3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Life After Phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/204492-life-after-phase-1-a.html)

makeitmatter 08-23-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3449721)

I've never been a person who gets compliments like I've been getting since finishing IP, but I'm working hard to get used to it.

You'll all have to get used to it, too. ;)

How wonderful for you Novak! I'm getting jealous though: you get compliments from complete strangers about your butt AND by people who haven't seen you in ages. AND your fancy scale tells you how young you are! Well girl, you've earned it 100%!

I love the coincidence of timing. Today at work I was reflecting upon how I handle compliments from others and also in how I try to recognize/appreciate/notice others. I have no problem telling others I appreciate them or the work they do. I'm also the dork who tells random strangers the outfit (dress/shoes/purse/color...) they're wearing looks great on them (no, I don't tell people their butts look good). So why do I have a hard time recieving positive feedback? Hmmmmm... Something to work on.

Here's a challenge for everyone for the rest of the week: sincerely give a compliment to at least 2 people (with one of them being a stranger) each day for the rest of the week. Yes, as my kids constantly remind me, I am a dork. But seriously, we all know how one positive comment from people on this forum can make our day, so let's take it outside of these computer walls and see what happens.

SylvieG 08-24-2010 10:18 AM

You are sooo true about receiving compliments - way harder than to give!

Hit the dreaded plateau again, I've been stuck around 140 since friday... However, my jogging skills have improved: as of this morning, 4 km (2 1/2 miles) in 28 min with only 6 min of walking! (That is up 1 km and and 8 jogging minutes in a week.) Wonder if this exercise is related to the plateau? Do you remember if the lady from Ottawa talked about that this summer??

Keep the good work everyone! ;)

yinyang 08-24-2010 12:03 PM

My losses on phase 1 had slowed down to between 1-2# a week, so my coach twice, has wanted me to go to phase 2 for a couple weeks to try to switch things up and get the losses coming again. Every time I go to phase 2, I gain a couple pounds.

Granted, and honestly, I have relaxed my choices a little. I have been a few times a week, having bleu cheese dressing, that has fat but no sugar. Maybe a few croutons on my salad etc. But I can't think that would cause the weight gain -- or does it?

I am wanted to lose another 20#, but at this rate I don't know if I can. I am so afraid what is going to happen when I go off phase 1 for good. Any ideas for me or do I need to just chill out on this?

I'm svelting! 08-24-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yinyang (Post 3450959)
My losses on phase 1 had slowed down to between 1-2# a week, so my coach twice, has wanted me to go to phase 2 for a couple weeks to try to switch things up and get the losses coming again. Every time I go to phase 2, I gain a couple pounds.

Granted, and honestly, I have relaxed my choices a little. I have been a few times a week, having bleu cheese dressing, that has fat but no sugar. Maybe a few croutons on my salad etc. But I can't think that would cause the weight gain -- or does it?

I am wanted to lose another 20#, but at this rate I don't know if I can. I am so afraid what is going to happen when I go off phase 1 for good. Any ideas for me or do I need to just chill out on this?

What phase are you on now? If phase 2, try doing 1-2 weeks of strict phase 2 -- eat exactly what's "prescribed," no extras. It's hard for you, your coach, or anyone else to know if phase 2 is working for you if you're not following it. :) :goodluck:

Novak 08-24-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yinyang (Post 3450959)
My losses on phase 1 had slowed down to between 1-2# a week, so my coach twice, has wanted me to go to phase 2 for a couple weeks to try to switch things up and get the losses coming again. Every time I go to phase 2, I gain a couple pounds.

Granted, and honestly, I have relaxed my choices a little. I have been a few times a week, having bleu cheese dressing, that has fat but no sugar. Maybe a few croutons on my salad etc. But I can't think that would cause the weight gain -- or does it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcw32 (Post 3450989)
What phase are you on now? If phase 2, try doing 1-2 weeks of strict phase 2 -- eat exactly what's "prescribed," no extras. It's hard for you, your coach, or anyone else to know if phase 2 is working for you if you're not following it. :) :goodluck:

Uh, yeah... you are not on the protocol, so that can make you gain weight. Not sure why you decided to "relax your choices", but that's not going to help you kick-start your losses... it's just going to slow or stop them.

:coach: Get back on plan!

yinyang 08-24-2010 12:48 PM

Thanks Novak and lcw32. I needed a kick in the ****!! I have been on IP since mid-March, and I guess I am just getting tired. But, I am not going to meet my goals by fudging the program. Where of where is the magic bullet? The best advice, and sometimes the hardest to hear, is the truth spoken by those who have been there. :^:

Novak 08-24-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yinyang (Post 3451065)
Thanks Novak and lcw32. I needed a kick in the ****!! I have been on IP since mid-March, and I guess I am just getting tired. But, I am not going to meet my goals by fudging the program. Where of where is the magic bullet? The best advice, and sometimes the hardest to hear, is the truth spoken by those who have been there. :^:

We say it with love... :hug:

Midlife Meggie 08-25-2010 01:09 PM

Bump. Because I love this thread. :)

Novak 08-26-2010 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie (Post 3452515)
Bump. Because I love this thread. :)

:hug:

Midlife Meggie 08-26-2010 06:53 AM

I really think this thread should be Stickied. It's such a great reference tool and source of encouragement to those of us still "in the zone." Moderators?

Novak 08-26-2010 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie (Post 3453514)
I really think this thread should be Stickied. It's such a great reference tool and source of encouragement to those of us still "in the zone." Moderators?

I'm exploring that option...

makeitmatter 08-26-2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie (Post 3453514)
I really think this thread should be Stickied. It's such a great reference tool and source of encouragement to those of us still "in the zone." Moderators?

Morning everyone! I agree (with making this thread a sticky, but not with individuals who are in denial about trying on clothing)(lol).

Ruthxxx 08-26-2010 10:55 AM

This thread is now stickied for reference purposes and will be edited to contain essential information at a later date. Please start a new Life After Thread if you wish.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.