Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:21 PM   #331  

Height: 5'10"

Regarding edamame, my coach told me it's off limits. If you google the carbs in edamame, I think you'll find it's way too high to work on the Ideal Protein diet.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:23 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Wyo! great job..it is nice to get moving again after a slow down..yay! I hear you about body types. When I was 120lbs, I still didn't fit in a 4...I will just be happy to be in the healthy category again

Nitenic...my coach gave me "Floralax" I think it is just the same thing Canadian version, lol... Ingredients are : Psyllium250mgs, Aloe Vera 150mgs, Prune(powder) 50 mgs. It is supposed to be non habit forming which is super important, and I am finding works like a charm

Kelsey...good luck tomorrow!

Hockeymom...I was told the same thing about the edamame.

My new goal is not just a number....I am determined to have lost enough that my little Mii on the Wii is no longer twice as large as my husband's AND the darn Wiifit stops saying "ohhhh" when I step on

Last edited by Calgarygirlie; 05-20-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 202/192/150

I have a question. I am in day 6, I know it seems soon to ask this but I am still very hungry usually around 4pm. What do you all use to get you over the hump till it is dinner time? Another question. How do you know when you are in ketosis?
Old 05-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #334  

S/C/G: 245/220/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHERYL5 View Post
I have a question. I am in day 6, I know it seems soon to ask this but I am still very hungry usually around 4pm. What do you all use to get you over the hump till it is dinner time? Another question. How do you know when you are in ketosis?
If I'm really hungry, I try to have lettuce first and as a last resort, more protein or an IP pack. As for Ketosis, I go to thepharmacy and get Ketone strips that can detect ketosis in your urine.

By the way, I use them WAY too much. I'm obsessed.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #335  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I am the same way, I have my 3rd protein portion when I get home or after a light work out which is always before dinner. I find that I just wouldn't have energy to cook if I don't have if first. Except today, I cooked earlier so I'll probably have it after dinner.

re ketosis: my mouth was tasting funny but I bought some ketostix and that assured me that I am.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:49 PM   #336  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Calgary....I can so relate to that. I could just belt that little guy....but, the other day our grandson stepped on and it said Ohhhh to him, too!!!

I also forgot to mention that I am now weighing less than my DH. Not by much, but that was a goal that I wanted to achieve. And speaking of the Wii, it shows my BMI is almost in the normal range. I'm hoping my Mii doesn't fill out and say "that's overweight" when it measures normal. Does he really think I don't know that??????
Old 05-20-2010, 10:55 PM   #337  

Wyo...whew, glad to hear it about your grandson, lol. I am still 8lbs away from my superfit husband...but getting there. Ahhh the Wii.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:56 PM   #338  

Ok if edamame is off limits----What is the soya listed for the veggies?? any one know....
Old 05-20-2010, 10:58 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJumbie View Post
If I'm really hungry, I try to have lettuce first and as a last resort, more protein or an IP pack. As for Ketosis, I go to thepharmacy and get Ketone strips that can detect ketosis in your urine.

By the way, I use them WAY too much. I'm obsessed.
Me too! I tell myself that its positive reinforcement, but i"m obsessed...

Wanted to share with everyone that I had my WI #4 and in a month I've lost 24 pounds and 11 inches. I love IP! And while I've stuck to it without any cheats, I've certainly benefited from asking questions about replacements and other people sharing experiences about thier slips. Its stopped me from my own. That's why I love this forum. My coach lives in another state. SOOOO glad I found you guys!

Carla: Sheez! Amazing! Thanks for sharing the pics. I have made sure there was no photographic record of me for the past 2 years but clearly I need to get over myself and take some pictures already!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #340  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frannie57 View Post
Ok if edamame is off limits----What is the soya listed for the veggies?? any one know....
same question; tofu maybe?

Last edited by pitakitten; 05-20-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:11 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 232/168/150

Height: 5'5"

Amazing losses and NSV everyone!!! CW hang in there, I'll be hoping 4 months goes quickly for you.
I would like to know if anyone can tell me a good IP way to prepare frozen okra. I'm from MT, what the heck is okra anyway? Any advice or opinions would be welcome.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:22 PM   #342  

Kellyrook! Wow, those are some great numbers!!!! You should be so proud of yourself! And yes take a picture now, you will be so glad you did in another month
Old 05-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #343  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Nitenic...my coach gave me "Floralax" I think it is just the same thing Canadian version, lol... Ingredients are : Psyllium250mgs, Aloe Vera 150mgs, Prune(powder) 50 mgs. It is supposed to be non habit forming which is super important, and I am finding works like a charm
Yup, exact same ingredients! I'm gonna wait until Saturday to try it... just in case.

Quote:
My cravings decreased significantly. I might have thought about a certain food but I didn't feel like I had to have it. I kept waiting for my breath to be bad and if that happened, I didn't notice, lol. I wasn't able to confirm with ketostix until a week and half or so after I started, but looking back, the cravings going away and not being hungry as much was a big red flag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrook View Post

Wanted to share with everyone that I had my WI #4 and in a month I've lost 24 pounds and 11 inches. I love IP! And while I've stuck to it without any cheats, I've certainly benefited from asking questions about replacements and other people sharing experiences about thier slips. Its stopped me from my own. That's why I love this forum. My coach lives in another state. SOOOO glad I found you guys!
Awesome!!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:44 PM   #344  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Rocky Monarch - My aunt, who lives in Portland, is actually my coach. Who is your coach?
Toni Hoff. Who's yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
WI today..down 2.4lbs. Feels good after a couple slower weeks. This is my 12 week weigh in and I have lost 35.6lbs. I have gone from a 1X top to large and some mediums. Jeans were a very tight 16(sometimes with the button undone) and now they are a 12..
As of today I have started my own sizing system. I started as a 16MT (muffintop). I am now down to a 14MT. I think I'm shooting for a 10, no MT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
Regarding edamame, my coach told me it's off limits. If you google the carbs in edamame, I think you'll find it's way too high to work on the Ideal Protein diet.
That is confusing. My sheet (same one someone posted a couple days ago) for Phase 1 lists "soya". But they are definitely a legume (not a vegetable) and just checking the nutrition info, they are really fatty...what gives? I'm going to email my coach and see what she says.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:47 PM   #345  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frannie57 View Post
Hope someone can answer this: some of you are mentioning having soybeans....is that what Soya is in the vegetable list???

So can I have soybeans, edamame??!!??!!??!!! If so, someone has
made my day!

Thanks for the help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
yes, soya=soybeans and edamame!! soooooooooo yummy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post

something about edamame seems almost like you're cheating it's so good. love the "meaty & nutty" type chew, yum-o! enjoy! i just bought a pound of shucked ones today, have been buying them in the pod for weeks and really workin' for my soybeans
Sorry, ladies, my regional rep told us on day 1 that edamame is a no-no. One cup of raw, green soybeans has over 29 carb grams. I'm pretty sure the soya is supposed to mean tofu. Four ounces of silken tofu has 3.2 net carbs. I know that online it says that soya and edamame are the same thing, but one cup of soybeans would almost equal your total allowed carbs for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
Could not fine Rhubarb at my grocery store not even in the frozen section. Bummed as I really want to try it. I'm going back out tomorrow to check another store. Oh and down 2 more lbs this week.
Our local Kroger's (grocery) has fresh rhubarb, but the store clerks have it labelled as celery. It looks like extra-long, individual stalks of red celery. I cooked mine in the microwave and it tasted like cherry pie filling. Mmmm....
Closed Thread