Ip Chat Week May 10 - 16

You're on Page 25 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Well, I have mixed emotions about my WI tonight. No change on the scale either way. But I did manage to lose an inch in the chest, 1.5 in the waist, 1.5 in the hips and 1 in the arms (finally they are shinking). My DH said I must be getting more dense, or was it "You are getting denser"

look at all of those inches!! you should be proud, i was told that after the first month or so most people will lose lbs and not so many inches or vice versa. i wouldn't worry too much about it, you're doing great!
  • I also get cold easier now. Losing that insulation. Not complaining mind you. I had a tomato in my salad tonight. The first one since starting IP. It really tasted good.
  • experimenting with red cabbage tonight. Partner does not like it, I love it. chopped and wilted with a bit salt, drained. Now...wondering what to do with it. I love it as is but would sauteing it in a bit of olive oils with garlic work???

on another note: weigh in tomorrow AM at 8:30. Last week loss was zero. I sure hope there is something or I will freak out and start working out heavily.

added note: my girl friend cancelled dinner on me hence cooking... which is just fine by me.
  • Quote: I also get cold easier now. Losing that insulation. Not complaining mind you. I had a tomato in my salad tonight. The first one since starting IP. It really tasted good.
    I don't think its just the insulation. In one of the previous chat threads I read that it is because of low blood pressure caused by diet. Does it normally happen after eating? mine does. Again, I read that is because the blood rushes to your tummy to help with digestion.
  • Quote: Well... I had a slight tummy ache after eating the rhubarb. Not sure if it was the rhubarb or not. I didn't really eat that much. The 'gob' of stuff I made, well... let's just say it cured my craving and tasted pretty good at the time. Kinda felt sick the rest of the night though...
    right!

I tell you though I made so much rhubarb thingy last night that it will last me say a week...maybe less. I just had a bit and still love it.
  • so the final conclusion on rhubarb is....EH. it was ok-and did taste very much like pie filling(aggghh i miss crust-always my favorite part), but i would rather have asparagus or mushrooms, i get enough of the sweets i think from puddings, drinks, bars etc.

the cauliflower couscous was AWESOME though!! thanks for whoever posted that recommendation-i mixed in some mushroom slices and it was ALMOST like rice & mushrooms.

pita, you're gonna do great-because you ARE great! and working out all of the time must be doing wonders for you, if not lbs then definitely inches!!
    did you try the cabbage with the WF coleslaw dressing??
  • Gulp!
    Just opened my supplements to measure out my pills for tomorrow....and Gulp!
    The multi -vit is huge. I usually have problems swallowing the normal sized one-a-day size vitamins...=(

I just have to keep visualizing a thinner me and do it!
  • Quote: experimenting with red cabbage tonight. Partner does not like it, I love it. chopped and wilted with a bit salt, drained. Now...wondering what to do with it. I love it as is but would sauteing it in a bit of olive oils with garlic work???
    /

I don't see why this wouldn't work. I do it with bok choy all the time. Yum!
  • Omega-3
    When and how often do you take your Omega-3. I was given a bottle in my starter pack, but the sheet doesnt mention when and how many to take?
  • I want to post a new picture but cant figure out how to change my old one . So computer dumb . Can anyone help me ?
  • CW go to your User CP and you can change your profile pic(big pic on your profile) or your Avatar(little pic on the forums) hope that helps!
  • Quote: thank you! and no you didn't tell me! i work mondays, wednesdays and fridays-i hope to meet you soon, geri is so fun isn't she? i just adore her
    I'm sorry... I was in Portland up until the day of my appointment so I wasn't on the boards at all. I was out of it when I called to talk to her but I'm 95% sure you may have answered the phone that day. I didn't make the connection until after I was on hold.

And yes, she is fun!! And very responsive to emails. I hope we can meet soon too! I'm going back next Thursday and then it will be two weeks before she can schedule again but maybe hopefully it will be a Wednesday.
  • Quote: I'm sorry... I was in Portland up until the day of my appointment so I wasn't on the boards at all. I was out of it when I called to talk to her but I'm 95% sure you may have answered the phone that day. I didn't make the connection until after I was on hold.

And yes, she is fun!! And very responsive to emails. I hope we can meet soon too! I'm going back next Thursday and then it will be two weeks before she can schedule again but maybe hopefully it will be a Wednesday.
    you know i think it was, nicole?
    yep, e-mails are always the best way to get in touch with her. she was out of town till today so feel free to call in if you need to but she is very busy with the ip meetings and life and financial services all day and will respond quickly to e-mails. my office is next to her's, just to the left when you're walking in her door. come by and say hi if you do end up doing a wednesday appt next time! welcome and congrats on your first week's loss again, that's AMAZING! what was her reaction, i bet it was great i love her!

OH!! and i wanted to tell you-since you of course have an HEB nearby!-HEB actually makes HEB brand sparkling water with lemon and lime in a 12 pack of cans for about $4. they'll be by the perrier and pellegrino on the soda aisle. OMGosh-i was a HUGE diet dr pepper fanatic before ip and the sparkling water in a can is almost like a sprite-with no sweetness to it, much more fizzy than the pellegrino or perrier. AND, all that is in the ingredients are carbonated water and lemon or lime flavor. TOTALLY helps with my soda cravings and keeps me from getting bored with the plain old ozark water i drink, definitely check it out!

lord, i can ramble
  • Quote: you know i think it was, nicole?
    yep, e-mails are always the best way to get in touch with her. she was out of town till today so feel free to call in if you need to but she is very busy with the ip meetings and life and financial services all day and will respond quickly to e-mails. my office is next to her's, just to the left when you're walking in her door. come by and say hi if you do end up doing a wednesday appt next time! welcome and congrats on your first week's loss again, that's AMAZING! what was her reaction, i bet it was great i love her!
    Yup, I'm Nichole. I remembered you saying your office was next door so I at least had the wherewithal to look in that doorway today but it was dark.

She seemed pretty surprised and was VERY excited, lol. I know she expected me to do well since I have SOOO much to lose (at least 100 lbs) but I don't think she expected it to be quite that much since I only started Saturday. It was actually quite funny! I weigh myself daily so I wasn't *quite* as surprised. I thought the 3 bottles of water I drank before the appointment would mess things up so that it was a relief to see a lower number than I feared.
  • [QUOTE=nitenic;3290902]Yup, I'm Nichole. QUOTE]

that's great, my middle name is nichole as well, but i've never met anyone with the same spelling so i just assume everyone's a "nicole"

she's a hoot, you'll just love her!
    did you read about the sparkling water from HEB?