3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   What do you wish your coach had told you??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/205991-what-do-you-wish-your-coach-had-told-you.html)

meshell5488 07-06-2010 03:19 PM

So much differing information about do's and don'ts - my coach is so different - first off I have to have 5 packets per day with 1 restricted a must (since the day I started). In fact, if I don't have 5 I get yelled at because my muscle mass has decreased and have now been told that a person of my size may actually need 6 packets a day - and she's threatened to drop me from the program if I continue to lose muscle mass and not eat the required amount of packets. I've been told to eat extra veggies and proteins and eat an egg if I have to to insure I get enough protein in. And yes, my hairs been falling out - getting quite a thin spot on top of my head! I get so confused over what to do or not to do - everone's coach is so different - isn't there supposed to be one standard protocol? I can hardly afford the 5 packets a day, and now to add a 6th - why so much differeing information out there? I'm soooo confused! Wish there was some agreement to what was standard protocol for all coaches to tell us.

shrinkingsusie 07-06-2010 03:41 PM

6 a day?? That is double the amount that I am having... I have three packs a day and one prepared meal, and was told that if I am still hungry, have another pack. And making sure one is restricted?? Sounds fishy!:dizzy:

meshell5488 07-06-2010 03:50 PM

I know it sounds fishy - but I've been averaging 3 pounds a week and with the threat of being told I can't stay on program, I'm worried. Its the only diet that's worked for me and I'm having a hard time affording 5 packs as it is - can't believe you guys are only having 3! what a huge difference in protocol.

showgirlaz 07-06-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meshell5488 (Post 3373634)
I know it sounds fishy - but I've been averaging 3 pounds a week and with the threat of being told I can't stay on program, I'm worried. Its the only diet that's worked for me and I'm having a hard time affording 5 packs as it is - can't believe you guys are only having 3! what a huge difference in protocol.

You could contact IP's main office from the website and see what they say. I know that they try to take into consideration different health issues and make up for each person. Some Drs and nutritionist try to keep to a better calorie ratio so that you don't go into starvation. It is possible, because of where your starting weight is, you are dealing with some who is worried about you going into starvation, wasting your own muscle (this includes heart muscle) and creating long term problems by participating in a very low calorie diet.

meshell5488 07-06-2010 04:36 PM

thank you - that makes sense doesn't it!

salesgod 07-07-2010 11:47 AM

According to my doc, the two things that pull you out of ketosis are too many carbs and too little protein. If your body moves into starvation mode and starts burning muscle for fuel, then you'll come out of ketosis. At least that's my understanding. Thoughts?

gettinglean 07-07-2010 12:22 PM

I wish my coach would have told me that I would get up about 6 times a night to pee!!! I go about every hour or so... I usually fall right back to sleep but it seems like I just laid down and suddenly my bladder is full again. I try not to drink anything after 8pm but it still seems like i am constantly in the bathroom all night.... I guess it is a good thing????

Lady5andy 07-07-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gettinglean (Post 3374974)
I wish my coach would have told me that I would get up about 6 times a night to pee!!! I go about every hour or so... I usually fall right back to sleep but it seems like I just laid down and suddenly my bladder is full again. I try not to drink anything after 8pm but it still seems like i am constantly in the bathroom all night.... I guess it is a good thing????

I'm trying not to drink anything except my protein snack (and water for the pills) after 5 pm. I'm getting all my water at work between 8h30 and 16h30. It seems at lot for a little amount of time, but I prefer going a lot to the bathroom in the day than when I'm sleeping. Hope this help!

rinoa1823 07-07-2010 01:19 PM

i wish my coaches told me they were more salesmen than coaches...i ask them a question and its ..."oh well we have a pill for that"...meh i just use them to purchase product now...if I didnt have this forum I would be totally lost

meshell5488 07-07-2010 01:27 PM

Spoke to my coach more about it today-because of my make up she wants to insure I lose no muscle mass and with the decrease I had because of increased activities (and energy) thats what happened - fat went up and muscle mass went down. The big misconception (in my brain anyhow) was that I would lose more each week if I ate less packets, and thats absolutely not the truth - apparently the extra protein from the extra packet or two insures that I stay in ketosis and I burn the fat not the muscle - she wants to make sure when I reach my goal I have all my muscle mass because thats what will keep burning fat - does that make sense? I feel better. The number or packets really shouldn't impact anyone's weight loss staying in ketosis is important and insuring muscle mass stays intact as well - and I forgot, and as was pointed out, your heart is a muscle too! I think I understand a little better now. Thanks for everyone's input.

I'm svelting! 09-11-2010 07:57 AM

Follow the mixing instructions exactly ...i.e. use cold water, mix, then heat the mix.

Little old smarty pants here thought she'd use a shortcut. I dispensed hot water from a coffee machine at work onto the cappucino drink powder. What I got was cappucino-flavoured hot water with cooked protein floaters! Not quite disgusting but close.

Marionm 09-11-2010 10:01 AM

I think the exercise piece and the fertility issues would have been something I would have liked a little more information about, but I don't have a problem getting information when I ask questions. She does seem a little shy about some topics which I find cute cause I'm not very shy anymore.

As for the restricted foods, she was pretty lenient from the start though I didn't have any the first week, I did have a few the second. I think I have had pretty good weight loss with them; however, I do notice that I am much larger than a great deal of the women here, so that may make a difference. For me, 185 pounds is probably about 20% body fat and I see that many of you are starting there. I was also active dancing 3 nights a week going into the program though I've been sidelined for an injury pretty much since I started. I have to wonder if the restricted foods make a bigger difference if you are smaller or have less muscle mass to begin with.

showgirlaz 09-11-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marionm (Post 3476170)

As for the restricted foods, she was pretty lenient from the start though I didn't have any the first week, I did have a few the second. I think I have had pretty good weight loss with them; however, I do notice that I am much larger than a great deal of the women here, so that may make a difference. For me, 185 pounds is probably about 20% body fat and I see that many of you are starting there. I was also active dancing 3 nights a week going into the program though I've been sidelined for an injury pretty much since I started. I have to wonder if the restricted foods make a bigger difference if you are smaller or have less muscle mass to begin with.

She was probably lenient about the restricted foods because, AS OF THIS SUMMER, Ideal Protein changed its protocol for Phase1.

Restricted foods are allowable during week one if it is seen as necessary for the client. The are allowed for all clients beginning week 2.

biggirl86 09-11-2010 11:31 PM

This forum is defenitely a huge help for me, I am sooo glad to find you guys. I am still a newbie, but i've already found some things that are not cute about the diet, and my coach did not told me even though I can still deal with it.

The following are:
    • going to the bathroom avery 5 mnts to p
    • gum bleeding
    • weigh lose of about 2 pounds per week form week 2 on!!:(
    • all the drinks except form the chocolate and the capuccino are bad:(
    • I can use the WF dressings and products
    • b the way I am also havin weird dreams or night mares about me braking the diet! or other funny things!
    • hunger may go away, but not cravings!!
    • ways to accomodate 64oz water in my body a day when I am so busy
    • I was in ketosis the first week and it will CONTINUE!!:
    • I cannot eat can tuna
    • More motivation KEEP GOING YOU CAN DO IT DONT GIVE UP!!!!!

My coach dont care:(

showgirlaz 09-12-2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggirl86 (Post 3476962)
This forum is defenitely a huge help for me, I am sooo glad to find you guys. I am still a newbie, but i've already found some things that are not cute about the diet, and my coach did not told me even though I can still deal with it.

The following are:
    • going to the bathroom avery 5 mnts to p
    • gum bleeding
    • weigh lose of about 2 pounds per week form week 2 on!!:(
    • all the drinks except form the chocolate and the capuccino are bad:(
    • I can use the WF dressings and products
    • b the way I am also havin weird dreams or night mares about me braking the diet! or other funny things!
    • hunger may go away, but not cravings!!
    • ways to accomodate 64oz water in my body a day when I am so busy
    • I was in ketosis the first week and it will CONTINUE!!:
    • I cannot eat can tuna
    • More motivation KEEP GOING YOU CAN DO IT DONT GIVE UP!!!!!

My coach dont care:(

I hope your coach will care. :( Mention the bleeding gums to them. That really shouldn't happen. Cravings will eventually go away. Hunger may not. Your tastes are likely to change and things may become more flavorful to you. The nightmares... yes, they are pretty crazy! :)

A nice thing is YOU CAN EAT THE TUNA... my coach ate plenty of it while he did the diet. I don't care for canned tuna but, I have used it once in awhile.

AND, YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN DO THIS!! :) DON'T GIVE UP! :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:23 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.