3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   OOPS!! - a place to talk about cheats, off protocol foods/products, NO-NOs (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/204650-oops-place-talk-about-cheats-off-protocol-foods-products-no-nos.html)

Novak 07-25-2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie (Post 3403282)
Isn't it wonderful how this thread is becoming more & more testimonies of resisting temptations, conquering oopsies?.. I'm lovin' this...

hugs :hug:

Me, too! (Are you surprised?) :D

Becca7 07-25-2010 07:39 PM

okay, so I bought the bars this week for the first time, with a plan to use them on my vacation (my coach doesn't have anything else ready-made). So I had to try them of course. Wow, kinda hard to stop eating them now. I'm still in ketosis but I ate 2 today, and I know they're restricted. I hope I still have some left by the time I get to my vacation. It's just they're so easy to eat, and obviously tempting. I think unless I get a handle on this I'll have to not buy them again... but the peanutbutter, mmmmm

Stacey41 07-25-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becca7 (Post 3403576)
okay, so I bought the bars this week for the first time, with a plan to use them on my vacation (my coach doesn't have anything else ready-made). So I had to try them of course. Wow, kinda hard to stop eating them now. I'm still in ketosis but I ate 2 today, and I know they're restricted. I hope I still have some left by the time I get to my vacation. It's just they're so easy to eat, and obviously tempting. I think unless I get a handle on this I'll have to not buy them again... but the peanutbutter, mmmmm

They are easy to eat, almost like a candy bar. Try cutting them in 8 pieces and only eating a few (slowly and with a huge glass of water) at a time. When I do this I can eat only a half a bar and be totally satisfied. Good luck!

Becca7 07-25-2010 09:03 PM

Thanks stacey, that's a good idea. I'll try it out tomorrow. :)

mamaerinb 07-25-2010 09:39 PM

OK!!

so i'm gonna rant and rave here a minute. someone please tell me what's wrong with my demented brain!

i get to 163 friday-3 lbs from my official ip goal. i get my super smokin' hot bikini in the mail saturday-put it on-a large top and a medium bottom(with no muffin top!!). i then proceed to be proud of my accomplishments and eat chips and salsa AGAIN last night, this afternoon and this evening. GAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm now up to 166 and 3 more pounds away from goal. i have had this habit for the last 3 weekends. doing ok during the week, then weekend comes, hubby eats yummies and tells me i look great and then proceeds to tell me that some tortilla chips and salsa aren't going to do anthing to me. GAHHHHHHHH!!! again.

I HATE PHASE 2 and i HATE nsvs and losses. all they seems to do is set me up to cheat. i KNOW it's my fault for those out there who LOVE to point that out. i am slacking big time and have NOTHING in terms of what some have, to go on losing.

WTF am i doing to myself? how do i get myself out of this constant self sabotoging cycle?

i WANT to get to 155, i NEEEEEEEEED to but i contninue to do this.

i am thinking of getting back on phase 1 this week, i can't handle phase 2 to be honest with you. i need the safety of 3 packs a day and one "real meal", more than that and i lose control.

thanks for listening. i am feeling momentarily psychotic right now.

xanthia 07-25-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3403708)
OK!!

so i'm gonna rant and rave here a minute. someone please tell me what's wrong with my demented brain!

i get to 163 friday-3 lbs from my official ip goal. i get my super smokin' hot bikini in the mail saturday-put it on-a large top and a medium bottom(with no muffin top!!). i then proceed to be proud of my accomplishments and eat chips and salsa AGAIN last night, this afternoon and this evening. GAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm now up to 166 and 3 more pounds away from goal. i have had this habit for the last 3 weekends. doing ok during the week, then weekend comes, hubby eats yummies and tells me i look great and then proceeds to tell me that some tortilla chips and salsa aren't going to do anthing to me. GAHHHHHHHH!!! again.

I HATE PHASE 2 and i HATE nsvs and losses. all they seems to do is set me up to cheat. i KNOW it's my fault for those out there who LOVE to point that out. i am slacking big time and have NOTHING in terms of what some have, to go on losing.

WTF am i doing to myself? how do i get myself out of this constant self sabotoging cycle?

i WANT to get to 155, i NEEEEEEEEED to but i contninue to do this.

i am thinking of getting back on phase 1 this week, i can't handle phase 2 to be honest with you. i need the safety of 3 packs a day and one "real meal", more than that and i lose control.

thanks for listening. i am feeling momentarily psychotic right now.

Erin, I hear ya girl!! I keep on messing up too. The compliments roll in, then I'm at my WW goal weight, but I want to be lover than that now. So I sabotage myself with the "but I'm in a healthy range" and screw up my week with something stupid like PB or prunes or whatever. Tonight I didn't send back my salad that they screwed up and dressed themselves they said with oil and vinegar instead of bringing it to the table. It tasted sweet so I knew it was balsamic vinaigrette. Ugh. Tasty, but I knew it was wrong and now I feel like I'm messed up for the week. We'll see on Tuesday. It is pretty embarassing to me honestly.

mamaerinb 07-25-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xanthia (Post 3403735)
Erin, I hear ya girl!! I keep on messing up too. The compliments roll in, then I'm at my WW goal weight, but I want to be lover than that now. So I sabotage myself with the "but I'm in a healthy range" and screw up my week with something stupid like PB or prunes or whatever. Tonight I didn't send back my salad that they screwed up and dressed themselves they said with oil and vinegar instead of bringing it to the table. It tasted sweet so I knew it was balsamic vinaigrette. Ugh. Tasty, but I knew it was wrong and now I feel like I'm messed up for the week. We'll see on Tuesday. It is pretty embarassing to me honestly.

feel the same way! i'm finally in "healthy range", well FRIDAY I WAS and now i'm back to being overweight because of stupid issues i have with "oh this won't hurt" or "oh this won't hurt any worse since i already hurt myself" aghh!

Soon 2 B MrsT 07-25-2010 11:07 PM

I feel the same way. It's almost like a snowball effect with cheating. One small one leads to a second....leads to a third....etc. until eventually you've gotten yourself in a rut and wondering why you sabotage yourself.

I'm completely guilty of this the past few days. My first small cheat was a Dum-Dum lollipop at work....which led to a second....and then a third.

It's all going to be ok though- the key is to get back on the wagon. I'm back on the wagon as of right now.

pitakitten 07-25-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3403753)
feel the same way! i'm finally in "healthy range", well FRIDAY I WAS and now i'm back to being overweight because of stupid issues i have with "oh this won't hurt" or "oh this won't hurt any worse since i already hurt myself" aghh!

oh dear! that is why I don't have chips and salsa, I know it can be the end as I would have so much of it. I did on june 5th (yes remember the date) though. I am different as I know it will hurt that I still do it, like my ice cream and 2 extra bars last night. I did it thinking that I had walked 4.7 miles during the day and then I was like damn girl, you are stupid! (say it with a lisp to make it sound dumber) so I went for another 2 mile walk.

today I was good but I ate a whole head of cauliflower, no idea if it was more or less than vegies I should have BUT again I headed out for a 2.5 mile walk up and down the hills and yes got me some iced decaf coffee.

I also want to say that I have NEVER gained (as far as I know) by going off the protocol and I think (am sure) its because I keep my heart pumping and metabolic rate raised up by moving so much. I even did about 30 mins of palates today.

All I am saying Erin is that you do look good, your husband does NOT care if you are 166, 163 or 143, you can get to 155 by this diet but what are you going to do after you get there? yes you can certainly stay on protocol but you got to start moving that cute arse of yours. I think my body is pumped up because I shocked it with diet and exercise.

bottom line its not the end of the world and don't be scared of phase II BUT maybe just you need to loose all you want by being in the strict phase one before moving on. I can tell you that phase 3 is harder than 2 because now you have the toast and other things handy too.

that is my 2 cents.

pitakitten 07-25-2010 11:12 PM

ASLO YES for me too re snowball effect, unless its alcohol. With food, if I do it then I do it more and more.

I am freaking out as the only stuff I have now are bars and that was the messed up thing yesterday, I had my bar and then wanted more.

mamaerinb 07-25-2010 11:20 PM

ellie,

i was SO supposed to get a jogging stroller this weekend, but didn't because of finances. you're so right and we talk about this all of this time, i've gotta get my arse moving for sure. so proud that you passed up the chilled wine;)

DARN CHIPS AND SALSA!!!!!!!!!!:stress:

jordash 07-25-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3403753)

You do look wonderful in your bikini. I'm not even at goal and worried about staying on program once allowed to eat "real food". You have come so far and been a great support to many. I think you'll figure it out - you are one smart (and lovely) :cookie:

pitakitten 07-25-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3403817)
ellie,

i was SO supposed to get a jogging stroller this weekend, but didn't because of finances. you're so right and we talk about this all of this time, i've gotta get my arse moving for sure. so proud that you passed up the chilled wine;)

DARN CHIPS AND SALSA!!!!!!!!!!:stress:

Hon, you look really good already. I understand the finances part; remember you are paying for IP food too. Just stop beating yourself up though

:) I am more proud that I threw out rest of ice cream last night as it would be really good right about now. Can you imagine me having wine and then walking home :) especially since my plan was to get it "to go" :)

mamaerinb 07-25-2010 11:28 PM

jordash

you are too wonderful and too sweet, thank you. i have to keep remembering that i am an "inspiration" to some and that my slip ups may make others think it's ok too. i realy don't want to do that.

i've told my husband my plan to go back to phase 1 for a few weeks till i hit 155, then go to phase 2, life is too tempting and i can be ok at 160, just not here at 166. i made a goal and i have to get there:)

thank you again:hug:

mamaerinb 07-25-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3403826)
Hon, you look really good already. I understand the finances part; remember you are paying for IP food too. Just stop beating yourself up though

:) I am more proud that I threw out rest of ice cream last night as it would be really good right about now. Can you imagine me having wine and then walking home :) especially since my plan was to get it "to go" :)

i think the hardest about phase 2 is that i only pay $33 per week for 2 boxes. that's disposable to me(not trying to say that it's pennies-just in my fat girl mind that's 2 dinners out a week that i'm not doing). $the 53 i pay on phase 1 is worse for me, somehow.

hubby buys "chubby hubby"(ironic to say the least) ben and jerry's at LEAST twice a week...i make his skinny as...s eat it all in one sitting. i don't want it around me. like i told you before, i am so proud of you. you are truly kicking as...s and help me through this so much;)