Ip Chat Week May 17 - 23

You're on Page 28 of 35
Go to
  • Quote: Harris Teeter carries it, if you have one of those in the area. It's often on sale for $2.99, also.
    thanks, don't have those in seattle (I think) but the WF rep said the safeway close to my house has it. Funny, the safeways here are so white trashy that I never thought to check for it in there. Safeways are only good for TP around here.
  • Every day since January I questionned myself whether I could do it or not! Had my ups (like right now!) and downs (when I broke to tears saying I can't do this anymore and/or cheated!). A good advice would be to follow the plan and postpone every temptation to 30min. after the next meal. That is usually when I feel great about myself, about the plan and not hungry! It is easier then to say I don't need this food, I am worth feeling good about myself and... maybe I'll eat a piece when I am done with the program!

Hi SylnieG,
    I am inspired by your progress but was hoping that after being on the program for so long, you wouldn't get hungry and the amount of food would be enough. Are you hungry when you are tempted or do you crave carbs and food you can't have?
  • Good news ...well for me anyways . New lifestyle has the premade drinks again . I just ordered 4 cases of them . I would be lost without my premade shakes . I love them . Also theres a promotion enter May 2010 and it will give you a 35.00 discount . I was getting worried they were not going to have them .

Jordanna you are very wise to spend your money the way your going to . So proud of you . Would love to be close enough to get to know you better and hang out . Your awesome !

• This could have been asked here before......can you have the same packet three times a day? I really dislike the soup and there are other things I do like but I just love love love the chocolate drink you make yourself. Sooooo I thought this next week I would just do those. Would that be ok or no?
  • Quote: Good news ...well for me anyways . New lifestyle has the premade drinks again . I just ordered 4 cases of them . I would be lost without my premade shakes . I love them . Also theres a promotion enter May 2010 and it will give you a 35.00 discount . I was getting worried they were not going to have them .

Jordanna you are very wise to spend your money the way your going to . So proud of you . Would love to be close enough to get to know you better and hang out . Your awesome !
    Awww thanks CW I think you're amazing!! One day we should all go away on an IP cruise or something lol.

Quote: This could have been asked here before......can you have the same packet three times a day? I really dislike the soup and there are other things I do like but I just love love love the chocolate drink you make yourself. Sooooo I thought this next week I would just do those. Would that be ok or no?
    Sure can as long as it's not a restricted package. I live off of the vanilla and strawberry pudding
  • Quote: This could have been asked here before......can you have the same packet three times a day? I really dislike the soup and there are other things I do like but I just love love love the chocolate drink you make yourself. Sooooo I thought this next week I would just do those. Would that be ok or no?
    Yes. Lots of people just do the drinks.

Also, Lindora has free shipping on orders over $50 from now through this Sunday.
  • Lindora???
    Quote: Yes. Lots of people just do the drinks.

Also, Lindora has free shipping on orders over $50 from now through this Sunday.
    Can you explain to me what Lindora is exactly?
  • I have a couple of questions for the more experienced ladies on IP:
    Do you know about MIM (muffin in a minute) from Atkins? Can you use that in IP? I have horrific constipation problems that when I am on low carbs plans worsen. It seems like what ever I do is only good for a short time and my body ajusts to it, so that it won't work any more. This has been the case with colace, dulcolax, fiber, roughage, acidophilus (I guess this can be counted as probiotic), magnesium, metamucil and water with all of these. of those who have the same problem, what works for you on this plan?
    One other concern I have is not only missing fruit but also the fact that not eating them puts me down the wrong road! MIM has been working for me so far but I was wondering if it can be used on IP.

I check this forum with a lot of excitement every time. I am amazed at how many people are as engaged in this plan as I have only met one person who has been on it.

"I love all the carbs, they just don't love me back."
    PQ
  • Quote: Can you explain to me what Lindora is exactly?
    Lindora is a company similar to Ideal Protein. They sell packets that are similar to IP's, except they are about half the price. Some have 2-3 more carbs than their IP counterpart. You have to be careful to check the ingredients. Some of the items have aspartame in them. However, Dr. Tran said aspartame was OK to eat on the plan. I don't eat it cause it gives me migraines. Some people think it's "evil." Some items are too expensive to buy at either place. For example, a box of soy nuts from Ideal Protein has 7 packets containing about 1 ounce each. $27 is way too much to pay for 7 ounces of soy nuts. The same box at Lindora costs $6.75. However, you can get a bag of soy nuts from the health food store containing over 11 ounces for $1.63. Just measure out 1-ounce portions for yourself. Identical bars (I only buy the caramel nut bars) made by the same manufacturer sell for $27 a box at Ideal Protein and $13.50 at Lindora. You get the picture. Check out Lindora's website at www.lindora.com.
  • Quote: This could have been asked here before......can you have the same packet three times a day? I really dislike the soup and there are other things I do like but I just love love love the chocolate drink you make yourself. Sooooo I thought this next week I would just do those. Would that be ok or no?
    I hate the soups with all my heart. Take them back and do an exchange! I have done that twice now and seems like I have to do it again as they gave me the banana/pineapple drink which I also hate hate hate.

you can have any 3 packages that you want per day as long as they are NOT on the restricted items list.
  • Quote: Keep going! You are doing great! Look to Jordanna and Novak whenever you struggle they are inspirational
    Monkey! Where have you been? Looks like you're holding your own... excellent job! Nice of you to tie my name to Jordanna's when it comes to inspiration, but she makes me look like an amateur. Still, thanks for the nod... I appreciate it.

Glad you dropped by. Don't be a stranger!
  • Quote: Thanks, Novak. You're right. It feels terrific. I started Phase 3 today. I had all the food here cause my husband has been eating normally the whole time. Breakfast was a lot of food, but I managed to clean my plate quite nicely. I'm looking forward to the next two weeks.
    Cool... let's do Phase 3 together.
  • Lindora
    Quote: Lindora is a company similar to Ideal Protein. They sell packets that are similar to IP's, except they are about half the price. Some have 2-3 more carbs than their IP counterpart. You have to be careful to check the ingredients. Some of the items have aspartame in them. However, Dr. Tran said aspartame was OK to eat on the plan. I don't eat it cause it gives me migraines. Some people think it's "evil." Some items are too expensive to buy at either place. For example, a box of soy nuts from Ideal Protein has 7 packets containing about 1 ounce each. $27 is way too much to pay for 7 ounces of soy nuts. The same box at Lindora costs $6.75. However, you can get a bag of soy nuts from the health food store containing over 11 ounces for $1.63. Just measure out 1-ounce portions for yourself. Identical bars (I only buy the caramel nut bars) made by the same manufacturer sell for $27 a box at Ideal Protein and $13.50 at Lindora. You get the picture.
    Wow! Thank you for explaining that. That is really good to know and I plan on checking that out.
  • Quote: I have a couple of questions for the more experienced ladies on IP:
    Do you know about MIM (muffin in a minute) from Atkins? Can you use that in IP? I have horrific constipation problems that when I am on low carbs plans worsen. It seems like what ever I do is only good for a short time and my body ajusts to it, so that it won't work any more. This has been the case with colace, dulcolax, fiber, roughage, acidophilus (I guess this can be counted as probiotic), magnesium, metamucil and water with all of these. of those who have the same problem, what works for you on this plan?
    One other concern I have is not only missing fruit but also the fact that not eating them puts me down the wrong road! MIM has been working for me so far but I was wondering if it can be used on IP.

I check this forum with a lot of excitement every time. I am amazed at how many people are as engaged in this plan as I have only met one person who has been on it.

"I love all the carbs, they just don't love me back."
    PQ
    I looked it up on line and here is the recipe:

"Muffin in a Minute (MIM)
    Nutritional Information
    Per Serving:

Net Carbs: 3.2 grams
    Fiber: 8.8 grams
    Protein: 12 grams
    Fat: 18 grams
    Calories: 243

Makes: 1 serving

Ingredients:

1/4 cup flax meal (8.09 total carbs, 7.6 fiber)
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder (0.64 net carbs)
    1 packet splenda packet (0.9 net carbs)
    1 teaspoon cinnamon (1.84 total carbs, 1.2 fiber)
    1 large egg (0.6 net carbs)
    1 teaspoon butter
    (can add tablespoon of sour cream to make more moist)

Directions:

Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug.
    Stir.
    Then add the egg and the butter. Mix.
    Microwave 1 minute (or more). Take out. slice, butter, eat.
    Cream cheese would go nicely, too.
    The shape of this can be changed by making it in a bowl.
    It can be "toasted" once it's cooked.
    The cinnamon can be replaced. I would imagine that any sugar free syrup could be added.
    Some people count the flax as a carb/fiber wash, so then the net carbs would be 2.78."

If it were me, I would use one of my teaspoons of olive oil in place of the butter and use the MIM in place of a meal packet. 12 protein grams is a little light. You could have half of a protein shake with 0 to 1 carb in addition to the muffin. And, of course, don't use the sour cream, cream cheese, or butter for spreading. The fat content is pretty high though. Nine of those grams are in the flax meal. You could use 1 or 2 egg whites instead of a whole egg to cut the fat down. The rest of the fat would be in the olive oil, which we need every day anyway. Remember, your body doesn't get knocked out of ketosis by fat. However, it has to burn the dietary fat before burning your body fat. The fat in flax meal is really high quality though and high in Omega 3's. It's your call. Oh, yeah, I'd count it as a restricted item due to the higher calorie content and fat content.
  • I just checked the website. They sell protein shakes and such. Are these alolowed to be substituted. i looked them over and compared them to some of the IP products and most are identical in nutritional values and numbers.