Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 07:26 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

quick question. What happens if we eat more than the 5oz of meat or 7 oz of seafood? Should we just not have the 3rd packet or what?
Old 05-17-2010, 07:50 PM   #62  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Hi there, I am an old iper from way back, started my journey in Nov but only of phase 1 as on March (followed phase 4 while nursing) till I was done. I am just about at my goal and feel great... I was reading some older posts. I think it was Pookee who said she was on program, feeling yucky and breastfeeding, I was told no back in Nov for a few reasons your body needs about 300-500 calories to make milk so between that and only eating 900-or 1000 cals per day.. even with an extra packet your not getting enough food. Also, ketones will pass thru your milk which are not good for baby, that was why I waited till I was done, I think someone else suggested coming off program till you and your little one are ready to be done nursing I agree. I still lost on phase 4 it was way slower but I was eating healthier which was good for both my son and I, not sure if that helps you at all!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:22 PM   #63  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Received an edible arrangment today with lots of fruit and chocolate covered strawberries. I have stared at it all day.
Can I freeze it all???? Anybody know? Or do I need to find someone to give it to tomorrow. Wish I could have received a gift certificate and gotten the arrangement at some future date.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-17-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #64  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
16 weeks, 50 pounds. Six months ago, I'd never have believed I could get here. And it feels great!

Oh, and 35 inches.
Yaaaaaaaaaaay!! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Hi ladies,

So after being off IP for a week, after I have my glucose testing and....

Have a great day everyone.
Your new pic is beautiful!! So glad you're back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I had a great weigh in this week -5.7 lbs!! AND my coach featured me as her first "client of the month". She wrote up a wonderful blurb about me in her monthly newsletter plus gave me a free week of food and a really sweet bike odometer as a gift!

PLUS - I'm over half way to my goal and only have 9.4 lbs to go before I'm in onederland!!

Oh and check out my blog Fat Kid Memoirs for 4 month progress pictures!!
Jordanna-you have GOT to be so proud, WOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Received an edible arrangment today with lots of fruit and chocolate covered strawberries. I have stared at it all day.
Can I freeze it all???? Anybody know? Or do I need to find someone to give it to tomorrow. Wish I could have received a gift certificate and gotten the arrangement at some future date.
I would give it away, unfortunately that kind of stuff does not freeze well

Hopped on the scale again at work today...still hovering at 180.1. 2 ounces is what stalling me till 170's?? WHY cannot i just not get to the 170's?? I've lost maybe 2 lbs in the last 2 weeks and TOM is back with a vengeance...i don't want my body to be comfortable at this weight any longer, this is where i've been for 3 years and i just can't seem to get past it. it's really discouraging to know that you're paying all of this $$ to lost maybe a pound a week. guess i got too spoiled on week 1 and 2, how long did y'all plateau??

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-17-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:51 PM   #65  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Monarch...the friend that turned me on to IP said she used to crumble some vinegar crisps to put on her salad. The package would last her 5-6 days, but it satisfied that craving without going off IP. Hope it helps you, too.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:51 PM   #66  

Height: 5'10"

Default Body Temp?

A quick question for anyone who might have some input. . . I have been on IP for just over 3 months now, but my loss has slowed considerably (maybe a pound a week, sometimes none at all for the past month). I had been reading up on issues relating to metabolism, and there seems to be some research to support that a low body temp (1 or more degrees below normal) correlates to a low metabolism and/or a thyroid issue. I do have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, but I am actively receiving treatment. Out of curiosity, I have been taking my temps for the past 2 days. I am hovering around 97.5 or so. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Could this low body temp be somehow linked to my weight loss?
Old 05-17-2010, 08:52 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
16 weeks, 50 pounds. Six months ago, I'd never have believed I could get here. And it feels great!

Oh, and 35 inches.
How completely awesome! That was some very needed inspiration. Going through a rough breakup. I'm very aware of wanting to eat over my feelings. Carla, your post about the things you look forward to doing without weight being an issue was inspiring too. I have been doing IP for almost a month and have lost over 20 pounds. Feel great, but not using food to mask emotions is a new one for me!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #68  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Oh, and 35 inches.

Congrats!!!!:: Five carrots for each 10 lbs lost. [I can't get the 5th carrot to work] To reach 0 has to feel awesome! And in only 16 weeks!

Last edited by ChelleFL; 05-17-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:16 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dalai Mama View Post

That recipe for the drinks sounds lovely, but my coach tells me that we cannot drink sparkling water. Shucks!
I don't know for you, but my coach said Perrier is OK because it's only carbonated water and sodium. Dr. Tran even use Perrier in some of his recipes on his website.

When I'm out with friends at a restaurant or something like that, I always ask for a Perrier with a slice of lemon, and that's a great way to be ''normal'' and have a drink like everybody else.
_______
I know it'll probably be TMI but I'm feeling really sick since Friday night.. Since Friday night I'm having severe diarrhea, and today there was blood in it.... I've called sick at work today, I was feeling sooo bad..

Just coming from the doctor right now, and he said to me to eat bread, and pasta, because I have no energy at all, and diarrhea since 4 days is really dangerous, so here I am eating macaroni, and no green vegetables OR lettuce for the next day.. Feeling a little bit better tonight, hope I'll be feeling fine again soon, and that it'll not affect my weight loss. I don't consider it cheating because IT IS for my health, but I'm not really enjoying this macaroni right now
_________
In a completly other order of ideas, I've juste read this quote from Michel Jordan, and I think that it's really inspiring.

If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
Michael Jordan

Have a wonderful week everyone

Last edited by 1FCuser; 05-17-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:41 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Just back from parents after 3 days and weigh less than before which is nice BUT had to lay down after driving 3 hours in the sun. Can't believe it. Using my iPhone now as had to type this. Don't think anyone gets this feeling but you guys. Think I need salt but to be honest no energy to get off the bed. Argggg
Old 05-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #71  

NSV alrert! lol, everytime i'm having a rough moment one of these seems to pop up. i just actually did 10 REAL pushups, no not the girly ones with knees on the ground but ACTUAL pushups! and you know what? it didn't kill me to do it, i don't think i've done a real pushup since high school, WOW!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-17-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 249/203/135

Height: 5ft 7 "

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeseebaby22 View Post
I Bought Some Peel And Eat Shrimp From Publix Fro Dinner Tonight. Is There A Limit To How Much I Can Eat? I Was Going To Steam Some Spinach To Eat With It. Walden Farm Dressing On Top? Idk How To Cook So I Need All The Advice/tips I Can Get.
I know it can be hard! They do have recipe books that you can get thru IP. I think there are 3. I would ask if your coach has them and if you could look thru. They are all different, and one maybe easier for you to try. Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Monarch...the friend that turned me on to IP said she used to crumble some vinegar crisps to put on her salad. The package would last her 5-6 days, but it satisfied that craving without going off IP. Hope it helps you, too.
Great idea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I have the Rhubarb Crisp recipe up on with pictures if you want to check it out!
Great blog! Thanks for the pics and recipe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
If you freeze it the fruit it will shrink, and the chocolate will fall off and crumble. It would be edible, but soooooo not the same!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:07 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
NSV alrert! lol, everytime i'm having a rough moment one of these seems to pop up. i just actually did 10 REAL pushups, no not the girly ones with knees on the ground but ACTUAL pushups! and you know what? it didn't kill me to do it, i don't think i've done a real pushup since high school, WOW!
super nice! don't think I'd be able to do one, even a girly one
Old 05-17-2010, 10:12 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
I think it was Pookee who said she was on program, feeling yucky and breastfeeding, I was told no back in Nov for a few reasons your body needs about 300-500 calories to make milk so between that and only eating 900-or 1000 cals per day.. even with an extra packet your not getting enough food. Also, ketones will pass thru your milk which are not good for baby, that was why I waited till I was done, I think someone else suggested coming off program till you and your little one are ready to be done nursing I agree. I still lost on phase 4 it was way slower but I was eating healthier which was good for both my son and I, not sure if that helps you at all!!!
Hi there,
Yeah, that was me. My girl is 17 months old and is now only feeding 2 times a day and getting LOTS of solid food and liquids. The milk she gets from me is only really an act of comfort; she didn't get much milk before I started IP (only 3 or 4 feeds a day).
The reason I waited so long to start IP was because I had concerns about passing on the artificial sweetener through my breast milk, along with any toxins I am releasing into my system by losing fat.
About a month ago, I was feeling incredibly fat and hot in the spring weather and decided that I had to be selfish and get my body back. I thought about which was better: breastfeeding and feeling horrible about myself, or going on IP and getting my body back to myself.
I am in the process of weaning my girl, but will be sticking to the IP program as I need to do this for myself.
I do want to thank everyone for their concern and help with this... I wish my coach would have given me more information when I started so I could have weaned my girl before I started.

Last edited by pookee; 05-17-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:15 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
quick question. What happens if we eat more than the 5oz of meat or 7 oz of seafood? Should we just not have the 3rd packet or what?
The regional manager said if you're hungry, a little extra protein is what you SHOULD eat. Don't skip your packet. When I asked him whether to measure protein before or after cooking, he said it really didn't matter cause the extra amount of protein we would eat wouldn't hurt our weight loss.
Closed Thread