Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 02:02 AM   #286  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
What's for breakfast this morning?
Well for our first course we had a wonderous cup of blueberry's with plain yogurt.... my husband came up with a wonderfull creation of ground almonds, cinnamon, chia seeds and a little splenda, so I used a little of that to zesty up my yogurt and a few token fibre one bits for some added crunches.
Then I had a english muffin with 2 eggs and one slice of soy cheese.... I was stuffed.... I think I had enough fats from the ground almond & cheese... sound ok to you?

I made those breakfast cookies that Zanthia posted a link to, I had to modify as I didnt have all the exact stuff but they turned out ok... well I can tell you tomorrow when I get to try one DH says they are good except he would like raisins and cocoa i said well when you make them you can add whatever you like..... I figure they will be perfect on the days I am rushing around late...........oh whhoopps mybad thats everyday

I am gonna try those oatmeal PB cakes tomorrow I think and one cookie, I already put them away in the freezer so no temptation for more.... I hope my son likes them, they are super healthy. Ok must go to sleep was at parents all day playing outside in sun I am beat..... till brekky
Old 08-01-2010, 05:06 AM   #287  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggingirl View Post
Anyone notice that they're hungrier on Phase 3? I love the huge breakfast and I'm not hungry at all after I eat it. But after lunch, I'm hungry shortly after I eat - do you think it's the difference of "real" food/protein vs having soup? I almost want to go back to the soup - thought they were really good (and tasted better than Lindora, though Lindora is a much better price!)!
I do not recall having that experience, though it's possible that I did. Are you out of ketosis yet? I do think I feel a more normal "hungry" in Phase 4 than I did in Phase 1. I never really felt hungry on Phase 1, maybe because my body was constantly nibbling on all the fat I was toting around! If you are no longer in ketosis, that may be the case for you. It took me a few days in Phase 3 before the ketostix stopped registering... and I had been a very solid "moderate" on the color chart through Phases 1 and 2.

Wannabe is in Phase 3... maybe she can respond also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Well for our first course we had a wonderous cup of blueberry's with plain yogurt.... my husband came up with a wonderfull creation of ground almonds, cinnamon, chia seeds and a little splenda, so I used a little of that to zesty up my yogurt and a few token fibre one bits for some added crunches. Then I had a english muffin with 2 eggs and one slice of soy cheese.... I was stuffed.... I think I had enough fats from the ground almond & cheese... sound ok to you?
Sign me up!
Old 08-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #288  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

So, after I walked/jogged this morning and before my shower, I hopped onto my snazzy body composition scale with the bells and whistles, to see if it was whistling a different tune since I did readings at the end of Phase 2. While I realize that the accuracy of the data can vary greatly, the numbers were going in the right direction: body fat was down another 2.2%, and muscle up 1.5%.

But my favorite metric by far is the "body age;" I was down another 2 years since finishing the weight loss phases. When I started IP, my body was 60 years old and felt it (this was greater than my chronological age, BTW). Today, after walking/jogging 6.5 miles, I was 41... and felt it.

I have no idea how this metric is computed, but I've got to love a diet that makes me feel 19 years younger.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

You are my inspiration, honey. I would give my eye teeth to feel 41 again. LOL.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

well for the first time on phase 3 I had a different breakfast than muesli/fruit/yogurt mixture.

One toast with light butter, one egg, 2 small pieces of canadian bacon and about 5 yummy strawberries. I know I probably should have had 2 pieces of toast but could not eat anymore, that was around 9 and hungry now after doing chores so opted for a light laughing cow cheese.

regardless, change in breakfast was nice.

scale at home isn't moving much anymore, hoping it will stay and at least not move up. I can't remember how long it takes before you get your glycogen reserves back.

Novak: 6.5 miles, very nice...gave me a thought: instead of trying to fix the faulty stupid washer in the water hose and dragging pots from here to there which no one notices but me, I am just going to put a bucket under the faucet and head for a walk

Last edited by pitakitten; 08-01-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #291  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Novak: 6.5 miles, very nice...gave me a thought: instead of trying to fix the faulty stupid washer in the water hose and dragging pots from here to there which no one notices but me, I am just going to put a bucket under the faucet and head for a walk
Excellent decision!
Old 08-01-2010, 04:21 PM   #292  

Default I shouldn't even be asking this yet, but...

I've noticed the breakfasts in Phases 3 and 4 often include an egg AND bacon or ham, or 2 eggs, and yet everything I read on the protocol sheets or from Dr. T's website say one protein. Are there guidelines somewhere on what constitutes "one"?

Just curious......and dreaming of eggs and bacon on an English muffin...
Old 08-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
I've noticed the breakfasts in Phases 3 and 4 often include an egg AND bacon or ham, or 2 eggs, and yet everything I read on the protocol sheets or from Dr. T's website say one protein. Are there guidelines somewhere on what constitutes "one"?

all I know is that 2 egss = one protein based on the protein note on phase 1 and 2. So I figure 1 egg and 2 small pieces of ham = one protein. I might be wrong though.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:36 PM   #294  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
all I know is that 2 egss = one protein based on the protein note on phase 1 and 2. So I figure 1 egg and 2 small pieces of ham = one protein. I might be wrong though.
For Phase 3, use the tables in the explanation sheet to total up all the component parts to set up your breakfast menu... or use the sample menus. Either way, you want to get close to the numbers (calories, carbs, protein, fat) you're supposed to hit. For example, the "All American" calls for 2 eggs and 3 bacon slices. I often had 2 eggs on an English muffin with (veggie) bacon. Yum.

For Phase 4, the guidelines are much broader... there are no real number targets to hit; just try to include all the food groups noted. It's time to get on with life, and not stress about measuring everything (unless, of course, you choose to.)

Either way, breakfast is wonderful.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Novak:

What brand/type is your scale and do you like it? When I get to goal, I'm going to buy one. I don't have one now, as you can imagine, I would be a terrible scale hopper who would get angry every time I was up, so not knowing is better for me. Once a week, that way I don't drive myself batty weighing myself every 20 minutes when I'm home. (Ok, I don't think I'd be that bad, but I would be bad enough to not want one now).
Old 08-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #296  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Novak:

What brand/type is your scale and do you like it? When I get to goal, I'm going to buy one. I don't have one now, as you can imagine, I would be a terrible scale hopper who would get angry every time I was up, so not knowing is better for me. Once a week, that way I don't drive myself batty weighing myself every 20 minutes when I'm home. (Ok, I don't think I'd be that bad, but I would be bad enough to not want one now).
See message #34 in this thread. There's even a picture!

I my scale.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #297  

Quote:
For Phase 3, use the tables in the explanation sheet to total up all the component parts to set up your breakfast menu... or use the sample menus.
Novak, thanks! I'd forgotten about the explanation sheet for phase 3, even though I downloaded it and carefully filed it in my IP folder on my desktop. Is it possible I am losing weight in my brain?

It all seems much clearer now.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #298  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Novak, thanks! I'd forgotten about the explanation sheet for phase 3, even though I downloaded it and carefully filed it in my IP folder on my desktop. Is it possible I am losing weight in my brain?

It all seems much clearer now.
It was obviously just a temporary loss
Old 08-02-2010, 12:21 AM   #299  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:

My scale is the Omron 514 (see below).
Arrrrrrrgh. I just went back to #34 and saw that it was addressed to me. And I never saw it, or I would have answered. I'm more than a little mortified.

So better late than never? [I hope you're smiling.] I live on the Big Island in Hilo. I was VPAA at the university before I retired and spent a LOT of time on the Manoa campus for meetings. In the old days, pre-9/11, I used to be able to leave the house as my flight was incoming, dash to the airport, use my Aloha VIP card, skirting the long lines, and it would take less time to fly 260 miles to Oahu than it took to drag through Honolulu morning traffic to the UH campus. Both Aloha and dashes gone with the wind. Traffic Isle not missed a whole lot.

So, thank you, belatedly and sincerely, for all the information between that post and now. [Chagrin smiley here.] Sheeze, I'm so embarrassed.

Last edited by Linden; 08-02-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:36 AM   #300  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Ok... so I am still not hungry in phase 3 have to remind myself to get in that snack at night... I made those breakfast cookies they are so yummy I had them for breakfast instead of PB oatcakes, my boy loves them too, which is great. I did alter them a little... used almond butter instead of PB and some WF PB mixed with PB2, used bran buds instead of flakes, added chia seeds.... I used what I had in the pantry, maybe next time I will do them in a pan and then cut into bars.
Novak - ur welcome to join us for breakky anytime as long as you dont mind dodging the odd blueberry.. my son is a food flinger, its great when we are in a rush...I usually have to change before leaving and I always have a tide to go in my purse.
I will have to wait till next weekend for the oatcakes, one day they will be mine... oh yes
Novak do you use any bulk protein in your cooking? BevS I think you may have mentioned that you do before can you tell me what is the best to have to add to cooking... I am just thinking how I can incorporate more protein without eating to much meat and such, do the bulk powders come in plain? Is there a brand you would recommend... sorry if this has been asked before..

Breath .....Way to get out all my words at once

Last edited by WannabeIP; 08-02-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Closed Thread