Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Calgarygirlie Love your new picture !!! You look so skinny !!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:16 AM   #62  

Height: 5'10"

I know we all...ok well most of us....struggle with our self-image and see ourselves as fat. But seriously, when I see someone who is like 5'10 and weighs 150 and they say they're fat, I want to smack them. Sometimes I think people do that for attention. I say grow up, get over it! You may not be happy where you're at, but to use the word "fat" to describe how you look is just plain wrong.

OK, off my soap box now. Sorry for that rant, just had to let it all out.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
I know we all...ok well most of us....struggle with our self-image and see ourselves as fat. But seriously, when I see someone who is like 5'10 and weighs 150 and they say they're fat, I want to smack them. Sometimes I think people do that for attention. I say grow up, get over it! You may not be happy where you're at, but to use the word "fat" to describe how you look is just plain wrong.

OK, off my soap box now. Sorry for that rant, just had to let it all out.
Wish there was a like button like FB on here
Old 06-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #64  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

I'm ADDICTED to this site. I'm going to get myself in trouble for being on so much at work

SOOO...instead of getting off, I am working on creating an app for the site that I can use on my phone. Don't get too excited, it's still in the works, and I'm not sure how great it will turn out, but my browser on my phone just isn't cutting it for me. This app will be for Blackberry's only, so any of you who have one, be on the look out. If the Blackberry app works out well, I'll creat one for the Iphone too, because I know several of you have one, and are all as addicted as me.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
Welcome gardengirl! So weird...we had the exact same losses in the first two weeks on IP!! Hopefully this bodes well for you...I've lost 23 lbs and almost 21 inches so far! See Jordanna's post re: Boot Camp. I pretty much follow strict protocol as well, except maybe 1-2 restricted IP foods per week. Good luck!
Hi Sweetstina..I am being really strict myself. Keeping to the vegitables we are able to eat and being very creative on their preparation. I can't wait to say I have lost 23 pounds. I did Jenny Craig last year at this time and it was so expensive and it took me weeks to get to where I am in just 3 weeks on this diet. I find this very easy cause I am a big protien/vegitable eater anyway. Fortunately, my husband is a personal trainer and a big fan of eating right so he is very supportive. He cheers me on after every single weigh in. I weigh in today and I can't wait to see what I have accomplished.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
I'm ADDICTED to this site. I'm going to get myself in trouble for being on so much at work

SOOO...instead of getting off, I am working on creating an app for the site that I can use on my phone. Don't get too excited, it's still in the works, and I'm not sure how great it will turn out, but my browser on my phone just isn't cutting it for me. This app will be for Blackberry's only, so any of you who have one, be on the look out. If the Blackberry app works out well, I'll creat one for the Iphone too, because I know several of you have one, and are all as addicted as me.

Hooray for smart chicks!!! I would love an iPhone app
Old 06-22-2010, 11:30 AM   #67  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hooray for smart chicks!!! I would love an iPhone app
I'm gonna get it done a.s.a.p.!! I'm hoping to have the blackberry app done by this time next week, BUT I have newborn pictures to edit and enhance, I have to label everything for my yard sale this weekend --if anyone is in Arkansas and wants to stop by-- plus I'm working 8 to 5 everyday. But I'm gonna find time to get it done Because it is THAT important

And yes Jordanna did call me smart--and yes I'm from Arkansas. Just wanted to throw out the perception that we're all barefoot incestual hillbillies down here
Old 06-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 174.1/149.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

And yes Jordanna did call me smart--and yes I'm from Arkansas. Just wanted to throw out the perception that we're all barefoot incestual hillbillies down here

You made me laugh out loud! Thank you! Not only are you smart you are gorgeous! Can't wait for you to start your program and watch your amazing results! I'll be looking forward to that Blackberry App!!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #69  
Started IP 7/23/2012

S/C/G: 176/176/125

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone! I hope you are all having an amazing week! I've been super busy getting things ready for our garage sale this weekend. We put our house on the market last week! Crossing fingers that it sells FAST! :-) The DH gets back into town thursday, so he'll be moving in with his parents on friday and helping me get the garage sale done this weekend. I am ready for a day off of being mommy! I have so much to do and it just takes forever when you have a 15 month crawling up your leg all day. :-X I jumped ont he scale this morning and I am almost in the 150s! woohoo! I know i haven't been eating enough lately though, so I'm going to have to change it up a bit soon. I think the separation has just fueled my fire even more, but i haven't wanted to eat jack diddly squat and I know that's not healthy. (I am litterally shoving food into my mouth just to get my veggies in!) I've been on the Alternative phase for over a week now and I think the weight loss is just the same as on Regular IP and it's saving me a bundle. Well, The nugget is up from his morning nap! Wish me luck that I don't lose all my sanity inthe coming days! Busy, Busy Busy!

Good luck to everyone on their WIs this week!! :-)
Old 06-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #70  

Taylor are you a photographer? I'm a photographer too (photographer and graphic designer)....but mostly a mum these days
Old 06-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #71  
Started IP 5/31/10

S/C/G: 241.8/223.0/150

Talking

It looks like a lot of us are having a crappy start to the week (myself included). Here's to things getting better, it's only Tuesday, afterall!

For those of us experiencing the big "C", you mihgt want to try an herbal tea called Ballerina Tea. You can get it at health food stores, I think GNC has it. Just google it. My old college roomie turned me on to the stuff, trust me, it works. You've got to be careful and not drink too much though!

Jordanna: Sorry for the late comment, but your progress pics are amazing! You don't even look like the same person! You look awesome. Congrats!!!

And congrats to everyone else for doing so well! Even though we hit minor set backs (Erin, don't let it get to you, you look amazing, too!) we keep on truckin because we know it's worth it!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #72  

Quote:

Thank you Taylor, I would love an app like that on my BB!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Height: 5'5"

Hi BevS: Thanks, after reading the posts about the IP bootcamp, i figured i was on another planet!!!- sometimes I am slow on the uptake. I am trying to take it easy on my exercize bootcamp, half effort, walking when everyone else is jogging. I used to go 6 days a week, now only 3. I also used to play soccer 2x week but i cut that out, too. I love physical activity, so it's been an adjustment... but definitely trying. my coach is not soo happy about the workouts but it is one thing that will keep me sane - especially since i've changed my eating habits drastically!

Pitakitten: I asked my coach yesterday at my week 4 weigh-in about the pot/cal and potential cardiac arrest and sustained release form. he's a chiropractor (so not a general practitioner) and said he is not concerned. BUT i don't necessarily think he knows it all and he's fairly new to the IP, i think for 6 months. SO, I told him I will be cutting my Pot/Cal tablet in half and take 1/2 with breakfast and half with lunch because I do not want to take a chance on this. The heart is a beautiful muscle that I do not want to mess with. My mom's side is filled with heart disease (my brother lost his life at 36 because of a heart attack - and he was soooo not overweight, just bad genes), and i don't want to take chances!

Jordana: great blog...keep up the grat work you are doing, we all benefit from your writing.

Bretley: Welcome! I have enjoyed this forum immensly and hope yo will find it comforting as well.

mepeterson: I don't think I've ever experienced a tornado but can only imagine how scarey it is. Stay safe.

TaylorMade: I would love a BB app for this forum! please count me in.

Calgarygirlie: Thank you!! and a BIG CONGRATULATIONS for what you have accomplished!

I purchased the chili packets last night at my appointment, has anyone ever tried it? my coach ran out of the cranberry/blueberry/pomegranite drink so i was bummed. They always run out of stuff so I'm thinking of buying in bulk next time so I know I have the packets I like. Tomorrow I will go for a a much needed massage!

Good luck today!

Last edited by dietfrenzy; 06-22-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:08 PM   #74  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Taylor are you a photographer? I'm a photographer too (photographer and graphic designer)....but mostly a mum these days
I AM!! On the side now days though. I used to work for a studio, but quit to work as a...graphic designer!! I now have a small studio on the side, you can look it up on facebook --Taylor Made Photography in Jonesboro, AR-- and now work as a secretary at a medical supply (which is how I found IP) due to a company lay-off where I was doing graphic design.

BTW, just wanted to let you know you're like, my biggest inspiration on here. I'm constantly showing my boyfriend and roomates your progress pictures, being like "Look! She's lost so much in only 5 months!! She said she's almost lost the weight of her dog she can't pick up!! She came up with the idea of going to the grocery store and carrying around the amount of potatoe weight you lost!! Isn't she coooolll???" I'm a tad obsessed, but just though you should know how much you rock
Old 06-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #75  

Height: 5'8"

pita
you feeling better today? hope your back isn't too out of whack, ha i just rhymed.

and thanks mvk i'm trying to just let it roll off my shoulder and hoping TOM comes so i have some reasoning on the gain. and speaking of tea, i'll probably drink my magic tea twice this week-feeling BLOAT BIG TIME. fun stuff!

just noticed i've been on IP for 2 months exactly, wow-where'd the time go?

going to the grocery store to stock up on fresh veggies and some flank steak, i'm so SICK of chicken.

hope this week gets better for us all, it seems like a ton of us are having a bad start

Last edited by mamaerinb; 06-22-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Closed Thread