Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoSuzy View Post
Oh my god I hate it here! My boss just came in and asked if I wanted a 'cheat day' Dairy Queen Blizzard...he's going to get the whole office Blizzards...I wanna run screaming from this building, these people eat so much sh!t EVERYDAY! I, of course, politely said no thank you, it's not worth it...even though I want one sooooooo bad.
...It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it....
Wish me luck on my job interview tomorrow so I can get away from these junk food eatin' jerks!

Calgarygirlie...congrats on the 140's!!! I hope to join you there next week. I seem to have stalled this week for some reason. I had such a great loss the week before I guess I had to slow down a bit...it's still disappointing!
It's not worth it! You did great. I would like to hope I could have been as dedicated. Good like with the new job!

TXRealtor: So sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers. Remember, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel...

Last edited by doxigirl; 06-28-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:07 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Oh my god I hate it here! My boss just came in and asked if I wanted a 'cheat day' Dairy Queen Blizzard...he's going to get the whole office Blizzards...I wanna run screaming from this building, these people eat so much sh!t EVERYDAY! I, of course, politely said no thank you, it's not worth it...even though I want one sooooooo bad.
...It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it....
Wish me luck on my job interview tomorrow so I can get away from these junk food eatin' jerks!
I hear ya! My office has an ever present supply of doughnuts, cookies, and Doritos that my co-workers bring in to share. It can be hard to resist, but I think the 'it's not worth it' mantra works!

Congrats to everyone on your success this week!

TXRealtor- So sorry for your loss and other stresses.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #33  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Ok--I have been prepping for the last week
And I know you guys said it would be hard but BLEH. I was sooo hungry all day at work. When I got home, I cooked dinner, but by the time I finished cooking it I didn't want to eat anything.
I managed to get it all down, but almost threw up every bite, and haven't even made it to my third pack yet.
I still wanna throw up, and I'm super dizzy.
Someone talk me through this
Old 06-28-2010, 08:31 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

I'm seriously getting sick of eating the same things, so I decided to suck it up and get creative in the kitchen tonight. This is similar to spaghetti pie, and very yummy.

1 pkg. shirataki angel hair "pasta"
2 eggs
sliced mushrooms
chopped green peppers
chopped onions
1/3 c. pizza sauce (I found some that had no added sugars, or you could make your own)
garlic powder to taste

Prepare shirataki per package directions. Sautee the mushrooms, peppers, onions, and whatever other veggies you want to throw in. Lightly beat the eggs and mix in garlic powder, sauteed veggies and shirataki. Pour in casserole greased with Pam. Top with pizza sauce. Bake at 350, about 1/2 hour, or until eggs are set. If you can afford the extra fat/cals, you can top with veggie shreds cheese in the last 5 minutes. This would also be good with a little spice added in.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:46 PM   #35  

Height: 5'8"

yellie!

Change that ticker, you should be so proud!!
Old 06-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #36  
Nichole

TaylorMayde: As we all know and you are now experiencing, the first day is HARD. Just take it one hour at a time and you will make it! Then wake up tomorrow and do the same thing. It IS worth it and you can do this. Before you know it, you will start to feel AMAZING and the first week will be a distant memory!

TXRealtor: I am so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs and prayers during this difficult time.

Yelliemom: Congrats on making it to onederland!!

Last edited by nitenic; 06-28-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:51 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
And I know you guys said it would be hard but BLEH. I was sooo hungry all day at work. When I got home, I cooked dinner, but by the time I finished cooking it I didn't want to eat anything.
I managed to get it all down, but almost threw up every bite, and haven't even made it to my third pack yet.
Welcome to my day 2 a few days ago. I just kept telling myself that if this was easy, everyone would do it. Everyone isn't doing it therefore it's not easy and I'm strong enough to endure it.

From what I've read, you're a strong lady so this should be a walk in the park. Trust me when I say that it will get easier- I promise it does. I've come out on the easier side of it and don't plan on going back to the old way.

You can do it!! Just think about all of the new clothes you'll have to buy when you lose the weight! Shopping keeps me motivated.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:51 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Try to relax, and have a cup of herbal tea. Peppermint will help calm your tummy. Take your salt. I find it easier to do it as a shot, as many others have suggests. And, drink lots of water. Hang in there, it gets easier!!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:02 PM   #39  
tay

S/C/G: 191/176/125

Height: 5'9"

Going in for my fourth weigh in tomorrow. hoping to end with a 20 pound loss for this month!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #40  
tay

S/C/G: 191/176/125

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
It will get better in just a couple of days trust me. the firsts three days are just about the worst and then it starts to get better and better. Hang in there! You can do it!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:22 PM   #41  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis88 View Post
Just got back from my 3rd WI. Down another 8.6lbs. Lost 1.25" off my chest, 1" off my stomach, and 0.75" off my hips. My BMI also dropped by 1.3.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....this is a great program.
GREAT LOSS!! MAN! i wish i had a man's metobolism, you guys can drop it much quicker than us ladies you're doing wonderfully and i'm sure your son is beaming with pride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r101 View Post
Hi Everyone!

I've been away from this thread for quite a while and still have to catch up on everyone's posts! Congrats all around! Looks like everyone is doing rather well!

YellieMom, special shout out to you!

JLewis88 - you're blazing through this already!

PitaKitten - wow! You're almost done!!!

KellyRook, am so glad to hear your vacation story! I pretty much have to do the same thing in a month when i go out of town, though i'll still be 15lbs away from my goal! Are you back to Phase 1 now? Was Phase 2 difficult to get used to or did you ease into it before you left?

I'm finally down 20lbs after 6 weeks. Stalled a week because of TOM and the weight loss is not at the optimal 3lb per week...but i do have a lot of added stress in my life. These arms of mine don't seem to shrink at all whereas i do see inches lost in all other areas. Cant wait to see my sis and mom this long weekend. Hopefully they see a difference though i am back at the weight i was last summer. Also, finally someone at office noticed the difference in the way i look...other than the fact that i am eating lettuce all day! =)

I feel better about myself. And that is the best thing ever.
i hate my never shrinking arms as well, planning on just working out hardcore when i hit goal in 9 lbs-hopefully only a couple of more weeks it feels so good when people actually start noticing the loss doesn't it!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Yelliemom... WHOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Super happy for you! All your hard work has totally paid off. I hope you are getting yourself a wee little something for your awesomeness

Pita....look at you all tech savvy and starting threads again You are so close to goal! Atta girl

Sweetstina...yes, please post that recipe, I may give it a shot too!

Jlewis....I've said it before, I 'll say it again..you are a machine!

Journeysend....Germany! you lucky thing!! Have a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear about it when you come back!!!

r101...20lbs is great!!! You are absolutely right on to feel great about yourself... Congrats!

juliec...arghhh cravings...I was close to eating the entire fridge on Friday, parts and all. Talked my self through it (again, barely) and I am so glad today. Just think of those intense cravings as your bodies way of saying " if you ignore me, you will just lose a lot of weight this week!"....sigh, so much easier said than done...Good luck!

Lovesmysofa...Welcome! You have definitely come to the right place

Disco!!!...if I remember correctly.... did I see single digits???? YAYAYAY!!

OK!!! I am in the 140's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay just barely in, but who cares!!! I made the 10lbs challenge with a few days to spare, so who knows, I may even get another .5/1lb in! I feel incredible today! It is really is possible!
YIPEE!!!!!!!! You go girlie! You SHOULD feel incredible!

Quote:

Calgarygirlie...congrats on the 140's!!! I hope to join you there next week. I seem to have stalled this week for some reason. I had such a great loss the week before I guess I had to slow down a bit...it's still disappointing!
hope the interview goes well, i can't stand unsupportive jerks like you're dealing with everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post
Maybe not entirely though. I lost my mom three weeks ago. I miss her so much that it is unimaginable. Needless to say I have fallen into this rut. My boss told me I couldn't take off in the near future either since he is telling me in confidence that he is turning in his resignation next week. In his absence and until we have a replacement, I have to do his and my own job. No saying how long that would be but he said I could probabely not be able to take my vacation in late September because of that. How many of you works for a jerk who thinks he is God sent? First he lies to me saying he has not accepted the offer yet, making it look like they are desperate to get him but he hasn't confirmed. The day before I had heard that the new place he is going to has hired a director already, so after knowing he was going there, I knew he had actually accepted the offer at least several days ago. Now, why would you lie about a thing like that?

Then, he tells me he is only giving a two weeks notice but immediately adds he wouldn't do that if he were me since I am a manager! What the **** does that even mean? I was so tired of his games, I let that go unanswered as well. I should be actually glad he is leaving but I was planning on applying there as a regular staff, so I can do some personal business on the side since as a manager I never have time to do so. Now that he is going there, there is no way I will apply.

Last week, one of my sons contracted mono. It is the most devestating sickness a teenager can go through. He couldn't even breath. I force fed him some ice cream every day and after 4 days finally got some Medrol Dospak for him and it wasn't until he was on that that he could actually leave his bed and take a shower and his fever/shivering stopped.

I am probably heavier than three weeks ago but don't care. Sorry to bring sadness to every ones' celebration of their weight loss and victories.
Take care.
you're doing what's right for you right now, i am so sorry for your loss. i can't imagine dealing with all you've been through these past few weeks. when it feels right we are all here to help you get back on track-don't forget that

Quote:
girl, you got this! it's rough, plan on the first 3-4 days being difficult, after that it's smooth sailing, YOU CAN DO THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay View Post
Going in for my fourth weigh in tomorrow. hoping to end with a 20 pound loss for this month!
Good luck tomorrow, I bet you hit the wonderful 160's!!! You're rocking this program, only a month and potentially 20+ lbs GONE, give yourself a huge pat on the back

ahhhhh...today was an awfully stressful day, co-worker left early to go to the hospital where her elderly father was rushed too. please keep her and her family all in your prayers/thoughts/whatver you do, i'm very worried about her. had a TON of work to do and felt like i couldn't focus my eyes by the end of the day it was such a frenzied mes.

weighed myself this morning after my cheat saturday night and for the first time-i expected a gain and was going to be OK with it and HAHA! no gain see what stressing does?? hoping to have a 2 lbs+ loss this week and be able to start phase 2 after my weigh in on the 8th.

hope everyone has a wonderful night!

and stina can't wait to hear about this week's loss!!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 06-28-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay View Post
That's the exact amount that I lost on my 4th WI on Friday ! I was so pumped !! You can do it too !! Sending good vibes your way !!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

WOO HOO... -3.4 = 1/2 way to my goal!!! YIPPEEEE!!
Old 06-28-2010, 10:00 PM   #44  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Yaaaaay Roz!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 10:12 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Ummmm Roz...I believe that is MORE THAN HALF WAY!!!!!! WhoooHoooo!!!
Closed Thread