Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 10:20 PM   #46  

wow - lots of movement & pounds lost on this board - keep it up!!

doxigirl: I really liked your "IP product cost per pound lost" portion of your signature... sure is an eye opener to put it like this!

TaylorMayde
: peppermint tea is fabulous for the tummy (great suggestion, Stacey41). I find it also helps to eat real food with a package... try having a couple pieces of cucumber or something before you have your package... and have your supplements before your package, as well.

Erin: Congrats on hitting the 160's!!! (sorry for being late.. just noticed)

For those of you keeping track (hah), I've been off the IP program for the last month trying to deal with my stomach problems.... problem being that my stomach HURT after every package.

My coach did come through with a fabulous remedy: go off all IP products/protein shakes/supplements for 3-4 days and eat normal, but don't go hungry. During this time, take 1tsp of Oregon Grape Extract 5 times per day (this has a high percentage of alcohol in it, so you probably shouldn't take it while on IP).

So, here I am on day 2 of "IP take 2" without any stomach pain (knock wood). Just thought I would share for those of you experiencing discomfort.

Last edited by pookee; 06-28-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:47 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 202/192/150

I am in dire need of some motivation. I am sick of the food and am starting to cheat here and there. Therefore, I am out of ketosis. I cannot hardly stomach any of this food anymore except the restricted items. Any suggestions of how I can mix it up so I can motivate myself to get this done with once and for all. Are there beans other than the ones listed we can have? What do I look for on the labels etc? Thank you all and congrats on all your weight loses and I admire each and every one of you for your stamina and determination. I wish it would rub off on me. ) Thanks!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:19 PM   #48  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHERYL5 View Post
I am in dire need of some motivation. I am sick of the food and am starting to cheat here and there. Therefore, I am out of ketosis. I cannot hardly stomach any of this food anymore except the restricted items. Any suggestions of how I can mix it up so I can motivate myself to get this done with once and for all. Are there beans other than the ones listed we can have? What do I look for on the labels etc? Thank you all and congrats on all your weight loses and I admire each and every one of you for your stamina and determination. I wish it would rub off on me. ) Thanks!

i'm sorry to hear you're losing motivation, i think it's something we all go through(some more than others like me!).

regarding the beans, i've really relied on shelled soybeans-soya-edamame as my lunch veggie daily because it's really "meaty" and chewy, much more satisying than cucumbers and lettuce with a packet. i look forward to it everyday and have not gotten sick of it after eating it for probably 4 weeks straight everyday. not sure if that's why i'm losing so slowly(they're a little higher in carbs at 4 g per 1/2 cup-but i'm ok with it because it helps keep me on the program.

also, have you tried mixing things up like freezing the pudding for a fudgesicle type treat or making milkshakes with vanilla pudding, WF cocolate syrup and PB, or just mixing up packets like half peach mango-half vanilla with ice to make a smoothie?

check out the recipe boards for different takes on packets and veggies-you may think something is gross-like i did about cauliflower but i chopped it in a food processor like rice one night, cooked it on the stove with olive oil and sliced mushrooms and it was almost like a rice dish from a steakhouse. YUMMY!

we all get frustrated and most of use have cheated to some degree, best thing to do it not make it a habit, because that will just get you back to where you were before you started. YOU CAN FINISH THIS, it WILL take weeks or months to do but you will be able to do it, promise!

good luck!!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 06-28-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:02 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

[QUOTE=yelliemom;3361553]After 15 weeks and 42lbs lost, Today I have officially made it to Onederland!!!!!! It feels so good to finally be here! My weigh in today was 199.1 which was a 2lb loss for the week.
QUOTE]
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Whoo Hooo to everyone who has had losses. Especially to Yelliemom on getting to ONDERLAND!!!
So last week I began phase 1 again on IP like I had planned. It was hard to give up some of my foods I was able to eat again. I found that when not on IP I do not crave peanut butter but holy cow this whole week I have craved it something fierce. I did try the flax "bread" that someone posted on here a week or so ago. It did not kick me out of ketosis and was actually not bad.
I have lost a total of 8.6lbs my first week back.
What a great loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis88 View Post
Just got back from my 3rd WI. Down another 8.6lbs. Lost 1.25" off my chest, 1" off my stomach, and 0.75" off my hips. My BMI also dropped by 1.3.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....this is a great program.
AMAZING!! WAY TO GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post

OK!!! I am in the 140's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay just barely in, but who cares!!! I made the 10lbs challenge with a few days to spare, so who knows, I may even get another .5/1lb in! I feel incredible today! It is really is possible!
FABULOUS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post
Maybe not entirely though. I lost my mom three weeks ago. I miss her so much that it is unimaginable. Needless to say I have fallen into this rut. My boss told me I couldn't take off in the near future either since he is telling me in confidence that he is turning in his resignation next week. In his absence and until we have a replacement, I have to do his and my own job. No saying how long that would be but he said I could probabely not be able to take my vacation in late September because of that. How many of you works for a jerk who thinks he is God sent? First he lies to me saying he has not accepted the offer yet, making it look like they are desperate to get him but he hasn't confirmed. The day before I had heard that the new place he is going to has hired a director already, so after knowing he was going there, I knew he had actually accepted the offer at least several days ago. Now, why would you lie about a thing like that?

Then, he tells me he is only giving a two weeks notice but immediately adds he wouldn't do that if he were me since I am a manager! What the **** does that even mean? I was so tired of his games, I let that go unanswered as well. I should be actually glad he is leaving but I was planning on applying there as a regular staff, so I can do some personal business on the side since as a manager I never have time to do so. Now that he is going there, there is no way I will apply.

Last week, one of my sons contracted mono. It is the most devestating sickness a teenager can go through. He couldn't even breath. I force fed him some ice cream every day and after 4 days finally got some Medrol Dospak for him and it wasn't until he was on that that he could actually leave his bed and take a shower and his fever/shivering stopped.

I am probably heavier than three weeks ago but don't care. Sorry to bring sadness to every ones' celebration of their weight loss and victories.
Take care.
I am so sorry for your loss and the added stressors you are experiencing. You will be in my thoughts.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:04 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 260/243/165 Started IP 6/21/10

Height: 5'9

So I was all excited to post my weight loss for Week 1.... I weighed yesterday morning and was down 8.6 lbs and was reading a moderate to dark purple on my ketostix....

I had a small serving of those Shirataki Noodles and now I'm 3 lbs heavier and only in the pink.... What????

I did drink a ton of water yesterday and it was 2nd day into my TOM but really?

Is it too early for me to be eating these noodles on Phase 1? Anyone had this issue?? WI is 10 days away and I'm still very excited about 5.6 lbs down but I won't lie liked the 8.6 lbs better!

Carla- Thanks for telling me about this forum... I love reading the success stories and it's nice to know I'm not the only one that maybe having a bad day....
Old 06-29-2010, 01:06 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Height: 5'5"

TXRealtor: I am so sorry for your loss and for all the misery you are experiencing. I do hope your son recovers soon. I am sending well wishes and prayers your way. For your boss, he's playing games with you. He should not have any business telling you when to take some time off, especially since he is leaving anyway. If you need time off, your work should grant it. My work has a program called Family medical leave, something like that?? and well, some people who need personal extended time-off can take some time without pay if necessary to tend to family medical stuff. Perhaps your work may offer it, too?? Best of luck for happier days ahead.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:15 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 260/243/165 Started IP 6/21/10

Height: 5'9

Quote:
I hate to be a skeptic, but Snickers is more than welcome to come here and get to know the group. Every day. I'm not sure of the stranger that wants daily emails. Sorry.
Your right Kelsey, it's probably better to have a big group supporting you.... Great quote you posted last week....

Have a great week everyone!
Old 06-29-2010, 01:16 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

been way busy to go through all the posts...

Erin: think that is when I switch to phase II too YAYS!!!!!!! to real piece of meat for lunch!!! "where is the beef??"
Old 06-29-2010, 03:16 AM   #54  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
I am going to Germany with DH for 3 weeks and am going to try to stay on Phase 1 Wish me luck!!
Hi. I spend a month or two in Germany each year. I think your wise to try to stick with Phase 1. But just in case you have to eat out or are invited to someone's home, beware the SALT, particularly in restaurants, and most especially in Indian food. I hope you have a [B]great time, and I hope the weather stays warm and sunny -- no volcanic overcast. 89F in Berlin today.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:17 AM   #55  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Hi. I spend a month or two in Germany each year. I think your wise to try to stick with Phase 1. But just in case you have to eat out or are invited to someone's home, beware the SALT, particularly in restaurants, and most especially in Indian food. I hope you have a [B]great time, and I hope the weather stays warm and sunny -- no volcanic overcast. 89F in Berlin today.
Sorry, I do know the difference between you're and your.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:14 AM   #56  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
WOO HOO... -3.4 = 1/2 way to my goal!!! YIPPEEEE!!
WHOOT HOOT!!!! Keep going, mama, keep going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn5419 View Post
So I was all excited to post my weight loss for Week 1.... I weighed yesterday morning and was down 8.6 lbs and was reading a moderate to dark purple on my ketostix.....
You be proud, and don't worry about anything else. Beside you want your stix to read trace/small!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn5419 View Post
Your right Kelsey, it's probably better to have a big group supporting you.... Great quote you posted last week....
We'll see if that person wants to get to know us all... thanks for the nice words about the quote, it seems what was on my mind hit home for a few others as well, and I'm happy it did. We're all in this together!

Quote:
Sorry, I do know the difference between you're and your.
LOL, you know, all you have to do when you realize that you made a booboo (I do it all the time) is "EDIT" the post and you can fix it and save it...
Old 06-29-2010, 06:20 AM   #57  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post

LOL, you know, all you have to do when you realize that you made a booboo (I do it all the time) is "EDIT" the post and you can fix it and save it...
Thank you! It's so weird writing to you at 12:19 am and knowing that you probably just got up.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:25 AM   #58  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Height: 5'2"

Default Shirataki noodles

I love the noodles too - in the chicken soup - yum!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:27 AM   #59  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Quote:
Thank you! It's so weird writing to you at 12:19 am and knowing that you probably just got up.
You're right. It's now time for me to leave for work now!!! I love that we make friends here SOOOOOOO far away!!!! Have a great night!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:18 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHERYL5 View Post
Glad to hear I am not the only one having a rough week I feel the same way!!! I am the worlds pickiest eater so every diet is a struggle. I find on this diet if I dont get some form of exercise in I don't loose. Truth is I am tired of exercise. You have those people who just love it......yeah I am not one of them. I had so much energy the first two weeks and then after a week of walking I am tired and just want to lay around. That is how I was before I started IP. I didnt exercise this week and I will be lucky if I can pull a one pound loss. My goal seems sooooo far away. Maybe this week I will break down and have a restricted item.
Closed Thread