Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #421  

OK ... I've searched and I give up. What's NSV?
Old 07-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Non-Scale Victory -- it took me awhile, too. Motivators that aren't the number on a scale, basically.

I still have no idea what DH stands for, other than I'm guessing it's means husband. Maybe someone can enlighten me!
Old 07-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #423  

Height: 5'8"

carlaGREAT IDEA!! i will do the grape koolaid and splenda next time, propbably wouldn't even need the gelatin i don't think, it is soooooooooo good

elliei have had to enter in EVERY ip product into fit day and even things like Extra Virgin Olive oil and soybeans to my custom foods, take an hour to do so and you'll never have to worry about it again though on the left side of the screen on the foods page it has the options "view custom foods", "add custom food" etc. add all your foods there.

congrats on the dress, Jessica!

had a not so planned bad day yesterday during my date night with the hubby, didn't go too overboard but had a couple handfuls of popcorn at the movies and some chips and salsa at dinner oh well, another day, another step towards goal.

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-04-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #424  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Does anyone know where you can find a list of Ideal Protein clinics? My Mom wants to start going but she can't find a place near where she lives. She lives in Barrie, Ontario.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #425  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
OK, have to share this, will post in recipes but this is the BEST concoction i've come up with in 10 weeks on IP and i have to spread the word!

GRAPE CREAM SHAKE/SLUSH

1 packet vanilla pudding
8 oz water
1 c of ice
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp of Grape JELLO gelatin dessert powder

shake up everything in the shaker, pour over ice and enjoy!!! tastes just like those frozen grape popsicles with ice cream in the middle-YUMMMMMMMY. oooh, i may blend it up with ice to make a grape cream slush later tonight

*note* i used 1 tsp of real full-sugar Jello. It contains about 1 carb per teaspoon and is purely sugar. they don't make sugar free jello in grape so you could also use the sugar free jello in a different floavor like orange or cherry but it's made with aspartame and i know i would rather have an extra carb in the day that ingest a nasty chemical like aspartame.

I made mine with sugar-free orange jello last week. I put it in the freezer until slightly frozen. Tasted like a dreamsicle pop! I'll have to try grape. Sounds good too.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #426  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Non-Scale Victory -- it took me awhile, too. Motivators that aren't the number on a scale, basically.

I still have no idea what DH stands for, other than I'm guessing it's means husband. Maybe someone can enlighten me!
Thanks for the translation. I could tell it was something to be celebrated but couldn't figure out the acronym.

DH = Dear Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Does anyone know where you can find a list of Ideal Protein clinics? My Mom wants to start going but she can't find a place near where she lives. She lives in Barrie, Ontario.
I found a clinic/spa near me on the IP website:
http://www.idealprotein.com/ipcl_caen.asp?no=330

If that link doesn't work shrinkingsusie, you can find it as a drop-down item when clicking on the "Contact Us" button.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 07-04-2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: adding to reply
Old 07-04-2010, 09:12 PM   #427  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
you can find clinics at idealprotein.com
i tried looking it up with postal code L4N but i kept getting an error, probably because i am not familiar with how the postal codes work in canada!

you can find the center locator in the contact us section at idealprotein.com

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-04-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #428  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

elliei have had to enter in EVERY ip product into fit day and even things like Extra Virgin Olive oil and soybeans to my custom foods, take an hour to do so and you'll never have to worry about it again though on the left side of the screen on the foods page it has the options "view custom foods", "add custom food" etc. add all your foods there.

thanks Erin,

I ended up doing that. What is interesting is that I had never measured my meat before (kind of eye balled it), my mom has a food scale so I did today and it seems I having less than I thought I was. I say better this way than the other way.

I am having a really tough time being with them this time around, I can't smoke here so not being able to along with seeing so much treats right in front of me is not working out so well.

Lots of herbal tea. Lots and lots of herbal tea.

I am so scared of gaining weight by having protein for lunch and dinner...freaking out. I figure instead of having 100 cal lunches, now am having at least 300 cals and since not much movement while away, I could be in trouble by the time I get back home.

Last edited by pitakitten; 07-04-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #429  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
thanks Erin,

I ended up doing that. What is interesting is that I had never measured my meat before (kind of eye balled it), my mom has a food scale so I did today and it seems I having less than I thought I was. I say better this way than the other way.

I am having a really tough time being with them this time around, I can't smoke here so not being able to along with seeing so much treats right in front of me is not working out so well.

Lots of herbal tea. Lots and lots of herbal tea.

I am so scared of gaining weight by having protein for lunch and dinner...freaking out. I figure instead of having 100 cal lunches, now am having at least 300 cals and since not much movement while away, I could be in trouble by the time I get back home.
you're very welcome, so do your parents just not know that you smoke? i hid smoking for years from my mother and just ended up giving up, she's finally layed off on the lectures. funny thing is that i smoke so much less now-because i'm not drinking regularly anymore! working on getting the hubby to cut back since he is a pack a day kind of guy-i worry a lot about him..

speaking of tea, i made a half gallon of iced tea earlier and drank pretty much all of it in a matter of hours. i used to do sweet tea only and now the thought of drinking anything sweet makes me feel queasy. another good thing about ip i suppose

i think you'll be just fine, eating 800 calories a day is not a permanent thing, normally people need at least 1200 per day. you're doing great and i'm sure will continue to lose these last few pounds
Old 07-04-2010, 11:39 PM   #430  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
you're very welcome, so do your parents just not know that you smoke? i hid smoking for years from my mother and just ended up giving up, she's finally layed off on the lectures. funny thing is that i smoke so much less now-because i'm not drinking regularly anymore! working on getting the hubby to cut back since he is a pack a day kind of guy-i worry a lot about him..
Don't know if it will work but MAYBE what my BF shared with me could help motivate him. According to what my BF recently read, a pack a day cigarette smoke is spending 2,000.00 a year on cigarettes. Think of all that you can do with 2 grand??? I don't know, I smoked off and on, mostly socially, beginning when I was 16. And, no, it wasn't much, maybe a pack a month if that, so it was easy to hide from family. It also made it easier to stop when I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliec1978 View Post
Hi ladies! wow everyone is doing great! My last weigh in was 3.5 lbs so I am approaching 50!! WOOHOO. Just a question for u girls though...I have long read about hair loss and until recently I have been fine but now I am losing loads of it.. Any suggestions? I have been told its either a defficiency in either protein, zinc, iron ...Any thoughts?

Wishing you a fab week everyone =)
From what I've read, it may not may not have anything to do with deficiencies and may have more to the rapid weight loss and physical changes our body goes through. You can try using NIOXIN hair products. They help with regrowth. You can also take a hair vitamin like the one by MICHAEL's or Shen Min for women. They both are high quality and very complete. I am sure there are others too but those were most available for me.

In general, everything I have learned is once you are done with the weight loss, the hair goes back to the way it was. For me, I had a large amount of hair lost, started the vitamins I mention above, and things slowed down. I don't know if it was just the "shock" had past and I wouldn't have lost more or if the vitamins did help.

On the upside between the vitamins and the protein, my skin and NAILS look Gorgeous!

Quote:
Carla: how did you know that half a tomato was kicking you out of ketosis? By ketostix? Also, how long after having that tomato were you kicked out of ketosis?

Thanks
It was pretty easy, in about 24 hours after it happened the first time, I gained water weight. The next time, after I had read a few things, I ate the tomato, then took my blood sugar level. I showed a spike. Then within 24 hours, the taste in my mouth went away, and I gained water weight. THEN the day after that I had cravings and felt a bit out of control with hunger. I don't always trust ketostix but, when I have been in a steady range for a long while, and nothing else should have kicked me out, I start to suspect things that have sugars naturally. I had the fennel kick me out 2x actually because I couldn't believe it was the real culprit the first time.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:06 AM   #431  

Quote:

speaking of tea, i made a half gallon of iced tea earlier and drank pretty much all of it in a matter of hours. i used to do sweet tea only and now the thought of drinking anything sweet makes me feel queasy. another good thing about ip i suppose

i think you'll be just fine, eating 800 calories a day is not a permanent thing, normally people need at least 1200 per day. you're doing great and i'm sure will continue to lose these last few pounds

I am guessing they know but I just rather not do it in front of them, as I really rather not deal with their heart broken looks. I will quit one day but i have to decide on that myself and currently I actually enjoy its taste.

I went out and took a brisk walk, only 2 miles but I needed it, I kept thinking I am getting fat as I am sitting on the couch looking at the sweets on the table.

they have the most lovely neighbor, she knocked about couple of hours ago and had brought over my favorite sweet delight knowing that I was in town I thanked her graciously and watched my mom put in the freezer; she is saving it for me when I can have it.

alright...a bit pissy here
Old 07-05-2010, 01:12 AM   #432  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
....... I kept thinking I am getting fat as I am sitting on the couch looking at the sweets on the table.

they have the most lovely neighbor, she knocked about couple of hours ago and had brought over my favorite sweet delight knowing that I was in town I thanked her graciously and watched my mom put in the freezer; she is saving it for me when I can have it.

alright...a bit pissy here

Just remember :

Don't let the get to you! You may feel you want to throw a or , don't give in! It may make you but just or !!! Remember when you get back you have a to report to for a real don't make matters worse!

So, I am sending you :, wishing you lots of ! My fingers are hoping you will be when you come back with a good report! Either way, you know there will be a waiting for you!!

and lots o'
Old 07-05-2010, 01:24 AM   #433  

OMG Carla! Just wanted to say that made me laugh thank you so much!
Am in bed watching bad tv currently, thought i play with phone a little and am so glad I did.

Here is a question: should I eat all that am supposed to even though not hungry? Granted today was day 2 of phase 2 but for sine reason having real protein for lunch and dinner plus 2 IP Packs was too much.

Last edited by pitakitten; 07-05-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:39 AM   #434  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
I got back yesterday and it was hard, but I did it....SO I survived, but I was pretty unhappy.
wow, this sounds like the trip from ****! It's hard enough staying on plan when you're in a situation you can control. But I know how horrible it is to think you've done all the right planning and work and then still have it go wrong and you end up unable to eat because of it. The one good thing? In my pre-IP days, my blood sugar would plummet in this situation and I would truly LOSE it. Now, I feel somewhat hungry and frustrated, but not CRAZY. I hope it was bearable for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgrrl View Post
It's almost like I am trying to sabotage myself--Has anyone else struggled so early in the program?.
I think the 5-6 week mark seems to be a hard point for a lot of people--especially when you start counting how many more weeks you will be on plan and it seems FOREVER. Here is what I did...I counted out the number of weeks I was going to be on Phase I and then subtracted that many weeks and figured out what I was doing at that point in my life. Then I realized that does not seem very long ago at all....and when I get off Phase I it will not be forever either. I know it's easier for me because I had less to lose, and for people who are losing 50 or more pounds, I am so awestruck by your courage....it won't be easy but you CAN do it. And you deserve to do this for yourself. So...no more sabotage girl!

NSV alert:
I had promised myself not to buy new clothes until I was done losing weight as I cannot afford to buy multiple wardrobes...well today, I finally decided if I could find a pair of capris or jeans for less than $15, I could buy them. I tried on pair after pair and could not find one that fit right. I finally found a pair and was dismayed to see they were a size 13, but then found out I was shopping in the juniors section! I never even wore a junior as a teen, so what the heck? It's true this diet makes us lose in weird places...so the bad news is no booty left, none whatsoever. But the good news is I am wearing a pair of jeans that make me look the best I've looked in jeans in about 25 years (I'm 52).

food note; turns out that flax meal is a GREAT thickener. we are tossing a few teaspoons or more in things like the cauliflower "fried rice" and in lots of other things that are too runny and its quite nummy--a nice nutty flavor too!
Old 07-05-2010, 11:29 AM   #435  

S/C/G: 268/229/140

Carla-Thanks so much for always answering my questions and giving such precious feedback. It is much appreciated =)
Closed Thread