3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Chat week of June 28-July4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/205770-ideal-protein-chat-week-june-28-july4.html)

RedMonkey 06-29-2010 08:27 AM

Hi Ya'll,

I know I haven't posted in a good long while but I've been watching everyone's amazing progress. Congrats to all!! You are all doing amazing.

I'm writing b/c I need some support and encouragement. Yesterday I went for my 16th WI. I have lost a total of only 27lbs. In the last month I have lost 0. How is it possible to lose 2inches off your waist, 2inches off your hips, and 4inches off your thigh but still weigh the same? I'm so frustrated even though I know I'm making progress.

I committed to IP for 16 weeks. That is what we figured our budget could support. Now here I am 16 weeks in and only halfway to my goal. Now what do I do?

And to make matters worse my coach keeps giving me contradictory advice. First its 2c of veggies twice a day. Then its 2c of veggies plus a salad twice a day. Then its your just a slow loser but still ok. Then its stop exercising and you'll lose faster. Yesterday it was your lack of excercise is what is causing this slow loss.

I'm so frustrated. I've been so dedicated and I just kinda feel like I've been kicked in the teeth. So any kind words you have would be appreciated.

BevS 06-29-2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaylorMayde (Post 3362281)
Ok--I have been prepping for the last week
And I know you guys said it would be hard but BLEH. I was sooo hungry all day at work. When I got home, I cooked dinner, but by the time I finished cooking it I didn't want to eat anything. :(
I managed to get it all down, but almost threw up every bite, and haven't even made it to my third pack yet.
I still wanna throw up, and I'm super dizzy.
Someone talk me through this :dizzy:

Advanced preparation may help you. Buy the premade salads or make up your own once a week. When you get home from work and start your dinner, eat the salad while you cook. Or break out a jar of pickles. If you like sweet pickles, buy the Mt. Olive sugar-free ones with Splenda. Just have something on the diet you can munch on. I cook and debone a chicken once or twice a week so I can just measure it out for dinner while the veggies are cooking in the microwave. Don't let yourself get too hungry. If you're having a late dinner, eat your snack packet in the afternoon. Plus only eat the packets that you really like. Right now you don't know which ones those are, but you'll learn fast. Some people only eat the drinks and puddings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawn5419 (Post 3362637)
So I was all excited to post my weight loss for Week 1.... I weighed yesterday morning and was down 8.6 lbs and was reading a moderate to dark purple on my ketostix....

I had a small serving of those Shirataki Noodles and now I'm 3 lbs heavier and only in the pink.... :devil: What????

I did drink a ton of water yesterday and it was 2nd day into my TOM but really?

Is it too early for me to be eating these noodles on Phase 1? Anyone had this issue?? WI is 10 days away and I'm still very excited about 5.6 lbs down :carrot: but I won't lie liked the 8.6 lbs better!

Carla- Thanks for telling me about this forum... I love reading the success stories and it's nice to know I'm not the only one that maybe having a bad day....

Trust me, the noodles didn't make you gain weight.:) They are Phase 1 friendly. You actually want the ketostix to read trace to light. You lose more weight at that level. When it read darker, you might not have been as hydrated. And yes, TOM can cause you to hold water. It's not true weight gain.

kellyrook 06-29-2010 10:26 AM

Pita: so glad my post gave you happiness and hope! Cheers to an awesome vacation!

Journey: You lucky girl! Have a blast in Germany. I admire you for your determination to stay in phase I.

Calgariegirl: Saw your before and after pics and you are so darn pretty! Congrats to you in the 140's. You go, girl!

Taylormade: You are in the trenches in the first few days. Water, salt, extra packets, I even chopped up restricted bars to have when I was starving and lost like, ridiculous amounts of weight the first couple weeks. I can't remember much of the first week except laying in bed, exausted and starving and completely spaced out. Then, boom! It's better. Just do what you have to do the first couple days to survive (excpet cheat!). Good luck, sweetie!

Journeysend 06-29-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXRealtor (Post 3362033)
Maybe not entirely though. I lost my mom three weeks ago. I miss her so much that it is unimaginable. Needless to say I have fallen into this rut. My boss told me I couldn't take off in the near future either since he is telling me in confidence that he is turning in his resignation next week. In his absence and until we have a replacement, I have to do his and my own job. No saying how long that would be but he said I could probabely not be able to take my vacation in late September because of that. How many of you works for a jerk who thinks he is God sent? First he lies to me saying he has not accepted the offer yet, making it look like they are desperate to get him but he hasn't confirmed. The day before I had heard that the new place he is going to has hired a director already, so after knowing he was going there, I knew he had actually accepted the offer at least several days ago. Now, why would you lie about a thing like that?

Then, he tells me he is only giving a two weeks notice but immediately adds he wouldn't do that if he were me since I am a manager! What the **** does that even mean? I was so tired of his games, I let that go unanswered as well. I should be actually glad he is leaving but I was planning on applying there as a regular staff, so I can do some personal business on the side since as a manager I never have time to do so. Now that he is going there, there is no way I will apply.

Last week, one of my sons contracted mono. It is the most devestating sickness a teenager can go through. He couldn't even breath. I force fed him some ice cream every day and after 4 days finally got some Medrol Dospak for him and it wasn't until he was on that that he could actually leave his bed and take a shower and his fever/shivering stopped.

I am probably heavier than three weeks ago but don't care. Sorry to bring sadness to every ones' celebration of their weight loss and victories.
Take care.

TX: I am so sorry to hear that your Mom passed, I know what it is like, my Mom has been gone for 16 years and I still miss her. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
My DD also had mono when she was a teen and although one whole summer she didn't do too much she recovered and is now a beautiful woman and my best friend!
Sounds like your boss is being a real jerk, especially at this point in your life, maybe things will be a lot better once he is GONE!!! Hang in there..take one day at a time and things will get better. HUGS:hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 3362698)
Hi. I spend a month or two in Germany each year. I think your wise to try to stick with Phase 1. But just in case you have to eat out or are invited to someone's home, beware the SALT, particularly in restaurants, and most especially in Indian food. I hope you have a [B]great time, and I hope the weather stays warm and sunny -- no volcanic overcast. 89F in Berlin today.

Thanks Linden...I got all my food to take with me yesterday, now only have one dilemma where do I put my clothes!!!! LOL My DH will have a bird when he sees my suitcase.;) We are staying at DH cousins and I know how they eat, LOTS of processed meats, cheese and different breads...So it will be a challenge, but I am up for it!!!:kickbutt::dust:

shrinkingsusie 06-29-2010 10:39 AM

Yay! Just got back from ym second weigh-in... 5.8!!! That's a total of 13.2! I'm so happy! :D

TaylorMayde 06-29-2010 11:02 AM

Physically I'm feeling much better today :carrot:
Emotionally not so much. My dad called this morning to tell me my little brother was admitted to the hospital late last night. He has meningitis. The worst part is they were on vacation, and he's in the hospital in Missouri, so it's about a 7 hour trip. I'm about to go anyway. I'm hoping my diet can hold tight through this :( He's only 16, so please keep him in your prayers.

doxigirl 06-29-2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaylorMayde (Post 3363089)
Physically I'm feeling much better today :carrot:
Emotionally not so much. My dad called this morning to tell me my little brother was admitted to the hospital late last night. He has meningitis. The worst part is they were on vacation, and he's in the hospital in Missouri, so it's about a 7 hour trip. I'm about to go anyway. I'm hoping my diet can hold tight through this :( He's only 16, so please keep him in your prayers.

Will do. Have a safe trip.

mamaerinb 06-29-2010 11:31 AM

just realized something weird last night...haven't seen TOM in probably close to 3 weeks. this is strange as once i started ip, i was rarely off my period.

anyone else see their periods slowly go from crazy and out of whack to "normal" again.

honestly just wondering i need to go get a pregnancy test today while at the store...on birth control but as DK has mentioned so many times, there are cases of ip babies.

agh!:yikes:

WyoSun 06-29-2010 11:34 AM

WOW, I haven't been on in a while. I hardly know the people posting here. That's great that we have so many newbies. Maybe the "oldies" have lost their weight and moved on. That would be wonderful. I have been so busy I just can't find the time to be at the computer. Too nice outside, too. Anyway, I finally made it to the 150's.!!! That is according to my scale. I weigh in officially tomorrow, so we'll see where I'm at on their scale. At 150 I will go to phase II. I can't believe I'm so close. It seemed impossible in Feb. To all you newbies....keep up the good work, it is worth it. There are really hard days and then there are easy ones. Just get through the parties, weddings, etc. and you will be so proud. Keep remembering that eating that cookie will set you back and it really doesn't taste that good anyway. I cheated a few times along the way and I can tell you it just wasn't worth it. The item didn't taste as good as I would have felt losing a couple more pounds for the week. Congrats to everyone.

WannabeIP 06-29-2010 11:46 AM

Doxigirl I love the cost per pound idea- I never kept track of what I have spent so far..... but girl your priceless!!!!!
Taylor first 4 days are rough forsure, I found the first 2 weeks not so great but after that fantastic!!!!
RedMonkey I think your are doing great... almost 30 pounds in 4 months.. whoot whhoooo, go grab a 30 pound sack of pototoes next time your at the store carry it around, it will make you feel so much better once you put it down. Everyone is so different on how they lose, muscle does weigh more than fat so you can easily lose inches and have the weight stay the same, I weigh more now than before but am a smaller clothing size. I have also lost slower than most but I am still losing (better than going up), so I am on the right track just not the fastest car, slow and steady wins the race!!!! Keep going you will get there!

WannabeIP 06-29-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3363150)
just realized something weird last night...haven't seen TOM in probably close to 3 weeks. this is strange as once i started ip, i was rarely off my period.

anyone else see their periods slowly go from crazy and out of whack to "normal" again.

honestly just wondering i need to go get a pregnancy test today while at the store...on birth control but as DK has mentioned so many times, there are cases of ip babies.

Funny thing I was thinking of that this morning... I just put in my 4 week WI for the challenge and I havent had my TOM since before the challenge????? Huuuhhhhhmmm.... maybe I will have to stop at the drug store also, let me know how that goes.....

mepeterson 06-29-2010 11:52 AM

Good morning everyone.
TX sorry to hear of your mom and your job and son. Keep your head up!
Congrats to everyone on their losses this week.
Taylor, I will be thinking of you and your family.
RedMonkey, hang in there. I know we all focus on the weight but it is just a number. If you are loosing inches you are doing just fine.

mepeterson 06-29-2010 11:53 AM

Erin and Wannabe:
Best of luck to you!

pitakitten 06-29-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3363150)

don't worry. I have had 3 periods so far while on IP. First one started early and went forever, second was normal but very small, third (which I am on now) started a week early (again) and is going on forever. I do NOT want to say stuff that is not true BUT I lose weight during the times that its wacky, for whatever reason.

mepeterson 06-29-2010 12:23 PM

pita,
I have found that to be true as well. Some of my best weeks were when my TOM was all screwed up.