Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 05:43 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Oh. I see that while I was writing this up, Bev already commented. I should have known Bev would do that. She is always on the ball when it comes to information accuracy!
High-five, Birman! I think we're birds of a feather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
hear ye, hear ye! i found an old fat picture and made it my profile pic. my avatar is me wearing the same shirt about 20 lbs later(i honestly don't know now how i squeezed into it then-thank god for lycra-i GUESS). i now am out of my funk from this morning, i need to post fat pics of me all over the house and i think i will NEVER have a bad morning again!
What a difference! And in the same shirt, no less. Gotta love the spandex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
so I found a store close by that sells WF products; what are the recomendations and what are the NO NOs??

so far I remember mayo was a no no.

any other input?
I actually really like the peanut spread. I dip my celery in it. I guess it's not nearly as good as real peanut butter, but it satisfies me. I'm probably having too much at one sitting though. I also love the caramel dip. Sometimes, I just get a spoonful and lick it off slowly to satisfy a craving for something sweet. The pancake syrup is good when I make my recipe of low-carb crepes. The strawberry syrup is not so good. The chocolate dip and chocoate syrup are just OK. I like the honey dijon dressing for making deviled eggs. I also like the ranch, bacon ranch, and Asian dressings. Don't like the ketchup. I went out and bought the low-carb Heinz ketchup instead at someone's suggestion--can't remember who, but thanks, whoever you are. I also really like the apple butter--it has the texture and taste of canned cranberry sauce, which I really like too. And I like all the barbecue sauces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
PITA KITTEN:

Are you "craving" peanut butter and other fatty type things??? Dairy even??? If you think YES! I am willing to jump off a bridge and say, YOU NEED MORE FAT!! I was doing that til I added more fat. Try adding a tsp of peanut oil, walnut oil, or coconut oil or good quality omega oils. If that isn't enough add another tsp! I kept adding until I felt like I wasn't needing any more and, I have been taking 1 - 2 TBSP of oil per day for the last 2 weeks and I FINALLY don't crave those things and I have broken my plateau in the 170's. If my scale is right, we will know in a week, I am down 4.5 pounds this week! AND, I have been eating a ton of extra fat.. seems crazy I know!
Good to know. Maybe it would speed up my weight loss, too. I have been having fat cravings. I'm a little scared to try it though with just a few pounds to go. But it will take me a month to lose those few pounds at the rate I'm going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
I am so ready for spring.....heck I'll take summer. Just something warmer than 40 degrees!!!
My husband is out of town for a few days, so I have the heat turned up to 72. I've been freezing my heinie off at 68 degrees in the house. Since I've lost the weight, I've been freezing whenever I'm not hot flashing.

Last edited by BevS; 05-13-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:45 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
PITA KITTEN:

SLEEP!! I know how that can be. Are you taking your calcium and a ip snack an hour before bed? The calcium can help. I would suggest trying the CALM or Ionic FIZZ. It is a magnesium product you take warm in 2 x a day. I take it at night. It should help with sleep too. If that doesn't work, try taking some melatonin. 3mg or 5mg. It helps with sleep. You can tell if you are getting the right dose because you will sleep well and not wake feeling groggy or like you took a sleep pill. I take 3 to 6mg a night. My brother in law uses 5mg. You will find something that works. I know this is helpful for me because, a low carb diet can effect sleep. Our bodies use carbs and aminos to help with serotonin products. In this unbalanced state some people don't get enough of either and serotonin drops. Unfortunately, we need serotonin at night to make melatonin which regulates our sleep. By taking melatonin, you help spare the serotonin and assist the body with a natural process. You can buy the melatonin over the counter at any health store and most grocery pharmacy/vitamin areas. I like both natrol and now products. Natrol has a 3mg time released. The nice thing is you can take one or two tablets depending on how not tired you feel.

NO MAYO or Peanut butter for me. I like the spicy barbecue sauce, onion dip, ranch dip, italian dressing, honey mustard dressing, asian and caesar dressing. I can "DO" the chocolate sauce if I am desperate. I don't use any the way they come, they are just bases for me to doctor up. I like the honey mustard, spiced up a bit, and used as a marinade for chicken and fish.

Are you "craving" peanut butter and other fatty type things??? Dairy even??? If you think YES! I am willing to jump off a bridge and say, YOU NEED MORE FAT!! I was doing that til I added more fat. Try adding a tsp of peanut oil, walnut oil, or coconut oil or good quality omega oils. If that isn't enough add another tsp! I kept adding until I felt like I wasn't needing any more and, I have been taking 1 - 2 TBSP of oil per day for the last 2 weeks and I FINALLY don't crave those things and I have broken my plateau in the 170's. If my scale is right, we will know in a week, I am down 4.5 pounds this week! AND, I have been eating a ton of extra fat.. seems crazy I know!
re sleep: I ususally have my 3rd pack around 5 to 6 pm after I do my little work outs so no, not before bed time. BUT my boy friend actually has melatonin on his bed side table. Its the 5mg one, I'll try it tonight and hope for the best. I know it works for him and he is an insomniac.

re WF foods: thank you very much. I am heading to the store today right after work; I think I like to have the sauce for maninating too. Right now I am only marinating chicken in lemon/garlic/tarragon. Its not bad but it is begining to be boring.

re craving fatty things: Not really; I don't have much of a sweet tooth either. I honestly crave bread more than anything else, crackers & cheese are on top of my list now. I really wanted the peanut butter for celery; I used to love putting just a little bit on my celery sticks before this diet.

thank you for the responses.

Last edited by pitakitten; 05-13-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #348  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
you look absolutely amazing! your face has thinned right up! so proud for you!
Hey Fluffymama? How you doing? I was thinking about you earlier this week. I found this great website where you can have a box of elephant poo sent anonymously to someone! I was think you know someone that could use a box of poo!
Old 05-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Lindora has already sent me another sale notice of 25% off all products. Use coupon code 25MAY at checkout.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #350  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Stacerp-- still waiting to hear the end of the story. Are you glad you made and ate the syrup, peanut butter, chocolate and caramel frozen surprise? I am thinking about doing it this evening...
Old 05-13-2010, 06:30 PM   #351  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Lindora has already sent me another sale notice of 25% off all products. Use coupon code 25MAY at checkout.
Thanks Bev. I couldn't get the buy one, get one half off to work this morning when I tried it.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Stacerp-- still waiting to hear the end of the story. Are you glad you made and ate the syrup, peanut butter, chocolate and caramel frozen surprise? I am thinking about doing it this evening...
I have been thinking about it too
Old 05-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #353  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

I thought I read somewhere on here that the Lindora premixed drinks contain aspartene which is a no no and also they are high in carbs compared to the IP and Lifestye premixed drinks? I'm talking like double the amount of carbs? Last I checked the Lifestyle site the premixed drinks are sill removed. If anyone notices when they are available again please post the news on this site and give us a heads up as I am sure they will sell out quickly and they will be on back order again.

I am interested to know what everyone else thinks about the difference in the Lindora, Lifestyle and IP premixed drinks. Please post your comments.

There are no Dr. B clinics in New Jersey and the shipping cost is like $75.00 so I don't think I will be ordering any from Dr. B.

I have never had Rhubarb and because of you gals I'm going to buy some this weekend and give it a try.

Last edited by sam0617; 05-13-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #354  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Erin, I love your new picture!! You're adorable
I agree, Erin! You're a cutie-patootie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Okay, so I posted my before pix on my profile. Click on my picture and you'll see what I looked like 9 short weeks ago. I'll try and get a full body shot up soon of how I look now. It's pretty humbling to show those pictures. I'm never going back.

BTW, I did have a vest on that day to hide all the gross fat, but they made me take it off
Wow, Carla! It's an amazing difference in your face alone. You are soooo pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey all, you know how I'm in that X-Weighted National Challenge, well they are having a contest right now to win some make up. They asked us in 6 words or less why do you deserve the makeup. My answer was:

Losing weight,
Finding self-esteem,
Help required.

My answer was picked as one of the top six! If you go to facebook's X-Weighted page you can vote for my answer to win! I'd appreciate it!

Click on the link here, it should take you right to the page! X-Weighted
I voted! Hope you win!

Quote:
too much, you might actually be getting rid of all the electorlytes by doing this. Remember that girl who passed away sometime ago because she entered a water drinking contest?
I remember that! She was doing a radio contest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
hear ye, hear ye! i found an old fat picture and made it my profile pic. my avatar is me wearing the same shirt about 20 lbs later(i honestly don't know now how i squeezed into it then-thank god for lycra-i GUESS). i now am out of my funk from this morning, i need to post fat pics of me all over the house and i think i will NEVER have a bad morning again!
I can not believe the difference! You were cute before, but now you look amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzMoody View Post
Stay away from the Peanut Butter. YUCKY!!
I agree. GROSS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Since I've lost the weight, I've been freezing whenever I'm not hot flashing.
I am freezing all the time too! I used to always be the hot one, now I'm like, "turn up the heat, honey!" I turn my heated seat to high in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Quote:
I have been thinking about it too
Well... I had a slight tummy ache after eating the rhubarb. Not sure if it was the rhubarb or not. I didn't really eat that much. The 'gob' of stuff I made, well... let's just say it cured my craving and tasted pretty good at the time. Kinda felt sick the rest of the night though...
Old 05-13-2010, 07:08 PM   #355  

Height: 5.8

Hi everyone

So I have been MIA for a week or so. I am off IP officially until I have my glucose test and insulin levels and blood work checked (I have all the testing on Monday) and once i get the results if they come back negative then I am back on the plan.

I have been following the diabetic phase 1 prgram and while I have lost nothing this week I have stayed exactly the same after adding yogurt and fruit into my diet.

I can't wait to get the results so I can get back to the program and get rid of the last 40 pounds before my wedding.

The upside is I know I can control what I eat and make smart choices and I know when I get off of IP I will continue to make good choices because this week I could have gone crazy and I didnt.

I have been doing a spinning class at 530 am every morniung and then a round of weights after that to start toning up and I run 4-5 km every night so I must say tht I am amazed at how much energy I have and how great I feel to run with 54 pounds less on me

I miss you ladies but I will check back once I gt my results and let u know. Fingers crossed that the PCOS they just diagnosed me with is all that is wrong with me and its not Type 2 diabetes.

Have a great weekend and keep up the FANTASTIC work, I am so proud of all of you!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:22 PM   #356  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Hi everyone

So I have been MIA for a week or so. I am off IP officially until I have my glucose test and insulin levels and blood work checked (I have all the testing on Monday) and once i get the results if they come back negative then I am back on the plan.

I have been following the diabetic phase 1 prgram and while I have lost nothing this week I have stayed exactly the same after adding yogurt and fruit into my diet.

I can't wait to get the results so I can get back to the program and get rid of the last 40 pounds before my wedding.

The upside is I know I can control what I eat and make smart choices and I know when I get off of IP I will continue to make good choices because this week I could have gone crazy and I didnt.

I have been doing a spinning class at 530 am every morniung and then a round of weights after that to start toning up and I run 4-5 km every night so I must say tht I am amazed at how much energy I have and how great I feel to run with 54 pounds less on me

I miss you ladies but I will check back once I gt my results and let u know. Fingers crossed that the PCOS they just diagnosed me with is all that is wrong with me and its not Type 2 diabetes.

Have a great weekend and keep up the FANTASTIC work, I am so proud of all of you!
Wow you are kickin butt! Your results are very impressive
Old 05-13-2010, 07:56 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 187.6/177/130

Unhappy vegetarian proteins in phase 1

Hi,

Could someone tell me what to look for in terms of nutritional info when picking up food for phase 1. How many carbs, fat, sugars, protein is recommended?

As a vegetarian , i was told to eat eggs, tofu, portabella burgers, veggies burgers...but want to make sure i dont pick up anything too fatty/high in carbs

Also, anyone heard of the Franklin Farms brand for veggie burgers, thats what my coach had mentioned. Could you tell me where its available?

i start tommorrow...i guess i'll do the packets, salads and eggs for tomorrow or sub with another packet instead of my own protein meal till i figure this out!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:58 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 132/120/115

Hello everyone! I have been a lurker for sometime now and have commented a few times.

I have been doing IP for just a little over 4 weeks now and have lost just under 10 lbs. It feels great! I have felt great the whole way through. I didn't have much to lose to start with just those stubborn few pounds.

Anyway I just wanted to ask if anyone has done any research on Soy and its risks? I met with a nutritionist today to discuss some supplements I was thinking of taking and she brought up Soy and its 'dangers'. I left thinking she was crazy because I feel so great! Anyway I have started to do some google research about Soy and and a little concerned about what I am finding and its possible side effects.

www mercola.com/article/soy/avoid_soy.htm

Here is just one of many articles I found. The other was a more touching blog from a girl who had to have her thyroid removed because of her 'healthy' soy diet.

www westonaprice.org/One-Woman-s-Story.html

Many of us have commented on our change in TOM and soy might be one of the reasons for it.

Our pre-made shakes are not made with Soy. Thank you for that!

I want to know if anyone has any insight or if you can please pass along some more positive recent information on Soy. I love the bars, chili and other soy stuff. Maybe just in smaller doses or moderation.

We are all worried about aspartame but are we worrying about the wrong thing?
Old 05-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #359  

Height: 5'8"

r101just watch out for the veggie burgers that contain a ton of grains. i love veggie burgers and was saddened to see all the ones at my grocery store had about 25-30g of carbs per patty! also check to make sure there is no corn or carrots, my favorite type has both

does anyone know if regular ipers are allowed to have tofu? i would LOVE to incorporate some marinated tofu into my stir frys

laststubborn10 i would seek a second opinion. the nutritionist you talked to may have heard a seminar by a crackpot dairy farmer and decided soy is dangerous and is now scaring people..if you are honestly worried about the soy, ip probably isn't the way to lose the last of your weight-which is not much btw

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-13-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:41 PM   #360  

S/C/G: 139/130.5/110

Height: 5' 2"

Well, I have mixed emotions about my WI tonight. No change on the scale either way. But I did manage to lose an inch in the chest, 1.5 in the waist, 1.5 in the hips and 1 in the arms (finally they are shinking). My DH said I must be getting more dense, or was it "You are getting denser"
Closed Thread