Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #301  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Elizabeth If you don't mind, it could be really useful to put all the information that you've given for the exercising in the FAQ. It think probably all the newbies are going to look there for information, so it could be really useful for us all if it's there, and not only in the weekly chat

I don't remember wich one of you was given a letter about the fact that birth control isn't really effective with IP, but it could be really helpfull also, if you still have this, to write it here so everyone could see it.. My coach didn't tell me that, and I was really nervous about it so I've taken a pregnancy test today. It was negative, but this really scared me so I think everyone taking birth control should know that !!

Have a nice day everyone
Done...it is now in the FAQ area...on the birth control deal.... I did not get a sheet, I was told by my coach and it was confirmed with some folks here as well that knew of others who did get pregnant ;-)
Old 05-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #302  

I've been lurking on these boards for a couple of weeks. All of your tips and insights have helped me so much. I've been on IP since May 11, I lost 10.5 lbs at my first weigh in. I am so excited to continue this program. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi, I look forward to helping eachother.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
Every day since January I questionned myself whether I could do it or not! Had my ups (like right now!) and downs (when I broke to tears saying I can't do this anymore and/or cheated!). A good advice would be to follow the plan and postpone every temptation to 30min. after the next meal. That is usually when I feel great about myself, about the plan and not hungry! It is easier then to say I don't need this food, I am worth feeling good about myself and... maybe I'll eat a piece when I am done with the program!

Found that it is also easier not to cheat when I don't use my hands while preparing dishes for the family. (Hubby and 9 & 7 y.o. boys don't follow IP with me). Baked them cakes, cookies and muffins and used MANY spoons not to touch the homemade mix when I put it in the cups, pan...

The MOST influential factor to get back on track and keep going on IP was to read this Forum!

this is such a great post. Its good to know that everyone is having ups and downs and is NOT always as strong as they should be. I also really like the 30 min rule. I personally think in half an hour, I would forget what I craved
Old 05-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 249/203/135

Height: 5ft 7 "

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
Hi Everyone!! I am really not sure how this site works. I was doing some searching on the net and it kept bringing up posts from 3fatchicks, so I decided to join
I started IP a week ago. I had my first way in yesterday and had a 5lb. weight loss so that was pretty exciting! I have a lot to loose but I am ready!! Hope to visit with some of you and I look forward to reading all the posts
Welcome! You will love the info and support!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Nitenic
I have to laugh about too much water or drinking just before WI, I stop drinking water and hour before I go, and then run to the bathroom at the clinic, then hop on the coach's scale. I am sooooo sure that I have eliminated a least a lb of water that way. My coach just shakes her head.
So funny! I do the same thing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpeachycc View Post
I've been lurking on these boards for a couple of weeks. All of your tips and insights have helped me so much. I've been on IP since May 11, I lost 10.5 lbs at my first weigh in. I am so excited to continue this program. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi, I look forward to helping eachother.
Welcome! Hope you do well!
Old 05-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #305  

Had to cancel my weigh in for tomorrow, which ok I think its my TOM that is showing up earlier than normal, I am feeling very bloated, plain fat and miserable.

I am fine with cancelling the WI as it gives me another week to get my booty into gear

here is a silly question and sorry if it has been answered before:

so as far as measuring vegetables; I of course assume that it is measuring them raw but what do you do when it has to do with something like cauliflower and it has been mushed up to pieces by a food processor. I had "cauliflower rice" last night and for the life of me could not figure out how many serving spoons would be equal to 2 cups of it. I guess maybe there is no solution but eye balling it. Anyways, don't want to be the whinny whinner on her but today I am worried I ate too much of it.

Last edited by pitakitten; 05-20-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #306  

S/C/G: 276/255/150 started ip 031510

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureskinnygirl View Post
I'm doing good but I love crunchy things. You can only eat so much celery Does anyone have a good legal crunchy recepie? I'm not comfortable with eating the higher carb IP stuff yet. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!
my sister and i buy non salted soy beans and put them in our salad gives u that crunch, my sister also uses the soy puffs from ip (the onoin ones) and totally loves it just a few hope that helps
Old 05-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #307  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
One cup or 8 fluid ounces of skim milk is 86 calories. One ounce per day of skim milk would add up to 75 calories for the whole week.
And for you guys who are using that oz per day, have you found the low carb version of milk? it's called a "dairy beverage" and it has about 1/4 the carbs and just over half the calories of real milk. The brand I buy is "Hood brand "Calorie Countdown" but that may be local. It does have splenda in it though. I use it in my tea every morning and I cannot taste the difference.

Quote:
Quick question...my sheet advises 1-2 TEASPOONS of olive oil, but I am seeing 1 Tblsp being mentioned...are most folks taking more, or is this another case of different coaches with different advice? I hate the stuff, but I will totally down it on a spoon if it helps, lol
My coach said that the sheet says 2 teaspoons of olive oil, but she recommends 2Tablespoons for all kinds of body function reasons. I am also taking Omegas twice a day. Unfortunately the calorie difference between 2 teaspoons (80 total) and 2 Tablespoons (240) is pretty significant when we are on a 900 calorie diet. So, I am trying to keep it around 1T a day to split the difference. If you hate the flavor, just use it as the base of your salad dressing and/or saute your veggies in it, or use it to cook your omelettes. Don't use it at high heat/for long periods or you lose some of the bennies of the oil. Also, you can find some that are labeled "milder flavor" although I like the strong ones since it tastes more like olives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeseebaby22 View Post
i had a chicken soup packet (DISGUSTING) for dinner and threw it away and made a lemon pudding instead, i had more proteins than carbs (i probably had one cup for the day) will that affect me?
You definitely want to get in your 4 cups of veggies, even if you skip the salad once in awhile. It can slow down your loss if you don't. Make them into soups (steam in microwave, make the IP soup, put the 2 in the blender with some herbs, and have a nice creamy soup for lunch. Works for broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, etc. You can toss your olive oil in here if you like! And it solves the problem of the soup being inedible, I couldn't agree more!). Or grill them, or toss them in olive oil and roast them in the oven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural girl View Post
Well I had my first WI this morning and I am a bit disappointed. I only lost 5 lbs in 9 days! I did lose 5 inches - 3 in my waist, 1.5 in thigh, & .5 in hips. I am quite happy about the 3" in my waist. I started TOM this morning so I am thinking/hoping maybe it would have been more if TOM weren't here. I guess I will find out next week. So many of you have lost so much more in even the first 5-7 days I just don't understand it. I have NOT cheated other than having a 4th pack one day. I think I am going to cut out restricted items or just do them every other day. I wish they would not have given us all these samples of them then they would not be here to tempt me!
congrats and lucky you! I've been at it for 5 weeks and have not lost that much off my waist, so what a great leap forward. It's about inches, in the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post
Well, it is not late to return. How much of the weight did you gain back? I lost 50 lbs on WW and gained 30 back in 3 months!. My problem is I get bored with whatever system I lose with and as I get older it becomes harder and I lose slower. it is a self destructive cycle. I think I have a food issue and I have to deal with it.
Don't give up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post

PLUS, if you're using ''cheating'' like a reward for having a great month on the plan, for exemple, you're getting yourself in the same old habit of using the food as a reward. .. IP is learning why our relation with food wasn't healty, and to give up those habits..
thanks for pointing this out...I have been promising myself if I get to my 20 pound mark with out a single cheat I can have a martini. I realize now how self destructive that is...and I'd rather have a facial in the long run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
... so that I will be in maintenance during my road trip home (we are moving from Colorado back to Oregon). ... So far this week on Phase 2 I haven't lost anything but that is ok - I know I am losing inches...my love handles are melting away...almost gone!!

Good news...I think I actually need to move my goal weight up! Crazy! It turns out that if I get down to 130 my body fat percentage will be a lot lower than need be. I guess I have a lot more muscle left from my dancing years than I thought! My body is almost where I want it to be except I would like to lose some more inches in my thighs/hips/butt and my arms. I think these are the areas that I initially put the weight on so hopefully that rule applies!

Than after I meet my goal weight I plan to get myself a personal trainer and bust out during maintenance. Hot bod by my 25th birthday is my goal (Feb 26, 2011).
Hey, welcome back to the great NW! If you need an IP coach in Portland, let me know, I like mine a lot!

I'm curious about you saying 130 is too low, as you and I are about the same size, and I also have a lot of muscle mass (I used to lift, and load trucks for a living). I set my goal at 140 and I have another friend who is 5 inches taller who just moved in phase 4 and she is chiding me to set my goal lower. I cannot imagine being lower than 140 would be healthy for me, and I've just been thinking I would get to 140 and see where my BMI is, and decide if I want to lose more. So, I'm glad to hear I may not be crazy after all!

That hot bod is going to be all yours, and you will have earned it!
Old 05-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 245/220/140

Height: 5'6"

Forgotton Calendar event: Beer tasting at the cooking school that we have had reservations for since before IP. I can't cancel, our family is all going to be there. WHAT WILL I DO?! I just wish I didn't have to go.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #309  

Ok had my weigh in.....TOM sort of got in the way. (no pun intended) Down 1.0 so happy with that considering!!!

This week I am not doing any restricted items. All along I have been able to so I will see if that will help a bit more too. If it does, then I might do that for awhile!!

Quite warm here---flower bed time.

Have a great night!!
Old 05-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
I have a question for y'all about oil... if you take the omega supplement, do you still add 1-2 teaspoons of oil on top of that? I take the IP omega pill 3x, one with each meal.
Yes. But I take the omega pills twice a day, 2 at breakfast and 2 at dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeseebaby22 View Post
I Use The Spray Of Extra Olive Oil Is That Ok? Or It Is It Best To Use The Regular Twist Off Cap One?
I use both. I use the spray when I'm sauteing something and the oil when I'm making crepes or salad dressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
here is a silly question and sorry if it has been answered before:

so as far as measuring vegetables; I of course assume that it is measuring them raw but what do you do when it has to do with something like cauliflower and it has been mushed up to pieces by a food processor. I had "cauliflower rice" last night and for the life of me could not figure out how many serving spoons would be equal to 2 cups of it. I guess maybe there is no solution but eye balling it. Anyways, don't want to be the whinny whinner on her but today I am worried I ate too much of it.
You might try measuring each vegetable that you normally eat one time and weighing it. After that you can weigh it every time--much easier than trying to use a measuring cup every time. I weigh out 6 ounces of broccoli and cauliflower as 2 cups' worth.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:10 PM   #311  

please forgive me if I am being dense but there is something I do not understand:

say I am using a salad dressing that has 110 calories in 2 tablespoons and 1 grams of carb; now if I switch that to olive oil based, wouldn't I still have the same calories and the only difference would be the 1 gram of carb.

I am asking because I realy don't want to make a mistake here. I know we are supposed to have 2 teaspoons of Olive oil per day but I already have that with the food I am cooking so basically if I use it as my dressing then I have gone over, right??

should I just wait for my WF dressing which wont be here till the 25th??
Old 05-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #312  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
You might try measuring each vegetable that you normally eat one time and weighing it. After that you can weigh it every time--much easier than trying to use a measuring cup every time. I weigh out 6 ounces of broccoli and cauliflower as 2 cups' worth.
sounds like a reasonable idea; I would hate to think I am having too much vegetables. I'll go to store after work and find a kitchen balance.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #313  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
please forgive me if I am being dense but there is something I do not understand:

say I am using a salad dressing that has 110 calories in 2 tablespoons and 1 grams of carb; now if I switch that to olive oil based, wouldn't I still have the same calories and the only difference would be the 1 gram of carb.

I am asking because I realy don't want to make a mistake here. I know we are supposed to have 2 teaspoons of Olive oil per day but I already have that with the food I am cooking so basically if I use it as my dressing then I have gone over, right??

should I just wait for my WF dressing which wont be here till the 25th??
You're right. You have to choose what you're going to use your oil in if you decide to stick to the 1-2 teaspoon protocol (that's what I'm doing). I usually measure out 1 teaspoon of olive oil and spray a bit of olive oil into the pans I use, so that I'm pretty sure I'm using the suggested amount. If I use 1 tsp. of oil in my salad dressing, I don't use it in my veggies, and vice versa. The problem with using a salad dressing that is 110 calories is you don't know how much of it is olive oil (if any) and you're supposed to eat 1-2 tsp. per day. One teaspoon has 40 calories. There are no calories in the vinegar or stevia or splenda. Your dressing has 110 calories--difference of 70 calories.

Quote:
sounds like a reasonable idea; I would hate to think I am having too much vegetables. I'll go to store after work and find a kitchen balance.
It would be better to eat a bit too much than to eat too little. Our on-plan veggies are pretty low in calories. They give us needed nutrition and keep our metabolisms up, as well as keeping us from getting constipation.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:13 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Justpeachy!... You have certainly come to the right place!

Frannie... all in the right direction...down! Good job!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:41 PM   #315  
Nichole

Calgarygirlie, BevS - thanks for the response on the oil!

SweetSheila, justpeachycc - Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
I have to laugh about too much water or drinking just before WI, I stop drinking water and hour before I go, and then run to the bathroom at the clinic, then hop on the coach's scale. I am sooooo sure that I have eliminated a least a lb of water that way. My coach just shakes her head.
LOL... me too! Since my next weigh in is mid-morning instead of lunch time, I'm going to try not drinking any water until afterwards. We'll see if that makes a difference. Because naturally I weigh myself before I go to make sure my clothes aren't too heavy.

I have really bad problems with constipation so my coach ordered Novi-Lax for me to try. Anyone else tried this? My pre-IP solution was causing seriously bad back pain so I'm really hoping this will work. The magnesium citrate didn't work for me.
Closed Thread