Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #76  

Height: 5'8"

just a question for everyone. where are you losing weight mostly on your body?

i have lost a lot of inches in my legs and chest, seems like the waist, arms(i HATE my arms) and hips are taking the longest. are the other ladies out there experiencing the same spot losses too?
Old 05-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #77  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
just a question for everyone. where are you losing weight mostly on your body?

i have lost a lot of inches in my legs and chest, seems like the waist, arms(i HATE my arms) and hips are taking the longest. are the other ladies out there experiencing the same spot losses too?
USUALLY the last place to gain is the first to go SO...if the first place you gain is your waist, arms and hips that will be the last places to lose too...sucks, I know
Old 05-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #78  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hey, Carla, Have they done away with the 20-day, 25-post minimum to get the tickers? I've seen a few members get theirs before this and was just wondering.
I've had my 25 posts and have been a member for 20 days but can't seem to figure out where our how to add a signature.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #79  

Height: 5'8"

same hereibdadozer, i've pretty much given up the idea of ever having one!

DK, ahhh, exactly what i was thinking, can't wait for my hips to be in the 30's and my waist in the 20's...even 39.99 and 29.99 will do

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-11-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:03 AM   #80  

ugh - stupid purolator lied to me...my laptop did not arrive yesterday. It says agian today that it's out on the truck for delivery..I'm waiting in anticipation. I feel so out of the loop and I truly believe my diet has suffered by not being submerged in the 3FC and blogging world of healthy living.

Cross your fingers that it will in fact arrive today...I miss you guys
Old 05-11-2010, 11:28 AM   #81  
getting back on track

ok, for all of you waiting on the signature... Go to your USER CP and there, on your left upper corner of where you can edit stuff, under Settings & Options you should see Edit Signature

Click on that and you should see where you can create your signature.

To get your ticker go to http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet/weight-tracker/ and create one and copy the code it will give you and follow their instructions

IF YOU DO NOT see the Edit Signature Option then you have not met the requirements yet, hang in there, it will come
Old 05-11-2010, 11:33 AM   #82  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Jordanna - you are 3 pounds away from 1/2 to goal and I am 2 pounds away! We must keep going....Hope you get your laptop today. Out to eat on Mother's Day-
my son had chocolate lava cake with extra really special chocolate sauce. The smell drove me crazy but I said== I am too close to a breakthrough to spoil it. Remember, you said just 10 pounds at a time....
The clothes subject is a problem-- bags of clothes that need to be donated and almost nothing to wear now. My favorite clothes are still too small. Bought a few things at TJ Maxx but really not enough to tide me over. What to do? 3 parties this weekend and I'm so tired of black pants(I have them in every size, just like navy blue blazers)!!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-11-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

Elizabeth since you seem to be the resident "coach" maybe you can answer my question about aspartame. I know we aren't supposed to have it but why? I asked my coach and he couldn't give me a straight answer. Also is it really bad if we have a little because I accidently ordered a shake from Lindora that has aspartame and you can't return them and I don't want to waste it.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 175/175/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
naynai0428 I totally understand the $$$ of IP and believe me, I buy numerous alternatives that cost a fraction of the price. I've written about some of them in my previous posts. I've also read that some folks add a li'l chicken broth to their soups and they are definitely tastier with bits of diced celery, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, or whatever non-restricted veggie suits your fancy! Also, don't forget that 4 egg whites and 1 yolk is somewhat nutritionally similar to the IP egg packet and much more cost effective!!

I'm excited for you and as you know, you can do all things through Him! Isn't He wonderful???
Girl, YES HE IS!!
I needed to hear that I was feeling a little deflated yesterday...thanks for the idea with the veggies and the soup...tried the cappucino this morning but added more water and poured over ice and i couldn't believe it....IT WAS ACTUALLY GOOD!!! lol just like a coffee drink hoping the rest of the IP day is better than yesterday, I know it's a learning process!!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:43 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 222/208/160

Good morning everyone,

Even thou I know I should look at the scale I did this morning, and I am down 4 pounds already.

I know being only on day 2 that it is all water, but just to see that knew number is amazing.

I'm sure a lot of you understand that seeing 209 next week be an amazing experience and in 3 or 4 weeks to have the possibility of seeing 199.

I am so excited.

My question on day 2 is how do you get in your teaspoon of sea salt. DO you just suck it up and drink it in one glass or do you spread it through the day.

This morning I put 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt in my 12oz glass, and it still tasted horrible.

Maybe you just get used to I guess, but it sure is weird to have to add salt to a diet.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #86  

Default Starting this week!!

Hi! This is my first post on this web site but I have been reading a lot the last few days. I am going to the hospital I work at tonight for an informational meeting and signing up and hopefully start tomorrow!! I am so excited and my coach (my home coach--13 yo daughter) is my biggest supporter. The program here is ran through our hospital and so the startup fee is low-$30. I have learned a lot reading this form and look forward to the support I see you all giving here. A great resource. Now I just have to figure out that little thingy on the bottom of my page to chart my loss!!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Well this afternoon is WI #4...hoping I loose at least 2 lbs., things seem to haved slowed down this week , but maybe the inches lost will be great !!

I soooo want to get into Onederland (sigh!!)

Have a great day everyone, remember one day at a time does it slow and sure!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone . I have been away for 5 days with my husband on a little trip . We are having a great time and enjoying having James back home with us for a few weeks . I cheated on Mothers day . I had real salad dresing and a small bowl of icecream . But to my surprise I have lost 3 lbs this week ! YEah .

I saw family for the first time since I lost my weight and everyone could not beleive how skinny I was . LOL .Skinny . That sounds so funny to me . But it sure did make me feel good . I am so close to my goal but Im thinking of moving it to 150 instead of 160 .

I have one more week with my husband before he returns to Iraq for another 5 months . He leaves on the 20th and our anniversarry is on the 21st so we will celebrate a little early and I will probably cheat on that day then back to the strict IP diet . So ready to be to my goal . Hope everyone had a great mothers day ! Everyone is doing so great !
Old 05-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #89  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
Elizabeth since you seem to be the resident "coach" maybe you can answer my question about aspartame. I know we aren't supposed to have it but why? I asked my coach and he couldn't give me a straight answer. Also is it really bad if we have a little because I accidently ordered a shake from Lindora that has aspartame and you can't return them and I don't want to waste it.
Well I'm not an expert but found this online so I will share it. My coach never said anything to me as of why not so...

This was written by a registered dietitian and it is part of an article that appeared in Wise Traditions in Food, Farming and the Healing Arts

"Dr. Walton, who has also studied the effects of aspartame, is emphatic when he tells me, "Probably one major contributor to obesity is the widespread use of diet products!" A chorus of non-conventional health professionals echoes his statement, which can just as well be read as a warning. The reasons are not simple; they involve complex biochemical reactions linked to hormones and brain chemicals.

Aspartame itself doesn’t have any calories, but basically, one of its ingredients, the amino acid phenylalanine, blocks production of serotonin, a nerve chemical that, among other activities, controls food cravings. As you might well imagine, a shortage of serotonin will make your brain and body scream for the foods that create more of this brain chemical—and those are the high-calorie, carbohydrate-rich snacks that can sabotage a dieter. Obviously, the more aspartame one ingests, the more heightened the effects. Simply put, aspartame appears to muddle the brain chemistry.

Nutritionist Susan Allen, RD, CCN, at Chicago’s Northwestern Center for Integrative Medicine, suspects that something additional is going on in many of her patients who have been using aspartame and other artificial sweeteners. Allen believes that when they consume them, the sweet taste of no-calorie sweeteners triggers their bodies to release insulin, even though there is no food to feed the cells. Normally, when we eat, the sugar in that food, which is derived from carbohydrates, is broken down into simple sugars, like glucose, which then enter the blood stream (we call it "blood sugar").

We depend on insulin (secreted by the pancreas) to usher that blood sugar into our cells to supply energy and maintain normal blood sugar levels. The problem Allen sees is that an "insulin-sensitive" person who uses artificial sweeteners teases his or her body into thinking food is on its way, so insulin is released. But when the body discovers it was cheated out of food, it revolts by throwing a food-craving tantrum that can only be quelled by eating blood sugar food that will more than likely be high-calorie sugary snacks. "I point out to them how it doesn’t make sense. . . they’re trying to save themselves sugar but then they eat more foods that are going to raise their blood sugar anyway."

Yet, the unabashed public acceptance of artificial sweeteners, namely aspartame, is fueled by the approval of a host of scientific and professional organizations, including the American Dietetic Association, American Heart Association, American Medical Association and the National Cancer Institute. Is it any wonder that some 200 million Americans use this ubiquitous product?"

I also saw this on another report

"One of the reasons for using aspartame is the quest to reduce calories and therefore lose or maintain body weight. However, there is some evidence, disputed by the manufacturers of course, that the sweet sensation provided by artificial sweeteners, including aspartame, can through a "neural/humoral" connection cause the pancreas to secrete insulin regardless of the blood sugar levels. Insulin is the storage hormone and inhibits fat mobilization, thus defeating the original goal to lose fat. With elevated insulin which does not combine with blood sugars, you get an increase in appetite and a craving for carbohydrates. This has been reported by several researchers and of course denied by the research of the manufacturing companies."

Read more: Aspartame, NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful http://www.centralhome.com/ballroomc...#ixzz0ndXUTV8N
Dance, Fitness & Sports CentralHome
Old 05-11-2010, 11:57 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
USUALLY the last place to gain is the first to go SO...if the first place you gain is your waist, arms and hips that will be the last places to lose too...sucks, I know
this makes so much sense and thats why my hips are not budging but my stomach and face are melting
Closed Thread