3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ip Chat Week May 10 - 16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/201486-ip-chat-week-may-10-16-a.html)

ckanable 05-11-2010 09:12 PM

Weighed myself this morning after having my loss slow significantly in the last 2 weeks and I am down to 150!! I can see the 140's - they are sooo close and I just might make my goal! :D

Calgarygirlie 05-11-2010 09:17 PM

BevS Can you see me doing a SIZE 6!!!! dance for you:dance: :dance: :dance: That must have been a fantastic feeling:)
Also an interesting note about aspartame...have you been ordering any of the Lindora products with it?

Showgirl...When did you start IP? Once you speak with your coach I would def be interested in what their response it to your doc.

Ckanable YAYAYAY for you too :D

karleem 05-11-2010 09:58 PM

I have had the same issue. Your thyroid goes up and down and if they don't get the timing right, they seem to assume that there is no problem. So try out the naturalpath and also if you get a few blood tests within a few weeks, they should catch it if it is out. My mom is in healthcare and told me about this many years ago.
Good luck!!!
Question?? Has anyone had any problems with when you lose the weight, does your skin tighten on this diet? Just wondering if I should be maybe putting extra lotion or something??

chimpchamp 05-11-2010 10:00 PM

showgirlaz I'm so sorry to hear that the doc report wasn't completely positive. I'm quite certain that Dr. Tran Tien Chan recommends against staying on Phase I for more than 90 days; then move on to Phase 2 for a few weeks...maybe 2 - 3 months at the most, then Phase 3 b/c one will still lose inches and weight in Phases 2 & 3. Weigh a trustworthy doctor's opinion heavily over your coach's unless he is a certified health care professional who takes your vitals, blood tests, etc.

It's good to keep in mind that IP is a business for the coaches--even those that are doctors or nurses. I would be very hesitant to stay in Phase I a day over 90. Actually, I'd be a li'l nervous about even being a coach b/c I wouldn't want to be liable if anyone got sick.

I think there have been previous posts how this diet over extended periods of time (or even in the short-term) can result in estrogen changes...something about estrogen and fat (adipose tissue)...then the reduction of progesterone. One poster recommended a progesterone cream.I don't know for sure. It seems like a lot of us have TOM more often than ever before so clearly, hormonal changes are taking place.

Stay well and know we appreciate you sharing the info. We're rootin' for you and know that you'll keep losing inches in the upcoming phases! You're worth every bit of good health you can have!!!

You are one smart girl; I can tell from how you research your info. I know you'll make a good decision for good health. You're already down so many pounds that Phase 2 and Phase 3 might really be just what your body is wanting!!

Stay healthy, get into Phase 2 for a brief period, and don't risk you well-being

showgirlaz 05-11-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckanable (Post 3287304)
Weighed myself this morning after having my loss slow significantly in the last 2 weeks and I am down to 150!! I can see the 140's - they are sooo close and I just might make my goal! :D

Congratulations! I am sure you will make it! That must be great! I bet you are ready to shift down another size too!

BevS Congrats on the size 6! That is where I would like to end up. I am so envious! Lucky woman you are!

Calgarygirl:...I started IP Nov 20, 2009. It has been 6 months this month. I did really well in the beginning, 40 pounds in 10 weeks. But, around week 13 my body freaked out for 2 weeks. since week 16 I have only had very slow losses and a 2 weeks of no loss. I will talk to my coach next monday. Not sure what I should do. Dr can't assure me I am making a mistake being on the diet but, she says, I won't recover my cholesetrol/hdl until I add back healthy fats. My coach will probably say, I can't make you stay on the diet and, you need to do what you want to. I know his cholesterol dropped quite a lot while he was doing it too. I will keep you informed what happens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SylvieG (Post 3287193)
Went to my official weigh in: -3,6lbs over the last week... Love IP!!

Great Job!

Quote:

Originally Posted by deinekatze (Post 3287262)
wow well glad you caught it now.

Yeah I know I need my fats... otherwise all **** breaks lose LOL

Thanks for the congrats! You will be in the 160's soon too! Yep, I don't know that it is much of a problem but I think I will have my hormones checked when I see my gyn. You might find this interest, my doctor reminded me I am a fast oxidizer today. She said, she knew I was not getting enough fat and my CO2 blood levels were off again. Maybe that explains why I am hungry when I shouldn't be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3286936)
carla
just tried the WF mayo in tuna salad, YUCK!!!! can you give me your sugar-free homemade mayo recipe?
i love tuna salad with boiled egg whites on salad and could eat it everyday but that mayo...ew! can't choke it down!::barf:

Sugar Free Mayonnaise

1 large egg
1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeeze or apple cider vinegar
1 cup extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
1/8 tsp black or white pepper
1/2 tsp salt
optional: dash of paprika and/or 1/8 tsp dry mustard powder

Directions
in a food processor or blender blend egg and lemon juice. While processor is on, slowly add (a slow drizzle) oil until it thicken to a white pudding texture as mayonnaise suppose to look. stop processor, add salt and pepper, and optional spices, then pulse 5 times. (if it isn't thickening you can take another egg and more lemon juice and blend then and the THIN mixture to the new egg mixture SLOWLY (a true drizzle), then slowly add more oil til the mixture thickens.)

You may add roasted peppers, garlic, basil with a little extra lemon, herbs or other ingredient for more savory flavor. Or,use it plain.

serving suggestion is 1 tbsp and makes about 36 servings. there is about 6 grams of fat per serving, no carbs to speak of, and less than .5g of protein per serving.

This is a different option, a little richer in flavor with more ZING because of the added lemon juice:

2 egg yolks
1/4 tsp white pepper
pinch of salt
3 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup olive oil

Directions:

1. Use a whisk, mixer, or food processor to mix egg yolks, pepper, salt, and lemon juice together.
2. Add 1/2 up oil, one drop at a time, to the mixture while mixing. Whisk/mix until mixture thickens, adding oil drop by drop.
3. Add the remaining oil in a slow, thin stream, whisking until well blended and mixture is thickened.

showgirlaz 05-11-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karleem (Post 3287356)
I have had the same issue. Your thyroid goes up and down and if they don't get the timing right, they seem to assume that there is no problem. So try out the naturalpath and also if you get a few blood tests within a few weeks, they should catch it if it is out. My mom is in healthcare and told me about this many years ago.
Good luck!!!
Question?? Has anyone had any problems with when you lose the weight, does your skin tighten on this diet? Just wondering if I should be maybe putting extra lotion or something??

I haven't had much of an issue. Right after my quick weight loss, I had some loose areas but as I have slowed down, they tightened right up. I have the blueberry pom drink or the jello eveyday and I get about a gallon of water. I heard those things help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimpchamp (Post 3287358)
showgirlaz I'm so sorry to hear that the doc report wasn't completely positive. I'm quite certain that Dr. Tran Tien Chan recommends against staying on Phase I for more than 90 days; then move on to Phase 2 for a few weeks...maybe 2 - 3 months at the most, then Phase 3 b/c one will still lose inches and weight in Phases 2 & 3. Weigh a trustworthy doctor's opinion heavily over your coach's unless he is a certified health care professional who takes your vitals, blood tests, etc.

Stay well and know we appreciate you sharing the info. We're rootin' for you and know that you'll keep losing inches in the upcoming phases! You're worth every bit of good health you can have!!!

You are one smart girl; I can tell from how you research your info. I know you'll make a good decision for good health. You're already down so many pounds that Phase 2 and Phase 3 might really be just what your body is wanting!!

thank you. I haven't read anything yet from Dr Chanh or IP that says when to get off plan. He does list many adverse reactions, thank god I don't have them all :) , but doesn't have a time limit that I have found.

I am sure I will keep losing even if I switch to another phase or just phase out to phase 4 and then go on a low carb lifestyle with exercise.

I will let you know what is coming and what I hear but for now, I am on the plan! :)

BevS 05-11-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimpchamp (Post 3286754)
I don't think I've seen any posts regarding lunch / deli meats. My understanding is to stay away from them b/c many contain additives such as corn syrup, honey, brown sugar, yeast, whey solids, etc. Is that the understanding most of you have, too? Just want to put this out there for new bloggers, too.

I was told no smoked meats. But I wasn't told why. Most of them have nitrates in them, which isn't good for you. I've been pressure cooking whole chickens and deboning them for my meat a lot of times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie (Post 3287309)
BevS Can you see me doing a SIZE 6!!!! dance for you:dance: :dance: :dance: That must have been a fantastic feeling:)
Also an interesting note about aspartame...have you been ordering any of the Lindora products with it?

Thanks for the happy dance. No, I have never ordered any of the Lindora products with aspartame. I always check the ingredients before ordering.

[QUOTE=showgirlaz;3287393]

Journeysend 05-11-2010 11:08 PM

Well WI was OK...lost 1.6lbs BUT...6.75 inches!!! Go Figure!!!!

pitakitten 05-11-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deinekatze (Post 3287172)
tell them to do a saliva test on you to check all your levels... by the time the Thyroid issue shows in your blood work it is very advanced. Think about it, your body will protect itself and it's fuel (blood) so all systems will fail before that fails.

Hi again,

would I have to go to my doctor for that OR you think a naturopath can do it?

clbrochu 05-12-2010 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showgirlaz (Post 3285913)
Thanks! I appreciate the resource, I would have never thought to do that search. I do see that the first link is an old 2009. The second link is late 2009 and a red list... hmm... that is strange. I wonder if they ever got that cleared up. If not, they could be spot checked whenever customs wants to do it. At least, that was my old import/export experience. I am not having any issues or similar feedback but, I would say listen to what your coach is telling you since it is effecting her business.

Yes. IP actually sells a medical grade collagen supplement. Not sure how effective it is. When you read on it, there seem to be mixed reports of the level of effectiveness. AND, it really does depend on the quality of the supplement.

I will have to remember that tip for later, much later, when I finally get to have a few bars :)

Welcome! It is nice to have you around the board! This is a great way to take off the weight! For vegetarian ideas, check out the alternative thread for IP too! There are at least 2 vegetarians (Birman and Ogdog) doing this plan. Are you allowing yourself eggs, fish, chicken or are you a strict vegetarian or vegan? It will effect how you do this. I know you can use the soy products as a vegetarian. I think the black soy beans are the lowest carb/ highest protein combo.

Nice to see you popping by! How was mother's day weekend for you?

I always doctor the WF (walden farm) foods. I use them as a base and add extra oil, seasonings, mustard, stevia or splenda or flavored sugar free (splenda) syrup (like torani, da vinci, or artisan). My favorite WF dressing is italian. I just add olive oil, lemon juice or vinegar, a little extra salt, pepper, and maybe (if I am at home) some extra italian seasoning. I say if I am home because I buy the packets to go and at a restaurant get them to bring me lemon wedges and olive oil. I doctor it up right there! :)

I make lots of homemade dressings. It will last for about 4 days or so. I use about 1/3 cup olive oil, 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar, and whatever seasonings I am in the mood for. Play around to find your combination. I have made lemon tarragon, lemon oregano, lemon mustard oregano, cumin vinegarette, french herb vinegarette, italian, dill, southwest vinegarette ( used sugar free fajita seasoning by mccormick spices) and lots of things that I have forgotten.

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear about the trip.

Nice to have you back! YOU CAN DO IT!

I think, based on what is posting, you are missing the closing command for the link. Whenever you have code you have opening and closing commands, like how we use parenthesis or quotation marks in English. your line of code opens the commands but forgets to close them. In the line below I bolded the command words url and img. you are just missing the closing commnds [/img] and [/url] to close your command.

copy and paste /.png [/img] [/url] at the end of your line of code above and then add it into your signature. It should work!

You have : [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar008/fireworks01/lb/230/165/21

I think it should read :
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/]* [img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar008/fireworks01/lb/230/165/21/.png[/img] *[/url]

WITHOUT all the bold type and the red asterisk.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar008...30/165/21/.png

OK... Looking at how that reads I think something is wrong. Are you trying to count pounds lost... if so.. I think based on your sidebar info... you should use this. I shows a start weight of 230 a current weight of 209 and a goal weight of 165... Is that what you were aiming for or did you want to track pounds lost????

copy either of the codes below at the end of the line, after the .png, you will need to copy/paste [/img] and /url (remove the and between them and place the square brackets around the /url like you see around the /img) then copy and paste all of that into your signature (sorry this is a little confusing! it is hard to describe and write code without the software trying to create the image.)

To get a ticker showing start, current, and goal weight:

CODE1:
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar008/fireworks01/lb/230/165/209/.png

If you want to show an accumlated amount of weight lost:

CODE 2:
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/][img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar008/fireworks01/lb/0/65/21/.png

Wow, thanks Carla. I soooo appreciate all you effort. I will try to be tech savvy and get this to work. I am soooo not good at this. You will see a ticker sooner or later. LOL!! Your great thanks.

clbrochu 05-12-2010 12:29 AM

I think I figured it out!! Here goes! Thanks carla!! Much appreciated.

Novak 05-12-2010 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BevS (Post 3287123)
I went shopping today and tried on 5 pairs of jeans in a size 6. They all fit, and I bought 2 of them. I have never worn less than an 8 as an adult, even at lower weights.

Careful with that shopping, Bev... seems as I come down the home stretch I'm dropping clothing sizes fast. I bought size 6 slacks, then went back a week later for the same style in another color, and ended up with a size 4. What is that? Size 4? Is that an adult size? My closet has never seen that number without a "1" in front of it.

All I can say is, for all the plugging away through this diet since the end of January, these last couple of weeks have been awesome. I can't believe I look the way I do, and that I can wear all these clothes. The before and after pictures are incredible... my brother in Tokyo woke up his wife at 4:00 in the morning to make her come out to the computer and look at them. Now he wants to go on IP to drop 30 pounds.

If you'd asked me in January if I thought I'd ever be small enough to fit in a size 6 (let alone a 4), I would have laughed and said a size 10 would make me happy. But here I am... less than a pound and a half from my goal (which I lowered 10 pounds from my original target.) If I can do this, you all can.

My advice (though some may think it unreasonable) is to follow the protocol almost religiously. Don't cheat. Don't rationalize that it's okay to bend the rules. I didn't substitute other products (though I purchased my premixed shakes elsewhere.) I didn't stress when I only lost 2-3 pounds a week (I get plenty of stress at work and in my personal life... I didn't need more!) Over the long haul, I've averaged almost exactly 3 pounds a week... including my initial 10 pound loss week 1. Just put your head down and follow the plan. It doesn't last forever, and the rewards are so worth the investment.

BevS 05-12-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3287681)
Careful with that shopping, Bev... seems as I come down the home stretch I'm dropping clothing sizes fast. I bought size 6 slacks, then went back a week later for the same style in another color, and ended up with a size 4. What is that? Size 4? Is that an adult size? My closet has never seen that number without a "1" in front of it.

If you'd asked me in January if I thought I'd ever be small enough to fit in a size 6 (let alone a 4), I would have laughed and said a size 10 would make me happy. But here I am... less than a pound and a half from my goal (which I lowered 10 pounds from my original target.) If I can do this, you all can.

Woo-hoo! Congrats, Novak! Size 4?!

My weight loss has slowed to a crawl--about .8 per week. But my inches are changing still. My husband is so impatient for me to be off the diet and eating bread and fruit again that he can hardly stand it. He is a bit of a control freak. I think my body is holding on to the weight just to spite him. :dizzy:

r101 05-12-2010 09:08 AM

Starting out...

Hello again all!

Today is my first appointment with my Coach to get started on the diet. I plan to start this friday in case i experience headaches! Much easier without workday stress(or maybe more time to obsess..hmmm!)

What can you do if you get really really hungry...munch on lettuce, salt and water? Any other options? I suffer from hunger headaches when i skip meals usually. Fingers crossed that it doesnt happen. I plan to do a lot of things around the house to keep myself busy so that i dont think about food or feel the urge to munch.

How many inches can i expect to lose the first week ? I'm trying to keep my expectations reasonable, but its so hard...so excited!!

This forum is absolutely amazing, and the detailed replies that everyone posts are so encouraging. I'm going to try to do that as well and pay it forward.

Novak 05-12-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r101 (Post 3287828)
Hello again all!

How many inches can i expect to lose the first week ? I'm trying to keep my expectations reasonable, but its so hard...so excited!!

I lost 10 pounds and 6 inches my first week. I think it partly depends on how much you have to lose, though my sister just lost 6.5 pounds her first week, and also about 6 inches.

Welcome to the boards, and best of luck with the program!