Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #91  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Default for Kelsey

At Kelsey's request, I have placed appropriately discreet "Before" and "After" shots on my public profile. With the new format for the IP forum, I can only hope that no one will see this message.

And on that subject, we may all need to be retrained.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:38 PM   #92  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeseebaby22 View Post
Could The Fine Herb Eggs Be Cooked In The Microwave?
Yes! I spray a little pan in a glass pyrex style dish and put the "eggs" in. I cook it about 45 seconds, stir, cook another minute. comes out great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
well do IP, they say you get more prone to pregnancy ;-) also take pre-natal vitamins, believe it or not it helps!

How long have you been off the pill? Some people I know have been on the pill for a little bit and when they get off it's like magic
I haven't used the pill in 10 years! I am seriously allergic to the hormones and haven't been able to use any form of b/c forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Happy Monday!

question: I bought these beautiful organic chickens from the local market (was buy one get one free) and would love to roast them. Should I roast them with the skin on and just not eat the skin or take skin off? it will be very hard to take the skin off when not cooked.

thank you for any advice.
YUMM!! Organic chicken! I would say do it with skin on. I do mine roasted with skin on and just pull back the skin a little, stuff fresh herbs and seasoning between the skin and the meat, then rub the skin with olive oil and sea salt. That way you can keep the meat moist, get the good seasoned meat flavor, and toss the skins.

for the Chicken:
• Zest of a whole lemon
• Juice of ½ a lemon
• 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh rosemary
• 1-½ tablespoons of finely chopped fresh thyme
• 1teaspoon of dried oregano
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 1 -2 teaspoon Sea Salt
• 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon Freshly cracked Pepper

Preheat oven to 350º. Rinse the chicken and discard the giblets.
Place the chicken on a clean surface. Pat dry with some paper towels.
Meanwhile, take the pan that you’ll be roasting the chicken in and add ½ cup of water
In a bowl, add chopped thyme, lemon zest, rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper to the 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil. Mix well. You will rub this under the chicken skin to spread in and on the chicken. Reserve the last bit of olive oil to rub into the skin of the chicken.
With your fingers, loosen the skin on the chicken breasts, legs, and thighs. Rub the herbed mixture into the meat, under the skin (try not to tear all of the skin while doing this.). Be sure to rub the back of the chicken with the oil mixture, and even the cavity of the chicken. You also want to rub the skin of the chicken with the mixture to. I ended up having enough for the whole bird, but if needed, add a bit more olive oil. The oil is mostly to help the chicken brown, add crispness, and a little moisture.

Place the chicken, breast side up in a roasting pan.
Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into a thigh registers 180ºF which is about 2 hours into the cooking, or if you’re using the purdue roaster chicken, it should tell you when it’s done. Another way to check if it’s done is by inserting a fork in the chicken. The fork should go in easily and the juices in the chicken should run clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
The two got combined somehow? I am so confused...
Did we lose any of the messages from the other board?
I can't see that we lost any messages but it sure has made a problem for our post level for the week since we are carrying over the added days from last weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
This is a pretty long thread already. Please keep an eye on it and start a new one when it gets up there.
Can we just start a new one now for this week. Somehow the posts from last week got added to this week and now we are too busy for a monday with not many of our regulars on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
New to this forum and excited to be starting IP on Friday (28th). I want to start on a weekend so that I have 2 non work days to ease in.
My initial goal is 40 pounds but I do have a lot more than that has to go.
I have been reading Dr. Tran's book and it looks like this plan was designed for only a few weeks. I'm wondering what the longest some people on the forum have been on the plan. As well I am looking for more info on the 'after' maintenance. Is there a forum or thread in regards to this? Any info on the after would be appreciated.

Thanks for all your inspiration so far !
Cheers !
WELCOME!! we are glad to have you here!

This plan was designed for much more than a few weeks. It can be done as long as is needed but, some people, will slow down a bit in loss the longer they are on it. It does need to be done as strictly as possible for the 90 days to get some of the long term benefits if you have a large amount of weight to lose.

I have been on the plan 5.5 months. I still have another 3 to 5 months to go. This forum is fairly new. The first posts about IP were made in July of 2009. Some people have recently shifted into the later stages and maybe, Babs, Novak, or the others will be able to share what to expect in stage 3 and 4.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #93  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
At Kelsey's request, I have placed appropriately discreet "Before" and "After" shots on my public profile. With the new format for the IP forum, I can only hope that no one will see this message.

WOW NOVAK!!!!

Well I saw it and it is AMAZING!

Good job!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:54 PM   #94  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:

WOW!! You look great! Thanks for sharing photos.

I know! I didn't expect the forum today. A nice surprise but hopeful everyone figures it out. I am a little lost too. I think we will have to start a new thread mid week to go through sunday and then go back to our monday to sunday weeks. Unfortunately, this post is holding 2 days full of conversation already! It's all good though. A little transition and we will have a nice forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJumbie View Post
I would be sooo happy to be at 165! I think I'll make one of those paper chains from elementry school and cut off one for every day until I"m thin

When do I stop thinking about eating unhealthy? I haven't had any carbs or cheat days- my cheating has been limited to a bit of cheese once a week- but I constantly think of when I'll be off IP and how I can have salsa and chips again. I'm hoping my mind stops obsessing about food at some point and I get in a healthier state of mind.

I also miss beer.
I remember thinking that at 235! Now, I think just let me get to 140 please. I know I really want 125 but am not sure how attainable that is really.

Unhealthy eat is a slow change. Hopefully others will share their experience but, for me, HONESTLY, after 5 months, I still think about unhealthy stuff. Now I try to make a healthy version but it hasn't gone away. It is easier to resist. Somethings I have truly come to not care about but, others, I have a little journal of my "some day foods" and I just write an idea in. I figure I can test them out on my indulgence days during phase 4. I think, comfort foods are the hardest to change away from. They are not so much a craving as an emotional comfort. Those take more time. Be patient and realize, what you are asking about, is the retraining part of the program. To really lose weight and keep it off will mean learning to want some of the things A LOT less and trying to have them only occasionally.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

YUMM!! Organic chicken! I would say do it with skin on. I do mine roasted with skin on and just pull back the skin a little, stuff fresh herbs and seasoning between the skin and the meat, then rub the skin with olive oil and sea salt. That way you can keep the meat moist, get the good seasoned meat flavor, and toss the skins.

for the Chicken:
• Zest of a whole lemon
• Juice of ½ a lemon
• 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh rosemary
• 1-½ tablespoons of finely chopped fresh thyme
• 1teaspoon of dried oregano
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 1 -2 teaspoon Sea Salt
• 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon Freshly cracked Pepper

Preheat oven to 350º. Rinse the chicken and discard the giblets.
Place the chicken on a clean surface. Pat dry with some paper towels.
Meanwhile, take the pan that you’ll be roasting the chicken in and add ½ cup of water
In a bowl, add chopped thyme, lemon zest, rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper to the 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil. Mix well. You will rub this under the chicken skin to spread in and on the chicken. Reserve the last bit of olive oil to rub into the skin of the chicken.
With your fingers, loosen the skin on the chicken breasts, legs, and thighs. Rub the herbed mixture into the meat, under the skin (try not to tear all of the skin while doing this.). Be sure to rub the back of the chicken with the oil mixture, and even the cavity of the chicken. You also want to rub the skin of the chicken with the mixture to. I ended up having enough for the whole bird, but if needed, add a bit more olive oil. The oil is mostly to help the chicken brown, add crispness, and a little moisture.

Place the chicken, breast side up in a roasting pan.
Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into a thigh registers 180ºF which is about 2 hours into the cooking, or if you’re using the purdue roaster chicken, it should tell you when it’s done. Another way to check if it’s done is by inserting a fork in the chicken. The fork should go in easily and the juices in the chicken should run clear.

Thanks, usually boy friend cooks chicken as I don't like to touch a whole chicken (don't know why); his method has been popping an open beer can (full one) and putting in the chicken's hinney but I think I'll do it this way now. I think pulling back the skin before cooking is the trick.

YAY!

btw: I paid ~$10 for 2 nice juicey free range organic chickens! love sales.

another btw: I just added my cooked rhubarb to vanilla pudding...OMG OMG...I could have 5 more of that mixture! (that was my oh dear I need something or might pass out mean before I start worrying about dinner)

Last edited by pitakitten; 05-24-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #96  
Persian Queen

Height: 5'4''

I wrote the following on Friday and I can't keep up with all the wonderful posts. Is there any way to see if someone has answered my question on Friday or do I have to go through all the posts since then? Istarted a version of IP this morning. I ordered some items from Lindora and bought a huge bottle of Muscle Pro from Costco. It tasted pretty good and I had it for bf and lunch. Of course my multivit. is not the same brand but I use a for women tablets.
What other sources are there to buy from that would be cheaper than IP?
On phase one what is the maximum number of carb grams allowed? Protein? fat?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks BevS so much,
What other products of theirs have you used safely (i.e. did not stop losing weight)?
Would my rep/coach allow for products to be bought outside of her control? I mean they make a living out of this, don't they?
Do you guys miss fruits?
Does the soy from health food market have as much protein?
I have in the past bought soy chips from them but it didn't have a lot of protein.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

want2runI am so sorry for your loss.

Novak you look FANTASTIC!

mommaerinb where do you live at in Texas? We are planning a trip there this summer.

DD #2 had her bridging ceremony for Brownies on Saturday and each family brought a dish. I made brownies and there were some incredible dishes there but I never ate one thing. I volunteered to fill water and punch glasses to keep myself busy. Had to make a new hole on my belt this weekend too!
Old 05-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #98  
Persian Queen

Height: 5'4''

Way to go Natural Girl!!!
It is so hrd to not give in to temptation and you did it. May the Power always be with you.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 202/192/150

Default Lindora Question

If you were to buy this product for the sake of saving money. How do you know what is restricted and what isn't? Is the food any good? I am doing IP but, a friend wanted to know about Lindora. Thanks for the help with my scale Bev it worked perfect. Congratulations to all the losers and the ones hanging in there with the rest of us!
Old 05-24-2010, 08:10 PM   #100  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

I had ordered the strawberry pudding and really was not thrilled with it. I thought it had a funny kind of fake taste to it so tonight I tried something different I made the strawberry pudding and added some cooked rhubarb with a little vanilla extract and cinnamon. The strawberry pudding is so sweet it did not need any splenda or stevia and it was a nice mix of the tart and sweet. Now I don't have to waste the strawberry pudding and I get some veggies in with my dessert. Pretty proud of myself right now.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 176.4/154.2/130

Quote:

Oh Novak, you look awesome!! Congrats
Old 05-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

I really don't want to use up posts on this thread BUT anyone in proper seattle area who knows where I can find Walden Farms products? any store they suggested on their website OR by phone does not carry it anymore. How come every other person can buy them but me

I also have noticed that both my scales have disappeard...I believe my kitty (BF) has hid them.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #103  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I really don't want to use up posts on this thread BUT anyone in proper seattle area who knows where I can find Walden Farms products? any store they suggested on their website OR by phone does not carry it anymore. How come every other person can buy them but me

I also have noticed that both my scales have disappeard...I believe my kitty (BF) has hid them.
Good kitty! ;-)
Old 05-24-2010, 09:06 PM   #104  

Amazing--went to USA today for a bit of shopping. First stop--Kohls. Tried on jeans, 1 size down, bought them! Amazing truly. I also found the EAS Advantage--cheaper at Target. Did not look at Walmart as we did not go there. 4.64 for 4.

Just a little something that bugs me. I am not sure who has said this and I have been GUILTY as well. A pound is a pound, no matter if it is fat or muscle. One does not weigh more than the other. I know exactly what you mean though. A pound of fat takes up more room than a pound of muscle. Muscle is your lean mean fighting machine! That is just my pet peeve.

Ok everyone have a great week! Stay on Plan.....

I get my blood results on Thursday. I will ask the Dr for a copy of the last one and then this one. I might even have my last one as I like to compare it to my dh.

Tah Tah for now,
Old 05-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #105  

Quote:

Novak - you look amazing!! Congratulations, so happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
I had ordered the strawberry pudding and really was not thrilled with it. I thought it had a funny kind of fake taste to it so tonight I tried something different I made the strawberry pudding and added some cooked rhubarb with a little vanilla extract and cinnamon. The strawberry pudding is so sweet it did not need any splenda or stevia and it was a nice mix of the tart and sweet. Now I don't have to waste the strawberry pudding and I get some veggies in with my dessert. Pretty proud of myself right now.
I enjoy the strawberry pudding as a shake with a splash of french vanilla divinci syrup or vanilla flavored splenda in it.

I'm getting sick Not looking forward to having a full on cold while on IP. Guess I shouldn't have used my sick cousins cutlery that she licked...

I also weighed in today and my coach had to get a new scale because hers stopped working. My scale had told me I lost 2.5 lbs but her new scale said 0.5 lbs. Oh well, it's all relative I guess, but annoying that her new scale weighs me 2 lbs heavier than it used to. (her and my scale were the exact same before)

Oh and can I say HOORAY for having our own forum!!

Last edited by jordanna; 05-24-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Closed Thread