Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #46  

Biked again 2.5 miles. Going into the wind on the way out so coming back was a piece of cake!

Was away all last week eating out of course. That is soooooo hard to do. You see the others with you ordering items that aren't on IP. Ugh. So I did the best I could. Not 100% Up 2lbs. But I am on my way to get that off and a little more. Gotta stay on track!!!!

I have a goal date of Dec 31 (son's wedding) But I have a mini goal date of July 24th. I so want to be down another 20 at least by then. Doable I think. That is 7 weeks basically. Ok, I AM GOING TO DO THIS....YES I AM AND YES I CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I can do it....so can everyone!

Think postive thoughts, everyday all day....

Last edited by Frannie57; 06-07-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:21 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

What's the rule on sauerkraut?
Old 06-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #48  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
hope so. I went for stella artroir (way heavier than michelob ultra). We'll see, not much I can do about it really. I did walk home today and maybe I'll do it again tomorrow if sun ever shines on us in northwest. I am going to drown myself in water.

Cheers!

ah! so you are a dark beer lover, i like the junk beer that most people only drink at keggers and toga parties. i'm pretty sure that though the stella artoir is a more stout beer, it's probably better for you than the crap i drank last weekend

i WISH it would rain and cool down a little more down here, it's about 95-100 everyday and most of the time too hot to even enjoy the sunshine. went out on a friends boat last weekend and the next day to the pool and the backs of my legs were as red as hot cheetos. the pacific nw is beautiful, i drove up through utah, idaho, oregon and washington a few years back pre-kids and have always wanted to go back.

penguin, sauerkraut(per cup) is 27 calories, .2 g of fat, 2.5 g net carbs, 2.5 g sugar and 1.5 g of protein.

i don't see why not, but since it's a little high in sugar i'd maybe keep it to a once or twice a week treat.

if your weight loss stalls, maybe cut it out completely?

Last edited by mamaerinb; 06-07-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Thanks for the info Erin!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:29 PM   #50  

What is the idea of everyone about this ''90 days to reset the pancreas '' thing?

If we don't spend 90 days on IP, or 90 without cheating.. will we gain back the weight after?

What does ''resetting the pancreas'' means, BTW ?

Have a great week everyone :hug :
Old 06-07-2010, 11:43 PM   #51  
Nichole

Default Nsv

Tried zumba for the first time tonight which I NEVER would've done before IP. Yes, I'm an uncoordinated klutz but I had FUN!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:44 PM   #52  

TO LADY5ANDY The whole idea behind following the IP protocol is not just to lose weight but to "reset the pancreas." This is why frequent big cheats is only cheating oneself, really confusing the body, and postponing a healthier pancreas that can better tolerate carbs without weight gain. Others can speak to this topic better than I can but I do know that if you're serious about good health, weight loss and keeping it off, you want to adhere to the protocol, avoid frequent and major cheating, alcohol, etc. b/c these are important cornerstones to longterm success for those on IP.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:59 PM   #53  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Tried zumba for the first time tonight which I NEVER would've done before IP. Yes, I'm an uncoordinated klutz but I had FUN!

yay! where do you go, i've thought about joining because i was in dance from 3 till 18, figured it may be some type of work-out i could handle i'd love some more details!
Old 06-08-2010, 12:17 AM   #54  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
yay! where do you go, i've thought about joining because i was in dance from 3 till 18, figured it may be some type of work-out i could handle i'd love some more details!
Lot of Latin dance type moves, very contemporary music (including hip-hop) and lots of hip action/waistline work! I felt it in my entire body and definitely worked up a sweat. At one point some of the ladies asked the teacher if she learned her moves in the club, lol! I think that was right before she told us to shake our hips like Beyonce. I can see it being even more fun once I actually know what I'm doing. Part of the reason I go to Curves is because so freaking uncoordinated! That's where this class was offered, but the Windermere Center in Pflugerville also has classes on Monday & Thursdays. I don't think links are allowed here but if you go to the zumba website, you can put in your zip code and it will tell you all of the classes offered in the area!
Old 06-08-2010, 12:33 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
What is the idea of everyone about this ''90 days to reset the pancreas '' thing?

If we don't spend 90 days on IP, or 90 without cheating.. will we gain back the weight after?

Even the endocrinologist that my doc had spoken to had not heard of it but HEY I'll prescribe to it if it helps.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:52 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Weigh-in tomorrow ... wish me luck...I didn't weigh in last week because I was out of town.

Also, question, is there any strategy to which of the packets you have each day? I think I'd do the hot chocolate drink at every meal if I could.

Thanks to whoever posted the fix to the chocolate pudding by putting it in the freezer w/salt, splenda, vanilla. Nice.
-----------------merged by MOD ----------
Also, is there any thought to having the snack between lunch and dinner instead of dinner and bed? I seem to get really hungry before dinner but am not hungry after I eat at night.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:58 AM   #57  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
What's the rule on sauerkraut?
Sauerkraut is permitted in Phase 1... no restrictions.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:08 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Also, is there any thought to having the snack between lunch and dinner instead of dinner and bed? I seem to get really hungry before dinner but am not hungry after I eat at night.
I am only on day 6 and I have not had an official weigh in yet. I have been eating six times a day. I know that is not what the protocol suggests, but I hate to feel hungry. I follow protocol for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have a dill pickle or a few cucumbers around 10 AM and an extra protein pack around 3PM. Then I have my protein snack before bed. This might sound bad, but I am losing weight. I am also staying in ketosis.

As for the slip with the squash last night, it does not seem to have bothered me yet. According to the ketostix this am, I am at "small" on the color scale. From what I understand, this is fine. Hope so, I really enjoyed that zucchini and squash combo!

Have a GREAT Day all!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:09 AM   #59  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
You need to have the protein before bed, so your body is primed for fat burning during sleep... it prevents muscle loss during the process. So DON'T shift that to a snack before dinner.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:50 AM   #60  
Persian Queen

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post

I thought I had read all the links that you guys ever sent. Can someone send a link for where this info came from?
Closed Thread