3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ip Chat Week May 17 - 23 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/202043-ip-chat-week-may-17-23-a.html)

want2run 05-18-2010 09:28 PM

I tried the rhubarb last weekend and fell in love. I could only find it fresh and I poured some sugar free vanilla syrup over and followed someones suggestion of micro-ing it for ten minutes. It was heavenly. Now, I would like to find it frozen if this is cheaper, it was like $4.99 a pound fresh. I have it growing in my backyard but it is not ready yet. Anyone in WA state found it frozen?

I had my weigh-in today and am down another 3.8lbs. It was a good week.

mamaerinb, I think the hasen's drink should be fine once in a while. I have also found soda's called Zevia made with stevia, a natural sweetener. I have had one or two a week the last two weeks and not noticed a difference.

mamaerinb 05-18-2010 09:53 PM

want2run

OMG!! look how close you are now to your 2nd goal!! and almost in the 200's, CONGRATS!! you are doing superb!!

and i saw the zevia brand drinks too today, a little nervous about the taste though, i hear stevia's aftertaste is something to get used to.

pitakitten 05-18-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3297604)
kelsey
Nutritional Facts:
Serving Size 1 can Calories 0 Total Fat 0g 0%, Sodium 0mg 0%, Total Carb 0g 0%, Sugars 0g, Protein 0g 0%

Hmmmmm?:D

pitamy husband LOVES the buffalo, maybe i can get him to do some healthy lettuce warps with me;)

kellyrook
that has been the only time i cheated, at a bbq with people drinking telling me "it's ok! there's no carbs in voda perriers!" i rationalized myself into it and only lost 1.5 lbs that week:(

karleem2 lbs is a fantastic loss! congrats!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellyrook (Post 3297574)
I AM afraid of losing sound judgement. I suppose I should just focus on the positive; the growing self esteem from being committed to IP, the changes in my body. But it's crazy how old maladaptive coping mechanisms kick in. That said, the bummer part about IP for me is socializing can be a struggle. I know there are ways to compensate, you know, bringing your own food, etc.. but honestsly for me that really the only time I really struggle with temptation.

I am NOT telling my partner that its buffalo! ;) he says he doesn't like it but I have a feeling if I just tell him that I bought it from a special butcher I found, he wont know the difference. I have never had it before but have heard great things and ready to try it! Just get your hubby some taco shells??

Kellyrook: i am the same way, haven't socialized at all since on the no drinking diet, am fully scared to. My life even if not out had the routine of coming home and cracking a bottle open while I did chores; LOVED the red wine at nights and LOVED going out for drinks but you know think diet has put all the empty calories I was drinking into perspective. Can I suggest something completley lame?? CLEANING! clean your heart out literally and methaporicaly. Just clean, the moldings, under the couch, turn the mattress, whatever you can so that you don't do what you are not supposed to do. As far as socializing, I am going to a baby shower this weekend (includes alcohol) and plan to take my own drink and have food prior. I am taking a pom/berry IP drink with, I'll put some lemon in it and just go with it. All that being said and I hope I don't get a lash out for this, my coach was the one who suggested having a bit of vodka with the pom/berry drink. maybe that is why I like her ;)

pitakitten 05-18-2010 10:39 PM

ummm re cocktails: not sure who suggested this BUT I just made something very yummy: Pellegrino+lemon+dash of vanilla! very yummy, I don't like anything sweet and this just hit the spot.

kellyrook 05-18-2010 10:48 PM

Pita: your post about the cleaning cracked me up! I have experienced the cleaning high, though not so much lately. My cocktail jones has passed. Just not worth it, I'm already sort of sad and if I blew my diet it could send me over the edge. OK, not really but this is one area of my life that I'm super excited about.

karleem 05-18-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [B
karleem[/B]2 lbs is a fantastic loss! congrats!

Thanks. I was just hoping it would be more. Thanks for putting it into perspective!
Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3297668)

Kellyrook: i am the same way, haven't socialized at all since on the no drinking diet, am fully scared to. My life even if not out had the routine of coming home and cracking a bottle open while I did chores; LOVED the red wine at nights and LOVED going out for drinks but you know think diet has put all the empty calories I was drinking into perspective. Can I suggest something completley lame?? CLEANING! clean your heart out literally and methaporicaly. Just clean, the moldings, under the couch, turn the mattress, whatever you can so that you don't do what you are not supposed to do. As far as socializing, I am going to a baby shower this weekend (includes alcohol) and plan to take my own drink and have food prior. I am taking a pom/berry IP drink with, I'll put some lemon in it and just go with it. All that being said and I hope I don't get a lash out for this, my coach was the one who suggested having a bit of vodka with the pom/berry drink. maybe that is why I like her ;)

It has been years since I really "drank" at social gatherings. In the begginning days, my friends really gave me a hard time about it. I just decided that I was more comfortable just having water, or juice etc. After a while, they never bugged me about it. I think now back on it, I still have as much fun as I did before! It just takes a bit of time for "everyone else" to get used to it. Just like this diet. You can be creative with extracts and flavors when you want something special. Oh - and if that doesn't work when I am just drinking water someone will ask me what I'm drinking and I say straight up vodka.
Wait till you see the look you get!!!
Good luck! Remember its just another "habit" ya got to break to be healthy!

Rocky Monarch 05-18-2010 11:16 PM

just had my 2nd WI although it is week 4 (I've been out of town). I was pretty disappointed that it was only 4 pounds for 2 weeks. I have been on plan for 4 straight weeks with not one single cheat. I've been weighing my food, drinking water like a fish, taking my vitamins. Even on the road and having to go out to dinner with clients, etc. One night I went to cheesecake factory and got a piece of the low carb cheesecake back to my hotel and then talked myself out of it and threw it away!!!

I guess the good news is as of today I am no longer in bootcamp. Still no bars or other IP foods (my coach says not till I'm at 80% of my loss) but at least I can have some tomato or eggplant! I was so excited to have more veggies to choose from! We ran home and made baba ganoush and it is going to be my afterwork treat on celery this week.

anyway, whine, whine. Glad I have all you guys who know what I mean...
and as of this week I get to go back to riding my bike and walking to work which my coach would not let me do in bootcamp...so I'm just gonna suck it up and make it better next week, I guess.

I love the perrier/lemon/vanilla, and cannot wait to try that as my treat tomorrow!

mamaerinb 05-18-2010 11:27 PM

Rocy Monarch
Hey 2 lbs a week is good, and what's even better is that you have trained yourself to say 'no' to tempting things like cheesecake(low carb, low fat, low cal, whatever!). be proud of yourself in the other achievements you have made in the last 2 weeks, by and chance is TOM lurking or happened in the last couple weeks

WOW, when the heck did i become a "senior member"!? only been on ip for almost 4 weeks, guess i talk too much!:lol:

karleem 05-19-2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch (Post 3297764)
just had my 2nd WI although it is week 4 (I've been out of town). One night I went to cheesecake factory and got a piece of the low carb cheesecake back to my hotel and then talked myself out of it and threw it away!

Amazing! To quote mamaerinb I can't believe it!
[QUOTE=mamaerinb;3297769]Rocy Monarch
Hey 2 lbs a week is good, and what's even better is that you have trained yourself to say 'no' to tempting things like cheesecake(low carb, low fat, low cal, whatever!). be proud of yourself in the other achievements you have made in the last 2 weeks, by and chance is TOM lurking or happened in the last couple weeks[QUOTE]

You are an awesome lady to help us when we are down on the "little" weight loss. Thanks for your words of encouragement. It really means alot!
Hope all goes well for you!!!

motiv8edmama 05-19-2010 01:05 AM

Hello all! I always get on here before going to bed and after I read all the posts and everybody's replies, it seems there is not much left to say! So...I just wanted to say congrats to all on their losses for the week. It appers many are using a lot of self control, what a nice side effect of this way of living, huh? Tonight I did some step areobics, I pretty much sucked at it as I have no coordination whatsoever! I have to rethink an at home excersice plan other than my treadmill. I got the step stuff to use on nights I don't go to the gym and work out. Maybe I should give it more time??

CW...3 pounds will fall off the first day or two back on full force, it is probably water weight. Also remember our weight can fluctuate some when we are emotional, I don't think a lot but some. Relish the time you have with that awesome hubby of yours and by the time he comes home you'll be at or past your goal and you will get to blow him away all over again! Can't wait to hear his reaction to the pictures!! Thank you to you and your family for the sacrifices you are making for others.

Addy 05-19-2010 01:41 AM

Hello everyone!
It's amazing and inspiring to read all of the posts here.
It's the end of my first day on IP and so far so good. No hunger pains and I think I am getting the hang of it.

Wishing everyone a great day!

Frannie57 05-19-2010 08:06 AM

Pat on back for me! Went to a jewelery party last night. Snacks and treats all over the place.......taco dip, chips, cheese and crackers, brownies, etc etc----I said to myself STEP AWAY FROM THE PLATE!!!!!!! And I did.....but I think I spent to much money on jewelery!

Everyone have a great day. Stay on the plan!! :)

Novak 05-19-2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3297523)
i finally found a diet soda with sucralose!! i didn't buy it bc i wanted everyone's honest opinion about this but it's called 'hansen's natural diet creamy root beer"(they have all different sorts of flavors but this is the one that caught my eye). here are the ingredients:
Triple Filtered Carbonated Water, Caramel Color, Potassium Citrate, Phosphoric Acid, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium,natural Flavors(licorice Root Extracts,madagascan Vanilla,wintergreen,anise),acacia.

all you senior memebers(or anyone that has input)-do you see anything that may interfere with IP? not planning on drinking 4 a day, just maybe one on the weekend while others are doing the beer/drinks thing.

thanks!

The diet says, "No sodas (no regular nor diet)."

I believe the problem is the phosphoric acid. Don't do it. The risk is not worth it...

HopefulTricia 05-19-2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3297523)
i finally found a diet soda with sucralose!! i didn't buy it bc i wanted everyone's honest opinion about this but it's called 'hansen's natural diet creamy root beer"(they have all different sorts of flavors but this is the one that caught my eye). here are the ingredients:
Triple Filtered Carbonated Water, Caramel Color, Potassium Citrate, Phosphoric Acid, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium,natural Flavors(licorice Root Extracts,madagascan Vanilla,wintergreen,anise),acacia.

all you senior memebers(or anyone that has input)-do you see anything that may interfere with IP? not planning on drinking 4 a day, just maybe one on the weekend while others are doing the beer/drinks thing.

thanks!

kelseywow, talk about bouncing right back! you're obviously doing something right, no kick in the butt needed in my opinion :D

I vote yes on the diet soda for emergencies. If the choices are a margarita or a soda, it's a no brainer! I try to have iced tea with stevia as my first choice but there are just times when a diet soda seems like such a wonderful cheat!

jordanna 05-19-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey (Post 3297520)
WOW, so proud of you all! You're doing great.
Novak, you are my inspiration, 135!!! Yes!
Carla, enjoy that moment, I can't wait to get there, and love the new pic!
Speaking of new pics, Jordanna, yours is very cool, and you're doing so well, congrats.
Elizabeth, you must be getting excited, it's getting soooooo close!
Wyso, How are you???

When I returned from the Cruise on Mothers day I had gained 10 lbs! 4 days back on IP and at my WI last Friday it showed I had only gained .50, so that was great! On my scales it still shows I'm up 1 lb., but I'm sticking to it. Not being as strict on myself this week as I was last week, not sure why, but I need a kick in the butt or something. Any volunteers?

Well, I've missed you all. I'm happy to see all the new people.

Stay true to IP and IP will stay true to you!

Hey Kelsey - welcome back!! Way to jump right back on the wagon :) I'm nervous about going on my cruise next spring - it's for 3 weeks..imagine the weight i could gain lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by want2run (Post 3297624)
I tried the rhubarb last weekend and fell in love. I could only find it fresh and I poured some sugar free vanilla syrup over and followed someones suggestion of micro-ing it for ten minutes. It was heavenly. Now, I would like to find it frozen if this is cheaper, it was like $4.99 a pound fresh. I have it growing in my backyard but it is not ready yet. Anyone in WA state found it frozen?

I had my weigh-in today and am down another 3.8lbs. It was a good week.

Wow want2run - you're almost at your second goal CONGRATS!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Addy (Post 3297844)
Hello everyone!
It's amazing and inspiring to read all of the posts here.
It's the end of my first day on IP and so far so good. No hunger pains and I think I am getting the hang of it.

Wishing everyone a great day!

Welcome Addy - good luck to you on this journey, the forum is a great tool for your success. If you can get through the first few days you can do anything!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frannie57 (Post 3298039)
Pat on back for me! Went to a jewelery party last night. Snacks and treats all over the place.......taco dip, chips, cheese and crackers, brownies, etc etc----I said to myself STEP AWAY FROM THE PLATE!!!!!!! And I did.....but I think I spent to much money on jewelery!

Everyone have a great day. Stay on the plan!! :)

Ugh - I sell Discovery Toys on the side and the hostesses always put out the YUMMIEST looking snacks. I love dips and cheese etc so it's so tempting every time!!

Regarding Tacos - I use Romaine or Butter lettuce as "taco shells" and treat myself to 1 oz of low fat cheese when I have them.

I saute 1/2 cup each of finely diced zucchini, leeks & peppers and add it to my 5 oz of lean ground turkey or beef. (I use the taco seasoning recipe I posted on the recipe section) I serve that with 1/2 c of chopped tomatoes and it's just like having tacos! Plus, adding the extra veggies really bulks up the portion of meat.

Taco night is my favorite!

Regarding Soda - I use ginger-ale sweetened with Splenda about once a week. I pour just under half a can in to my jello and then drink the other half of the can and it's never effected my weight loss. I did have a diet Dr. Pepper once though and I gained 2 lbs the next morning....so I try to stay away from most soda as much as possible!