Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 10:09 PM   #16  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
Right now, I am having red wine and a boatload of food that just isn't good for me. I have been off the program for one week, dealing with a LOT of personal stress (house sale, moving to a new place, dealing with a 1-year-old who won't stop screaming and a 3-year-old that is mischievous) - went to 3 family/friends celebrations this past week and overindulged but only gained 2-3 pounds over the past week.

I tried to get back on the IP wagon today, but my stomach was hurting really bad after every IP meal. Been on the program 6 weeks, until my stomach started hurting a week ago (which is why I went off - to have crackers to ease my stomach). I'm going to try to get back on the IP train tomorrow, but with non-IP food (my coach wonders if I've developed a sensitivity to sucralose)

So, there you have it.

I am so glad you are back! I was worried you were gone after your last post and all the stress! It is nice to see you.

I understand how hard it is to do IP when you are sick. Even Sandy had to take a Dr ordered break. It does feel a bit more difficult to come back on plan after a break but you can do it. Keep trying. You will get there.

Interesting that the Dr suspects sucralose intolerance or sensitivity. I read somewhere that can happen for some people. I am sure if you ask you will get all the advice you need to do this with alternate products.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Carla: you are wonderful wonderful! I wonder where Erin is on this board if she has checked it out. I just copied what you said and saved it on my computer so can read it again and again.

AND I LOVE this board. it actually has given me motivation to keep at it

tonight the boy just made roast chicken, I made the salad (with cherry tomatoes) cauliflower, spinach. He is also getting rice and half an avacado and is nursing his beer while I am nursing my pellegrino and have my vanilla pudding chilling in the fridge.

Here is to me loosing this weight and to us all dealing with this baggage.

OH big btw, singed up with a trainer today. as of tomorrow will be doing 30 mins of weight stuff twice a week. He was very excited about it, although he didn't understand my diet, he thought I would faint. I assured him that I am not going to. Pretty big guy though...little intimidated but a very nice smile.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #18  

showgirlaz: thank you for the sweet welcome, though I'm not sure it's deserved as I'm not really back on the plan yet.

pita: congrats on the trainer! Such a big step (pun not intended) - that will definitely get you to your goal.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:00 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/157/130

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

I am so glad you are back! I was worried you were gone after your last post and all the stress! It is nice to see you.

I understand how hard it is to do IP when you are sick. Even Sandy had to take a Dr ordered break. It does feel a bit more difficult to come back on plan after a break but you can do it. Keep trying. You will get there.

Interesting that the Dr suspects sucralose intolerance or sensitivity. I read somewhere that can happen for some people. I am sure if you ask you will get all the advice you need to do this with alternate products.
This is really possible. I'm suspecting that I went really sick because of the sucralose. I've stopped my consumption to the minimum..

Here's what Dr Tran say about it : 4) Diarrhea
Diarrhea is rarely due to the protein diet.

If diarrhea is serious and persists, it may cause dehydration and a loss of potassium. Itís best to stop the diet.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:17 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

showgirlaz - Thank you for making this thread. The IP diet can be a difficult change for most people because of the dramatic change in eating habits and it helps to find alternatives to make it through.

My problem=I am trying to stop drinking Diet Pepsi - my first week restarting IP and i am down 8 pounds - had Diet Pepsi with Splenda this week once a day but had a few slip ups with the aspertame Diet Pepsi. Worried this might slow down my weightloss later.

My coach told me to try seltzer water - maybe its fiz will wean me away :-)

Elle
Old 06-15-2010, 01:33 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
showgirlaz - Thank you for making this thread. The IP diet can be a difficult change for most people because of the dramatic change in eating habits and it helps to find alternatives to make it through.

My problem=I am trying to stop drinking Diet Pepsi - my first week restarting IP and i am down 8 pounds - had Diet Pepsi with Splenda this week once a day but had a few slip ups with the aspertame Diet Pepsi. Worried this might slow down my weightloss later.

Elle
Elle: As a former Diet Coke addict (I think I had at least 8 a day) I can say that seltzer water/bubble water/sparkling water is the only reason I was able to kick the habit. I gave it up in October by gradually replacing diet cokes with bubble water, and haven't looked back. One or two slip ups, but honestly, I no longer like or long for the taste. Good luck!
Old 06-15-2010, 02:15 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I wonder where Erin is on this board if she has checked it out.

AND I LOVE this board. it actually has given me motivation to keep at it

tonight the boy just made roast chicken, I made the salad (with cherry tomatoes) cauliflower, spinach. He is also getting rice and half an avacado and is nursing his beer while I am nursing my pellegrino and have my vanilla pudding chilling in the fridge.

Here is to me loosing this weight and to us all dealing with this baggage.

OH big btw, singed up with a trainer today. as of tomorrow will be doing 30 mins of weight stuff twice a week. He was very excited about it, although he didn't understand my diet, he thought I would faint. I assured him that I am not going to. Pretty big guy though...little intimidated but a very nice smile.
Hey Pita! I am wondering about Erin too! I miss her posts today. Maybe tomorrow??

The trainer is such a great thing. Just remember his job is to push you as far as you can, you many have to help him remember to keep things in line with IP. I bet Sassy and Elizabeth and Vicjul and Carlasherea will have good tips for you!

Dinner sounded tasty. Was it? It is nice your BF cooks. Mine can but doesn't. I wish he would sometimes. At least he is willing to take me out. Tonight, was mongollian. Simple to do on plan, veggies, chicken, oil or water to cook it and I do a garlic/ginger/lemon sauce with some soy. It works

I am glad you are sticking with it and finding motivation and support to do so. Losing weight is such a hard thing for me. I have tried for YEARS! I still remember when I first gained the weight. I was in my early 20's and in a 6 month window I gained near to 20 pounds. EEEKKK! I went to my mom, she didn't know what to say, obesity is not a family issue and she ate healthy. I tried, all the wrong things. I even remember thinking, when bariatric surgery became available, "I WISH I were 70 pounds overweight so I could qualify." Well, I got half that wish! What I really wanted was that awful first 20 pounds to be gone! And, here I am today, back as I was then, wishing desperately for this last 20 pounds to be GONE! I takes determination to make change. I takes giving up things that relax and comfort us. It STINKS to have to change my social habits, I LOVE FOOD, ask me about a great restaurant in any category and if it is in Phoenix, I can tell you about it! I love to sit and relax over a long meal with friends. I show "I care" by baking and cooking. I find it a pleasure to relax with wine, coffee, drinks and friends. What I have learned is I have spent an entire life, building habits that focus on pleasuring myself with food and it hasn't been healthy for me. NOW, I am retraining myself. Life has lots of pleasures and food doesn't have to be part of, let alone all of, them. I am really trying to get to something that has meant a lot to me in the past years and when I started, I had reached the point where I could sincerely say, "I would give anything, I would do anything, Whatever it takes, For as long as it takes, to succeed at changing." So, 6 months later, I am still at it and 1 pound at a time inching closer to a goal I set 20 years ago.

I guess my point is, whatever it takes you, for as long as it takes you, keep trying. Eventually, you will get what you want and this diet (based on 20 yrs of trial and error) is a sure way of doing it.

This is one of several quotes I like. I like it because it makes me remember, I am always to some extent, responsible for where I am and where I will be.

"Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities." - John C. Maxwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
showgirlaz: thank you for the sweet welcome, though I'm not sure it's deserved as I'm not really back on the plan yet.

pita: congrats on the trainer! Such a big step (pun not intended) - that will definitely get you to your goal.
You're welcome. It is fully deserved. Just the fact that you came back and are trying is a step in the right way, change isn't always one big step, sometimes it is a string of many small steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
This is really possible. I'm suspecting that I went really sick because of the sucralose. I've stopped my consumption to the minimum..

Here's what Dr Tran say about it : 4) Diarrhea
Diarrhea is rarely due to the protein diet.

If diarrhea is serious and persists, it may cause dehydration and a loss of potassium. Itís best to stop the diet.
Good thing to remember! Potassium imbalances are really serious. How are you avoiding the sucralose now? Isn't it hard with all the IP packets using it??

Quote:

Elle
You are so welcome! It was just my typing. Really it was the brain child of Dicey Doe and others on the board.

I shouldn't encourage you, especially if you can stop, because sodas really aren't good for our health in a metabolic and hormonal way. That said, and I can SOOO say more on that topic (hehehe), I know at least one other member has kept her soda a day habit and lost just fine. If you can switch to seltzer, Like Jessica suggests, all the better! Growing up, I wasn't allowed soda so it doesn't have a pull for me. (As an adult I did learn to love a cold pepsi though.) My mom also made seltzer drinks for us kids. She would use a glass of ice, seltzer, and a candy flavoring/extract. I remember we had root beer, cola, fruit flavors, vanilla creme, etc. I think, if you wanted you could do the same thing using seltzer water, a torani/artisan/or davinci SUGAR FREE syrup or a flavored stevia. Examples in links below. Mix the ingredients and it might be a flavored seltzer kind of like and italian soda???

http://www.netrition.com/davinci_syrups_page.html
http://www4.netrition.com/cgi/prices.cgi?manu_id=248

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmama5 View Post
OHH I was beginning to think I was the only one who fell offf the wagon, it is awful I had some nuts not the worse but still not good at all
nuts are not your worse thing! Funny thing, I hated peanut butter before this diet now I crave it and beans. the only 2 cravings I have. I did some research and now wonder if it isn't because those items are high in essential fats, aminos, and potassium.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:22 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 190/157/130

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Good thing to remember! Potassium imbalances are really serious. How are you avoiding the sucralose now? Isn't it hard with all the IP packets using it??
I'm trying to avoid it the more I can. I haven't give up the IP packets with sucralose, but I don't use it in my drinks anymore, I don't add it in my coffee, or in the shake like I used to. I'm trying to be really carefull about it, but there's some things we cant avoid. I still use the IP packets with sucralose because variety is helping me to go without cheating, and I rather be sick from time to time than stop complety IP because I love it. I think sucralose in small quantities can be allright. I tried also to cut the potassium because it can give diarrhea also, but didn't found that cuting it really make a difference so now I take the IP dose!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #24  

title of this thread reminds me of the britney spears song...I swear, everytime I see it I want to put a red tight get up she had on and sing the song...

onwards.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:49 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
title of this thread reminds me of the britney spears song...I swear, everytime I see it I want to put a red tight get up she had on and sing the song...

onwards.
OMG!! Laughing so hard!!
Old 06-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #26  
Dave - The Speedo King

Okay Kids. I've been good for a while now. Started 4/7/10 and haven't cheated once (with the exception of an extra protein meal when I had steak AND crab).

Tomorrow is June 18th and IKEA is having a midsummer celebration. As I lived in Sweden for a few years I've decided to cheat, and indulge in their midsummer feast tomorrow night.

I'm down 65 lbs. from when I started, and i still have a ways to go. But this seems like a nice reward for my effort and results so far. I'm interested in my body's reaction as far as when I will feel full, and how I will react to starches, etc.

Then back on the plan on Saturday...
Old 06-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #27  

hee hee.....for the first time in over three weeks while I've watch others stress about how to eat in a restaurant while on Phase 1 - my dad has decided he would like to go to a chinese buffet in the States for his Father's Day treat. My first thought was panic when he said it - but immediately I recovered. This is my chance to prove I can do this. Neither of my parents know about me being on IP and if they have noticed any weight loss they have not said anything yet - but I may tell them on our way to the restaurant. (it is an hour away so I may have lots of time to explain the protocol to them). It will be for lunch so I will be having protein at lunch instead of dinner. I am very open if you have any menu suggestions for me.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:09 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Okay Kids. I've been good for a while now. Started 4/7/10 and haven't cheated once (with the exception of an extra protein meal when I had steak AND crab).

Tomorrow is June 18th and IKEA is having a midsummer celebration. As I lived in Sweden for a few years I've decided to cheat, and indulge in their midsummer feast tomorrow night.

I'm down 65 lbs. from when I started, and i still have a ways to go. But this seems like a nice reward for my effort and results so far. I'm interested in my body's reaction as far as when I will feel full, and how I will react to starches, etc.

Then back on the plan on Saturday...
Hi,

I've never done a cheat with carbs except maybe one or two chips. I have a feeling it will make you really tired and sleepy. so are you going to have ikea food as your cheat?? just curious.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:09 PM   #29  

pleased to say that I have nothing to report on this thread. Stay tuned though as weekend is approaching.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:

Elle
I was a Diet Coke-r for many years and quit cold turkey when I started IP. However, I have one or two La Croix waters every day. I get the fizz, a light flavor, and no garbage. It's really helped! There are a lot of flavors too.

Stacey
Closed Thread