Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #391  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Just a quick bump on the head for me today... yesterday was the last day of Lindora's 30% off sale. Today they started the "free shipping" on orders over $75. For my order the "free shipping" method is $29 more expensive! I can't believe that I didn't finish the purchase yesterday and save the $$$. I had selected 12 boxes, thinking that would be good for one month, and it was $121, but now today with free shipping it is $150.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #392  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Just a quick bump on the head for me today... yesterday was the last day of Lindora's 30% off sale. Today they started the "free shipping" on orders over $75. For my order the "free shipping" method is $29 more expensive! I can't believe that I didn't finish the purchase yesterday and save the $$$. I had selected 12 boxes, thinking that would be good for one month, and it was $121, but now today with free shipping it is $150.
If you can wait long enough, you can probably get 20-30% off plus free shipping. They seem to always come out with the cheapest rate right after I've placed my order.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 355/329/125

Thanks for the reality check, Rocky Monarch! Members posted some really great tips on how to fine tune the program, too. I didn't realize it was important to actually eat the oil, I thought it was just an option for the salads. Also, for me, the .5 oz water per pound doubles the recommended intake and that would explain why I am consistently under-hydrated at weigh-ins. I barely manage the 10 cups the program requires! I also did not know we were shooting for a specific net carb ceiling. Is there a ceiling for fat grams, as well? Thanks for the tips. I'm so glad I found this group!
Old 07-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #394  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Hi All Happy 4th
Old 07-03-2010, 03:37 PM   #395  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgrrl View Post
I also did not know we were shooting for a specific net carb ceiling. Is there a ceiling for fat grams, as well? Thanks for the tips. I'm so glad I found this group!
I've never heard a specific fat gram guideline, but...your total calorie intake for the day is meant to be at about 800-900 total. So once you subtract your 3 IP packets (100 calories each) and your evening whole protein (somewhere between 300 and 500) and your required oil, there is not much wiggle room to add any fatty foods.

There has been a lot of discussion on here about how much oil you are meant to get and some coaches say 2 teaspoons, some say 2 tablespoons--a pretty big difference! I think most of us try to stay somewhere in-between since 2t seems to exacerbate the big C and 2T seems like a lot of calories.

I will sometimes get to dinner and realize I've not had any oil that day, so I will make a salad and add in 2-3 olives which my coach said was ok. But it's better if you can have some at lunch (salad dressing, or otherwise) as it will help keep you feeling full.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #396  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Kelsey: It's ironic because it was your post that made me go order some Lindora for the first time yesterday. I think I can sprinkle it in and save some money, so thank you, and sorry ... The program is expensive & this may help -- although I rationalize it by saying I'm not eating out like I used to (am not) and one meal out equals one box of packets. Not to mention the near fortune I'm saving not buying or consuming alcohol.

I did order some with 7g of carbs total, but thought I'd do IP 3 gram carb packets 2x per day and one Lindora. I coach ASSURES me that it doesn't matter, if it's not restricted I can have it, but I just don't buy it. I loose more weight if I watch it carefully. Call me crazy, and maybe it's all in my head, but if I have the 7g carb chocolate drink more often I lose less. (My fav, by the way, but I had the Pina Colo drink for the first time this morning and LOVE it)

I now officially have will power of steel. Went to a new diner with a friend this morning and had water, there were things I could have eaten if I hadn't already had a packet, but I didn't really want anything. I want to get to the 150's this week, and it'll take a 3 pound loss.

OH and NSV for the day: Bought a shirt at H&M in seattle when I was there 3 weeks ago that was a tad bit snug, thinking I'd wear it under stuff until it looked REALLY good....well, it looks REALLY good and I'm wearing it today all by itself. First time in my life I've ever bought something that needed me to lose a little weight and I actually DID it. Woot!

Last edited by JessicaCourez; 07-03-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #397  

S/C/G: 297.8/287.9/170

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
It sounds to me as though you were put on the same first two week plan as I was, e.g., one restricted item every day for the first 14. I lost 11 pounds through day 12; then started to gain (on fewer than 800 calories a day!!), and at my weigh-in on day 15 I'd gained back over 3 pounds. That's not acceptable in my book and, since I'm now following the advice here, I'm losing again. Get rid of the restricted items for at least a couple of weeks; ideally drink .5 oz of water for every pound you weigh [it's worth the effort]; eat at least 4 C of high fiber vegetables, and eat lovely, big salads. Romaine is the most nutrient-rich and available of the lettuces.

Sure hope this helps and WELCOME.
Yes!!! This is exactly what I was told...that one restricted per day was okay. Thanks for the advice. I'm glad I'm only in week two and will make the necessary changes asap. What kind of high fiber vegetables are you eating...seems like every night I'm having broccoli or cauliflower.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:39 PM   #398  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

love it! i am with parents and my Mom can't help but tell me how wonderful the strawberries are this year or how great the peaches she has on the coffee table are. This is just so nice

having tea with air currently.

although since am in phase II, had lunch with them, was the first day. I had 3 little chicken drum sticks, spinach and lettuce. I am sure the chicken legs were not prepared with olive oil but that is o.k. Going for a walk in a bit so I should be fine.

SoCalKayKAy

I was told the same thing so for the first week I was enjoying the bars etc, then I joined this group and realized that I should not. Was pretty upset but you know in the long run, I don't think it made much difference.

Last edited by pitakitten; 07-03-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:41 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
that is a bummer

well thanks for telling us know though cause because of you I bought from them for the first time. Only shakes, just to see.

Last edited by pitakitten; 07-04-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #400  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
There has been a lot of discussion on here about how much oil you are meant to get and some coaches say 2 teaspoons, some say 2 tablespoons--a pretty big difference! I think most of us try to stay somewhere in-between since 2t seems to exacerbate the big C and 2T seems like a lot of calories.
I personally use two tablespoons every day. I either cook with it or put it in my salad. Sometimes I split it between the two. I use alot of garlic olive oil. That is what keeps me interested in my food. It may have slowed my weight loss a little, but I think I have been doing okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
I now officially have will power of steel. Went to a new diner with a friend this morning and had water, there were things I could have eaten if I hadn't already had a packet, but I didn't really want anything. I want to get to the 150's this week, and it'll take a 3 pound loss.

OH and NSV for the day: Bought a shirt at H&M in seattle when I was there 3 weeks ago that was a tad bit snug, thinking I'd wear it under stuff until it looked REALLY good....well, it looks REALLY good and I'm wearing it today all by itself. First time in my life I've ever bought something that needed me to lose a little weight and I actually DID it. Woot!
Great job on the nerves of steel. I feel like I am getting that way too. Although if I am hungry, the steel starts to weaken!

That is so awesome about the shirt. I can't even count how many times I have bought something on the clearance rack that was too small with the intention of losing weight. The items always end up in the goodwill bag at some point. Thanks for breaking that cycle for all of us!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:40 PM   #401  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
Have I mentioned how much I love IP lately?

Tomorrow is my 45th birthday. I bought an (inexpensive) outfit today that I actually like. It is just capris and a top, but it is capris and a top that I like. Way more fun than just buying anything that fits whether you like it or not.

My sisters are taking me for a birthday pedicure in the morning. I am really looking forward to a great day.

:

Old 07-04-2010, 12:41 AM   #402  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:
Have I mentioned how much I love IP lately?

Tomorrow is my 45th birthday. I bought an (inexpensive) outfit today that I actually like. It is just capris and a top, but it is capris and a top that I like. Way more fun than just buying anything that fits whether you like it or not.

My sisters are taking me for a birthday pedicure in the morning. I am really looking forward to a great day.

I think the most amazing thing to me is that I am only 15 pounds in to my journey with IP. This is going to get so much better and I am actually going to enjoy shopping again. Not only shopping but getting dressed and truly feeling good about myself. I love IP and I love this forum. Like many other members here, I really need you all to make it through this journey.

Thanks to everyone and I am certain we are all truly blessed and headed for success!

Here's to a Happy and safe 4th of July
Hope you enjoyed your Birthday Pedi!!!
Old 07-04-2010, 05:30 AM   #403  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKayKAy View Post
Yes!!! This is exactly what I was told...that one restricted per day was okay. Thanks for the advice. I'm glad I'm only in week two and will make the necessary changes asap. What kind of high fiber vegetables are you eating...seems like every night I'm having broccoli or cauliflower.

Ideally, I look for vegetables that have a ration of 2 carbs to .75 - 1 gram of fiber, but they're fairly scarce on the ground. 207 gr of asparagus have 8.03 carbs and 4.3 grams fiber; 3.2 oz of spinach has 3.3 gr carb, 2 gram fiber (wonderful ratio). Cauliflower about the same: 124 grams (2 cups) equals 5.1 carbs, 2.9 fiber. All veg weights are before cooking.

165 grams of Nappa or Chinese cabbage has 5.3 carbs and 2 grams of fiber; Savoy is similar, but hard to get here. (I prefer island-grown organic when I can get it.)

All cabbages, except red, are good because they're so low in carbohydrates to begin with and they're great either cooked or raw, and filling. (Savoy and red are the tastiest, and red isn't out of the question.) Fennel, cucumber and crimini mushrooms are also worth looking at.

I guess my strongest recommendation would be Romaine lettuce for salad: 4 cups, about 188 grams, has 6.18 grams of carbs and 4 grams of fiber, and it tastes good, especially with lemon juice and ground, dry mint. Sure hope this helps.

N.b. If you want to check out your own choices, please go to this website -- it's the one all the derivative sites are based on and much richer in detail than anywhere else. http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

Bon appetit.

Last edited by Linden; 07-04-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:33 AM   #404  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I had a great day. The pedi with my sisters is always fun.

We usually follow the pedi up with lunch. This time I made the appointments for 9:00AM and opted out of lunch. One sister understood, but the other was disappointed. You see, we are all overweight and we tend to be enablers when we are together. I just knew that lunch would lead to birthday desert and I was not strong enough to resist the sister bond.

I guess this is a perfect example of the changes we need to make. I think this decision to change a tradition in order to stick to my plan made an impression. After I lose more weight I will have to go out with them and stick to my guns. Maybe I can break a life cycle of the three of us enabling each other to make bad food decisions. Anyway... I did not mean to ramble this morning.

Good luck and best wishes to my fellow IP'ers today!

I almost forgot... my father and grandparents took me out to dinner last night. This is the first time I have eaten out since I started IP. I was a little nervous, but our waiter was awesome. I got a steak with no butter and they gave me a double order of broccoli that was steamed without butter. The waiter actually had to go ask the cook if they would do that for me. My husband was looking at me like I was crazy. I guess he will have to get used to that too. It's a new life!

Last edited by doxigirl; 07-04-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:57 AM   #405  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
If you can wait long enough, you can probably get 20-30% off plus free shipping. They seem to always come out with the cheapest rate right after I've placed my order.
Not sure if I can wait... I've looked over what I have it looks like I'm good for about 2 weeks. I've decided moving forward that I will always cut the bars in half and have half today and the other half tomorrow. On days when I do this, I will have something very high in protein and low in carbs (like pudding) at night so I'm keeping a good balance and not shorting myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Kelsey: It's ironic because it was your post that made me go order some Lindora for the first time yesterday.

I did order some with 7g of carbs total, but thought I'd do IP 3 gram carb packets 2x per day and one Lindora. I coach ASSURES me that it doesn't matter, if it's not restricted I can have it, but I just don't buy it. I loose more weight if I watch it carefully. Call me crazy, and maybe it's all in my head, but if I have the 7g carb chocolate drink more often I lose less. (My fav, by the way, but I had the Pina Colo drink for the first time this morning and LOVE it)

I now officially have will power of steel.

OH and NSV for the day: Bought a shirt Woot!
WOW! 1st of all, I started "sprinkling" in Lindora over a month ago. It didn't take me long to figure out that I liked saving $$$. 2nd I do have the drinks all the time, I hope it's not slowing me down... CW had 2 a day for her losses and she did AMAZING!!! 3rd - doesn't it feel great when you're able to stick your plan when you're out with others? I eat out 3 -4 times a week for lunch with my work friends, and I always stick to the plan. 4th - Awesome NSV!!!! Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I had a great day. The pedi with my sisters is always fun.

I guess this is a perfect example of the changes we need to make. I think this decision to change a tradition in order to stick to my plan made an impression. After I lose more weight I will have to go out with them and stick to my guns. Maybe I can break a life cycle of the three of us enabling each other to make bad food decisions. Anyway... I did not mean to ramble this morning.

Good luck and best wishes to my fellow IP'ers today!
Very proud of you for altering your tradition. It's toughest to do with the ones that you're closest too. Great job! I'm so glad you had your birthday and did NOT let it alter your plan. WTG! Doxi, I do that every time I eat out... I love Logan's Roadhouse Grill because they have a "Health Nut" section, and I don't have to ask for it "dry" but everywhere else I do exactly what you did... meat no butter/sauces, double broc dry, salad hold everything, bring me Oil & Vinegar on the side (I don't use the vinegar) I have my sea salt and a little mrs dash mixture that put together in one of my empty sea salt bottles, so I pull it out of my purse and sprinkle it on my salad and that's how I eat out.

__________________________________________________ ________

Veggie of the day!!! I didn't love zucchini. However, I have now started doing MY OWN WAY, and LOVE LOVE LOVE it . Using the mandolin, I slice it as small as the mandolin goes (very small - like 1/16" of an inch - you can almost see through it), and 1 medium zucchini makes 2 cups almost perfectly, but I still measure, anway, I toss my EVOO in the frying pan, put the zuc in the pan, sprinkle the Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb, sea salt and dash of pepper, cook it until it's starting to get crunchy with little brown bits, and then eat it - YUMMY!!! I love it. Hope you try it, and love it too.

Last edited by Kelsey; 07-04-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Closed Thread