Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #91  

Regarding the pre-made shakes: there are all different rumors going around including they have salmonella, they are reformulating, the packaging is on backorder....

I don't think anyone knows what the reason is, but yes they are becoming unavailable for some reason.

Newlifestylediet.com has the identical shakes and Dr. Bernstein clinics also carry them...I'm not sure if they are on back-order with the other companies as well or not?
Old 06-29-2010, 06:05 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
hey all,
I've been out of town for 10 days and trying furiously to catch up with all the news.. In the meantime, can someone remind me where to find the vanilla ready to go shakes that are the identical recipe to the IP ones? I meant to order some and now have lost the information. thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJumbie View Post
Is anyone else in the US having trouble getting the premade shakes? Our coach said that their order is on backfill and it's already been 2 weeks without a new shipment. She thinks it could be a few more weeks. I'm going to buy the offbrand that has similar nutrition facts- but wanted to see if anyone else is having these problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Regarding the pre-made shakes: there are all different rumors going around including they have salmonella, they are reformulating, the packaging is on backorder....

I don't think anyone knows what the reason is, but yes they are becoming unavailable for some reason.

Newlifestylediet.com has the identical shakes and Dr. Bernstein clinics also carry them...I'm not sure if they are on back-order with the other companies as well or not?

all this talk has me worried even though my place still has them. Just emailed them to save me 6 of each vanilla and chocolate ones for me.

Jordanna: how about lindora? I have never bought any from them but carbs on those seems to be pretty low.

How odes the lindora ones compare to IP taste wise...anyone?
Old 06-29-2010, 06:28 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

First official weigh in tomorrow morning!! I'm so excited!!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #94  

Mr. Killer trainer in T - 50 mins
Old 06-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
all this talk has me worried even though my place still has them. Just emailed them to save me 6 of each vanilla and chocolate ones for me.

Jordanna: how about lindora? I have never bought any from them but carbs on those seems to be pretty low.

How odes the lindora ones compare to IP taste wise...anyone?
I haven't ever ordered any of Lindora's RTD's, but I think they might be the same. I like the flavor of their other packets. Here are the ingredients of the vanilla RTD, which has 1 net carb and 3 total:

Filtered water, protein blend (milk protein concentrate, whey protein concentrate, calcium caseinate), sunflower oil, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, inulin, natural and artificial flavor, sodium phosphate, DATEM (diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides), potassium phosphate, salt, carrageenan, colors (annatto, turmeric), sucralose and acesulfame-K (non nutritive sweeteners). May contain soy, eggs, wheat, and tree nuts.

Lindora is having a 20% off sale so you get 4 cans for $8 plus shipping and handling. They also have mocha RTD's 4 cans for $8 and Chocolate Royale On-the-Go's, 6 cans for $10.15. The sale lasts through July 2.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #96  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Default Whey protein

Just read the Consumer Reports review of safety of whey proteins - trying to digest what it means. I use some EAS drinks - mostly I am thinking about cadmium since I also eat a lot of spinach and shellfish, which are naturally high in cadmium, so I have a dietary source plus potential whey protein source. I wrote to Ideal Protein just to ask their levels - some are to be expected - just don't want to get too much.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Consumer Reports.pdf (145.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 06-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #97  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

When I first went on IP in March they vanilla shakes were not in an official "IP" packaging. I remember them being in the same colors as the Lindora shakes (I have 8 boxes of them now). I like them. I think I'm going to start doing the "alternative IP" plan. I just don't like that they don't have the drinks, and they cost more when they have them! SO... wish me luck.

I do have PLENTY of IP food, and I have a lot of Lindora stuff too. I ordered my supplements from Ourhealth coop like Bev s.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:25 PM   #98  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
WOW, I haven't been on in a while. I hardly know the people posting here. That's great that we have so many newbies. Maybe the "oldies" have lost their weight and moved on. Congrats to everyone.
We have not all moved on!!! how are you??? So good to see you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMonkey View Post
Hi Ya'll,

I know I haven't posted in a good long while but I've been watching everyone's amazing progress. Congrats to all!! You are all doing amazing.

I'm writing b/c I need some support and encouragement. Yesterday I went for my 16th WI. I have lost a total of only 27lbs. In the last month I have lost 0. How is it possible to lose 2inches off your waist, 2inches off your hips, and 4inches off your thigh but still weigh the same? I'm so frustrated even though I know I'm making progress.

I committed to IP for 16 weeks. That is what we figured our budget could support. Now here I am 16 weeks in and only halfway to my goal. Now what do I do?

And to make matters worse my coach keeps giving me contradictory advice. First its 2c of veggies twice a day. Then its 2c of veggies plus a salad twice a day. Then its your just a slow loser but still ok. Then its stop exercising and you'll lose faster. Yesterday it was your lack of excercise is what is causing this slow loss.

I'm so frustrated. I've been so dedicated and I just kinda feel like I've been kicked in the teeth. So any kind words you have would be appreciated.
Red Monkey, I'm with you. I've been on 14 weeks, not quite 1/2 way there, and I've decided enough of the excuses... I swear I've heard the same things, eat more veggies, eat more salad, exercise won't help etc... I do love IP, and I will continue to do it "alternative" style. I figured out today that I've spent almost $1,700. I wouldn't take the weight back for the money, but moving forward I will do it without the critic.

When I first went on IP in March they vanilla shakes were not in an official "IP" packaging. I remember them being in the same colors as the Lindora shakes (I have 8 boxes of them now). I like them. I think I'm going to start doing the "alternative IP" plan. I just don't like that they don't have the drinks, and they cost more when they have them! SO... wish me luck.

I do have PLENTY of IP food, and I have a lot of Lindora stuff too. I ordered my supplements from Ourhealth coop like Bev s.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Just got back from weekly weigh-in and I lost 3 lbs!!

That makes 15 lbs total in 3 weeks. I feel so good right now.

Went to Wal-Mart and purchased the EAS shakes to use in place of my third daily packet-----but am a little worried about using them now. ----- I am on such a roll and don't want to do anything to derail my progress. Are the EAS just as good as Lindora?

IP has cost me approx. $22 a pound thus far. Believe me it has been worth every DOLLAR and more!!! Will let you know how the 1 alternative a day works for me.

Elle

1st wk (-8) 2nd wk (-4) 3rd wk (-3)

Last edited by elle12; 06-29-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:14 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
planted the seed for my new avatar pic 3 years ago, look at it now!!!

thank you wannabeIP! if I were neurotic, I would say that my goal weight is 10 pounds over where I should be but I am not going to be neurotic.
Is that a lupine? or a foxglove? Beautiful!

OK. really battling the constipation all of a sudden. Drank 2 cups of senna tea yesterday. Some luck but not enough, if you know what I mean. Had another cup a few minutes ago. Am I drinking too much tea? Can I have some more? Help!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:31 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrook View Post
Is that a lupine? or a foxglove? Beautiful!

OK. really battling the constipation all of a sudden. Drank 2 cups of senna tea yesterday. Some luck but not enough, if you know what I mean. Had another cup a few minutes ago. Am I drinking too much tea? Can I have some more? Help!
no idea what it is, what do you think? my dad had given me a package of seeds he had and I remember putting them in that pot 3 years ago (apparently only one took). I am not very good with plant names at all

re constipation: I really suggest this tea called Slim natural tea, one cup at night and by morning you are fine. ONLY once a week though.

alright all: I had my 5th training session today, he weighed me and I was 131.5 with gym clothes, that is 2.5 pounds since thursday when I saw him last. we talked for a while after and he says that he thinks I am lean enough but not strong. He thought if I at least have a normal lunch (say phase II IP) then I will be able to train harder. I have to say I was a woos today as I had not had my vegetables during the day and just a salad with lettuce and cucumbers. Bottom line: I have made my decision, moving to phase II as of this Saturday! there is no time better than now, I don't need to weigh less but need to build a stronger core.

off to carry my butt to shower and get some water.

Cheers ya all.

BEVS and all: thanks for all the suggestion re alternate products; does the newlifestyle ones taste good too? how about the ones that costco sells? I heard they are pretty cheap.

Last edited by pitakitten; 06-29-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:35 PM   #102  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Kelsey, I'm doing fine. My B&B is really busy and I just don't take the time at the computer in the summer. I have been doing quite a bit of alternative. Even my coach was looking at ordering the vanilla shakes from New Life Style. I have almost no clothes left that I can wear, but I don't want to buy anything till I lose 10 more lbs. I am going to take some of my stuff to a friend this evening. She is a couple weeks behind me and doing really well. Take care...
Old 06-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #103  

Height: 5'8"

test said negative, yay!

hubby was sad but hey i'm the one who's lost a bunch of weight and would have to carry a child for 9 months, i'm thrilled to only see one line for once
Old 06-29-2010, 08:52 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Red Monkey & Kelsey ----You guys have done so well in 14 weeks and 16 weeks!!!!

Your success is truly an inspiration ----- I know you both will reach your goal

Last edited by elle12; 06-29-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
Just got back from weekly weigh-in and I lost 3 lbs!!

That makes 15 lbs total in 3 weeks. I feel so good right now.

Went to Wal-Mart and purchased the EAS shakes to use in place of my third daily packet-----but am a little worried about using them now. ----- I am on such a roll and don't want to do anything to derail my progress. Are the EAS just as good as Lindora?
:
I've never used Lindora, but, I've used EAS shakes exclusively since I started and I've lost 14 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks, so I'm happy with that. I prefer the chocolate over the vanilla, but I do use the vanilla to make a cappuccino type drink for my evening protein. The strawberry is awesome, tastes just like Nesquik strawberry - do they even still make that? Maybe I'm showing my age!
Closed Thread