Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 01:08 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
i think the hardest about phase 2 is that i only pay $33 per week for 2 boxes. that's disposable to me(not trying to say that it's pennies-just in my fat girl mind that's 2 dinners out a week that i'm not doing). $the 53 i pay on phase 1 is worse for me, somehow.

hubby buys "chubby hubby"(ironic to say the least) ben and jerry's at LEAST twice a week...i make his skinny as...s eat it all in one sitting. i don't want it around me. like i told you before, i am so proud of you. you are truly kicking as...s and help me through this so much
yeah I pay or paid $4 a pack which would come to $12 a day (for phase 1), close to double what you pay. Talk about over head! it was $6 per RTD boxs...each.

I was thinking the other day about all the skinny folk eating ice cream too, doesn't make sense and its not fair. Of course I hardly ate ice cream prior to this, but talk about wine...oh lets talk about that. Joy of my month was to go to wine stores and pick wine, pretty much like a kid in candy store.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:10 AM   #272  

I can NOT wait to go wine shopping again; doubt I'll be as much of a lush anymore but oh the joy of cracking that bottle open and letting it breath OR to go out and enjoy a lovely glass with a sliver of smelly cheese. alright I am done making myself drool.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:58 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
OK!!

so i'm gonna rant and rave here a minute. someone please tell me what's wrong with my demented brain!

i get to 163 friday-3 lbs from my official ip goal. i get my super smokin' hot bikini in the mail saturday-put it on-a large top and a medium bottom(with no muffin top!!). i then proceed to be proud of my accomplishments and eat chips and salsa AGAIN last night, this afternoon and this evening. GAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm now up to 166 and 3 more pounds away from goal. i have had this habit for the last 3 weekends. doing ok during the week, then weekend comes, hubby eats yummies and tells me i look great and then proceeds to tell me that some tortilla chips and salsa aren't going to do anthing to me. GAHHHHHHHH!!! again.

I HATE PHASE 2 and i HATE nsvs and losses. all they seems to do is set me up to cheat. i KNOW it's my fault for those out there who LOVE to point that out. i am slacking big time and have NOTHING in terms of what some have, to go on losing.

WTF am i doing to myself? how do i get myself out of this constant self sabotoging cycle?

i WANT to get to 155, i NEEEEEEEEED to but i contninue to do this.

i am thinking of getting back on phase 1 this week, i can't handle phase 2 to be honest with you. i need the safety of 3 packs a day and one "real meal", more than that and i lose control.

thanks for listening. i am feeling momentarily psychotic right now.
Hang in there Erin. You'll get it figured out sooner or later (on a selfish note, hopefully soon because I'm planning on getting off phase 1 come fall. We need more people posting on the Life After Phase 1 thread! lol). Seriously though, you've already proven YOU CAN change how you deal with food - you've lost weight on this incredibly strict plan - and you're feeling your way onto the next phase. I dunno, does anyone just learn to ride a two wheel bike right off the bat? No, you usually start with training wheels and then progress to the two wheels. But even then, you still fall down, brush yourself off and get back on the seat. Okay, dorky comparison, but you get the idea right? Maybe? Keep going with phase 2, don't chicken out or doubt yourself. You're a strong, capable woman, YOU CAN DO THIS. If you're honestly not ready for the next challenge/phase, then go back to where you're comfortable and rebuild your confidence. Just know you'll get there, regardless of how many times you fall.

PS: have you checked out any thrift shops/Craigslist/baby/children's second hand shops for used jogging strollers? Could be a way to get a jogger cheaper (and quicker).
Old 07-26-2010, 07:04 AM   #274  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
We need more people posting on the Life After Phase 1 thread! lol.
HA! You got THAT right!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:11 PM   #275  

SOOOOO today is my best friends birthday, she is pregnant with her second child and has the biggest sweet tooth EVER. My plan is to go buy a dozen cupcakes from trophy cupcakes, and some molly moon icecream and drop it off at her place (she is like 4 blocks from me)...

Only problem: I have to bring them home till her husband texts me and says they are back home.

this freaks me out a bit
Old 07-26-2010, 09:24 PM   #276  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
SOOOOO today is my best friends birthday, she is pregnant with her second child and has the biggest sweet tooth EVER. My plan is to go buy a dozen cupcakes from trophy cupcakes, and some molly moon icecream and drop it off at her place (she is like 4 blocks from me)...

Only problem: I have to bring them home till her husband texts me and says they are back home.

this freaks me out a bit
How r u doing w/the cupcakes and icecream? Waiting to the last minute to pick them up? Yum... Good luck.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:26 PM   #277  

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
How r u doing w/the cupcakes and icecream? Waiting to the last minute to pick them up? Yum... Good luck.
well I picked them up, on the way to the store they were home, on the way back they had gone to the beach hence they are sitting in my fridge and freezer. These are so goooood, I got the lavender ice cream, strawberry balsamic vinegar one AND a dozzen of assorted cupcakes. they are trophy cupcakes, go check them online, martha says they are the best.

I am waiting for a text from husband so I can go drop them off OR I'll just give it to her at work tomorrow

I am doing fine so far, did me pilates on demand thing, cooking pork loin roast in the oven and heading to fold laundry.

they put the cupcakes in a dozen box thing so it be obvious if I had one. I am o.k...I am o.k I am o.k.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:32 PM   #278  

Quote:

I am doing fine so far, did me pilates on demand thing, cooking pork loin roast in the oven and heading to fold laundry.

they put the cupcakes in a dozen box thing so it be obvious if I had one. I am o.k...I am o.k I am o.k.
Stay strong girl! Good luck...
[/I]
Old 07-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #279  

Height: 5'8"

pita

you are ok! you totally got this you passed up chilled wine yesterday, no cupcake stands a chance!
Old 07-26-2010, 11:05 PM   #280  

Quote:
pita

you are ok! you totally got this you passed up chilled wine yesterday, no cupcake stands a chance!
oh that made me laugh!!! you are right, I passed on the liquor so this isn't that bad.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:39 PM   #281  

Quote:
oh that made me laugh!!! you are right, I passed on the liquor so this isn't that bad.
WHO NEEDS PASTRIES?!?!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-26-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:02 AM   #282  

Quote:
WHO NEEDS PASTRIES?!?!
well the lavender ice cream is calling my name rather softly now, she has no clue I got her 2 kinds, I could just give her one and she'll be happy or give her half a dozen rather than a dozen. Just random thoughts.

you know what, I'll go have half a bar...it be half extra than what I am supposed to but at least I know what I am having.

Last edited by pitakitten; 07-27-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:09 AM   #283  

Quote:
well the lavender ice cream is calling my name rather softly now, she has no clue I got her 2 kinds, I could just give her one and she'll be happy or give her half a dozen rather than a dozen. Just random thoughts.

you know what, I'll go have half a bar...it be half extra than what I am supposed to but at least I know what I am having.

good plan, cut it up into little pieces. i thought everyone who recommended tht was crazy but i did it and it was WAY more satisfying that way
Old 07-27-2010, 12:23 AM   #284  

Quote:
good plan, cut it up into little pieces. i thought everyone who recommended tht was crazy but i did it and it was WAY more satisfying that way
go read FB.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:45 AM   #285  
Motivated IP-er

S/C/G: HW313(2007) 264(IP)/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Well, I cheated for the first time. I had a friend out visiting from Canada, and we did the whole "Twilight" thing. I tried to eat well, eating out each night - salmon (in season, and *everywhere*), over lettuce/greens, no dressing/cheese/croutons, with steamed veggies. That worked for the first 2 nights.

The third night? No steamed veggies, only sauteed (so I passed), and only smoked salmon. Kind of a dry salad. But the bread... the bread was spectacular! Crusty, great structure... and the dipping oil! It had olive tapenade as the base! I managed to eat only the crusts off 2 pieces of bread, but they were drenched in the oil...

Then came the 4th night, and... salmon (again, is that all any restaurant has now?) over a wonderful risotto (2 fork-fulls), with sauteed spinach (2 more fork-fulls). Crusts off a slice of bread, dipped in olive/balsamic. A plate of romaine lettuce with a wonderful huge homemade crouton and about 1/4 oz parmesan cheese. Oh, and a glass of pinot grigio, and about 2-3 oz vodka as an appertif. Plus a sip of my friends banana milkshake dessert.

The 5th wasn't so bad... went to Cheesecake Factory, got the Tuna Tataki Salad (without the tomatoes or avocados), then had the end 1" off the point of a Key Lime Cheesecake slice.

At least my pants don't feel any tighter... but that may be bad, as if I can eat like that and not gain... I might not be able to stick to the plan as good as I should.
Closed Thread