3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Chat week of June 28-July4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/205770-ideal-protein-chat-week-june-28-july4.html)

brocola 07-02-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlewis88 (Post 3367773)
It worked!!

You look great. I got a chuckle out of the first picture though. It look like you had a brownie or piece of cake on a plate. Either that or I'm hallucinating because someone brought cup cakes into the office this morning and was nice enough to leave one on my desk. Wasn't meant to be mean just didn't know I couldn't have it.

Yes, my plate is filled w goodies in the before picture :( Believe it or not I now get alot of grief from co-workers when I don't join them in piggin out!

Journeysend 07-02-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brocola (Post 3367662)
Hmm..did it work?Attachment 35806

Brocola: Your before and after pics are great!!! Keep up the good work. Hmmm maybe i should post some too, hee hee!!!:hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordash (Post 3367786)
Week 4 down - 20 pounds lighter and an average blood sugar of 100 ml/dl. It is incredible! This last week when I'd weigh at home I'd be down3 pounds, until I got dressed :( I'd been sticking to program so hard. Seeing how much weight others had lost, who started near my weight and how fast - 4-6 months, I gritted my teeth and kept going. Now I'm even more committed to sticking with it. It is your stories and ideas that have helped. THANKS!

Jordash: Great job!!! 20 lbs down is incredible, keep on keepin' on!! AND your blood sugar down that's even better, eh!!!:hug::)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3367789)
good news and bad news today:

WI #10= 167!!:cheer:

bad news is that my coach thinks that i should not go any lower than 160 and that she "doesn't want me to get all anorexic" on her. hubby agrees that he doesn't think it's a good idea so i will most likely being going into phase 2 next friday :)

ellie, you are not alone anymore!

Mamaerinb: Sorry you're not joining us in the 20lb challenge :^: but hey great news that you are so close to your healthy you!!!:hug::)

LoveMySofa 07-02-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie (Post 3367235)
Does anybody know anything about evaporated cane juice?.. I was examining the ingredients in the new Crystal Light Pure Fitness drink mix, & at first, I was excited because I saw it's sweetened with stevia, then I noticed the first ingredient is evaporated cane juice... googling resulted in conflicting stories... some say it won't cause a sugar high... some say it's sucrose, just like refined sugar, & will spike your insulin the same way... which is right?.. I'm steering clear of the stuff 'til I get the real story...

hugs :hug:

Evaporated cane juice is ... SUGAR! Pure and simple. I don't know about sugar highs, but it is caloric, and has carbohydrates, both no-no's.
One thing I'll say about Crystal Light Pure Fitness is that I will let my kids have it. I won't allow them to have anything with artificial sweeteners.

brocola 07-02-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveMySofa (Post 3367834)
Evaporated cane juice is ... SUGAR! Pure and simple. I don't know about sugar highs, but it is caloric, and has carbohydrates, both no-no's.
One thing I'll say about Crystal Light Pure Fitness is that I will let my kids have it. I won't allow them to have anything with artificial sweeteners.

It's in all the 'Organic' Foods, is it no better than reg sugar?

mepeterson 07-02-2010 11:32 AM

So I had purchased some things from Lindora and one of them was the cheesecake. It is really yummy. I have had it almost every night this week. I got on the scale this morning and have only lost one pound. I thought well..... I am still in Ketosis (I keep checking) and am following the plan like I am supposed to (with alternative products) so how could i only loose one pound this whole week. Well..... then I thought I am going to check the box one more time. It has 8 carbs (one more carb than the chocholate powder drink I use the whole time i did IP) but.... I saw it also has like 6 or 8 grams of sugar. WHOOOPS!! guess that has to just be a special treat now.

LoveMySofa 07-02-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brocola (Post 3367876)
It's in all the 'Organic' Foods, is it no better than reg sugar?

It pretty much is regular sugar! I think it's just not as refined. I'm not exactly sure how sugar is processed to get it to the familiar granular state. But, sugar is the juice from sugar cane. I think the 'evaporated' part just means they went about a more natural way of getting it. I also think it 'sounds' more 'natural'. Maybe 'evaporated cane juice' is just a euphemistic code for the organic version of sugar. That is, if you're searching for organic products, you'll know that it hasn't been chemically processed or treated when you see the words 'evaporated cane juice'. However, you should also know that it's not low-cal or sugar-free, or anything like that. But granular sugar and evaporated cane juice all come from the same place (unlike sucralose, which is a different story!)

Kelsey 07-02-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepeterson (Post 3367888)
So I had purchased some things from Lindora and one of them was the cheesecake. It is really yummy. I have had it almost every night this week. I got on the scale this morning and have only lost one pound. I thought well..... I am still in Ketosis (I keep checking) and am following the plan like I am supposed to (with alternative products) so how could i only loose one pound this whole week. Well..... then I thought I am going to check the box one more time. It has 8 carbs (one more carb than the chocholate powder drink I use the whole time i did IP) but.... I saw it also has like 6 or 8 grams of sugar. WHOOOPS!! guess that has to just be a special treat now.

Melissa, I use the cheese as a "restricted" item as well. It's just too yummy to be a "non restricted" item! What else do you use from Lindora? (By the way Lindora is 30% off today is the last day)

pitakitten 07-02-2010 12:26 PM

token post so that my updated sig shows up.

-2.5 pounds this week. Moving on to phase II as of tomorrow.

pitakitten 07-02-2010 12:30 PM

do lindora shakes have sugar?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepeterson (Post 3367888)

I am about to order some lindora items (only ready to drink shakes) and I just can't see any indication of how much sugar they have based on what they have posted online. I looked and they haven't posted that for the cheesecake either.

here is my question: do the shake boxes also have sugar and just not listed on line? can someone clarify this before I pull the trigger.

Thank you.

nitenic 07-02-2010 12:35 PM

Yay Ellie!!! :carrot:

I'm thinking about ordering some vanilla drink boxes from Lindora too. Here's the ingredient list from the site:

Filtered water, protein blend (milk protein concentrate, whey protein concentrate, calcium caseinate), sunflower oil, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, inulin, natural and artificial flavor, sodium phosphate, DATEM (diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides), potassium phosphate, salt, carrageenan, colors (annatto, turmeric), sucralose and acesulfame-K (non nutritive sweeteners). May contain soy, eggs, wheat, and tree nuts.

Aunt Sheshie 07-02-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveMySofa (Post 3367834)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveMySofa (Post 3367899)
It pretty much is regular sugar! I think it's just not as refined. I'm not exactly sure how sugar is processed to get it to the familiar granular state. But, sugar is the juice from sugar cane. I think the 'evaporated' part just means they went about a more natural way of getting it. I also think it 'sounds' more 'natural'. Maybe 'evaporated cane juice' is just a euphemistic code for the organic version of sugar. That is, if you're searching for organic products, you'll know that it hasn't been chemically processed or treated when you see the words 'evaporated cane juice'. However, you should also know that it's not low-cal or sugar-free, or anything like that. But granular sugar and evaporated cane juice all come from the same place (unlike sucralose, which is a different story!)

Thanks a million!.. I was suspicious that this was the true story... well, I won't be trying it then, at least not now... plain ol' water is good enough...

hugs :hug:

mepeterson 07-02-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey (Post 3367957)
Melissa, I use the cheese as a "restricted" item as well. It's just too yummy to be a "non restricted" item! What else do you use from Lindora? (By the way Lindora is 30% off today is the last day)

I ordered some of the bars from them as well. I had ordered a bunch of stuff just to try but most of their stuff has aspertame. And I had ordered them when I was on IP before and starting to phase out. The peanut vanilla bars are the exact same as IP. what other products do you use?
I have not tried to many things from there. I use the eas advantage shakes as my substitute for IP since it is easy for me to get.

mepeterson 07-02-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3367989)
I am about to order some lindora items (only ready to drink shakes) and I just can't see any indication of how much sugar they have based on what they have posted online. I looked and they haven't posted that for the cheesecake either.

here is my question: do the shake boxes also have sugar and just not listed on line? can someone clarify this before I pull the trigger.

Thank you.

pitta
congrats on moving to phase 2. YIPPIE!!!
I have never used the shakes from Lindora but I do beleive that BevS maybe has used them and I think if I remember correctly they are almost the same as IP. I am not sure but I think Novak has used them as well. I may be lying to you but it just sounds right to me.

pitakitten 07-02-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitenic (Post 3367996)
Yay Ellie!!! :carrot:

I'm thinking about ordering some vanilla drink boxes from Lindora too. Here's the ingredient list from the site:

Filtered water, protein blend (milk protein concentrate, whey protein concentrate, calcium caseinate), sunflower oil, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, inulin, natural and artificial flavor, sodium phosphate, DATEM (diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides), potassium phosphate, salt, carrageenan, colors (annatto, turmeric), sucralose and acesulfame-K (non nutritive sweeteners). May contain soy, eggs, wheat, and tree nuts.

Thank you very much! :)

doing it now, so by the time my vacation is over I can give them a try and just switch over. You know I need to save money so can pay for new clothes and trainer now :)

am getting the vanilla, moccha ready to drink and one orange drink just to see.

brocola 07-02-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3368029)
Thank you very much! :)

doing it now, so by the time my vacation is over I can give them a try and just switch over. You know I need to save money so can pay for new clothes and trainer now :)

am getting the vanilla, moccha ready to drink and one orange drink just to see.

I have used them in place of IP, and never saw a gain because of it! Not to mention the box is almost identical!