having problems

• ok I do not want this to be the deal breaker, but I will go to the bathroom one day and then not the next and then my stool is hard ( sorry for graphics) but after having 4 children and hemroids it does not work well, in fact I want to throw in the towel... I have done the water, the extra mag pills more cal-mag, olive oil. stool softners, enzymes, can anyone help with this I am losing and do not want to stop, but the pain I go through is starting to take over the desire to lose 20 pounds.
  • You didn't mention your diet...do you get enough greens and fiber? Or, are you eating a lot of "diet food"? Barring any issues with your diet, if you've done all that and still no luck...it's time to make an appointment with your doctor. It shouldn't be that difficult to go to the bathroom.
  • Quote: ok I do not want this to be the deal breaker, but I will go to the bathroom one day and then not the next and then my stool is hard ( sorry for graphics) but after having 4 children and hemroids it does not work well, in fact I want to throw in the towel... I have done the water, the extra mag pills more cal-mag, olive oil. stool softners, enzymes, can anyone help with this I am losing and do not want to stop, but the pain I go through is starting to take over the desire to lose 20 pounds.
    Are you eating your vegetables too? Spinach gets me quite regular ;-)

Magnesium as I said helps. I take my own, either CALM or the pills I take at night at Metagenics MyoCalm P.M.

Make sure you are also getting enough activity. Something as simple as walking can aid to move things along too.

I've dealt with the big H too and believe me NO FUN... if you have them hanging out try to shrink them with the ALUM solution... man that is great. I had one strangulated too BTW due to some diet pills I took that must have had Sena or something that really aggravated them.
  • Quote: ok I do not want this to be the deal breaker, but I will go to the bathroom one day and then not the next and then my stool is hard ( sorry for graphics) but after having 4 children and hemroids it does not work well, in fact I want to throw in the towel... I have done the water, the extra mag pills more cal-mag, olive oil. stool softners, enzymes, can anyone help with this I am losing and do not want to stop, but the pain I go through is starting to take over the desire to lose 20 pounds.
    I have had to use a lax like Correctol a couple of times--in another thread there is talk that rhubarb loosens things up---that might be worth a try. Just make sure that you are drinking all your water especially if you end up taking something medically for it. Oh and your daily oil is just as important as the water.
  • Hi Bigmama5! I can absolutely relate to you on all counts. It is a painful and fustrating situation. I have had this problem prior to IP as well. the longest I went without going was 21 days! Not healthy. I have found that when it gets uncomfortable I take an inexpensive liquid found at almost all drugstores called Magnesium Citrate. If you take enough, it will clear you out. IF that does not work, definitely make an appointment to see your doctor. That is the stuff my doc told me at the 21 day mark, and it worked. Right now I am using a herbal supplement call "Floralax" it was given to me by my IP coach. All natural and does not cause dependancy. It took two days of taking it to start things moving, but it does seem to help me.
    Deinektze is also right, activity helps. If you can find some time in your day to take a walk that may get you in the right direction. Also trying to have a schedule to your day..eating at the same times etc. can help some people.
    Good luck, I know this must be driving you nuts!
  • hey!! this problem is quite common when you are restricting your diet. i will suggest Ispaghula husk.... it is completely natural... i have it with a glass of water every night ( well i try to ) and in the morning it makes my day in the bathroom!!!
  • Aloe Vera juice lubricates the walls of your colon and makes things go through easier. I'm not sure of the carbohydrates or how'd it'd fit in your diet but it could be worth looking into.
  • wow thanks for the help. my coach said not to exercise and boy do i miss it but I will take some much needed walks, I am getting over 630z of water, I am taking enzymes, I uped my oil from 1-2tsp to almost 1tbs. I think popeye would be jealous of how much spinach I do eat, I don't want to depend on a stool softner but have been taking them so will look into the natural one. I can live not going for a day or two I just cant live with the pain of the Hems when i do go.................. ugh. but I am liking my success and do look forward to getting out of phase one
  • Ideal Protein is actually offering a new natural laxative as part of their supplement line. I just picked it up yesterday because I too have been having these issues. And let me tell you, not so much fun. The laxative is called Novi-Lax and is made up of Psyllium, Aloe Vera and Prune Powder. It works!!! I had been taking a tablespoon of magnesium citrate every day and it was not working. I was ready to drink the entire bottle and down a few pill laxatives but after reading the ingredients, i realized that would almost definitely take me out of keytosis (contains starch and other non-IP friendly ingredients). So i broke down and had a very awkward conversation with my diet coach. So try the Novi-Lax, it worked within about twenty hours and things are feeling much better!
    I had major problems last week and well what helped me was this herbal tea that my parents get from Vancouver's China Town. You can also find it online. Its not for every day use at all but once a week its fine. I was afraid to have it while on this diet but finally did and well within 4 to 5 hours I was a free woman. its called nature slim tea. AGAIN I did it because I wanted things to cleanse for once and since I have been fine; might have to do with following a suggestion of taking them mag pills at night before bed.
  • Licorice Tea will also help. And Rhubarb is wonderful

Be careful with the Mag Citrate liquid---I had to take that for a Colonoscopy and it REALLY WORKS---lived in the bathroom that night...