3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Life After Phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/204492-life-after-phase-1-a.html)

xanthia 08-10-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3429876)
haha, thanks for calming me down xanthia;) down two lbs from yesterday this morning. i feel so guilty eating so much. nonfat plain greek yogurt with a little splenda and vanilla extract is my new favorite and i'm thrilled to have whole wheat english muffins but it just feels so WRONG!:lol:

I'm counting on you calming me down in a few weeks girl! This is the part where people freak out because you are introducing balance back into your life. Losing weight is easy compared to maintenance. Losing weight is black and white, and maintenance is a grey area. Your body WILL find balance, but it has been in a chaotic state for how long now? It needs time to get back into that healthy swing of things.

You've learned a lot of good tools with this diet. Veggies at lunch and dinner is a good one. So on maintenance you might have pizza, but it might be a slice or two with a salad and some veg! Not just the old way of slamming down as much pizza as you can and washing it down with cheezy bread or whatever. Having a good fulfilling breakfast will help your whole day as well, as opposed to downing a coffee and a sugar filled treat and setting yourself up for a bad day of eating.

WannabeIP 08-10-2010 11:04 AM

Another good tool that I have heard is eat your protein first, veggies and then carbs, this is exactly the opposite of how I used to eat and I love zanthia's idea about putting veggies under the carbs to make it look like more, I am a big eater or I guess used to be so I go for quantity but I also like yummy food..... oh lets face it I :love: good food!!!!

pitakitten 08-10-2010 12:54 PM

Hey Erin:

maybe you just gained your glycogen reserves and are a very lucky IPer???

as for me, I haven't gained a pound after my weekend away. Of course that is on my own scale, we'll see the truth tonight on the gym scale.

mamaerinb 08-10-2010 01:26 PM

ellie

not sure if i'd consider the 3 lbs lucky:lol:

i'm forcing myself to not workout today and telling myself the 3 lbs is all the muscle i've gained from working out this past week and it will just MELT my fat off soon.RIIIIIIIIIIGHTTTT;)

wannabe
great idea eating the types of foods in a certain order. might not ever eat carbs that way!:lol:

[B]xanthia[/B
i'll be here! kind of thinking about staying on phase 3 till i'm down again to at least 162-163 again, who knows how long ip will have control of my life!

Golfergirl67 08-10-2010 02:24 PM

Hello all you wonderful gals!!! I have made it to Phase 2 but i it feels overwelming. Ugh more meat for lunch, i cant even think about more. What the heck, is it really important to have meat for lunch and dinner or can i just pretend and have my protein packs:( please help, before IP i was a terrible eater, no breaky, no lunch only dinner and snack and now i am accustomed to phase 1, help all you smart ppl please

WannabeIP 08-11-2010 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3429378)
started phase 3 today and up 5 lbs. sorry to be a party poooper but this isn't what i signed up for..

have a coach that goes from phase 1 one week to eating whatever's around the next. starting to wonder if i don't have the best guidance.

WOW... Your coach sounds like she needs some coaching:?:... sorry

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3429403)
do you add an egg white to the mix? it doesn't say to do so on the instructions but that's THE ONLY way its ever worked for me:-/

That is a perfect idea

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 3429556)
Erin's suggestion about the egg white is a good one, especially if you want pancakes with a little more body. I add carbonated water rather than plain because it makes the pancakes fluffy light. Then the trick, for me, is to do CC's thing with the shaker. Maybe not for 6 minutes though.

I will also give this a try and see what works out best... I dont have a shake weight so the egg white may lose by default.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfergirl67 (Post 3430433)
Hello all you wonderful gals!!! I have made it to Phase 2 but i it feels overwelming. Ugh more meat for lunch, i cant even think about more. What the heck, is it really important to have meat for lunch and dinner or can i just pretend and have my protein packs:( please help, before IP i was a terrible eater, no breaky, no lunch only dinner and snack and now i am accustomed to phase 1, help all you smart ppl please

Yepper afraid so its back to 2 regular proteins a day for you missy.... sometimes in a real bind I would use a packet but really you need to phase off correctly ....gradually introducing more lean proteins which also increases your calories and your fats a little before you hit glorious phase 3, ....

Novak 08-11-2010 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannabeIP (Post 3431296)
Yepper afraid so its back to 2 regular proteins a day for you missy.... sometimes in a real bind I would use a packet but really you need to phase off correctly ....gradually introducing more lean proteins which also increases your calories and your fats a little before you hit glorious phase 3, ....

Hey, speaking of glorious Phase 3, it seems to me you've got a transition to Phase 4 coming up this week... are you ready for it?

I'll be in NH, but I think I'd better make it a point to check up on you every so often in case a crisis arises! I don't want you having a panic attack or anything. ;)

WannabeIP 08-11-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3431476)
Hey, speaking of glorious Phase 3, it seems to me you've got a transition to Phase 4 coming up this week... are you ready for it?

I'll be in NH, but I think I'd better make it a point to check up on you every so often in case a crisis arises! I don't want you having a panic attack or anything. ;)

Oh yeh of little faith, I have learned from the best :p I will be just fine not too worry but thanks, I am ready for 4..... I will keep it simple just do what I have been for the most part, I will be away for awhile too so if I dont check in dont worry..... I will return at the same or a lower weight then when I left ;) if I do have a crisis I will track you down however, where you going again? Just kidding... have a great time with your family, wish your Mom Happy Birthday from your crazy forum buddy:dizzy:

FYI- Breakfast bars- So I have made the bars that Xanthia posted, subbed half quino flour for ww flour, used PB2 instead of real peanut butter, just brown sugar slenda, to cut back on carbs & fat and added more protein, they came out really well, I made them into bars rather than cookies and I added cocoa which I discovered is 1 net carb per tbs

pitakitten 08-11-2010 03:26 PM

hello Avacado! I had missed you sooooooooooo much!

Novak 08-12-2010 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannabeIP (Post 3431812)
Oh yeh of little faith, I have learned from the best :p I will be just fine not too worry but thanks, I am ready for 4.....

I have all the faith in the world... but I know how it felt to have the net pulled out from under me when I kissed Phase 3 goodbye... (or tried to!) :)

WannabeIP 08-12-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3433113)
I have all the faith in the world... but I know how it felt to have the net pulled out from under me when I kissed Phase 3 goodbye... (or tried to!) :)

I am gonna keep it simple to start... you know I was thinking geez what am I gonna have for my first treat (no longer a cheat) there is really nothing that I can think of, how strange is that:?: When your on all you can think about is what you cant have now that I am done I can be bothered.... I think I need help.... oh wait I have you and all the other maintainers :coach: some of the best coachs around to :kickbutt: if need be. :hug:

stacerp 08-13-2010 09:38 AM

Bumping this...because I love reading about my future :D

pitakitten 08-13-2010 09:54 AM

Holding steady, first week of maintenance almost done. I think I can handle this as long as I keep exercising regularly.

Novak 08-14-2010 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stacerp (Post 3434916)
Bumping this...because I love reading about my future :D

Thanks for the bump! :hug:

I predict that your future will be very bright!! :D

coloheather 08-14-2010 10:11 AM

Hi y'all. I haven't been posting on the boards, but can I join you Life After Phase 1ers?! I'm starting Phase 2 today, but am having a few doubts about it. I keep thinking maybe I should stay on Phase 1 another couple of weeks to lose another 5 lbs or so (and try to get to the ever elusive size 4), but I'm also happy with myself for the first time in years when I look in the mirror, so decided to phase out. Has anyone struggled with when the right time is to start Phase 2? I'm looking forward to it, but afraid that I should stick with Phase 1 a little longer. I'm also going on vacation in the middle of September, so I'm thinking I will do better if I'm on Phase 3 by then.

Congrats to all of you on maintenance. You look fantastic (and I bet feel it too!)