Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #376  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Kelsey - Thanks for the concern, I'm okay. I just wasn't feeling well at all for the last couple of days, really low blood pressure (72 over 54 - was the lowest I saw) and feeling faint and dizzy...so I didn't really do a lot, including getting online

I'm bummed today, I was up over 2 lbs putting me back at 203.4 and I'm sure as usual it's water weight but I just can't understand it, and it's really getting me down. In my entire dieting life I'll I've ever wanted to do was get below 200 lbs, and I just can't seem to reach it....no matter how hard I try.

Glad your back! I was out yesterday, so I tried to post via blackberry, but I don't see the post, so who knows! Anyway, I know you're the one always encouraging us, but let us encourage you! You will get there. You know it in your heart! Be stubborn and it will come to you.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:55 AM   #377  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywelch View Post
What is PB2 ? And where do we get it?
PB2 is powdered peanut butter. Its way lower in fat and carbs than normal peanut butter. You should be able to find it at any health food store. I think you could also order it online. Let me know what you think!
Old 06-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #378  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Talking The IP and YOU Survey results are in

First of all, thank you all for taking the survey!!! We had 35 people participate, and I think that's a good solid number for our results!

Our group has lost a over 1,000 lbs! WOW We are good!

Our group loses at an average of 3.26 lbs per week!

We follow the plan:

11.4% Exactly
82.9% say 95% of the time pretty close
5.7% Not so much - cheat a little

How many veggies do we eat with our lunches?

65.7% Exactly 2 cups
20% 1 cup
8.6% 0 cups
5.7% more than 2 cups

How many veggies do we eat with our suppers?

77.1% Exactly 2 cups
11.4% 1 cup
11.4% more than 2 cups

How much water are we drinking daily?

8.6% Exactly 64 oz
20% ony 40 - 60 oz
71.4% More than 64 oz

How much Sea Salt are we getting in daily?

42.9% Exactly 1/2 teaspoon
31.4% greater than 1/2 teaspoon
14.3% less than 1/2 teaspoon
11.4% 1 whole teaspoon

How many restricted IP items are we eating?

11.4% Ona a day
11.4% One every other day
5.7% One per week
14.3% 2 -3 per week
28.6% Rarely
28.6 Never

How many of us are getting chiropractic adjustments?

2.9% Weekly
17.1% Every few weeks
80% No
Old 06-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #379  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinoa1823 View Post
Hey all, feeling blah today....this is week four for me and my insides are all sorts of clogged up(not to be too graphic lol). I tried some antioxy tea but to no avail. I remember talk of magnesium in one of the threads. is that something that might help? Gotta do something, the cramps are not awesomeness. lol

Hope everyone is enjoying thier weekend
My coach sold me a product called Novi-Lax for constipation. She indicated that many people have the big C while on IP. It really does work. I am only on week two so I am still trying to determine exactly how often and how much to take. You may want to ask your coach about it.

I just found a new use for my IP shaker. I was making breakfast for my hubby and decided to use my shaker to mix his scrambled eggs. Mixed perfectly. What a great little shaker.

Okay. As hubby was eating the breakfast that I so kindly fixed for him, I metioned with excitement that my fat pants were feeling a little loose. He replies smugly: "Let's not get carried away here. 5.5 pounds does not make our pants loose." I wanted to cry. Of course now as I am trying to adjust my bad attitude, I am thinking that after I meet my goal I might need to shed another 140 pounds! That 140 would be alot easier to get rid of! Say a prayer for him today! He will need it.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:37 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 209/184/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
My coach sold me a product called Novi-Lax for constipation. She indicated that many people have the big C while on IP. It really does work. I am only on week two so I am still trying to determine exactly how often and how much to take. You may want to ask your coach about it.

I just found a new use for my IP shaker. I was making breakfast for my hubby and decided to use my shaker to mix his scrambled eggs. Mixed perfectly. What a great little shaker.

Okay. As hubby was eating the breakfast that I so kindly fixed for him, I metioned with excitement that my fat pants were feeling a little loose. He replies smugly: "Let's not get carried away here. 5.5 pounds does not make our pants loose." I wanted to cry. Of course now as I am trying to adjust my bad attitude, I am thinking that after I meet my goal I might need to shed another 140 pounds! That 140 would be alot easier to get rid of! Say a prayer for him today! He will need it.
Great use for the shaker - I had thought of that myself! As for the husband...I surely wouldn't be making him breakfast that I couldn't eat from now on. Give him a packet and some salad and if he complains tell him you didn't want to make two separate meals! Or better yet - he can make his own eggs! (Sorry to add to the bad attitude, but anyone who isn't excited for your lost weight should have their ears boxed!)
Old 06-13-2010, 11:13 AM   #381  

S/C/G: 159/148/125

Height: 5.5

Quote:
I think he is nervous about your weight loss. I bet you already look sassier and he is afraid of having to fight off all the boys who will be in a line fighting for your attention! On a more serious note - many spouses are intimidated by weight loss and how it empowers us. I read that being sensitive to that and a few "think of how great we will look together" comments goes a long way. This is SOOOO not about you. Congrats on the loss!!!! I bet you feel different already! My clothes felt different after 5 pounds because I lost it ALL in my waist.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #382  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Arrrggggggg where or where is Onederland??? This morning up .8 at 200.8 I WANT 199 SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2010, 12:00 PM   #383  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Hazel

I don’t usually post things like this, but I was in a little posting frenzy this morning when I got a tearful call from the daughter of my 95 year old Cadillac-driving, bridge-playing, Scotch-drinking, across-the-street neighbor, Hazel. After spending 6 weeks in the hospital with only 4 good days to show for it, Hazel has decided that's enough. She's in hospice mode at her daughter’s home... too weak to turn over in bed. She managed to say hello to me on the phone, though she couldn't hear me when I told her I love her.

Hazel is one of the strongest women I’ve ever met. She grew up on a farm in Virginia, lost two fingers as a toddler when she was run over by a horse-drawn wagon, played tennis and basketball as a young woman, then drove a school bus for years. She raised three children and outlived her husband. “Men just aren’t that strong,” she used to tell me, a look of pity on her face. “Not like women.”

She was a twin, and later in life became quite a bit heftier than her sister, who lived in Florida and played golf while Hazel focused on achieving her masters level in bridge. “Well,” she would say, “the one good thing about being fat is that you can’t see the wrinkles!” Then she’d let out a rowdy laugh that always made me smile.

So, to those of you in this group of strong women who have an appreciation for those women who paved to way for us to accomplish what we are able to accomplish today, I ask that you give a quiet nod to my friend Hazel—a woman who lived her life exactly how she wanted, and has chosen to leave this world the same way.

I’m not sure how I’m going to spend the rest of my day—I’m suddenly not very motivated to focus on my to-do list. But since I’m in Phase 4, I just might have Scotch with my kale chips this evening, and raise a glass to Hazel.

Last edited by Novak; 06-13-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #384  

Morning everyone, I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Even though I'm still up 1.4 lbs from my latest low of 201.2 I've decided not to worry about it. I got my blood work results back from my doctor yesterday and I'm 100% healthy except that my white blood cell count is too high, but she attributes that to my body being stressed out from losing 75 lbs in 5 months and adapting to running. I'm lucky to be this healthy and happy after all the abuse I've put my body through....

I'll get into Onederland when my body is ready and there is no point in defeating myself over it

Journeysend - I feel ya, it will come though, don't get too discouraged. I've been waiting for this moment for over 75 lbs and 14 years so I get it

Novak - Hazel sounds like an amazing woman and your are blessed to have known her

Last edited by jordanna; 06-13-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #385  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Jordanna: very interesting as my WBC was high too! No infections though. Doc wasn't worried about it either. But 2 blood tests in span of 2 weeks; both high white blood cells.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #386  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Jordanna: very interesting as my WBC was high too! No infections though. Doc wasn't worried about it either. But 2 blood tests in span of 2 weeks; both high white blood cells.
Me as well - no infections, not coming down with anything but high WBC counts...but my doctor explained that your WBC count can go up when your body is under stress, and that the amounts of weight we lose in short periods of time on this diet would definitely be considered putting the body under stress.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #387  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

Height: 5'3"

The other day, I made turkey filled green bell peppers. I took green peppers and cut them into quarters (or thirds, depending on the pepper... you'll see the 'sections' with the curves so when cut, the pieces will be bowl/boat shaped) and mixed ground turkey with green onions, red peppers, soya sauce, olive oil, sea salt, egg whites and just plopped it down on the green peppers and baked them until the turkey was cooked. My fiance (who isn't on the diet) looovvveeed it.

Next time I make it, i'll have to keep track of everything to post up a recipe. If you're gonna attempt this anyway with just the ingredients posted, i suggest taking olive oil and sea salt and brushing the inside of the peppers before plopping down the turkey. that way the peppers will soak up some seasoning while the turkey is baking on top.

The turkey will take awhile to cook through so don't worry, your green peppers will be well cooked
Old 06-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #388  

S/C/G: 159/148/125

Height: 5.5

Quote:
The other day, I made turkey filled green bell peppers. I took green peppers and cut them into quarters (or thirds, depending on the pepper... you'll see the 'sections' with the curves so when cut, the pieces will be bowl/boat shaped) and mixed ground turkey with green onions, red peppers, soya sauce, olive oil, sea salt, egg whites and just plopped it down on the green peppers and baked them until the turkey was cooked. My fiance (who isn't on the diet) looovvveeed it.

Next time I make it, i'll have to keep track of everything to post up a recipe. If you're gonna attempt this anyway with just the ingredients posted, i suggest taking olive oil and sea salt and brushing the inside of the peppers before plopping down the turkey. that way the peppers will soak up some seasoning while the turkey is baking on top.

The turkey will take awhile to cook through so don't worry, your green peppers will be well cooked
AngieEH - That sounds SOOO good. I am going to make it this week! Thanks for the great ideas!
Old 06-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #389  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone! It's been a little while since I've been here to check in. We were out of town for a few days, and that went pretty well. I managed to stay on track with just a couple of extra IP packets and some extra protein. I won't lie though, it was very hard to resist the dessert and a few other things but I did and was very proud of myself. I had my weigh in when I returned home and despite being out of town and TOM showing up I still lost 2 lbs! I'll take it! Now we're crazy busy getting ready to move next weekend. We don't have internet in our current home or new home yet so I've been using my phone to read here as much as I can. It takes forever to just read the posts so I apologize that I haven't been able to post my congrats and support to you all.

On another note, I had a physical a week ago and my doctor was pleased with my weightloss, told me I was doing a great job and to keep up the good work. That was awesome to hear! My blood pressure was also the best its been in 6ish years! The only thing that has me a bit worried is I have to repeat my blood sugar test in 1-2 months. My fasting result was 116. I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow to get some more info. I don't even know what the normal range is. I just got the results in the mail so there was very little info.I also want to find out how my current results compare to the last time I was tested. I'm trying not to stress about it until I talk to my doctor,but I'm frustrated because I shouldn't be having this issue on this diet. If anyone has any wisdom or info about blood sugar numbers I would greatly appreciate it!

I'll try and check in and post again soon. I will be reading and celebrating the losses and NSVs with you all even if I'm not able to post it.

Wishing you all a wonderful week!
Old 06-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #390  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Even though I'm still up 1.4 lbs from my latest low of 201.2 I've decided not to worry about it. ...

I'll get into Onederland when my body is ready and there is no point in defeating myself over it

Journeysend - I feel ya, it will come though, don't get too discouraged. I've been waiting for this moment for over 75 lbs and 14 years so I get it
There are a lot of us waiting to get into Underland. I have been stuck in the 170's for 7 weeks. I'm getting frustrated. After 17 weeks I thought maybe a break would get me going again, but my coach said not a good idea.

I have been retaining water even though I do everything I'm supposed to, potassium, salt, water, veggies, lemon, asparagus, green decaf tea, etc.. I even tried a natural diuretic. My doctor put me on a diuretic yesterday and while my blood pressure was 120/70, this diuretic is supposed to lower my bp. So, now I'm worried, especially after what you went thru.

????? - Anyone out there know why we can't have citric acid?
Closed Thread