of exercise! Can someone please give me your recommendations/experiences while in the various phases of IP and exercising. My coach stated that it will slow my progress. I am also going on a cruise the end of the month and am trying to make sure that I DO NOT unlearn my positive behaviors.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Debbie
Granted I have only been on IP for 4 full weeks now, but I've been seeing a personal trainer 3 days per week all but the first week and have been losing weight well, averaging 4 lbs per week. My coach said I could incorporate training as soon as I felt strong enough to. She did say the weight loss per the scale may slow, but that doesn't mean transformation isn't happening. Since muscle ways more than fat, as I build muscle it may seem that I slow in losing weight, but the inches will be the real proof. Also, since the more muscle you have, the more fat you burn (even while resting) that its a great benefit to the protocol. She said to just keep up the protocol and the scales would start moving again soon.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #158  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Constipation
OOOOHHhhh....gotcha!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'1"

I have learned more from this site than anything from my coaches. I think the coaches should have some training instead of just being hired right off the street. I had a coach, if you want to call her that, that would measure you so tight that you thought she was cutting you in half!! She would tell you that the tape measure is what you should be looking at and not the scales. I know she was trying to make me feel better by not loosing but it also was a big waste of money! I didn't know you should not chew alot of gum, use some of the artificial sweetners, and make sure you got in all of your veggies. I have never been able to lose weight fast like most of you, but that is okay, as long as I am loosing. Last year I had a hip replacement and by loosing weight, this is going to help my good hip and my knees!
pegv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #160  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegv View Post
I have learned more from this site than anything from my coaches. I think the coaches should have some training instead of just being hired right off the street. I had a coach, if you want to call her that, that would measure you so tight that you thought she was cutting you in half!! She would tell you that the tape measure is what you should be looking at and not the scales. I know she was trying to make me feel better by not loosing but it also was a big waste of money! I didn't know you should not chew alot of gum, use some of the artificial sweetners, and make sure you got in all of your veggies. I have never been able to lose weight fast like most of you, but that is okay, as long as I am loosing. Last year I had a hip replacement and by loosing weight, this is going to help my good hip and my knees!
I chew gum everyday, I use sweeteners everyday. It is very important that you get all of your veggies in for a day. Its the combination of all of the products and veggies and protein at night that makes this program work. Its figured out for us, that is why it is important to follow the sheet
Old 02-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #161  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

I wish my coach were as excited about my weight loss as I am. Seems focused on the weekly numbers and almost displeased with the low numbers.

Otherwise, she is awesome. Highly knowledgeable. I just don't like hearing you are less than average or whatever it is she says. All I heard was less than average.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #162  

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
I wish my coach were as excited about my weight loss as I am. Seems focused on the weekly numbers and almost displeased with the low numbers.

Otherwise, she is awesome. Highly knowledgeable. I just don't like hearing you are less than average or whatever it is she says. All I heard was less than average.
Purple, this is YOUR journey NOT hers!!.....she is not walking in your shoes. Your average does NOT have to meet the average of others....ITS YOUR AVERAGE.....just because they say a certain average doesn't mean we will all have that average. Just like driving a car...the sticker says 32mpg BUT that all depends on how you drive that car...highway or in town....NO ONE has the SAME average...its YOUR BODY!!!!.....those NUMBERS are JUST THAT....NUMBERS!!!!....its how YOU FEEL...NOT HER!!.....do your clothes fit better? do you feel better? can you do things you couldn't do before without getting tired?.....THOSE are things that matter...NOT the numbers!!....You are doing fantastic!! KEEP UP the great work
Old 02-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #163  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Purple, this is YOUR journey NOT hers!!.....she is not walking in your shoes. Your average does NOT have to meet the average of others....ITS YOUR AVERAGE.....just because they say a certain average doesn't mean we will all have that average. Just like driving a car...the sticker says 32mpg BUT that all depends on how you drive that car...highway or in town....NO ONE has the SAME average...its YOUR BODY!!!!.....those NUMBERS are JUST THAT....NUMBERS!!!!....its how YOU FEEL...NOT HER!!.....do your clothes fit better? do you feel better? can you do things you couldn't do before without getting tired?.....THOSE are things that matter...NOT the numbers!!....You are doing fantastic!! KEEP UP the great work
You are right Wuv but sometimes I feel like the coach because I am the one who says, but I lost this much or I know I will lose less cause I am shorter. Or, I like that my weight loss is slow and steady. I have been pleased with my numbers but it's just odd that the coach kind of makes comments. Which I know you won't do when you are a coach. You get it. I just sometimes feel bad before or after weigh ins but so much happier at home when I weigh. The ups, downs, plateaus don't really bother me. Trust me, I know or I feel this is about overall weight loss but find it odd that a coach focuses on the weekly numbers.

As always you hit it on the head. Whose journey is this and who do the numbers matter to? I shouldn't have to defend my height or my metabolism or ketosism

Ah, you are really good. I don't want to tell you what to do but you may wish to go beyond IP coach and be like a full coach or counselor. You zero in on the key points quickly and effectively.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #164  

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
You are right Wuv but sometimes I feel like the coach because I am the one who says, but I lost this much or I know I will lose less cause I am shorter. Or, I like that my weight loss is slow and steady. I have been pleased with my numbers but it's just odd that the coach kind of makes comments. Which I know you won't do when you are a coach. You get it. I just sometimes feel bad before or after weigh ins but so much happier at home when I weigh. The ups, downs, plateaus don't really bother me. Trust me, I know or I feel this is about overall weight loss but find it odd that a coach focuses on the weekly numbers.

As always you hit it on the head. Whose journey is this and who do the numbers matter to? I shouldn't have to defend my height or my metabolism or ketosism

Ah, you are really good. I don't want to tell you what to do but you may wish to go beyond IP coach and be like a full coach or counselor. You zero in on the key points quickly and effectively.
Thank you I don't understand some of the coaches rationalization with of what they tell some of y'all...drives me crazy. They should be happy for whatever losses you have both on the scale and in inches. You should never EVER have to defend anything you are doing IF you are 100% which I know you have been. Its about understanding the program and learning from it...When you feel like the coach, just say to yourself....SHE doesn't matter...I know I have done well and that is all that counts!...always be excited about your success however big or small it is
Old 02-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #165  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I loved this thread...very informative! Thanks to everyone who shared info.

Regarding the hairloss....I have struggled with this for 15+ years, and found that the Viviscal supplement was the only thing that really helped (to the degree that several of my doctors began recommending it).

I am going to start taking it again today to help ward off any future hairloss!
bethanym is offline   Reply With Quote