Old 03-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #46  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Good for you! I'm impressed! Any ideas on what to do about 'turkey neck?'
Mary
I'm afraid all I can afford for that is a good turtleneck!

woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:34 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

I'm getting my hair done to celebrate my 20lb loss! My hairdresser better notice. (Just kidding)
momoffive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:11 AM   #48  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Had my hair highlighted and cut for my 40lb lost. He definitely noticed, and guess what??? The smock buttoned all the way for the first time in years!
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:12 AM   #49  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Had my hair highlighted and cut for my 40lb lost. He definitely noticed, and guess what??? The smock buttoned all the way for the first time in years!

Oh, and a clothing exchange is not allowed by 3FC, but I've done the PM thing to send/recieve some clothes.
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #50  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

I love all the ideas, I have recently and I mean very recently hit the goal of being overweight instead of obese, and it doesn't matter if it is only by a thread that I made it. It feels awsome. I think a manicure is due, and I think I will save the Tan for my next goal for right after Easter when I hope to be in the lower 160's. I really love IP and all the postive side affects that come with being apart of the loser club.

Keep up the good work and rember you are worth it.
ginBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:32 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Woo hoo!! All the ladies at the salon wanted to know what I was doing.... My next eyebrow wax is in three weeks and I hope I'm in the 150's..
momoffive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:46 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

bump
rondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #53  
konsheart

S/C/G: 243/ 237/130

Height: 5'5

Today I Had My 1st Wi And I Am Really Proud Of Myself I Lost 6.7pounds And I Felt So Good About It I Know I Can Do This Only The 1st Few Days Were Really Hard But With The Feeling I Had When My Coach Told Me That I Lost Weight *i Know I Can Do This* Good Luck To All
konsheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:08 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Reposting from another thread, to help wake this one back up

Rewards

Whenever I've tried to lose weight in the past, I've made a list of things that I want, and I attached mini-goals to those things. On that list, last time around, I had a teapot, some earrings, a manicure. I haven't made a list for this time, but if I do, I think I'm going to put "really nice makeup" on it, somewhere at least 50 pounds down. (I do not "girl" well. I've never gotten great with makeup. And if you buy nice enough makeup, someone will teach you how to put it on!) There's some nice-smelling lotion I want, which I'd probably put on there. I have a bracelet that I got myself at a mini-goal, last time I lost weight, and I haven't wanted to wear it, after gaining a bunch back. I think I'll give myself the right to wear it again as one of my mini-goals, this time, which might sound stupid, but it will be pretty psychologically powerful for me. And I guess that's the point: pick meaningful things, if you can. You'll notice a lot of mine appeal to my sense of vanity. If you can tie your rewards to your motivation for losing weight, that makes them more powerful. (Vanity isn't my only motivation, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't one of them. Ease of travel is another one, so when I make a list, a really awesome vacation is usually my Big Goal.)

Pick-me-ups (or very small rewards)

When I'm feeling down, or snacky, or I just need some kind of pick-me-up...

I start by making myself a cup of tea, usually.

If I had a nice bathtub, I would take a bath. (I don't. It's a bummer.)

If the hubs is around, I might cajole him into going for a walk with me, ideally somewhere with birds to look at.

I play video games where I can blow things up.

Last edited by the_magpie; 02-22-2015 at 07:02 PM.
the_magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:34 PM   #55  

Thanks for trying to resurrect this--it's a topic I've been thinking about as well.

Thanks to all the vitamins, my nails are growing in quite nicely, and since I'm always reading these threads, I don't have time to ruin them by biting them (LOL!), so I am hoping to make manicures one of my rewards for weight loss.

I have to admit, with previous attempts to lose weight, I have rewarded myself with food or increased eating, but even though it is very early in my current journey, I have no desire to do so. This plan has been so different from any other I've ever tried...and I'm so motivated by that!
janby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:39 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 187.4/137/140

It's kind of embarrassing to admit, but my "reward" for reaching my goal was to buy a too expensive designer purse. I rationalized to my husband that it was a combined Valentine's and birthday gift from him, but it was really an atta-girl from me to me. I also have a gift certificate from my son for a massage. The thought of having a stranger kneading at all my fat was not at all appealing, so I never used it. I'm going to finally use it!
hellafat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:22 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 193/161/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellafat View Post
It's kind of embarrassing to admit, but my "reward" for reaching my goal was to buy a too expensive designer purse.
I like it! I like it a lot!!

Last edited by kdramalover; 02-23-2015 at 11:23 AM.
kdramalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:11 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 242/222/160

Height: 5'10"

For my first 20lb. loss I'm going to get a decent pair of jeans that FIT! I've been fooling myself too long that my current pair make me look thinner because they are tight. And I'm tired of taking then out of the dryer damp and wearing them so they stretch a little, LOL!

I think I'll work on a list today of special treats for milestones. I've always used food or wine for rewards and it's time to find healthier preasents.
juliemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:01 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellafat View Post
It's kind of embarrassing to admit, but my "reward" for reaching my goal was to buy a too expensive designer purse. I rationalized to my husband that it was a combined Valentine's and birthday gift from him, but it was really an atta-girl from me to me. I also have a gift certificate from my son for a massage. The thought of having a stranger kneading at all my fat was not at all appealing, so I never used it. I'm going to finally use it!
You should definitely not be embarrassed by that! That's a great reward! (And it makes you happy to carry it, I bet! It's a reminder of an accomplishment! I also bet it makes your husband happy when you carry it, because he's proud of getting you a gift you like so much. Everyone wins!)
the_magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:26 PM   #60  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

I want to do something special for my half way mark that is just around the corner...but I am having trouble thinking of something so I think I will wait another 5-10 lbs and buy some new clothes to hold me over for a bit
Arobed is offline   Reply With Quote