Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Look at he 1st few pages of this thread and see a comment I posted about the effects of exercise and the different heart rate phases... I strongly advice that you DO engage into some sort of physical activity but a low intensity one like Pilates, Yoga, Walking... that will help you lots

!
thanks a bunch. I had seen it and that is exactly what I do now. I walk fast but never run and try not to sweat too much. As much as I feel as though my body has done something.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:11 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 245/220/140

Height: 5'6"

I made a great dinner last night. I took lean ground beef and added hot sauce and seasoning to make it taco meat. Then I added it to lettuce wraps with and added some tomato and onion. It was so good and I didn't miss the cheese or the shell. I might have ate too much protein last night, but I got in a lot of lettuce too.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:13 PM   #108  

For those of you who are missing this ''crunchy feeling'', I use the IP soypuff Onion and sour cream in my salad, 3 or 4 for one salad. Those are really good in it, and the package last me a week or so..

Mamareinb I'm on birth control, and after my first month of IP, my period came 7 days before it was due, and lasted 10 days. Usually, with my birth control, I'm in my TOM like 2-3 days with like 3 drop a day lol, and then it was 10 freaking days with the Niagaras Falls!! I was really concerned, so I've seen my doctor and he said it was ok, that a change in the alimentation can do that.. I don't know if you're on birth control, but it's sure that if it is your first TOM on IP, it'll probably be the cause.. Anyway, just to be sure, better call your doctor!

Yingyang Thank you very much, Quebec city is a really nice place to live. Really cold in winter, but so beautiful with snow everywhere ! I'm really happy that you've enjoyed your stay here, this made my day !

Chimchamp It's been 40 days now that I'm on IP. Everything was going fine till friday. My doctor said to me to stop all IP, and eat only things like bread and rice. He gave me Lomocil (Like immodium, but 4xImmodium in one)

Feeling a little bit better this morning.. I've stopped all IP stuff and salad, so eating things like rice & bread. No coffee, tea, vegetables, cannot use Splenda or others things.. I'm gonna wait till I'm feeling fine again (I've called sick today also at work, I'm feeling so weak..), and then I'll start again IP. I hope that it'll be alright, because I love IP, but I don't want to make me really sick to lose weight.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:21 PM   #109  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
\ I'm on birth control, and after my first month of IP, my period came 7 days before it was due, and lasted 10 days. Usually, with my birth control, I'm in my TOM like 2-3 days with like 3 drop a day lol, and then it was 10 freaking days with the Niagaras Falls!! I was really concerned, so I've seen my doctor and he said it was ok, that a change in the alimentation can do that.. I don't know if you're on birth control, but it's sure that if it is your first TOM on IP, it'll probably be the cause.. Anyway, just to be sure, better call your doctor!
I hope you were warned that when you are on IP you need to take extra precaution (condoms) not to get pregnant as well... Pills are not as effective!
Old 05-18-2010, 01:32 PM   #110  

Height: 5'8"

nicholeoh no! so sorry you don't like them much, i'm going to have to look for the HEB water with splenda, i had no idea!

lady5andy
i am on BC, implanon to be exact, this is actually my second period on ip so far in less than 4 weeks. i'm googling alimentation right now! ok, so it means the change in diet. i hope that's all it is. setting up an appt with the ob sometime this week!

queenjumbie
that sounds so good! i've done it with chicken breast season with salt, pepper, ground cumin, garlic and cayenne and it's just like fajitas! i miss the sour cream the most

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-18-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Rhubarb + IP maple oatmeal= YUM!..... just sayin
Old 05-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
good old eggs or ground flax?
I thought that flax would count as a grain and we couldn't have it???
Old 05-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelliemom View Post
Rhubarb + IP maple oatmeal= YUM!..... just sayin
I love the IP Maple Oatmeat alone for breakfast, I and the amount of water they say on the pkg, then mic it for about 22 sec. then add some more warm water and mic it again for about 22 sec. This way you get a bigger bowl!! Then I sprinkle on some cinnamon and pour in a little of the vanilla drink. YUM YUM YUM
Old 05-18-2010, 01:50 PM   #114  

Quote:
I hope you were warned that when you are on IP you need to take extra precaution (condoms) not to get pregnant as well... Pills are not as effective!
OMG !!! No, I've never heard that I should use extra precaution. Damn I hope that'll be allright.... I'll use triple precaution now lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
lady5andy
i am on BC, implanon to be exact, this is actually my second period on ip so far in less than 4 weeks. i'm googling alimentation right now! ok, so it means the change in diet. i hope that's all it is. setting up an appt with the ob sometime this week
Well as Deinekatze said, I think we should use extraprecaution..
Old 05-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #115  

Fyi: my Tuesday feels like a Monday.
and very tempted but this http://www.julianbakery.com/lcpromo....FQ1biAodkEQvJQ but wont do it.

Last edited by pitakitten; 05-18-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 245/220/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
WHOA! No one told me this! Why wouldn't pills be as effective? It's not like I'm having an antibiotic shake! I'm going to be paranoid all month.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJumbie View Post
WHOA! No one told me this! Why wouldn't pills be as effective? It's not like I'm having an antibiotic shake! I'm going to be paranoid all month.
quick simple non-scientific explanation: it messes up with your hormones.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #118  

Journeysend: you can use eggs for your hamburger binder.... and, yes you can puree some cauliflower to add in there (I always do this for the kids). It even tastes better with pureed butternut squash, but we can't have this on IP so remember that one when you've reached your goal

mamaerinb: I have never experienced excess flow, but this is something that would take me to my coach or doctor (and I am someone who's totally lost faith in the medical system).

I don't have the time or energy to exercise - the kids keep me occupied during the day, and in the evening hubby and I either relax or declutter/pack for our move.

I second the Kale chips!!! Hubby and I ate an entire bunch of kale in 2 days. My preschooler even liked them.

Here's a NSV - I tried on a pair of old pants that fit like spandex 2 weeks ago, but now they actually fit!! Maybe I can take away that 'beached whale' comment. Pants are just hard for me because I seem to carry my weight on my legs and hips - very difficult to find something that fits. Fortunately, I've been tapping into my pre-kids wardrobe and I'm about 10 pounds away from where I was 4 years ago. Feels like I'm turning back time... as far as my wardrobe is concerned, at least.

I also called a Dr. Bernstein clinic, and yes the prepackaged shakes are $12cdn per pack in Canada, but there is only 4 in a pack. This is still a better deal than buying the IP shakes where you get 6 in a pack for $33cdn. Just thought I'd let fellow canadians know
Old 05-18-2010, 04:41 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

Does anyone know if we are allowed to use taco seasoning from a packet? I read it today and it didn't have sugar, but it mentioned corn syrup. Should I just stick to making my own?

To those having diarrhea problems: When my dad was doing the south beach diet I remember the dr telling him to take it easy with the splenda because it can cause diarrhea. Not sure exactly why but for some reason it acted like a laxative.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
Does anyone know if we are allowed to use taco seasoning from a packet? I read it today and it didn't have sugar, but it mentioned corn syrup. Should I just stick to making my own?

To those having diarrhea problems: When my dad was doing the south beach diet I remember the dr telling him to take it easy with the splenda because it can cause diarrhea. Not sure exactly why but for some reason it acted like a laxative.
Yes, I think is it a part of the problem. Thanks for the info !
Closed Thread