3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Life After Phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/204492-life-after-phase-1-a.html)

Novak 07-18-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sqklein (Post 3392211)
Can someone post the phase sheets?

The latest versions for 3 and 4 are in the IP Phases Sticky... Jordanna posted 6/21.

Phases 1 and 2 were posted 5/25.

I'm svelting! 07-18-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sqklein (Post 3392211)
Can someone post the phase sheets?

Phase 3 & 4 sheets in .pdf format are available on page 3 of the Ideal Protein Phases "Sticky" thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...et-phases.html

See Jordanna's post on 6-21-2010

====
Oops, I forgot about individual settings. :o See Novak's message above or below for the message #.

Novak 07-18-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcw32 (Post 3392221)

See Jordanna's post, the 5th one from the top.

Actually, this depends on how many messages you view per page... there are different settings.

But the link is correct, and messages dated 5/25 and 6/21 are the latest versions of the phases, which have changed on occasion. :)

rocknrealtor 07-19-2010 01:21 AM

Hi All! I hope you don't mind me intruding in this discussion thread, but everyone seems to knowledgable! Kudos to everyone who has done so well! I DO have a question. With all of the talk about PHASE 1 and the pancreas resting....I'm getting nervous. I've been on Phase 1 for 16 weeks and am down 43 pounds. I have not been totally faithful throughout the program w/carbs as I do have the occasional bite (or bites) of bread while out, an occasional M&M and I DO dip my fork in regular dressing w/my salads. I cannot STAND the Waldon Farms dressings and I've tried them all. That being said.....am I in for a rude awakening when I go to PHASE 2? Have I not been totally free of carbs; thus messing up how my pancreas will react to that phase and beyond? Even when I was 100% on the program I was barely in ketosis...and am just now occasionally in it! I hate to be bad, but I cannot and will not eat my spinach salads without at least a tablespoon of dressing. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!

chimpchamp 07-19-2010 04:10 AM

Has anyone had any mouth ulcers / sores when doing IP? I've got a small sore on the roof of my mouth and now I have a swollen area on my gum line. I'll see a doc about it, but I'm just curious if anyone else has had any issue with this. I know stress and other things can cause a bunch of ridiculous symptoms but I think I better get this checked out.

Novak 07-19-2010 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrealtor (Post 3393080)
Hi All! I hope you don't mind me intruding in this discussion thread, but everyone seems to knowledgable! Kudos to everyone who has done so well! I DO have a question. With all of the talk about PHASE 1 and the pancreas resting....I'm getting nervous. I've been on Phase 1 for 16 weeks and am down 43 pounds. I have not been totally faithful throughout the program w/carbs as I do have the occasional bite (or bites) of bread while out, an occasional M&M and I DO dip my fork in regular dressing w/my salads. I cannot STAND the Waldon Farms dressings and I've tried them all. That being said.....am I in for a rude awakening when I go to PHASE 2? Have I not been totally free of carbs; thus messing up how my pancreas will react to that phase and beyond? Even when I was 100% on the program I was barely in ketosis...and am just now occasionally in it! I hate to be bad, but I cannot and will not eat my spinach salads without at least a tablespoon of dressing. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!

This is an open forum... you are certainly not intruding!

I doubt you have been in and out of ketosis judging by your description, though you may have slowed yourself down. Are you basing this on the use of Ketostix? Or have you stopped losing/started gaining and had to go through a few days to get back on track?

If it's the Ketostix, then I wouldn't worry too much. If you've read Wannabe's posts, you know that she never really registered on the stix, and my sister had a similar track record--yet both lost very well on the diet, and were obviously burning fat like crazy.

I do not think you will have a problem. Of course, it is best to NOT cheat, so try to stay on plan the best you can from now on. Just make sure you follow Phase 3 correctly. When you start reintroducing carbs, you want your insulin to spike once a day--after breakfast, and not the rest of the day. If you eat things you're not supposed to, you may cause your pancreas to secrete insulin again, which upsets the pattern you are trying to set.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimpchamp (Post 3393136)
Has anyone had any mouth ulcers / sores when doing IP? I've got a small sore on the roof of my mouth and now I have a swollen area on my gum line. I'll see a doc about it, but I'm just curious if anyone else has had any issue with this. I know stress and other things can cause a bunch of ridiculous symptoms but I think I better get this checked out.

Hi, chimpchamp! Glad you stopped by! Hey, I have developed a funny bump on the inside of my cheek, but I don't think it had anything to do with the diet. But let us know what the doc says.

Linden 07-19-2010 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimpchamp (Post 3393136)
Has anyone had any mouth ulcers / sores when doing IP? I've got a small sore on the roof of my mouth and now I have a swollen area on my gum line. I'll see a doc about it, but I'm just curious if anyone else has had any issue with this. I know stress and other things can cause a bunch of ridiculous symptoms but I think I better get this checked out.

I had cold sores on the corners of my mouth days 2-5. Stress? I don't think so because I didn't experience any of the common early days symptoms: nausea, hunger, jitters, etc. I actually felt good. Are you allergic to eggs?

BevS 07-19-2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrealtor (Post 3393080)
Hi All! I hope you don't mind me intruding in this discussion thread, but everyone seems to knowledgable! Kudos to everyone who has done so well! I DO have a question. With all of the talk about PHASE 1 and the pancreas resting....I'm getting nervous. I've been on Phase 1 for 16 weeks and am down 43 pounds. I have not been totally faithful throughout the program w/carbs as I do have the occasional bite (or bites) of bread while out, an occasional M&M and I DO dip my fork in regular dressing w/my salads. I cannot STAND the Waldon Farms dressings and I've tried them all. That being said.....am I in for a rude awakening when I go to PHASE 2? Have I not been totally free of carbs; thus messing up how my pancreas will react to that phase and beyond? Even when I was 100% on the program I was barely in ketosis...and am just now occasionally in it! I hate to be bad, but I cannot and will not eat my spinach salads without at least a tablespoon of dressing. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!

Everyone is welcome on this thread! Congrats on losing 43 pounds in 16 weeks! That is wonderful!

Actually, it's best to show trace amounts of ketones instead of more. You lose more weight at trace. Plus you are properly hydrated. If you aren't getting ravenously hungry, then you probably are in ketosis. I didn't worry much with the ketostix.

The real dressing is probably more fat than carbs, and fat won't mess with ketosis. You just have to burn it before you burn your own body's fat. I would at least check the label to make sure you're not adding a bunch of carbs. Plus you can make your own dressing with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and herbs. A bit of Splenda or stevia will cut the sour flavor a bit.

Listen to Novak when it comes to Phase 3, and you'll be just fine.

WannabeIP 07-19-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3390600)
...waves hello to everyone....

sorry I haven't been around much lately. something crazy has happened in my life...

When I moved to phase 3 & 4 I was feeling really really crappy. My stomach hurt all the time and I was exhausted and I attributed it to reintroducing carbs in to my life & processing animal proteins again...I talked to my coach and she did a bunch of research and she couldn't find anyone who was having the same problems as me so she gave me some enzymes to see if that would help...but before I started taking them my husband came back in to town and I told him how I was feeling. That evening he went to the grocery store to pick up some milk & when he came home he threw a pregnancy test at me and told me to take it...I was skeptical because as many of you know we adopted our little guy Hudson after trying to get pregnant for 6 years...

long story short, three pregnancy tests later I finally believe it...I'm pregnant!

We're not very far along, only 7.5 weeks...but ya we're really excited and hoping for the best.

So as a warning to everyone who doesn't want to get pregnant... IP helps people get pregnant when they couldn't even after trying for 6 years and went on every fertility drug out there.... so watch out!

PS - to all my peeps on facebook please don't mention it publicly on facebook as we haven't told many of our "real life" friends because my parents are out of town and I don't want everyone we know to know before they do.

WHHHOOOOTTT WHHOOOOOOO.......:carrot::carrot::carrot: oh I am so happy for you all....:hug::hug: I was actually gonna ask you if you would try again after weight loss... my freind went on IP lost 24 pounds in 4 weeks and got preggers after trying for some time... that gives me lots of encouragement it took us a long time to have our son and we want more so hopefully this weight loss will make it easier. I had read your blog and we were on the verge of signing up for adopting when we found out...so I can totally relate to your story. Oh I am so excited for you......

WannabeIP 07-19-2010 11:13 AM

Novak- Immmmmmmmm back... I couldnt get a signal even standing on the picnic table, trust me I tried... oh well it was a great weekend. I did really well with my eating till sat night and then it went to pot.... well to chocolate really. Sunday didnt go much better-(better to post on the NONO page), so yes the scale was up this morning as I knew it would be. So I am testing the protocal, strict phase 1 today and I am sure it will all be gone tomorrow.... I love IP... not that I promote bad eating but it does happen once in awhile but I didnt cry when I stepped on the scale this morning... I was like OK so phase 1, it didnt define me... I just needed to change my lunch pack and off I went on my merry way... to me that is worth every single penny I have spent on this program. Made some bad choices and that is OK...enough about that Happppyy Day to all, oh yes I am already back in ketosis too, hee hee.

SylvieG 07-19-2010 11:23 AM

[QUOTE=jordanna;3390600long story short, three pregnancy tests later I finally believe it...I'm pregnant![/QUOTE]

Congratulations Jordanna! :hug: :D

142 this morning... one meal at a time!

Novak 07-19-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannabeIP (Post 3393515)
Novak- Immmmmmmmm back... I couldnt get a signal even standing on the picnic table, trust me I tried... oh well it was a great weekend. I did really well with my eating till sat night and then it went to pot.... well to chocolate really. Sunday didnt go much better-(better to post on the NONO page), so yes the scale was up this morning as I knew it would be. So I am testing the protocal, strict phase 1 today and I am sure it will all be gone tomorrow.... I love IP... not that I promote bad eating but it does happen once in awhile but I didnt cry when I stepped on the scale this morning... I was like OK so phase 1, it didnt define me... I just needed to change my lunch pack and off I went on my merry way... to me that is worth every single penny I have spent on this program. Made some bad choices and that is OK...enough about that Happppyy Day to all, oh yes I am already back in ketosis too, hee hee.

Jeez, I no sooner post a "Stick to the Phase 3 protocol" lecture :angel:, and you come back with a Phase 3 cheat story :devil:.

:coach: You're not supposed to do that until Phase 4!! What am I going to do with you? :?:

Oh, I almost forgot... welcome back!

pitakitten 07-19-2010 02:47 PM

Need a pep talk. Went off badly this past weekend. Things I haven't had in months. Very slugish today both physically and mentally. Only thing I want to do is sleep. Haven't gained any weight but am sure I will soon. I really don't want to gain it all back, I will be devastated. :( would like to go for a walk but my brain says "what's the point". Feel horrible.

WannabeIP 07-19-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3393819)
Jeez, I no sooner post a "Stick to the Phase 3 protocol" lecture :angel:, and you come back with a Phase 3 cheat story :devil:.

:coach: You're not supposed to do that until Phase 4!! What am I going to do with you? :?:

Oh, I almost forgot... welcome back!

I'm sorry :( coach It was the lack of internet :dizzy: I lost my way.... but I am found. So now I will just have to do an extra week of phase 3 as I will still be faithfull to the protocal ... master yoda. :p Thanks, I missed you too!!!

Novak 07-19-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3394040)
Need a pep talk. Went off badly this past weekend. Things I haven't had in months. Very slugish today both physically and mentally. Only thing I want to do is sleep. Haven't gained any weight but am sure I will soon. I really don't want to gain it all back, I will be devastated. :( would like to go for a walk but my brain says "what's the point". Feel horrible.

It's difficult for me to comment on your situation, since we have clearly not been on the same diet. :)

My advice is as it has been all along: follow the IP protocol, if you want the IP results. That is the program I know quite a bit about. If you don't mind getting different results, follow whatever adaptations you care to make, but I really can't help you with the course that plan may take.

Sorry! :shrug:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.