Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #376  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Getting ready to wrap up the "20 lbs by Labor Day" challenge weigh in day! It's been very exciting. Last call...
Old 07-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #377  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Have I mentioned how much I love IP lately?

Tomorrow is my 45th birthday. I bought an (inexpensive) outfit today that I actually like. It is just capris and a top, but it is capris and a top that I like. Way more fun than just buying anything that fits whether you like it or not.

My sisters are taking me for a birthday pedicure in the morning. I am really looking forward to a great day.

I think the most amazing thing to me is that I am only 15 pounds in to my journey with IP. This is going to get so much better and I am actually going to enjoy shopping again. Not only shopping but getting dressed and truly feeling good about myself. I love IP and I love this forum. Like many other members here, I really need you all to make it through this journey.

Thanks to everyone and I am certain we are all truly blessed and headed for success!

Here's to a Happy and safe 4th of July
Old 07-02-2010, 09:37 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post

Tomorrow is my 45th birthday. I bought an (inexpensive) outfit today that I actually like. It is just capris and a top, but it is capris and a top that I like. Way more fun than just buying anything that fits whether you like it or not.

My sisters are taking me for a birthday pedicure in the morning. I am really looking forward to a great day.

I think the most amazing thing to me is that I am only 15 pounds in to my journey with IP. This is going to get so much better and I am actually going to enjoy shopping again. Not only shopping but getting dressed and truly feeling good about myself. I love IP and I love this forum. Like many other members here, I really need you all to make it through this journey.

Thanks to everyone and I am certain we are all truly blessed and headed for success!

yays! that is so sweet and heartwarming to read. I know exactly what you mean about buying something that you actually liked and not something that just fit and hid the parts. I so far have been scared to go shopping in case I get disappointed, but I keep trying my stuff from years back. Today though I tried on the pants that I had ordered and being worried, but they fit!!!! well they fit like a glove as in looks like they were painted on me BUT I LOVE IT! I

yays to pedicures too!

Happy Birthday!
Old 07-02-2010, 09:47 PM   #379  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
yays! that is so sweet and heartwarming to read. I know exactly what you mean about buying something that you actually liked and not something that just fit and hid the parts. I so far have been scared to go shopping in case I get disappointed, but I keep trying my stuff from years back. Today though I tried on the pants that I had ordered and being worried, but they fit!!!! well they fit like a glove as in looks like they were painted on me BUT I LOVE IT! I

yays to pedicures too!

Happy Birthday!
The best thing is they may fit like a glove today, but next week they will be just right! I bought mine a little snug too. I stood in the dressing room and thought, "Hey, next week they'll be perfect". How awesome is that?!!
Old 07-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #380  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKayKAy View Post
Hello Everyone! I'm new here...only on my second week of IP and I feel a little sad since I only lost 3.6 pounds the first week. It seems like everyone else's numbers for the first week were so much higher. Any advice for something I may be doing wrong?
Quote:
today I had...
breakfast: IP choc. drink
lunch: IP stew w/ 1 cup veggies and small salad
dinner: (going to have) turkey burger wrapped in lettuce with 2 cups stir fry veggies
I was not allowed the restricted items until after week two and I know for some they had to wait longer than that. I went as long as I could without the restricted. Last week was my worst week so far so I did break down and get the cookies and cream bars. Did you have any of the restricted items the first week? Did you get all your water/oil/salt in? I know for me I loose big every other week so you might be surprised this weigh in
Hope this helps a little Really 3.6 pounds is great........I think it says we should expect 3 to 6.

Sheila
Old 07-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #381  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
today I had...
dinner: (going to have) turkey burger wrapped in lettuce with 2 cups stir fry veggies
you may want to cut back restriced packs, especially the occasional restriceds like stew and spaghetti till you've gotten closer to goal.

make sure you get 4 full cups of veggies in per day too, they help keep you "regular" if you know what i mean and get rid of built up waste and fat in your body.

also, make sure to get ALL of your water in every day along with all of your oil and salt. some people need more salt and fat so maybe bump up the oil to1 Tbsp per day and the salt up to 1tsp, see if that makes a difference next week. also make sure you eat all 3 packets per day, the fruity drinks and puddings are the lowest in carbs, if you're especially carb sensitive-the chocolate drink is 7 carbs per packet and can stall weight loss if you're doing 3 higher carb packts plus higher carb veggies. what veggies do you tend to stick with? i really recommend fitday.com to check your calories/fat/carbs.protein per day to make sure it's under 30 net carbs.

net carbs are the total carbs grams minus the fiber grams

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-02-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #382  

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post

what a sweet post
Old 07-02-2010, 10:58 PM   #383  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Mama & Pita.... I am also with ya... I was gonna move to Phase 2 tuesday.... horray for IP I havent felt this good in along time.
I had asked about the pam... I went out and bought 2 of those pump things for oil, hubby likes olive I like grapeseed.. boy gets whatever we grab... hee hee. I am also trying to make changes in what I bring into the house, I like some of the ideas mentioned, ceramic, no plastics, I get organic meats, I try to stick to the outside of the grocery store, go to the local markets and I am 37.
Next year I want to have my own little greenhouse and garden so I can grow my own but as I have 2 brown thumbs I may have to get my mama involved she has green thumbs fingers and toes... maybe it will rub off.... eemmmeeehh she likes to come over anyway. Speaking of which I better get going I do have to hit the supermarket before it closes...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOXI,
HAPPY ANNIVERSAY XANTHIA
So many successes, Emma -6.8 week 5 you rock that is super... and to everyone else a big horraaayyy and a happy day..
Welcome all newcomers your gonna love this site..

Last edited by WannabeIP; 07-02-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:52 PM   #384  

wannabe

i think the 120's are totally a reason to move to phase 2, i wish i could be there someday, just don't think i could make it. well, maybe in a year and i honestly can't afford it, you're doing so amazing. i myself, am extremely proud of you!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:00 AM   #385  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgrrl View Post
Hi all! I started the IP program on May 30th. I had lost 25 pounds by my fourth weigh-in. Dulcinea
Dulcinea, unless this is a typo, I think 25 pounds in 4 weeks is amazing! As other people who have been on the program a long time with a lot to lose have reported, the average weight loss is about 3-3.5 pounds a week. So you are way ahead of the curve. Congrats!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:56 AM   #386  

Rhubarb-alicious! So I had some fun with rhubarb earlier this week. Took 4 cups of rhubarb, microwaved for approx 7-8 minutes (stirred once or twice), added one packet of stevia and then separated the mixture in two. First helping (pre-heated equalling 2 cups) went into the blender with IP vanilla pudding mix, 1 tbsp Walden Farms Strawberry Fruit Spread, water and ice...yummy creamy berry-flavoured "milk"shake...decadent lunch! Had the second helping for after-dinner dessert mixed with 1 tbsp WF Strawberry Fruit Spread and 1 tbsp WF Marshmallow Dip...yummy goodness just like strawberry-rhubarb pie filling!!

Also made the IP chocolate muffin packet this week into 2 mini cupcakes and frosted them with a dollop of WF Marshmallow Dip...heavenly!

Last edited by Sweetstina; 07-03-2010 at 02:00 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:59 AM   #387  

S/C/G: 297.8/287.9/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
I was not allowed the restricted items until after week two and I know for some they had to wait longer than that. I went as long as I could without the restricted. Last week was my worst week so far so I did break down and get the cookies and cream bars. Did you have any of the restricted items the first week? Did you get all your water/oil/salt in? I know for me I loose big every other week so you might be surprised this weigh in
Hope this helps a little Really 3.6 pounds is great........I think it says we should expect 3 to 6.

Sheila
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
you may want to cut back restriced packs, especially the occasional restriceds like stew and spaghetti till you've gotten closer to goal.

make sure you get 4 full cups of veggies in per day too, they help keep you "regular" if you know what i mean and get rid of built up waste and fat in your body.

also, make sure to get ALL of your water in every day along with all of your oil and salt. some people need more salt and fat so maybe bump up the oil to1 Tbsp per day and the salt up to 1tsp, see if that makes a difference next week. also make sure you eat all 3 packets per day, the fruity drinks and puddings are the lowest in carbs, if you're especially carb sensitive-the chocolate drink is 7 carbs per packet and can stall weight loss if you're doing 3 higher carb packts plus higher carb veggies. what veggies do you tend to stick with? i really recommend fitday.com to check your calories/fat/carbs.protein per day to make sure it's under 30 net carbs.

net carbs are the total carbs grams minus the fiber grams
Wow! Thanks for the information. I think it may be the restricted packets that have caused my low numbers. AND I am having a hard time fitting in ALL the veggies. Next week I will try to stay away from restricted packets and see if that makes a difference. Thanks!
Old 07-03-2010, 03:31 AM   #388  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocola View Post
Hmm..did it work?Attachment 35806
It worked? Boy, did you work!

Last edited by Linden; 07-04-2010 at 05:47 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:21 AM   #389  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
today I had...
It sounds to me as though you were put on the same first two week plan as I was, e.g., one restricted item every day for the first 14. I lost 11 pounds through day 12; then started to gain (on fewer than 800 calories a day!!), and at my weigh-in on day 15 I'd gained back over 3 pounds. That's not acceptable in my book and, since I'm now following the advice here, I'm losing again. Get rid of the restricted items for at least a couple of weeks; ideally drink .5 oz of water for every pound you weigh [it's worth the effort]; eat at least 4 C of high fiber vegetables, and eat lovely, big salads. Romaine is the most nutrient-rich and available of the lettuces.

Sure hope this helps and WELCOME.

Last edited by Linden; 07-03-2010 at 04:29 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #390  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Height: 5'2"

Congrats to all your successes this week! Always an inspiration!

I used to think JC was simple, because I just took a frozen entree to work. But IP is great - I'm not into a lot of fuss in the morning, and sometimes I teach crochet or knitting after work. So last week I took a carton of fresh mushrooms to work, and for lunch I sliced them in the lunchroom and added to IP chicken soup (I don't care for the mushroom). Then microwaved a bit. Fine for me! Sometimes I had shirataki noodles, or brussel sprouts.

Sometimes I go to Chinese buffet takeout and get lettuce, baked fish, pickled ginger, a little seaweed salad, a couple shrimp, bean spouts and other veggies. It's $3.95 a pound, so it's a good deal, lunch for $4 or less.

Grab a shake on my way to my evening gig and I'm off.

Really the diet hasn't affected my social life, because I can always figure out something to eat out. Just eat the protein, and instead of fries I asked for a sliced tomato which most restaurants will do.

The main thing about this path is that I don't feel deprived because I'm not so hungry! Found out that carbs = hunger!! You'd think I would have figured this out earlier in my life!! If had have one WW snack cake, I can eat the whole box, low points or not!!

-------------Consecutive posts merged by Moderator ---------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
somebody posted this a few weeks ago and for those who are concerned about what is in the whey products you may want to check it out the company called Tera's Whey; organic and hormone free whey products
Thanks for info! I'm thinking that hormone-free does not mean toxic metal free. Because cadmium comes from the soil and is incorporated in grass, cows will have a dietary source of metals that will translate to the milk. What else they don't feed the cows doesn't have an impact, since trace metals are found naturally, or introduced into our environment and endure many years.

I'm still reflecting on how much whey protein one can safely eat daily and for how long. Not sure...
Closed Thread