3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   What do you wish your coach had told you??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/205991-what-do-you-wish-your-coach-had-told-you.html)

JellyMae87 01-05-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debbie64 (Post 4157139)
Pat, thank you so much. I too am very very proud of my results and over the holidays too! I swear I tell everyone who asks what I did or am doing about IP! However I need to figure out how to tell them this is not a "diet" for the faint of heart. I think it takes true committment and planning, planning, planning! The money is some what an issue but $4.5/meal is cheaper then a Big mac, fries and a soda at BK.
Have to figure out how to keep up the losing while on a 7 day cruise the last week in Jan. I know it will be a challenge as I cant fix my own food but will do the best I can and have a suitcase full of products.
Deb

You can do it!! Just use the knowledge that ip has given you so far... I know that some people did a mini phase off to go on vacations...

Tammywhiz 02-01-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rinoa1823 (Post 3375101)
i wish my coaches told me they were more salesmen than coaches...i ask them a question and its ..."oh well we have a pill for that"...meh i just use them to purchase product now...if I didnt have this forum I would be totally lost

like-like-like this comment. That is how I feel about my coach. Not a coach just a salesman that weighs me once a week....gonna look for a new place.

SaraBean 02-01-2012 11:40 AM

I wish they told me that I would have a different coach each week and get weighed on different scales. It seems inconsistent.

patns 02-01-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvismommy3 (Post 3646593)
Hi Holly! Good luck to you, too!
This is the most extreme low-carb weight loss program I have tried. I was on South Beach combined with Myoden and B-12 injections and I lost 70 pounds in a year, but due to some extreme stress and hormonal issues, I put it all back on plus 10 in less than 5 months. I like that this one teaches you HOW to eat carbs for the rest of your life. I am feeling a little better today, but still no energy or anything yet - and I was eating MASSIVE carbs before the program. I will be back on the boards later today hunting for recipes because I am beyond bored with the salads, although I enjoy my excuse to buy shrimp every week :) Have a great day!

This is why I am concerned that the most common advice is to cut out the restricted items. They are there for a reason. I too have been on many diets and only the low carb works for me. But as soon as I went through the phases (such as phase 2 SB) to ease back into more normal eating the weight came back instantly.
If you follow the protocol of OP exactly you are giving your body a controlled amount of carbs every day. It does not go into shock when you hit maintance as it has not been carb deprived as you lost the weight.

The restricted is an important part of this process. I have just realized it is also important in that it is training my brain too. I will be much less likely to go into binge mood later if I do have a treat. I am becoming very conditioned to have only one treat a day in a controlled amount. I have boxes of bars in my cupboard but have no problem not thinking of the rest after I take my one for the day out. Pre IP I would have the rest on my mind all the time.

As far as what you wish your coach had told you; for me it is a point about which I had listened better. That is to get the oil in. Measure out the amount of olive oil and use it in salad dressing. Take the Omega capsule too. My loss for very slow until I realised I had really cut back on the oil by using all WF products instead. I also had big issues with the big C until I realized what was causing it.

Pat

thin4me 02-01-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyMae87 (Post 4156160)
That will be ideal! Your energy level will be low for the first 2-3 weeks. Just take things slow.... I do Roller Derby... and I have done it while on this program! you will be fine!

I can't believe how much you have lost - Awesome job!!!

sekc14 02-02-2012 11:28 AM

Worldwide, the obese now greatly outnumber the undernourished, according to the World Health Organization. Obesity is a public health problem in most countries. And chronic diseases related to diet such as heart diseases, diabetes and some cancers — for the first time in human history — kill more people than infectious diseases, according to the United Nations.
http://news.yahoo.com/sugar-regulate...180605186.html

Momto2cs 02-02-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miasmama (Post 4153872)
No, I am not a nutrition/biology/exercise science major. I am a woman who was 50 lbs overweight and heard about Ideal Protein from a co-worker. At the time there was only one clinic in my small town offering the protocol. I lost the weight through that clinic, never ever once meeting the dr!! A personal friend who is also a dr. watched me slim down and became interested in adding the protocol to his practice when it was mentioned at a seminar he was at and it clicked that this was the diet he had watched me have great success with and become very passionate. When he decided to add it to his practice he asked me to be his coach largely based upon the fact that I had "walked the walk" as well as my enthusiasm in wanting to help others change their lives. You will find that many clinics have coaches that have never had a weight problem and more than likely have never done the protocol! I am not saying one bit that they are not great coaches, but personally I know that my dieters really love the fact that I have been in their shoes!
We do receive a full training to become a certified coach from our regional representative. The dr I work for reviews each and every health profile, meets every dieter and is there for me 24/7 should there be anything that comes up that I am not qualified to respond to. We also have the IP corporate staff available to us as well.
There are MANY diets out there, including ones where you are under the guidance of a professional nutritionist, personal trainer etc. If IP is not the one you feel comfortable with, then please choose another one! For myself and many, many others IP has changed our lives!!
Best of luck to you Kara on your journey!

I agree that having a coach who has done ip is a huge plus. If they haven't then they really can't understand the process.

Even if they just do it for a few weeks, at least then they can discuss the food, ideas for variety, etc.

When I go and it's someone who hasn't even tried the food I am always disappointed.

triplelma 02-02-2012 03:15 PM

Where in RI?

Not sure where you are in RI, but the center in Raynham MA is phenomenal. Kim is my coach and she rocks. This center is NOT LIKE THE OTHERS! They keep close tabs on you to make sure you are healthy and do not push anything on you.. She is in it for the right reasons- she lost 130 pounds herself and has found this to be her passion. I'm no expert, but getting weighed on different scales by different people does not seem like a good thing for continuity of care! Look for a new center, your paperwork can always be transferred!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraBean (Post 4198810)
I wish they told me that I would have a different coach each week and get weighed on different scales. It seems inconsistent.

geminezmarie 02-02-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvfree (Post 4039436)
I wish I had been told that your vision may very well get blurry and change for about a few weeks due to lowered sugar levels....I am insulin resistant, my coaches know that, but not mention this side affect that results for lowered blood sugar levels...

Oh WTH, I've been trying to figure out why my semi-shite vision has worsened in my first week on IP. Thanks for the mention of this!

pegv 02-02-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triplelma (Post 4200754)
Not sure where you are in RI, but the center in Raynham MA is phenomenal. Kim is my coach and she rocks. This center is NOT LIKE THE OTHERS! They keep close tabs on you to make sure you are healthy and do not push anything on you.. She is in it for the right reasons- she lost 130 pounds herself and has found this to be her passion. I'm no expert, but getting weighed on different scales by different people does not seem like a good thing for continuity of care! Look for a new center, your paperwork can always be transferred!!

I switched from one center to another and they charged me the $100.00 fee. I had already went over the protocol and they still wouldn't waive the fee. I guess it costs to have someone weigh you and measure you.

heliosmommy 02-03-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tammywhiz (Post 4198337)
like-like-like this comment. That is how I feel about my coach. Not a coach just a salesman that weighs me once a week....gonna look for a new place.

I totally agree with this comment. Everytime I ask a question mine tells me that she doesn't know, but she'll check her manual and let me know next week. She's been at this for over a year and over 50 patients so I find that a little odd. So, I have resigned myself to the idea that I have no coach, but just a salesperson. At least I have this forum!!!

vocaleer 02-03-2012 05:34 PM

Ha! So right about the dreams! The other night, I dreamed I was eating a block of cream cheese, held in my hand with the wrapper pulled down - like a klondike bar. A few days before that, I dreamed I ordered a pizza, realized I couldn't eat it, so I had a beer instead. But in my waking hours, I don't have cravings at all!

Mom3LoveBugs 02-03-2012 06:09 PM

I wish I had a coach!

alex1space 02-04-2012 11:55 PM

Home

I am winding down day 3 of IP and was beginning to feel a little discouraged. The only support I have around me are my fiance and my mother. He pushes to hard (poor baby is really trying to help), and my mother (on IP for 6 weeks) has hit a plateau, so she is mopy. I feel like I have found a new home for myself here. I can't wait to read on to see what other ideas and tip you all have!!

Tripmama 02-05-2012 12:31 AM

Just keep it up. /and be sure to get in 2 tsp of olive oil and some apple vinegar