Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleo View Post
Question: I am taking a train trip...and I was wondering how far in advance the Crepe Crackers would hold up...I was thinking of making them the night before we leave, and baggie them so that I will have them to eat as my snack on the trip.
Do you think they would be okay? I have only made any of the IP foods right before I was going to eat it...so didn't know far in advance items could be made.

Thanks!
Michelle
On Sunday nights, I always make up all my IP puddings and jello and put them in little containers in the fridge to be used for my lunches. I find these actually taste better after they've been sitting and chilling for quite a while. I haven't kept the crepe crackers for an extended period; however, I have premade the IP chocolate muffins and put them in the fridge for a few days. They turned out fine. As long as they are in an airtight container, I don't see why they wouldn't be good. I would let the crackers cool completely though before sealing the bag so that condensation doesn't form and make them mushy.

Last edited by Sweetstina; 06-28-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Yelliemom... WHOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Super happy for you! All your hard work has totally paid off. I hope you are getting yourself a wee little something for your awesomeness

Pita....look at you all tech savvy and starting threads again You are so close to goal! Atta girl

Sweetstina...yes, please post that recipe, I may give it a shot too!

Jlewis....I've said it before, I 'll say it again..you are a machine!

Journeysend....Germany! you lucky thing!! Have a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear about it when you come back!!!

r101...20lbs is great!!! You are absolutely right on to feel great about yourself... Congrats!

juliec...arghhh cravings...I was close to eating the entire fridge on Friday, parts and all. Talked my self through it (again, barely) and I am so glad today. Just think of those intense cravings as your bodies way of saying " if you ignore me, you will just lose a lot of weight this week!"....sigh, so much easier said than done...Good luck!

Lovesmysofa...Welcome! You have definitely come to the right place

Disco!!!...if I remember correctly.... did I see single digits???? YAYAYAY!!

OK!!! I am in the 140's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay just barely in, but who cares!!! I made the 10lbs challenge with a few days to spare, so who knows, I may even get another .5/1lb in! I feel incredible today! It is really is possible!

Last edited by Calgarygirlie; 06-28-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:35 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
OK!!! I am in the 140's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay just barely in, but who cares!!! I made the 10lbs challenge with a few days to spare, so who knows, I may even get another .5/1lb in! I feel incredible today! It is really is possible!
AWESOME CalgaryGirlie!!!!
So happy and excited for you...and even a little jealous too!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:39 PM   #19  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
On Sunday nights, I always make up my all my IP puddings and jello and put them in little containers in the fridge to be used for my lunches. I find these actually taste better after they've been sitting and chilling for quite a while. I haven't kept the crepe crackers for an extended period; however, I have premade the IP chocolate muffins and put them in the fridge for a few days. They turned out fine. As long as they are in an airtight container, I don't see why they wouldn't be good. I would let the crackers cool completely though before sealing the bag so that condensation doesn't form and make them mushy.
I heard that protein breaks down after awhile, and can be less effective because it loses quality so I did some hunting:

"Once you mix ANY of our* protein with water you create the environment to grow bacteria. Treat the drink exactly like you would treat milk. If you leave it out of the refrigerator it will start to grow microbials. I cannot give you a time line, but I recommend you keep it in the frig. Premixing does NOT degrade the protein either or effect it quality."

So I've been wrong all along and you can premix if you keep the bacteria at bay. Some of them separate quickly. Unless it has Cassien, then it goes solid and icky. I was told that IP was in individual packets to avoid protein breakdown in a larger container, but if it doesn't degrade when mixed, I'm not sure why it would degrade in a larger jar that was opened a few times a day. I'm not happy with all the packaging personally.

*not an IP site, fyi but talks about whey isolate
Old 06-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 174.1/149.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Oh my god I hate it here! My boss just came in and asked if I wanted a 'cheat day' Dairy Queen Blizzard...he's going to get the whole office Blizzards...I wanna run screaming from this building, these people eat so much sh!t EVERYDAY! I, of course, politely said no thank you, it's not worth it...even though I want one sooooooo bad.
...It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it....
Wish me luck on my job interview tomorrow so I can get away from these junk food eatin' jerks!

Calgarygirlie...congrats on the 140's!!! I hope to join you there next week. I seem to have stalled this week for some reason. I had such a great loss the week before I guess I had to slow down a bit...it's still disappointing!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:56 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoSuzy View Post
Oh my god I hate it here! My boss just came in and asked if I wanted a 'cheat day' Dairy Queen Blizzard...he's going to get the whole office Blizzards...I wanna run screaming from this building, these people eat so much sh!t EVERYDAY! I, of course, politely said no thank you, it's not worth it...even though I want one sooooooo bad.
...It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it, It's not worth it....
Wish me luck on my job interview tomorrow so I can get away from these junk food eatin' jerks!
OMG, I hear ya. My husband keeps on eating ice cream and leaving dried fruit and some of my favourites out on the table infront of me for hours. Heck, he bought sherbert this week (which is what *I* generally eat, not ice cream) and ate it all infront of me. WTF? My coworkers do it to me too, saying I've done so well, why not cheat a bit. It is SO hard not to cheat, but it is SO worth it to stay on plan.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis88 View Post
Just got back from my 3rd WI. Down another 8.6lbs. Lost 1.25" off my chest, 1" off my stomach, and 0.75" off my hips. My BMI also dropped by 1.3.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....this is a great program.
Wow!! Congrats and I agree....a GREAT program !!

Cheers
Old 06-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #23  
Persian Queen

Height: 5'4''

Default I am here ...

Maybe not entirely though. I lost my mom three weeks ago. I miss her so much that it is unimaginable. Needless to say I have fallen into this rut. My boss told me I couldn't take off in the near future either since he is telling me in confidence that he is turning in his resignation next week. In his absence and until we have a replacement, I have to do his and my own job. No saying how long that would be but he said I could probabely not be able to take my vacation in late September because of that. How many of you works for a jerk who thinks he is God sent? First he lies to me saying he has not accepted the offer yet, making it look like they are desperate to get him but he hasn't confirmed. The day before I had heard that the new place he is going to has hired a director already, so after knowing he was going there, I knew he had actually accepted the offer at least several days ago. Now, why would you lie about a thing like that?

Then, he tells me he is only giving a two weeks notice but immediately adds he wouldn't do that if he were me since I am a manager! What the **** does that even mean? I was so tired of his games, I let that go unanswered as well. I should be actually glad he is leaving but I was planning on applying there as a regular staff, so I can do some personal business on the side since as a manager I never have time to do so. Now that he is going there, there is no way I will apply.

Last week, one of my sons contracted mono. It is the most devestating sickness a teenager can go through. He couldn't even breath. I force fed him some ice cream every day and after 4 days finally got some Medrol Dospak for him and it wasn't until he was on that that he could actually leave his bed and take a shower and his fever/shivering stopped.

I am probably heavier than three weeks ago but don't care. Sorry to bring sadness to every ones' celebration of their weight loss and victories.
Take care.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 202/192/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Hi Kelly!

this is so great to hear. I am going on vacation from july 3rd to 11th and I planned to be on phase II diet for all of it and for the second half, I know I will be drinking. This post of yours gave me so much hope and happiness

Glad you are back and glad all went as you wanted it.

Ellie
So I see most of you posting about phase II. I also am getting ready for vacation, what exactly is different about phase II?
Old 06-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHERYL5 View Post
So I see most of you posting about phase II. I also am getting ready for vacation, what exactly is different about phase II?
basically the same but instead of an IP pack for lunch, you'll get to have real protein. Basically your lunch will be like your dinner in phase 1. you'll still be in ketosis and lose weight during.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post
Maybe not entirely though. I lost my mom three weeks ago. I miss her so much that it is unimaginable. Needless to say I have fallen into this rut. My boss told me I couldn't take off in the near future either since he is telling me in confidence that he is turning in his resignation next week. In his absence and until we have a replacement, I have to do his and my own job. No saying how long that would be but he said I could probabely not be able to take my vacation in late September because of that. How many of you works for a jerk who thinks he is God sent? First he lies to me saying he has not accepted the offer yet, making it look like they are desperate to get him but he hasn't confirmed. The day before I had heard that the new place he is going to has hired a director already, so after knowing he was going there, I knew he had actually accepted the offer at least several days ago. Now, why would you lie about a thing like that?

Then, he tells me he is only giving a two weeks notice but immediately adds he wouldn't do that if he were me since I am a manager! What the **** does that even mean? I was so tired of his games, I let that go unanswered as well. I should be actually glad he is leaving but I was planning on applying there as a regular staff, so I can do some personal business on the side since as a manager I never have time to do so. Now that he is going there, there is no way I will apply.

Last week, one of my sons contracted mono. It is the most devestating sickness a teenager can go through. He couldn't even breath. I force fed him some ice cream every day and after 4 days finally got some Medrol Dospak for him and it wasn't until he was on that that he could actually leave his bed and take a shower and his fever/shivering stopped.

I am probably heavier than three weeks ago but don't care. Sorry to bring sadness to every ones' celebration of their weight loss and victories.
Take care.
so sorry to hear about your loss, condolences are in order.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:05 PM   #27  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoSuzy View Post
!
I am with ya... I sat in Burger King watching my husband and son eat burgers and fries and oh yes and some chicken fingers as I drank my water...... Now I know it would probably make me sick to eat that but it used to be my fav burger place, I did it, I wasnt very happy about it, but I didnt give in. Unfortunately I love my junk food junkie so no getting away from him and for the most part he eats really well.
WHHOOOOTT WHHOOOO, great job Calgarygirlie, turbo tummy or TT as I now call it sucks, congrats on getting your 10....
TX Sorry about your loss, we are all here for the good, the bad and the ugly at least thats how I think of it... it is real life we dont get to live on a ranch, we have families, obligations, and distractions. Take care of you in all that is going on in your life....

Last edited by WannabeIP; 06-28-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #28  

Quote:

Take care.
TX, I'm so sorry for your loss You are doing right by taking care of you and your family first. Your boss sounds like a real piece of work, and I'm so sorry you have to deal with his crap.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Take care.
Hi, TX, I'm so sorry about the loss of your dear mom. And also the work drama.

My son who is now 30 had a textbook case of mono at 16, dropped 30 pounds in a couple of weeks, and seemed deathly ill. Within a week of my arranging for his home schooling, which hadn't even begun, he was up and around and back to school. Three years later he married the girl who gave him mono and they have 5 kids now. Your son will be fine.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelliemom View Post
After 15 weeks and 42lbs lost, Today I have officially made it to Onederland!!!!!! It feels so good to finally be here! My weigh in today was 199.1 which was a 2lb loss for the week.

On a separate note, we're finally getting internet at our new house this week. I'm looking forward to being able to keep up with everyone here better. Hope you all have a fabulous week with lots of NSVs and huge losses!
Way to go!
Closed Thread