Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 10:51 PM   #466  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
seriously, you are such an inspiration to so many. i have felt all of the things you describe there but just can't put them into words like you. it's nice to know someone else is right there with you, you know?
Oh that's so nice of you to say!! Thanks mamaerin

I find writing a blog keeps me accountable to myself. It also helps me remember all the milestones I've hit and the struggles I've overcome...which is important when you have a lot of weight to lose because it's so easy to get discouraged.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #467  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Don't judge me but I love vodka....slippery slope.
pita, i frickin' love you. i feel like you and me were separated at birth
Old 05-14-2010, 11:27 PM   #468  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
Sorry - What is "UDO"?
it's a type of oil
http://www.amazon.com/Udos-Choice-3-.../dp/B0010ED3DG
Old 05-14-2010, 11:39 PM   #469  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Pookee...ditto with Jordanna. Thanks to the info from everyone here I now buy the Dr.B shakes, they are only $16.00(CAD). I too go in a pick them up. They are in the same package and word for word the same ingredients. If you can find a Dr. B office in your area that would be ideal......wait... I think I just had my first pun
Old 05-14-2010, 11:42 PM   #470  

TO PENGUIN 0199; yes, the chicarrones / pork rinds are fried but I realize that I can cut back just a bit on my oil for the day if I eat just one or two rinds. It's very satisfying for me and keeps me from what could be a much bigger "no-no!" So, yes, they have oil in them but I put a li'l less oil on my salad. The rinds are good "croutons," too!

Also, the eggs do not have to be boiled. 4 whites and 1 yolk boiled, scrambled with or without veggies, over-easy or however you like e'm! I like to do it a variety of ways but I keep boiled on hand b/c they are so portable. So, 1 whole egg plus 3 whites.....this is a comparable replacement for the egg IP protein pack which I don't really care for. I'm pretty sure that equates to the 20 grams of protein you'd get in the IP egg pack.

Last edited by chimpchamp; 05-15-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:51 PM   #471  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
TO PENGUIN 0199;

Also, the eggs do not have to be boiled. 4 whites and 1 yolk boiled, scrambled with or without veggies, over-easy or however you like e'm! I like to do it a variety of ways but I keep boiled on hand b/c they are so portable. So, 1 whole egg plus 3 whites......
thanks for clarifying! i may try this tomorrow morning with some tabasco!
Old 05-15-2010, 01:10 AM   #472  
New To Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 230/211.8/165

Height: 5 ft 5

Ohhh 1mth weigh in tmmrw!! Not feeling to good though. I just had my first TOM on the IP diet and it has been ****!! My oh so nice period has become completely a complete dread!! I feel completely bloated, hungry and major cramping. I am thinking a weight gain for tmmrw with the way that I feel. So just hoping for a nice loss for next weigh in. Has anyone else had these issues? Take care everyone.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:24 AM   #473  

S/C/G: 249/203/135

Height: 5ft 7 "

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I found rhubarb at safeway (thanks Calgarygirlie) I'm making it today for lunch. I was thinking of using it with that new french vanilla flavored splenda....very excited.
Sweet! Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbrochu View Post
Ohhh 1mth weigh in tmmrw!! Not feeling to good though. I just had my first TOM on the IP diet and it has been ****!! My oh so nice period has become completely a complete dread!! I feel completely bloated, hungry and major cramping. I am thinking a weight gain for tmmrw with the way that I feel. So just hoping for a nice loss for next weigh in. Has anyone else had these issues? Take care everyone.
Totally! I think we are having the same issue! I am so early which I never am and never have had any "issues". This sucks! I hope it works itself back to normal!?!
Old 05-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #474  

S/C/G: 139/130.5/110

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbrochu View Post
I had this issue with my first one on IP. Major cramps!! I had to take some Midol. Well, I had to buy some first since I usually don't have this issue. I am hoping I don't have the same problem next time.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:29 AM   #475  

S/C/G: 187.6/177/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Novak!

I just noticed we have the same goals and roughly the same height. Today is day 2 of IP for me. I'd be interested to know when exactly you started and how long its taken to get to your goal? (Congrats!! you are almost there i see!!)
Old 05-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #476  

some of you might know that I bought a size 12 lululemon hoodie about 3 or 4 years ago as motivation to get skinny...and it just hung in my closet in the bag ever since....

Today I tried it on and it does up!!!

So maybe it gives me a uni-boob and looks terrible but for the first time ever it does up!!!

Yay me!
Old 05-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #477  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Stacerp--made a very small concoction of my own last night. The end result? When you combine a bunch of things you don't really like to begin with, you end up with a big thing of stuff you don't like! What a surprise, right?? I had to throw it away...I do like the caramel and maple syrup a little bit but the chocolate and peanut butter, not so much.
Yeah, same with me. Sometimes I have to put a little bit of caramel and a little bit of marshmallow on a spoon and savor it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchic View Post
Hi Everyone!
I just wanted to say hello quick as I've been reading all of your fantastic posts over the last few weeks. You're all such an inspiration and have helped me to expand my dining options!

I'm into week 4 of IP, and so far I have lost a little over 10lb, but more importantly almost 15 inches! I have a 7 month old, so to be in pre-pregnancy clothes is amazing! My husband is doing the program too, so that helps tremendously.

Anyway, just wanted to "introduce" myself and say hello to you all!!
Welcome! You're going to love it here

Quote:
I found rhubarb at safeway (thanks Calgarygirlie) I'm making it today for lunch. I was thinking of using it with that new french vanilla flavored splenda....very excited.
Quote:
Just had a brilliant idea - I'm going to take the maple oatmeal and turn it into a crumble topping for the rhubarb then bake it in the oven like a crisp...

Has anyone else tried this?
That's actually why I got on today, to tell you all that I had done this and then I saw your post. Great minds think alike, right? By the way, it was fabulous!!!

Quote:
some of you might know that I bought a size 12 lululemon hoodie about 3 or 4 years ago as motivation to get skinny...and it just hung in my closet in the bag ever since....

So maybe it gives me a uni-boob and looks terrible but for the first time ever it does up!!!

Yay me!
Yay you!
Old 05-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #478  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Yay me!
Woo-hoo! Great NSV!
Old 05-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #479  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Had my WI yesterday, no loss of inches, weight or BMI? Soooo why am I doing this?
Old 05-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #480  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
Had my WI yesterday, no loss of inches, weight or BMI? Soooo why am I doing this?
Hey Ibdadozer - sometimes our bodies just need some time to adjust to the diet, stick with it, I'm sure your results next week will be great. You've lost 10 lbs in a very short period of time and that's fantastic!!
Closed Thread