Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 06:33 PM   #181  

Height: 5.8

Hi all

I have had such a rough week both at work and on IP. I upped my excercise and BOOM out of ketosis..so of course the scale didnt move all week..sigh..I think the best thing for me now is to try out phase 2 and see if that will allow me to excercise as hard as I do and lose weight (perhaps slower but still lose) and perhaps my body wont be so hungry and mad at me and wont throw me out of ketosis.

Part of me says to cut back on the excercise and lose the last 40 while the other part says NO WAY, I love my 2 hr workouts and my runs and the inches are flying off and Im very slowly beginning to like my curves and my body.sighhhhh I dont know..

to my fellow canadian IPers...happy early canada day! Enjoy the day with your family and friends and remember just because you are celebrating doesnt mean you have to cheat..plan ahead and you can have fun and stay OP.

Kimann
Old 06-30-2010, 06:40 PM   #182  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMySofa View Post
Can you all help me? I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I got a box of the crepe mix today. I have this nice little non-stick egg/crepe frying pan. I used 4 oz. of water (the directions said 3-5 oz, ergo 4 oz.!) and a little oil, all on medium heat, all of this according to the directions on the box. So, the whole thing stuck to the bottom, and the top was just mush. There was no flipping and doing so many minutes on either side. I had this same problem with the chocolate pancake, except that it burned, and the inside was moist. Believe me, I scraped the inside of that thing all the way to the burnt crust! I was hungry! With the crepe today, I scraped off all the mush and put it in a different frying pan to finish it, but it was still balls o' mush in the end!

What can I do to make this work right? I like the chocolate cookie recipe for the pancake mix. But I've been seeing all these ideas using the whole crepe, like rolling it up with WF jelly inside. I really want to try that! It's a nonstick pan, and used with oil; I can't imagine why it sticks! Medium heat can't get any medium-er! I suppose I could use more water and thin it out, but it seems to me that just a thinner layer will stick to the bottom that way.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.
ahhh...yes the elusive crepe.....I've been on this plan for 33 days and it took about 25 days to get it right . The amount of water was a big factor for me - I was using too much. I have a really good no stick pan. I use a spatula to lift off the edges and then very gently and carefully flip it over for just a minute. The ones that break while flipping get broken up and put in with salad - like eating salad with a bread bowl. Keep trying different things....I also tilt the pan so the liquid runs out to all the edges to make it really thin. I do put the whole amount in one pan but you could try doing smaller ones and then making more of them.

Good Luck !!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:26 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Sorry what does the EAS stand for and where can I buy them in canada? I like the idea of mocha and strawberry? Do they come in those flavours?
The EAS and Muscle Milk brands were the protein drinks Consumer Reports said were too high in heavy metals like cadmium. Just FYI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
Can we have the atkins bars or no? Looking at them they have way less carbs but I was wondering if there was something in them that we can't have. Just curious I am not going to be eating them but I have been talking to my mother in-law about the program and she does atkins.
They have too much fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMySofa View Post
Can you all help me? I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I got a box of the crepe mix today. I have this nice little non-stick egg/crepe frying pan. I used 4 oz. of water (the directions said 3-5 oz, ergo 4 oz.!) and a little oil, all on medium heat, all of this according to the directions on the box. So, the whole thing stuck to the bottom, and the top was just mush. There was no flipping and doing so many minutes on either side. I had this same problem with the chocolate pancake, except that it burned, and the inside was moist. Believe me, I scraped the inside of that thing all the way to the burnt crust! I was hungry! With the crepe today, I scraped off all the mush and put it in a different frying pan to finish it, but it was still balls o' mush in the end!

What can I do to make this work right? I like the chocolate cookie recipe for the pancake mix. But I've been seeing all these ideas using the whole crepe, like rolling it up with WF jelly inside. I really want to try that! It's a nonstick pan, and used with oil; I can't imagine why it sticks! Medium heat can't get any medium-er! I suppose I could use more water and thin it out, but it seems to me that just a thinner layer will stick to the bottom that way.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.
I tried making one crepe from the recipe the first time and it was a complete disaster. After that I made four 6-inch crepes in a preheated pan, and everything worked perfectly. You can spread the smaller ones with the WF jelly just like a bigger one. I would use a bit of PAM spray even though the pan is non-stick. If you really want just one crepe, you would need to spread it out in a much larger skillet, preheated, and well greased. I would think it would be a pain to flip though.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
CW....wait, where are you?? I can't see you...you are too TINY!!!!!!!! SO happy for you You are just beautiful!!

Soon2B.... 2" of your waist?? I may have to hate you Congrats on a fantastic WI #1
Lol...yep- 2 inches from the waist. I was just as shocked. I made her measure me again to make sure she didn't do it wrong.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:47 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Not only did I have a fantastic first weigh in, I got the best compliment today! One of my patient's parents told me that I had a great collar bone.

Wait! You mean that you can see my collar bone now??

That's probably better than any other compliment I've received lately.

Congrats to those who weighed in today!
Old 06-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #186  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Well, just got back from my first weigh in.....and......

I lost 6lbs!

2 inches from my waist!

1 inch from my arms!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Best first week on a diet EVER!
WOW!!! 2 INCHES IN ONE WEEK! YOU GO GIRL! And welcome to Onederland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
I did it ! Im at 150 lbs ! WOW ! I did not think I could ever go from 248lbs to a50 lbs . And I did it in 6 months . This diet works ! My husband comes home in three months and I am so excited . Ive gone from a size 22 to a size 8 ! Don't give up ladies you can do this !
I am SO proud of you, almost 100 lbs in 6 months, who else could do that-only you CW! congrats! hubby's goning to be speechless when he comes home again, i remember his reaction last time he was back-think about in 3 months! WOWZAS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelliemom View Post
I finally have internet at home again! I need to get busy unpacking more boxes, but I'm looking forward to stopping back in tonight and actually being able to comment on posts. I did take a minute to update my weight tracker. The last time I updated it was 8 pounds ago! Hope everyone has a great day!

One more thing..... Thanks to everyone for the congrats and celebrating with me on making it into Onederland.
sheesh! finally yellie! i was waiting for you to update that thing you should be so proud of your accomplishment into the the land of one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl49 View Post
Hi everyone. Just had my 4th week weigh in and I lost another 3.4 lbs. That makes a total of 20.4 pounds....in just 4 weeks!!!! that is amazing. This diet is so easy for me also because I have always been a big veggie/protien eater...so really I just needed to cut out the sugar and add more protien. Nothing I have done in the past has had the pounds just melt off they way the ID protien diet has. I am so grateful that my Dr. told me about it. She wasn't kidding...this might very well be my last diet ever. one for every 5 pounds lost
Great job!! i feel the same way, it's cutting out the sugar and pasta(and beer!) that really have rocked this weight loss thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrook View Post
I don't know, man.... I have no facts to back me up here but I would stay away from that stuff. You have the sugar high and the mysterious net carb issue. Not to be too hoodoo voodoo, but you are working too hard to get knocked out of ketosis for a soft drink. There's not even any booze in it!! haha
i agree, i 'd stay away too, i'm always tempted to buy the splenda sweetened drinks at the store but shy away because they used to give me a sugar high-something's going on inside this body when i drink 'em even if it's only "sugar alcohol". i'd rather have the naughty "v" drink no net carbs

dang those belts, they're such a hassle aren't they

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Not only did I have a fantastic first weigh in, I got the best compliment today! One of my patient's parents told me that I had a great collar bone.

Wait! You mean that you can see my collar bone now??

That's probably better than any other compliment I've received lately.

Congrats to those who weighed in today!
yipee for collar bones!!!!!!! that's one of my new favorites parts of my body, along with my hip bones that are actually defined now when i lie down and don't just blend in with my gut

had an AWFUL day at work with an evil co-worker, learned it's not always the best way to go with that old saying "do unto others" mush. i will treat people the way they treat me for sure now on, tired of being walked all over!
everyone's doing so great this week, so excited for WI #10 on friday, hoping for a 167 on that mean old scale-and i'm planning on putting my hair up and possible wearing a toilet paper dress if i can get away with it-who needs an extra pound of clothes on WI day?! not me

Last edited by mamaerinb; 06-30-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:41 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Thank you to everyones sweet comments . I did stay away from the restricted items . Everyo once in a while I would have a bar if I was out and needed something to keep me from cheating . I also was very committed to walk 3 to 4 miles a day 6 days a week . I took Sundays off . I did have some days that was harder than others and did cheat three times while my husband was home for his two weeks R&R but when I did I just went right back to protocal the next day . Everyone can do this . It works . Dont go for a size or a weight . Go for how you feel and look . A # dosn't matter . By standards it says I should be 140 lbs . I don't think I would look healthy at 140 lbs . I am very happy with 150 and would like to get toned up . I feel so healthy and can keep up with my kids and enjoy life to the fullest . Thats what really matters . I am very excited about the changes we have made as a family . Eating healthy and excercising together . It has been a blessing all the way around . Im looking forward to my husband being home and us being whole again . I am so blessed . And you my friends have been a great blessing to me also . I look forward to keeping the weight off and continuing on with Gods plans for me . Thank you ! Im going to keep checking in and watching everyone else reach there goals and rejoicing with you !
Old 06-30-2010, 09:42 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

think soda made me gain weight or something...NOT hungry. Nope, this girl here is not hungry. Cooking up a steak anyways.

aside from that: summer is sort of finally here, high of 68! regardless, none of my summer pants fit me, none...zero...hence wearing yoga pants in the sun.

I am excited for my weigh in too IF I didn't muck everything up today by experimenting.

first experiment: sky blue free soda
second experiment: muscle milk mixed with soy milk. checked it out and I had 200 calories lovely eh?? of course I checked after eating the deliciousness.

my pissiness of the day: leave work, run around doing a whole bunch of stuff, boy says he'll be home by 630 then texts and says sun is out so he is out on the boat and wont be till 8. Meanwhile he has made work for me by starting the laundry...as in he always puts stuff int here and pushes the on button, drying and folding is up to yours truly. Well I am making one steak and I put the clothes in drier but no way I am folding.

Last edited by pitakitten; 06-30-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:51 PM   #189  

found the BEST thing ever today, check out alternative and No-Nos for more
Old 06-30-2010, 09:52 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

[QUOTE=Lady5andy;3365038]Well seriously, I think it's tinny for everyone else except me.. I think I'm going crazy, it's like, the more I lose weight, the more I want to loose more, and the more I see everything that I dont like on me. I see dark circles under my eyes, I see ugly hair, I dont know. It's like I'm going crazy

I kinda have the same problem. I'm 5'4, and thanks to IP, I'm down to 127. But I really think I'd be better at least another 5-8lbs down-so I keep going. People keep telling me I'm way skinny, but I feel like it could be more. I think I have that body morphic disorder, where you can't really judge your size? It's very stressful never feeling good enough. I know it's not sane, but 'the voice' is louder than logic! Hang in there, you're not alone!!
Old 06-30-2010, 10:05 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

I had my first weigh in tonight and I lost 6.4 pounds and 27" overall (they measure 8 places from neck to thigh)!

I love this diet! And this site - I think I've learned more on here than from my coach!
Old 06-30-2010, 10:32 PM   #192  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplus80 View Post
I had my first weigh in tonight and I lost 6.4 pounds and 27" overall (they measure 8 places from neck to thigh)!

I love this diet! And this site - I think I've learned more on here than from my coach!
WOW!!! 27 INCHES! i agree, if i'd have done this on my own i'd have quit long ago, even with my coach's assistance(who is fantabulous btw). the gals(and token one or two men) are really wonderful at motivation and inspiration for sure.

Congrats, stick to you, you'll fly through this journey
Old 06-30-2010, 11:02 PM   #193  

based on this:
http://www.healthchecksystems.com/he...hart.htm#frame

and my 2 & 4/8" elbow, i am offically changing my goal weight to 150, i'm in it for the long haul ladies and gents!

hoping to reach goal by 09/01/2010! and POSSIBLY be in a size 4 by then, wish me luck, letting the boss/coach know friday AM at WI

Last edited by mamaerinb; 06-30-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:05 PM   #194  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

It is official!!!! I got to the 150's at my weigh in today!!!! I'm right there with CW......it feels so good. I have set 140 as my goal. Talked to my coach today and I will start phase 2 when I reach 150. I can hardly wait. It has been an interesting journey and I feel the same way CW does. It has helped me so much being able to come to this board. You guys are so great and inspirational. Thank you so much. Hey Newbies, you can do it. Before long you'll wonder where all that weight went. I'm hoping I only have till the end of the month and I can start phase 2. My losses have slowed some, but are pretty consistant at about 2 lbs. a week Just had to stop in and tell you.
CW....congrats.......would love to meet you sometime.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #195  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
It is official!!!! I got to the 150's at my weigh in today!!!! I'm right there with CW......it feels so good. I have set 140 as my goal. Talked to my coach today and I will start phase 2 when I reach 150. I can hardly wait. It has been an interesting journey and I feel the same way CW does. It has helped me so much being able to come to this board. You guys are so great and inspirational. Thank you so much. Hey Newbies, you can do it. Before long you'll wonder where all that weight went. I'm hoping I only have till the end of the month and I can start phase 2. My losses have slowed some, but are pretty consistant at about 2 lbs. a week Just had to stop in and tell you.
CW....congrats.......would love to meet you sometime.
congrats! i remember you being a "vet" here when i started and staring in awe at your 3 little suns(or whatever those little circle things are basking in the sunlight) hoping one day i could lose 15 and have 3 dancing whatevers hopping around. i hope to see 150 in 2 months or less! must feel great! time for before and after pics! just sayin'

Last edited by mamaerinb; 06-30-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Closed Thread