Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 12:24 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
ellie
Bahahahaha!! Sweater meats! Awesome, I think it's also stored in my upper arms and my huge head

pooks, hope you don't mind me calling you that, I just love it
do i just go to a gym to get it tested with the pinching arm thing? on the scale at my clinic it supposedly tests for body fat and says i'm at 29%.

hmm, doubt the pinchy arm thing would be nice to me since all my extra fat is indeed on my arms. darn it.

Xanthia and Pookee
, I'm starting to think I'm the mutant or I just have a scale that has some personal vendetta against me

don't forget your hair.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:27 AM   #122  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
OMG...LMAO!!!!! hahahahaha

ERIN...you look better than the lady at 160...way better!!
check out the 6'4" 115 guy, he's my bf

thank you ma'am, i think the 160 lb girl in the pink dress is gorgeous and more similar to my body than the 170 for sure, but then i look at some 140s ladies and they look bigger than me. my husband thinks i weigh 130-always has-i've always just let him believe it, i think once i get to wherever i end up for my goal, i'll tell him and then tell him how i was pushing 200 for awhile. maybe i'll get another shopping trip!
Old 06-30-2010, 12:28 AM   #123  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
don't forget your hair.
Good point! I know that if I weigh with my hair down it adds an extra pound. Seriously.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:29 AM   #124  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
don't forget your hair.
very true..never thought of that. maybe i should go for a bob to make the 10 lbs to summer loss!
Old 06-30-2010, 12:30 AM   #125  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Good point! I know that if I weigh with my hair down it adds an extra pound. Seriously.
thanks for the tip nichole! geri's gonna look at me all kinds of crazy when i insist on putting it up friday!
Old 06-30-2010, 12:32 AM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
OMG...LMAO!!!!! hahahahaha

hotness eh??

ERIN...you look better than the lady at 160...way better!!
ditto X a very big number
Old 06-30-2010, 12:35 AM   #127  

Quote:

thank you ma'am, i think the 160 lb girl in the pink dress is gorgeous and more similar to my body than the 170 for sure, but then i look at some 140s ladies and they look bigger than me. my husband thinks i weigh 130-always has-i've always just let him believe it, i think once i get to wherever i end up for my goal, i'll tell him and then tell him how i was pushing 200 for awhile. maybe i'll get another shopping trip!

dude belongs to a vampire movie, he has lost too much blood but still happy.

alright am begining to think the chicks at 130 and 5'2" probably have more muscle than me...I don't see a tummy on them but I see mine right here
Old 06-30-2010, 12:36 AM   #128  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Quote:
very true..never thought of that. maybe i should go for a bob to make the 10 lbs to summer loss!
I am getting a brazilian for this friday's weigh in
Old 06-30-2010, 12:37 AM   #129  
Nichole

Quote:
thanks for the tip nichole! geri's gonna look at me all kinds of crazy when i insist on putting it up friday!
LOL! If it makes you feel better, I wear pretty much the same thing every week. I only switch it up when the outfit gets to be too big, therefore hanging off of me and weighing more. I guess that's an advantage to having a scale at home -- I get to pick the "lightest" outfit I can find on weigh in days. And it's usually workout clothes (not cute matching ones either) so I look like a total bum.

Speaking of looking like a bum, I wore what used to be one of my favorite outfits today and felt like I was swimming in the top. Then my coworker (who I work out with and consider a friend) told me not to wear the pants anymore cuz they were way too big.

Edited to add... Ellie:

Last edited by nitenic; 06-30-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:40 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:

Seriously, y'all...LMAO...out loud and all... can you imagine...LOL!!!

I love it that your hubby thinks you weigh less, that is sweet. You sure carry your weight well.

PITA...too funny, a brazillian for WI!! bhahahahah!! ♥ it!

Last edited by motiv8edmama; 06-30-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:14 AM   #131  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
wow - lots of movement & pounds lost on this board - keep it up!!
For those of you keeping track (hah), I've been off the IP program for the last month trying to deal with my stomach problems.... problem being that my stomach HURT after every package.

So, here I am on day 2 of "IP take 2" without any stomach pain (knock wood). Just thought I would share for those of you experiencing discomfort.
So Glad to see you back! It's good to know you are feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn5419 View Post
Carla- Thanks for telling me about this forum... I love reading the success stories and it's nice to know I'm not the only one that maybe having a bad day....
I am SOO glad you like it here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
Glad to hear I am not the only one having a rough week I feel the same way!!! .... My goal seems sooooo far away. Maybe this week I will break down and have a restricted item.
I understand how it is when the goal seems so far away! Stick with it. Have the restricted item. If you are allowed them, eat a few, I think that in moderation they actually support weight loss. Try it and find out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMonkey View Post
Hi Ya'll,

I know I haven't posted in a good long while but I've been watching everyone's amazing progress. Congrats to all!! You are all doing amazing.

I'm writing b/c I need some support and encouragement. Yesterday I went for my 16th WI. I have lost a total of only 27lbs. In the last month I have lost 0. How is it possible to lose 2inches off your waist, 2inches off your hips, and 4inches off your thigh but still weigh the same? I'm so frustrated even though I know I'm making progress.

I committed to IP for 16 weeks. That is what we figured our budget could support. Now here I am 16 weeks in and only halfway to my goal. Now what do I do?

And to make matters worse my coach keeps giving me contradictory advice. First its 2c of veggies twice a day. Then its 2c of veggies plus a salad twice a day. Then its your just a slow loser but still ok. Then its stop exercising and you'll lose faster. Yesterday it was your lack of excercise is what is causing this slow loss.

I'm so frustrated. I've been so dedicated and I just kinda feel like I've been kicked in the teeth. So any kind words you have would be appreciated.
I know how it is to have a large amount to go, lose much of it up front and stall out during that 12 -16 week window. "been there, done that!" Keep going. Shake it up with new veggies, new recipes, different IP foods, add restricted is you can have them. Increase your fats/omegas for a little while. YOU WILL see the scale move again. I think the body needs time to catch up to what it just accomplished.

I think that is also the answer to the "inches lost" question. I did the same thing. I lost A LOT of weight at the start and good inches. Then, I lost almost nothing for WEEKS but a TON of inches. I am glad I lost the inches now that I think about it. Like I said, your body needs time to catch up, if it hadn't, I would have over 5" of saggy skin on my biceps... I DON'T so something was happening with my skin tightening up as my body caught up to the "abuse"

Each of us is different. Some lose fast, steady and cruise through. Others have frequent stalls or plateaus. And still others, like me, lose a lot fast, slow or stall, lose inches, and then pick up.

During my first 10 weeks I lost 40 pounds and 39".
During the next 10 weeks I lost only 16.5 pounds but 23".
I had weeks I lost only .3 pounds but 3.75"...
During the past 10 weeks I have lost 17 pounds and 17"

It isn't great, an average of 2.45 pounds per week, but 2.63" per week too. AND, I don't have that saggy loose skin look!

I still have 20 - 30 pounds left to go and, at just over a pound a week average these days, it seems like forever! It might be but, if I can lose it, keep it off and feel I accomplished something that was impossible before this... well, it is worth the struggle.

As far as your coach's advise, it is 2 cups of veggies and salad a day TWICE a day (lunch and dinner). You can split that up a little and use some veggies for snacks if that helps. The exercise, if slow and steady, doesn't seem to be an issue for most people.

I can't tell you what to do but, if you like the concept and really can't keep IP in your budget anymore, don't give up. Try it with the alternate products, some have had great success exercising and using the new lifestyle shakes. Maybe I shouldn't be saying that; I think IP is amazing! But, if you are in a position you might have to quit buying IP because of cost, I hope you don't give up on a protocol that works for you and can be done through alternate means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Yay! Just got back from ym second weigh-in... 5.8!!! That's a total of 13.2! I'm so happy!
GREAT JOB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Physically I'm feeling much better today
Emotionally not so much. My dad called this morning to tell me my little brother was admitted to the hospital late last night. He has meningitis. The worst part is they were on vacation, and he's in the hospital in Missouri, so it's about a 7 hour trip. I'm about to go anyway. I'm hoping my diet can hold tight through this He's only 16, so please keep him in your prayers.
Taylor, I hope he is ok! Fortunately, they have him diagnosed and in care. Let us know how it goes!

Quote:
just realized something weird last night...haven't seen TOM in probably close to 3 weeks. this is strange as once i started ip, i was rarely off my period.

anyone else see their periods slowly go from crazy and out of whack to "normal" again.

agh!
YES! I was a 30 day cycle, then 27 days, then 21 days, then 17 days, and My TOM was getting longer, 2 days, 4 days, 8 days, 10 days... AAGGH felt like I was always on TOM! Then back to 28 for a three cycles and a normal 4 days. NOW, I am early 8 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
WOW, I haven't been on in a while. I hardly know the people posting here. That's great that we have so many newbies. Maybe the "oldies" have lost their weight and moved on. That would be wonderful. Congrats to everyone.
Hey there! nice to see you! I have been wondering if you have been busy with summer business! Yes, some have moved on. Some are on one of the new threads, life after phase 1. Drop in and you will see novak, lolita, jordanna, bevs, I think CW, and a few more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Phase 3 is going really well so far, no gains no losses - I guess that's a good thing right!! It's hard not to want to lose when I step on the scale and I'm itching to get back on program in August to start the final descent to my goal weight! I am really enjoying the break from program though I move to phase 4 and can't wait for cheat day...I've got a list of things I'm looking forward to having and have picked out one thing for each cheat day between now and going back on program!

Have a great week everyone!
So glad to see you! I am glad the phase adjustments are going well! I hope I can start phase 2 next month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Regarding the pre-made shakes: there are all different rumors going around including they have salmonella, they are reformulating, the packaging is on backorder....

I don't think anyone knows what the reason is, but yes they are becoming unavailable for some reason.

Newlifestylediet.com has the identical shakes and Dr. Bernstein clinics also carry them...I'm not sure if they are on back-order with the other companies as well or not?
My coach said it was both. Partly, more thorough investigations of the products because of issues with other diet drinks (not IP) and IP reformulating. In any case, he said he will be having greater difficulty getting the vanilla and chocolate ready made and the strawberry pudding. It only came up because I order them all and I have been increasing my orders of Ready to drinks. I was hoping to try what CW did to see if I can boost my losses some! . For me to do that, I need to order from somewhere else or make up the vanilla pudding as a drink I guess.

Hey PITA: I thought the link you shared was interesting! I actually realized i liked the appearance of people my height at 140 to 150 pounds... some of the 130's but most were more lean/straight body types than I want to end up like... HMMM? Maybe I will be happy a little heavier after all!

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodie...htweight.shtml

Last edited by showgirlaz; 06-30-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:29 AM   #132  

Carla,

On iPhone so hard to do a quote but wanted to say I agree with what you are saying. I thought pics of say 120 at 5'2" were too thin. I really need a new pic of myself to see. My self image has not changed at all. I doubt I look like the 130 pound pics.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:55 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Height: 5'5"

TaylorMade: Sending you positive thoughts and prayer for you and your family.

I had a big loss tonight - a whopping 5 pounds! very excited cuz almost in the 180's. I did kind of had a cheat day today after my WI -- i ended up having 2 restricted items today. wasn't the plan but had the chili for lunch today and then purchased the chocolate covered soy puffs at my WI and just wanted to try them sooo bad, so I opened a bag and ate it all. i'm bummed. tomorrow is a new day with no restricted items!!

have a great night and good luck to you all tomorrow! dina
Old 06-30-2010, 01:56 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

We'll just chalk this one up to a strange day. On plan, but strange.

First, so busy at work figuring out a time to eat was nearly impossible. I enjoy eating my salads, but honestly, they take a long time to eat. Something carb filled would have been much faster, even if I don't have a craving for it anymore.

Then, late afternoon shake, then went to serve dinner for the homeless, and no time for any food of any kind before I got there.

Reflective me said that all the issues I've ever had with food, I'm grateful I've always HAD it. Hungry me wondered how inappropriate it would be for me to steal food from the homeless. (Just kidding, it didn't even look good, but honestly, I was STARVING).

pitakitten: That site is GREAT -- thanks for sharing. I think I could be happy with 135 me if I looked like that...not sure I will, but there you have it.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:59 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Rocky...Welcome back! What a pain all those meals must have been. Thank goodness you had the ol' emergency stuff, well done! I know what you mean about lowering goal weight. I originally thought that 150 would be awesome, if not unachievable. I lowered it a few weeks ago, and now I am (just barely) in the 140's. I still waver about where I want to be, but I am super happy to finally be inside, although on the high end of a healthy BMI. Take that Wii Fit!!!

Kelsey...my clinic had done the same thing with the IP rtd shakes. She must have run out, so she was giving Dr. Bernstein individual ones in her mixed packages. Now she is mad because we don't buy the IP ones. I figure if she can use them for her clients (charging IP prices) so can I for $12/6pack. So are you off IP or just moving to alternative sources to cut back costs?

Pita!...time to get naked, girl Totally WI in all your glory, and you will absolutely be at goal!!!! Can't wait to hear how Phase 2 works for you. I love that body images website too. It was a great reminder, I haven't looked in over a month, so I am going to check out my new weight there.

Mamaerin...whew! I swear men have no idea what being preg is like, no matter how much we complain, haha. I was preg 6 times in 5 years, and my body is a mess. I am taking a little time to fix me up now You can make more beautiful babies later ......also for the calipers test, they will check all of you. A really good trainer will also use those nasty little buggers on your cheek and neck as well as your whole body. Not always pleasant, but mighty accurate

Nitenic...ahhh the clothing dilemma...I was told "nice MC Hammer pants" by my brother in law, when I was wearing some jeans....wait, now that may REALLY date me You have had an awesome loss so far, Yay to you!

Dietfrenzy...wow 5lbs yahoooooo!!! Don't stress about the extra bits. At least you cheated with the right foods. All good, go with your plan for tomorrow and you will be just fine!!! Again 5lbs so good.

Last edited by Calgarygirlie; 06-30-2010 at 02:02 AM.
Closed Thread