3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Alternative Products that work in PHASE 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/203447-alternative-products-work-phase-1-a.html)

Stacey41 07-07-2010 08:23 PM

I have used the EAS AdvantEdge shakes exclusively since starting. The chocolate, double (or dark?) chocolate and strawberry are awesome. The vanilla is ok, I mostly use it to make a cappuccino type drink in the evening - 1 cup decaf coffee, 1 shake warmed, maybe some WF chocolate syrup or WF caramel dip if I'm feeling decadent, and a sprinkle of cinnamon, or pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice on top.

I also use the EAS bars as a restricted item. Sometimes I will cut each up into 8 pieces, and have 2 pieces on an day when I need a little something extra. I also use the Pure Protein bars in the same way. Just watch the bars because they have a good amount of carbs. Occasionally they're just fine for me.

I happen to love chocolate, so even though I'm on day 34, I haven't gotten sick of the lack of variety I get with only using a limited type of product, instead of the range IP offers.

mepeterson 07-07-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karleem (Post 3319230)
I have been trying a few new products and am very excited about them.
New hope mills has a blueberry muffin & bread mix. I used half to make 6 muffins and I will have 2 / day as a restricted.
I calculated the difference between this and the Chocolate pancakes/muffins from Ip and boy was there ever a difference.
I did tweak the recipe for the 6 muffins a bit tho and used just 2 egg whites.
Ip choco muffins (2 muffins) : Calories 177 Carbs 15 less 2 fiber=13 Protein 20
Blueberry Muffins (2 muffins) : Calories 158 Carbs 14 less 4 fiber=8 Protein 26
Pretty awesome!
I saved 5 carbs and got an extra 6g protein!
I paid 7.95 for the whole box incl shipping (makes 12) and all I have to add is egg whites and oil (I used sesame oil same nutritional value as olive oil) so thats like just over $1/meal!
I also tried out new hope mills pancakes/waffles and cut down the portion size to 1/4 cup mix and 1 egg with 1/2 tbs sesame oil and they tasted great with only 154 calories 6 carbs less fiber 3g total 3g, and had 21 g of protein.
With shipping it only cost me 7.45 for 4 servings for just under $2/meal.
I would highly recommend these as a restricted and they taste great. I am sooo planning on using these after the Ip program.

Karleem, could you upload the nutritional value/ingredients on the muffins and pancakes. also I cannot tell but is that a great dane or a mastif next to your pug in your pic. I have two great danes and I LOVE big dogs

Sarah30 07-07-2010 08:44 PM

I also use the EAS shakes exclusively now and my weight loss really hasn't slowed one bit. I love all the flavors, vanilla, strawberry and chocolate fudge are my favs. I also use my own supplements now that pretty much are 'ideal' when compared to the IP ones and I take an omega3 twice a day. :-) I also have my last shake two hours before bed and not as a snack in between meals. I seem to cheat on the IP diets rules (not a cheat in my eyes though) and I have a wedge of light Laughing Cow cheese on 3 flax seed crackers before I go to bed and It has never knocked me out of ketosis. (the crackers have no sugar and 1 carb for 3 crackers) yummo! :-)

oh.. .and I don't eat ANY restricted veggies. I'm just one of those people who sticks with one thing for a long period of time...so it's alot of mushrooms, squash, bell peppers, baby cucumbers, celery and banana peppers to add some umpf to my salads. :-)

kplus80 07-07-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah30 (Post 3375827)
I also use the EAS shakes exclusively now and my weight loss really hasn't slowed one bit. I love all the flavors, vanilla, strawberry and chocolate fudge are my favs. I also use my own supplements now that pretty much are 'ideal' when compared to the IP ones and I take an omega3 twice a day. :-) I also have my last shake two hours before bed and not as a snack in between meals. I seem to cheat on the IP diets rules (not a cheat in my eyes though) and I have a wedge of light Laughing Cow cheese on 3 flax seed crackers before I go to bed and It has never knocked me out of ketosis. (the crackers have no sugar and 1 carb for 3 crackers) yummo! :-)

oh.. .and I don't eat ANY restricted veggies. I'm just one of those people who sticks with one thing for a long period of time...so it's alot of mushrooms, squash, bell peppers, baby cucumbers, celery and banana peppers to add some umpf to my salads. :-)

Would you be willing to share what supplements you're using? I've been doing some searching, but can't find 'ideal' combinations yet. Thanks!

mamaerinb 07-07-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepeterson (Post 3375802)
Karleem, could you upload the nutritional value/ingredients on the muffins and pancakes. also I cannot tell but is that a great dane or a mastif next to your pug in your pic. I have two great danes and I LOVE big dogs

just google "maple grove farms sugar free pancakes nutritional value" they are actually WAY better in the carb/protein dept than the IP ones. i like the taste better too:o

BevS 07-08-2010 08:53 AM

Lindora is having a 25% off sale on all their bars now through July 12.

mepeterson 07-08-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3375949)
just google "maple grove farms sugar free pancakes nutritional value" they are actually WAY better in the carb/protein dept than the IP ones. i like the taste better too:o

thanks a bunch

mepeterson 07-08-2010 12:16 PM

has anyone ever used products from Dixie Diner's Club. Most of their stuff is super low carb (-fiber) and most of it is low fat or fat free. I ordered a few things to try.

Am I correct that the carbs we look at are the carb - fiber?

Sweetstina 07-08-2010 03:53 PM

I know that alot of Alternative IPers use the Pure Protein RTD shakes, but what are your thoughts on using the Pure Protein bars (as a restricted item)?

BevS 07-08-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetstina (Post 3377170)
I know that alot of Alternative IPers use the Pure Protein RTD shakes, but what are your thoughts on using the Pure Protein bars (as a restricted item)?

Hi, Christina, I didn't look at all of the bars, but the peanut butter caramel one I checked out had 7 fat grams and 24 carbs along with the 18 grams of protein. Way too much fat and carbs for this diet.

Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Bar (57g), Amount Per Serving: Calories
210, Calories from Fat 70, Total Fat 7g (11% DV), Saturated Fat 4.5g (22% DV), Trans Fat 0g,
Cholesterol <5mg (1% DV), Sodium 250mg (11% DV), Total Carbohydrate 24g (8% DV),
Dietary Fiber 1g (5% DV), Sugars 2g, Sugar Alcohol 15g, Protein 18g (30% DV), Vitamin A

1FCuser 07-09-2010 09:34 AM

Alternative Products availiable in Quebec City, Canada.

RTD Shakes :

• Pure Protein Chocolate Can - Walt-Mart - 4/8 $
  • Premier Protein Chocolate - Costco - 18/28 $
  • Atkins Vanilla & Chocolate - All groceries - 4/8 $ (be careful, more fat and aspertame)

Powder Whey
  • IsoWeight Vanilla - Loblaws - 32 servings/28$
  • Isoweight Chocolat - Loblaws - 32 servings/32$

Bars (restricted item)
  • Supreme Protein Peanut, Rocky Road or Caramel - Walt-Mart - 1/3$
  • SlimDown Almond-Coconut, Chocolate, Yogourt or Peanut Butter - Walt-Mart - 1/2$
  • Oh Yeah Brownies, Rocky Road, Peanut Butter or Chocolate - Pharmaprix - 1/1.50$

Others products
  • Sugar Free Syrup Vanilla, Chocolat, Caramel or Hazelnut - Starbuck - 1/5$

Sweetstina 07-09-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BevS (Post 3377502)
Hi, Christina, I didn't look at all of the bars, but the peanut butter caramel one I checked out had 7 fat grams and 24 carbs along with the 18 grams of protein. Way too much fat and carbs for this diet.
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Bar (57g), Amount Per Serving: Calories 210, Calories from Fat 70, Total Fat 7g (11% DV), Saturated Fat 4.5g (22% DV), Trans Fat 0g,
Cholesterol <5mg (1% DV), Sodium 250mg (11% DV), Total Carbohydrate 24g (8% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (5% DV), Sugars 2g, Sugar Alcohol 15g, Protein 18g (30% DV), Vitamin A

Thanks BevS. I saw the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pure Protein Bar at my local Superstore and thought it might be an OK substitute as a restricted, but maybe not. Here is the nutritional info...

Serving Size: 1 Bar (50g), Amount Per Serving: Calories 200, Calories from Fat 60, Total Fat 6g (10% DV), Saturated Fat 3g (14% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 10mg (4% DV), Sodium 200mg (8% DV), Total Carbohydrate 16g (15% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (6% DV), Sugars 2g, Sugar Alcohol 6g, Protein 20g (24% DV).

Also, I use the Dr. Bernstein RTD shakes in chocolate, vanilla and mocha exclusively now. You get 6 for $12 (tax incl.) so they are only $2 each. You can walk into any Dr. B clinic and purchase them there (you don't have to be a member) or order them on-line.

ratfancy 07-14-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfrala (Post 3375203)
Consumer reports has an article 7/2010 on protein supps, AdvanEdge dark choc
tested high for heavy metals, interesting. Whole foods may be a better source of protein, egg whites, fish, tuna, salmon, chicken.

I read the study too and I called EAS (Abbott Labs). After a long conversation with the consumer rep, we both came to the conclusion not to have more than 3 whey products per day. I will continue to use the EAS low-carb ready made drinks instead of some/all IP packets, but only 3 per day. I think that would be safe.

lookin for loss 07-15-2010 12:24 PM

motiv8edmama

you said to "get that last shake that you have listed as a snack 1 hour to 30 minutes before you go to bed." Why is that important? I've been using the snack between lunch and dinner. thanks

showgirlaz 07-15-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookin for loss (Post 3388290)
motiv8edmama

you said to "get that last shake that you have listed as a snack 1 hour to 30 minutes before you go to bed." Why is that important? I've been using the snack between lunch and dinner. thanks

The idea behind the last shake before bed is to prevent the body from having a drop in metabolism for too long over night. It also help the blood sugar from dipping and rebounding in the morning.