Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #136  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocola View Post
How can I be the perfect dieter last week, the weight falling off and then this week acting like someone who doesn't know the rules(frozen pizza and cookie dough for dinner-Really??)? Maybe it's the heat. Hoping I'll snap out of it and get back on track. I've been out of my Costco drink all week, and I really feel not following my normal routine has thrown me off.

I guess the biggest fear is not being able to get back under control and regaining weight.
I COMPLETELY understand! I have been there this week too.

Seems so strange to have such discipline and falling off can be so hard!

UGGH... back to measuring and prepacking veggies.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:29 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Half a glass of champagne did me in last night. Goodbye ketosis. Hopefully you'll come back soon.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #138  
NewYearNewMe

S/C/G: 200/180/155

Height: 5"5

hey everyone i'm currently in maintenance and it is so hard!! i didn't reach my goal due to it being summer and i do want to enjoy life and not worry about it forever. my hair also started falling out like crazy!! its really scary and i'm afraid i won't have any left soon! has this happened to anyone else?? as far as cheats go i find myself overeatting because i'm used to being deprived. it's horrible and at times i don't know how i managed to not have a single cheat for my first 7 weeks on phase 1. is this an issue for anyone else? when i eat bad food i feel super bloated and disgusting but that's still not enough to stop me at times?? i've thought about doing the alternate phase 1 plan strict and come off the program all over again, but do it right the whole way, my hair freaks me out though too... HELP, any suggestions??
Old 07-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #139  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I have yet to cheat!! But I have a cheat day planned... My parents throw a big Corn Roast/Potluck every year on the Labour Day weekend, so I decided that will be my cheat day. I was just going to cheat by having some corn on the cob with butter (mmmm) but then I thought what the heck, may as well go all out. I plan to try a spoon of everything! And I hope it makes me sick so it will give me the inspiration to not cheat again after that!
Old 07-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #140  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 240/183.5/150

Height: 5'4

sooo I was given a piece of Dove Dark Chocolate candy by a co-worker...I did not eat said piece of chocolate....but I inhaled deeply...and then decided its just about the same smell as the chocolate drink, so I will have one of those when I get home
Old 07-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 187/147/145

Height: 5'7

I guess everyone's body is different. That small amount of champagne shouldn't throw you out of ketosis should it? I had 3 gin and sparkling waters (no carbs or sugar) and was fine but I guess champagne does have a good number of carbs and sugars. I'm sorry that happened!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #142  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate87 View Post
hey everyone i'm currently in maintenance and it is so hard!! i didn't reach my goal due to it being summer and i do want to enjoy life and not worry about it forever. my hair also started falling out like crazy!! its really scary and i'm afraid i won't have any left soon! has this happened to anyone else?? as far as cheats go i find myself overeatting because i'm used to being deprived. it's horrible and at times i don't know how i managed to not have a single cheat for my first 7 weeks on phase 1. is this an issue for anyone else? when i eat bad food i feel super bloated and disgusting but that's still not enough to stop me at times?? i've thought about doing the alternate phase 1 plan strict and come off the program all over again, but do it right the whole way, my hair freaks me out though too... HELP, any suggestions??

Kate87,
I know how you feel. I phased out of ip a few months ago as I was leaving for some pretty big vacations. I did really well for about a month then I went sort of crazy. Part of it was becuase I kept saying "well I will be going back on soon so I can have this it does not matter" I am back on an alternative plan now and have been for two weeks. I have lost the weight I gained back and am really trying to do things diff. this time. I think I am now mentally in a dif place. Hang in there.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #143  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocola View Post
I've been out of my Costco drink all week, and I really feel not following my normal routine has thrown me off. .
You are so right...when I get out of my routine it all falls apart quickly!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:02 AM   #144  
NewYearNewMe

S/C/G: 200/180/155

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Kate87,
I know how you feel. I phased out of ip a few months ago as I was leaving for some pretty big vacations. I did really well for about a month then I went sort of crazy. Part of it was becuase I kept saying "well I will be going back on soon so I can have this it does not matter" I am back on an alternative plan now and have been for two weeks. I have lost the weight I gained back and am really trying to do things diff. this time. I think I am now mentally in a dif place. Hang in there.
Thank You I've thought about doing the alternative plan too, I think I'll try it just to get the last 10 lbs off!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate87 View Post
That's why I can't move onto maintenence. Left to my own devices I'm an eating machine. I woke up today w a sugar hangover, that's how bad I've been, oh and the scale totally shows it. I have no idea how I didn't cheat those first 6 weeks. I feel like at this point I need something switched off in my brain, so that I only eat when I'm hungry and appropriate amounts. I fixed my body, but my brain is lagging behind.

You are not alone. Maybe just do Phase 1 for a week to get back on track, then try maintence again?
Old 07-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #146  

Tonight I'm going to Bluesfest with my sister and a group of friends. Drinking will be involved. I'm going to be super IP good all day, but I've already planned to cheat tonight. Before we head out I'll minimize the damage by drinking either Nestea Zero & vodka or Smirnoff Ice Light (100 cal, 0 carbs, 0 sugar); however, at the site they only sell regular coolers and wine. It's not going to be pretty!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #147  

Good news: ketosis is back!!!! Only one day out of it and I felt like crap! I learned my cheating lesson. Never again. At least not until wedding cake tasting in October.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:12 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
Tonight I'm going to Bluesfest with my sister and a group of friends. Drinking will be involved. I'm going to be super IP good all day, but I've already planned to cheat tonight. Before we head out I'll minimize the damage by drinking either Nestea Zero & vodka or Smirnoff Ice Light (100 cal, 0 carbs, 0 sugar); however, at the site they only sell regular coolers and wine. It's not going to be pretty!
If you're going to drink and get kicked out of ketosis anyhow, you better eat some carbs, or tomorrow you'll be one sick pup!
Old 07-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #149  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Good news: ketosis is back!!!! Only one day out of it and I felt like crap! I learned my cheating lesson. Never again. At least not until wedding cake tasting in October.
Woop! I'm still in negative ketosis land, but I feel better today. I've been in and out according to the strips very randomly since I started working out (which I haven't since Monday) so I'm thinking tomorrow might be my day to see a nice colour on the strip. I'm just chugging along anyway, doing my best!
Old 07-09-2010, 03:53 PM   #150  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
Woop! I'm still in negative ketosis land, but I feel better today. I've been in and out according to the strips very randomly since I started working out (which I haven't since Monday) so I'm thinking tomorrow might be my day to see a nice colour on the strip. I'm just chugging along anyway, doing my best!
Doing your best is all you can do. Obviously, ketosis or not, you're losing weight. What more can you ask for?!
Closed Thread