Ip Chat Week May 10 - 16

You're on Page 28 of 34
Go to
  • weigh in this morning. -2 pounds and some change. I take it with pleasure
    total of 11 pounds and some change (we'll just say 11) in a little less than 4 weeks. This all adds up to 2.75 pounds gone per week.

This week will be hard one, visiting parents-babyshower-happy hour-dinner out.
  • Quote: I wish 3FC had a LIKE button like we have on Facebook ;-)

Thumbs up to you!
    Thanks! A like button would be awesome.
  • Canadianmama

I hate all the soups! Best for me is the cereal, the ready made drinks, love the veg chilli, and the omellete. Bars are wonderfully beautiful but I stay away from them.

don't throw things out though. They will exchange them for you: this morning I exchanged the pineapple/banana disaster package.
  • Thank you for correcting me on the post that claimed it came from Hopkins. It obviously took me in hook line and sinker. I appreciate your correction.

I'm also having difficulty getting all my water in each day. I feel like it's a constant uphill battle.
  • I'm reading you all and that makes me sad from living in Canada. I can't order from this diabete association, I can order for netrition but it's like 50$ for 1 month shipping, and I can't order for Lindora. Guess I'm gonna stick with those two WF dressing they have at my coach office!

I was wondering, most of you are saying that when you go to the restaurant, you bring you own salt.. why?
  • Quote: tell them to do a saliva test on you to check all your levels... by the time the Thyroid issue shows in your blood work it is very advanced. Think about it, your body will protect itself and it's fuel (blood) so all systems will fail before that fails.
    good news is that they can do the testing and my insurance will cover it IF I am refered to the nutrionanist by my GP. which means I have to go to my GP first; SOOOOO made an appointment with GP first to get the referal so I can do to the nutrionist

All of this will happen but not for another couple of weeks.

thank you for your suggestion.
  • Quote: I was wondering, most of you are saying that when you go to the restaurant, you bring you own salt.. why?
    If anyone asks you about it, just tell them that you have discovered you like the taste of natural sea salt better than table salt. You don't need to explain to everyone about Ideal Protein unless you want to.
  • Quote: good news is that they can do the testing and my insurance will cover it IF I am refered to the nutrionanist by my GP. which means I have to go to my GP first; SOOOOO made an appointment with GP first to get the referal so I can do to the nutrionist

All of this will happen but not for another couple of weeks.

thank you for your suggestion.
    You are very welcome. Hope you get some answers, I love my Naturopath, in fact, he is the one that turned me on to IP!!!!

This is their site... Love them
    http://multi-carehealth.com/wp/
  • I have just ate 15 almonds! I'm out of control. I was still hungry at lunch though. I wonder how bad it is to go over the recommended oz. of protein allowed. And I wonder how bad almonds can really be.
  • Any advice on taking magnesium citrate for constipation? I've never taken it before and I'm worried that it will work too well Anyone tried this before?
  • Quote: I have just ate 15 almonds! I'm out of control. I was still hungry at lunch though. I wonder how bad it is to go over the recommended oz. of protein allowed. And I wonder how bad almonds can really be.

If you work with ibdadozer, then you must be in St. Louis. I thinks it's the lovely gray, rainy, stormy weather we have had here the past week or so. I know I want nothing more than to eat extra. If you are still hungry have some salad. It's supposed to be a filler.
  • Quote: I was wondering, most of you are saying that when you go to the restaurant, you bring you own salt.. why?
    Because then we're sure it's sea salt, which is the only kind we're supposed to be using right now.

Quote: I have just ate 15 almonds! I'm out of control. I was still hungry at lunch though. I wonder how bad it is to go over the recommended oz. of protein allowed. And I wonder how bad almonds can really be.
    I wouldn't call 15 almonds out of control. I mean, hey, you even counted. The reason we're not supposed to eat nuts is not because they will throw us out of ketosis (they won't), but because the fat in them has to be burned before our body will use its own. Also, our regional rep suggested eating a little extra protein if we are hungry.
  • Quote: Any advice on taking magnesium citrate for constipation? I've never taken it before and I'm worried that it will work too well Anyone tried this before?
    I've taken CALM before... it's not crazy. The one I take at night now (because I got sick of the fizz from CALM) is from Metagenics and it's called MyoCalm P.M. and each pill has 150mg of Magnesium Citrate... Y take 3 with dinner and 3 before bed... trust me, not bad at all
  • Quote: If you work with ibdadozer, then you must be in St. Louis. I thinks it's the lovely gray, rainy, stormy weather we have had here the past week or so. I know I want nothing more than to eat extra. If you are still hungry have some salad. It's supposed to be a filler.

I made a cup of ruhbarb so I'd stop with the almonds. Next time I'll attempt a salad instead, but I still haven't found a good dressing that I like. I'm going to work on some of the homeade ones this weekend.
    This weather makes me want soup, but not the IP kind.
  • Hello all!!!
    Just had WI #2...down 4.2 lbs and 3 inchs! I'm very pleased with that considering how bad I cheated on sunday.
    I'm throwing a baby shower for my sis this weekend and all of my family is going to be there which is usually stressful. Hoping to have some good will power and not give into the cake that will be calling my name.

Congrats on all the losses and NSV's this week!