Ip Chat Week May 17 - 23

You're on Page 9 of 35
Go to
  • Quote: Does anyone know if we are allowed to use taco seasoning from a packet? I read it today and it didn't have sugar, but it mentioned corn syrup. Should I just stick to making my own?

To those having diarrhea problems: When my dad was doing the south beach diet I remember the dr telling him to take it easy with the splenda because it can cause diarrhea. Not sure exactly why but for some reason it acted like a laxative.

I found this receipe for taco seasoning:
    Low-Carb/Sugar-Free Taco Seasoning

1 tbsp chili powder
    2 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp ground cumin
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp ground oregano
    1 tsp Splenda/Altern(you can buy it at Wal-Mart & it tastes better than Spenda)
    1/2 tsp salt
  • Quote: I found this receipe for taco seasoning:
    Low-Carb/Sugar-Free Taco Seasoning
    Thanks I'm going to try that tonight. Been wanting a taco salad and figured if I could at least have meat on it that tastes like a taco then I won't miss the other stuff lol.
  • small portion of bacon bits on a salad? Just had some. And we have some at home too, I am just wondering if it would be o.k to add a tea spoon to every salad just to jazz it up a bit.
  • That sounds good! Taco Salad.....will make it this weekend.

Sometimes I just make a veggie salad (no lettuce). Cucumbers, tomato, peppers, oniion, cauliflower, broc, mix it with olive oil, vinegar and your choice of seasonings....this helps me with the Crunch Factor! And I get in my 2 cups of veggies for lunch that way.
  • Quote: That sounds good! Taco Salad.....will make it this weekend.

Sometimes I just make a veggie salad (no lettuce). Cucumbers, tomato, peppers, oniion, cauliflower, broc, mix it with olive oil, vinegar and your choice of seasonings....this helps me with the Crunch Factor! And I get in my 2 cups of veggies for lunch that way.
    I just made one with lettuce, tomatoem cucumbers, alfalfa sprouts, and oil/vinegar. And I know I probably shouldn't of but I used a couple corn chips for crunch. They don't have sugar or anything just higher in fat and oil so I won't be having anymore oils today.

Also curious about the bacon bits. That would help alot!
  • That taco salad sounds great!! I'll have to try it.

I'm a bit down today as I had my 3 week WI. I only lost 2 pounds. Darn TOM! Hopefully next week will be better. I must stay focused.
  • I was bummed too at my second WI. TOM blues. But I think it was carla that reassured that the following week you will generally see a significant loss. That was true for me, my WI the third week showed a loss of 7 pounds. woohoo!

I'm really wanting a cocktail. Damn breakup! So what I have researched is that say vodka might not throw you out of ketosis but you will burn the alcohol first, thereby slowing the fat burning. I don't know... who was talking about the slippery slope? Just one little drinkie???
  • Quote: I was bummed too at my second WI. TOM blues. But I think it was carla that reassured that the following week you will generally see a significant loss. That was true for me, my WI the third week showed a loss of 7 pounds. woohoo!

I'm really wanting a cocktail. Damn breakup! So what I have researched is that say vodka might not throw you out of ketosis but you will burn the alcohol first, thereby slowing the fat burning. I don't know... who was talking about the slippery slope? Just one little drinkie???
    I was the one who slipped. ummm just remember one drinkie will lead to more and then the cheese pluse crackers look rather tempting and then that bottle of wine you've been staring at just looks so good.
    I had one cocktail, then neighbors invited us over and well they had a bottle of wine open (then 2) plus apps and the rest is history. the one little drinkie actually made me tipsy so judgement went out the door.
  • WOW, so proud of you all! You're doing great.
    Novak, you are my inspiration, 135!!! Yes!
    Carla, enjoy that moment, I can't wait to get there, and love the new pic!
    Speaking of new pics, Jordanna, yours is very cool, and you're doing so well, congrats.
    Elizabeth, you must be getting excited, it's getting soooooo close!
    Wyso, How are you???

When I returned from the Cruise on Mothers day I had gained 10 lbs! 4 days back on IP and at my WI last Friday it showed I had only gained .50, so that was great! On my scales it still shows I'm up 1 lb., but I'm sticking to it. Not being as strict on myself this week as I was last week, not sure why, but I need a kick in the butt or something. Any volunteers?

Well, I've missed you all. I'm happy to see all the new people.

Stay true to IP and IP will stay true to you!
  • i finally found a diet soda with sucralose!! i didn't buy it bc i wanted everyone's honest opinion about this but it's called 'hansen's natural diet creamy root beer"(they have all different sorts of flavors but this is the one that caught my eye). here are the ingredients:
    Triple Filtered Carbonated Water, Caramel Color, Potassium Citrate, Phosphoric Acid, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium,natural Flavors(licorice Root Extracts,madagascan Vanilla,wintergreen,anise),acacia.

all you senior memebers(or anyone that has input)-do you see anything that may interfere with IP? not planning on drinking 4 a day, just maybe one on the weekend while others are doing the beer/drinks thing.

thanks!

kelseywow, talk about bouncing right back! you're obviously doing something right, no kick in the butt needed in my opinion
  • All the talk about tacos got me. Just purchased ground buffalo and will making tacos on Thursday with iceberg lettuce!!

also purchased another 3 pound bag of frozen rhubarb; just ran out yesterday. This means I had 3 pounds of rhubarb in one week! seems like a lot.
  • Quote:
    all you senior memebers(or anyone that has input)-do you see anything that may interfere with IP? not planning on drinking 4 a day, just maybe one on the weekend while others are doing the beer/drinks thing.

thanks!

kelseywow, talk about bouncing right back! you're obviously doing something right, no kick in the butt needed in my opinion
    Well thanks for not kicking me in the butt!

As far as this drink I really have no clue. Did you get the nutritional facts?
  • Quote: I was the one who slipped. ummm just remember one drinkie will lead to more and then the cheese pluse crackers look rather tempting and then that bottle of wine you've been staring at just looks so good.
    I had one cocktail, then neighbors invited us over and well they had a bottle of wine open (then 2) plus apps and the rest is history. the one little drinkie actually made me tipsy so judgement went out the door.
    I AM afraid of losing sound judgement. I suppose I should just focus on the positive; the growing self esteem from being committed to IP, the changes in my body. But it's crazy how old maladaptive coping mechanisms kick in. That said, the bummer part about IP for me is socializing can be a struggle. I know there are ways to compensate, you know, bringing your own food, etc.. but honestsly for me that really the only time I really struggle with temptation.
  • kelsey
    Nutritional Facts:
    Serving Size 1 can Calories 0 Total Fat 0g 0%, Sodium 0mg 0%, Total Carb 0g 0%, Sugars 0g, Protein 0g 0%

Hmmmmm?

pitamy husband LOVES the buffalo, maybe i can get him to do some healthy lettuce warps with me

kellyrook
    that has been the only time i cheated, at a bbq with people drinking telling me "it's ok! there's no carbs in voda perriers!" i rationalized myself into it and only lost 1.5 lbs that week

karleem2 lbs is a fantastic loss! congrats!
  • [QUOTE=mamaerinb;3297604]kelsey
    Nutritional Facts:
    Serving Size 1 can Calories 0 Total Fat 0g 0%, Sodium 0mg 0%, Total Carb 0g 0%, Sugars 0g, Protein 0g 0%

Hmmmmm?

I say yes, but you'll get lots of other opinions from those who have been doing this longer than me, so let's see what they have to say! I would think it falls under the "if you're having anything else it must be 0 this and 0 that" category!