Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 12:56 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 209/184/150

Height: 5'4"

is it wrong that I considered making my raspberry jello into jello shots???
Old 06-30-2010, 01:10 AM   #77  
Started IP 7/23/2012

S/C/G: 176/176/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywelch View Post
is it wrong that I considered making my raspberry jello into jello shots???
that is hilarious! bet they'd be yummo!!

ERIN: Thanks sugar! I think next time I'll go your route and be safe and add my own! :-) I'm back in the saddle...again.... lol!
Old 06-30-2010, 02:57 AM   #78  
Motivated IP-er

S/C/G: HW313(2007) 264(IP)/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Has anyone tried Syntrax Nectar?

It's a whey protein isolate drink with sucralose, comes in quite a few good flavors (I like the Roadside Lemonade, Fuzzy Navel, and Vanilla Bean Torte), has 90 calories, 23 grams protein, no carb/fat.

I've been using them when I realize I didn't do a mid-day protein drink late in the evening, or when I'm really on the run, because it's more forgiving texture-wise if water levels are off a bit.

Do you think this would count as a cheat? It seems like it *should* meet protocol...

Reviews of Syntrax Nectar
Old 06-30-2010, 09:57 PM   #79  

Height: 5'8"

BEST ALMOST REAL, KIND OF IP FRIENDLY DINNER EVER!

check out the Light Original Flatout Flatbreads, here's the nutritional content:
Calories:90
Fat 2.5(no saturated!!)
Carbs: 6 net(9 fiber, 1 Sugar alcohol)
Protein: 9 g(!!!!)

I used this to make an awesome pizza or wrap with 2 oz of chicken, 1 oz shredded mozzarella(skim) and 1 Tbsp of hot wing sauce. Total carbs: 6.5!

I don't plan on doing this everyday but once a week is good for me since i don't do the skim milk in my coffee, also didn't do any restricteds today.

YUMMMMMMMMM!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 06-30-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #80  
Motivated IP-er

OMG, I love those Flatbreads! I'll have to consider doing something like than when I *have* to cheat - thanks for the great idea!
Old 06-30-2010, 11:17 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgorny View Post
OMG, I love those Flatbreads! I'll have to consider doing something like than when I *have* to cheat - thanks for the great idea!
no problem! i intended to make a pizza but i don't think i cooked it long enough so i rolled it up like a wrap, so filling and perfect for that normal food craving
Old 07-01-2010, 12:05 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

so lately I've been having a couple of tablespoons of pumpkin seeds a day. I buy them raw at our health food store then roast them with seasalt and cayenne in some coconut oil. They are so good and a good way to get on the salt. They have 5 carbs per serving but 5 grams of fiber per serving (which I can't remember exactly how much a serving is, maybe 1/3 cup). They are high in good fats. I don't know if they are gonna mess with weight loss. I'll keep you guys posted. I just get so munchy in the evenings, they help and they are healthy, but I feel guilty I'm sabotaging things. Oh, the torment....
Old 07-01-2010, 12:09 AM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrook View Post
so lately I've been having a couple of tablespoons of pumpkin seeds a day. I buy them raw at our health food store then roast them with seasalt and cayenne in some coconut oil. They are so good and a good way to get on the salt. They have 5 carbs per serving but 5 grams of fiber per serving (which I can't remember exactly how much a serving is, maybe 1/3 cup). They are high in good fats. I don't know if they are gonna mess with weight loss. I'll keep you guys posted. I just get so munchy in the evenings, they help and they are healthy, but I feel guilty I'm sabotaging things. Oh, the torment....
i think you'll be alright if it's not an everyday thing. 5 g carbs+5 g fiber= 0 net carbs mmmmmm, pumpkin seeds sound delish, i may try those soon.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:15 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
i think you'll be alright if it's not an everyday thing. 5 g carbs+5 g fiber= 0 net carbs mmmmmm, pumpkin seeds sound delish, i may try those soon.
I had my son hide the pumpkin seeds from me. I have been making them an everyday thing. Dang! I'm getting so sick of the damn packets! I feel like a big fat baby but those pumpkin seeds were so good. The good news (I guess, anyway) is that my CHILDREN are like the freaking gestapo monitoring my diet. It's boy version of support, I think.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:53 AM   #85  
Motivated IP-er

It makes it easier if someone is helping to hold you accountable. My guy is making my dinner every night, before he makes/gets his. So far, he's had pizza (many varieties, many times), and Chinese food. Tonight, he got Egg Rolls, and BBQ spareribs over vermicelli.

I thought I would be tempted, but the thought of 3 days to get back on track? Yikes! Although I've just completed my 6th week, I'm not really sick of the packets (although I could eat the same few things over & over, so I may not be typical).

If you want a snack, I'd try the Syntrax Nectar. They have a lot of flavors, no carbs, with 23 g protein (and sucralose, like the packets). You can feel "cheat"y, without cheating!
Old 07-01-2010, 01:57 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

I'm not so sure about the tast of this Syntrax Nectar, but there sure is some nice eye candy on the web site!!

Sgorny, do you buy this from a local store or do you order it?
Old 07-02-2010, 02:58 AM   #87  
Motivated IP-er

Motiv8edmama - I buy it, & the blender bottle, at Super Supplements. I can vouch for the good taste of the Roadside Lemonade & the Fuzzy Navel. The Vanilla Bean Torte is good, but a little thin. Wouldprobably be wonderful in skim milk!
Old 07-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #88  

Default __I HAVE A PERMISSION SLIP!______________(I gave it to myself!)

Yeah, yeah, I know we're supposed to be all strong, and brave, and have willpower, etc. etc.
But, Monday is my BIRTHDAY! And I am so looking forward to it! I am taking the day OFF!

All I've been thinking about is what I'm going to EAT! I have such a menu planned! None of this -->> None of this -->>
It will be all of this!! -->>
This will be me on Monday -->>

Then, this will be me on Tuesday -->>

I will feel like this -->>
But then I will be good
Old 07-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #89  

So I've found those Oh Yeah Bars at my local drugstore, and right now they're on sale at, guess what 0.50$ !!! They're lower in carb than the IP one, but higher in fat and calories.. à

I'm thinking it could be a good idea to have them like 1/2 day to cut the cost of IP because my credit card can't take it anymore..

Calories 210.0
Calories from Fat 117.0

Fat 13.0 g 20 %
Saturated Fat 6.0 g 30 %
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Cholesterol 2.0 mg 1 %
Sodium 135.0 mg 6 %
Potassium 0.0 mg 0 %
Carbohydrate 8.0 g 3 %
Dietary Fiber 2.0 g 8 %
Protein 14.0 g 28 %

Do you think that's alright, or am I making a big mistake ??

The taste is not really good, but for 0.50$ I can take it

Oh and : does anyone have heard about Pure Protein Drink ? They come in can and seem allright to me, I've found some at my walt mart!

Last edited by 1FCuser; 07-02-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:08 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

one piece of whole wheat toast (17 gr of carbs) with feta cheese (it was yummy); was un avoidable. I wont have vegetables with dinner to offset the issue.

interesting, I just checked the toast I had and its net carbs (has 3 fiber) and sugar is lower than any of the IP bars. So I am just going to say that I had a restricted item as my 3rd pack of the day. My first restricted in close to 2 months; that is not bad at all.

Last edited by pitakitten; 07-02-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Closed Thread