3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Chat week of June 28-July4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/205770-ideal-protein-chat-week-june-28-july4.html)

doxigirl 07-01-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAB3319 (Post 3366388)
Ok I Have Been Reading Everyones Post On Here For A Long Time And This Is My First Post. I Have Added A Profile Picture Of Me And My Son. The First Side Is Us On Last Years Vacation And The Second Side Is Us On This Years Vacation. He Has Been On The Diet For 15 Wks And Has Lost 70 1/2 Pds And I Have Been On 14 Weeks And Lost 43 Pds. I Still Have About 20 More Pounds That I Want To Lose And Then Will Evaluate Where I Am Then And He Wants To Lose About 30 More. Thanks For All The Encouragement, Because That Is What Has Helped Us Get This Far!!!

Totally awesome!! Thanks for sharing. And what a handsome son. I am certain you just added many years to his life.

Journeysend 07-01-2010 10:36 PM

Yahoo!! I am posting this from my iPod touch. Will be able to keep in touch from Germany (if DH's cousin has wifi) !!!!

Aunt Sheshie 07-01-2010 10:51 PM

Does anybody know anything about evaporated cane juice?.. I was examining the ingredients in the new Crystal Light Pure Fitness drink mix, & at first, I was excited because I saw it's sweetened with stevia, then I noticed the first ingredient is evaporated cane juice... googling resulted in conflicting stories... some say it won't cause a sugar high... some say it's sucrose, just like refined sugar, & will spike your insulin the same way... which is right?.. I'm steering clear of the stuff 'til I get the real story...

hugs :hug:

pookee 07-01-2010 11:30 PM

WOW there are a lot of posts - I don't have enough time to read them all, but I do have something to say about....

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannabeIP (Post 3366165)
BevS ...I have a question about PAM, it has propane in it... I never looked at the nutritional info before eekkkkk.... we should probably be avoiding this right?

6 years ago, I threw out all non-stick pans (among other things) after I experienced "toxic overload shock". So, we now fry in one of the following ways:
- Stainless steel pan fry with oil or butter (pancakes with coconut oil, chicken with coconut oil... all wonderful!!)
- bought an expensive ceramic pan which is non-stick by nature. Mind you, you can't use nylon utensils on it or scrub it with plastic or nylon or you will scratch the ceramic coating off.

Hope that helps! Happy Canada Day!

TAB3319 07-01-2010 11:32 PM

Thanks everyone for all the great words about our weight loss so far. Will definitely keep everyone updated! Keep up the motivating post and good luck to everyone over the holiday weekend.

JessicaCourez 07-01-2010 11:50 PM

I have no idea what is wrong with me, but I'm absolutely STARVING today. It's really the first time on the diet I've had any hunger and its terrible. I just ate a hard boiled egg to try and make it subside and don't feel any better. I'm not going to cheat, but honestly, ugh. Just getting over TOM, but that shouldn't be it.

motiv8edmama 07-02-2010 12:28 AM

I read the EAS shakes in question are the Myoplex ones, not the AdvantEdge.

Honestly, my husband is a maintenance technician in a plant that manufactures for EAS. The plant is so sterile, I don't see all the products being contaminated. I know at his plant, the air is concentrated with peroxide and the machines go through sterilization, it is extremely clean as it has to be. I know on the bottoms of the packs are stamps and you can figure out what factories they are made at, so would be interesting to learn what four manufacturers are producing the tainted stuff.

pitakitten 07-02-2010 12:32 AM

my personal goal

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessicaCourez (Post 3367322)
I have no idea what is wrong with me, but I'm absolutely STARVING today. It's really the first time on the diet I've had any hunger and its terrible. I just ate a hard boiled egg to try and make it subside and don't feel any better. I'm not going to cheat, but honestly, ugh. Just getting over TOM, but that shouldn't be it.

believe it or not, I loose good portion of fat when I feel that way.

This woman here purchased another 24 training sessions which means he has my balls (if I had any) for the next 3 months. Soooo I was thinking that I'll set a goal for myself that by labor day, I will get myself to 127 by pumping iron and jogging :) yays and following IP phases after phase I.

must love and light to all who are trying to change things around.

JessicaCourez 07-02-2010 12:35 AM

Thanks, PitaKitten, makes me feel better. Maybe if I'm hungry all weekend I'll get to the 150's by my next WI.

dawn5419 07-02-2010 12:39 AM

Had my first NSV! My department had a Potluck and I volunteered to bring the veggies. Gave them a good, fattening dip and I brought my WF dressing. Someone brought a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake... OMG! My boss brought a piece to everyone and I declined. He got a little upset when I said I didn't want it and I said: "You don't understand, i WANT the cake, so GO AWAY!" :snooty:

I felt great knowing I didn't cheat w/ all the desserts & crap that was there! :woohoo:

Made the Baked Tilapia tonight, very good.

I want my tracker!:tantrum:

Congrats to everyone in their success, off to eat some pudding!

pitakitten 07-02-2010 01:37 AM

In bed and freaking out about my weigh in tomorrow, what if I am not as low as I want :( I was 132 today but that was with gym clothes.

Stacey41 07-02-2010 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaylorMayde (Post 3366805)

My coach/boss told me she's going to start locking the door to the IP office when she's not here so I CAN'T wiegh myself. I'm addicted. I can't help it.

BTW, can someone tell me how to make the zuchinni pasta? i'd really like some sort of noodles with olive oil--which I've learned actually TASTES better than butter--and chicken. YUM :drool:

lol, I'm a scale hopper too. Sometimes that's bad thing because if I don't lose or gain a tad, I get depresses. But I can't help it!! :) I haven't tried zucchini noodles yet, so I can't help you there, but I can recommend shirataki noodles for your pasta fix

Kelsey 07-02-2010 07:35 AM

Okay fellow IPers, today is the day to start our new challenge: 20 lbs by Labor Day, so get your shrinking booties over there, if you haven't yet, and post your starting weight today!!! I'll post the start weight chart tomorrow so we can see where we're starting.

Vicjul 07-02-2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey (Post 3367509)
Okay fellow IPers, today is the day to start our new challenge: 20 lbs by Labor Day, so get your shrinking booties over there, if you haven't yet, and post your starting weight today!!! I'll post the start weight chart tomorrow so we can see where we're starting.

Thanks Again Kelsey, I have posted my weight on the new thread.

20 pounds by Labour Day WhooHoo:carrot:

BevS 07-02-2010 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motiv8edmama (Post 3367364)
I read the EAS shakes in question are the Myoplex ones, not the AdvantEdge.

Honestly, my husband is a maintenance technician in a plant that manufactures for EAS. The plant is so sterile, I don't see all the products being contaminated. I know at his plant, the air is concentrated with peroxide and the machines go through sterilization, it is extremely clean as it has to be. I know on the bottoms of the packs are stamps and you can figure out what factories they are made at, so would be interesting to learn what four manufacturers are producing the tainted stuff.

I'm assuming the problem is the source of the whey, not the U.S. manufacturers. I'm wondering if some of it is coming from China. They don't seem to care if we're all poisoned by cadmium, etc. It's in all the children's toys and play jewelry coming from over there.