3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Restaurant guide for IP (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/201156-restaurant-guide-ip.html)

Emino 08-28-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shathom (Post 4417829)
Great thread, wish I would have seen it last month.

Can anybody tell me if Morrocan food is IP ok? or shwarma's? i really like the chicken shwarma's from a place called Montforts...but I will have to have it without the wrap

thecircleguru 08-02-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laudie09 (Post 3914351)
Do you have the cookbook? I am in love with the sesame soy dressing and I make it and just keep it with me. it's a lifesaver. I can eat out anywhere and just get a plain salad, steamed veggies and meat cooked dry.

I'd LOVE the "Sesame Soy Dressing" recipe if anyone has the book? I haven't seen the copies of the cookbook at our clinic yet.

TIA!
Ally.

katsassy 10-14-2013 10:43 PM

what about snow crabs. any info on the amount to prepare to get 6 ozs? thanks

coffeebean 10-15-2013 07:45 AM

Where did you find the recipe for sesame soy dressing

LizziBea 07-14-2015 05:21 PM

My favorite restaurant to eat at on IP is Chipotle! I go once every week :-)
Order a salad with either chicken or steak, no dressing
Double fajita veggies
Pico de gallo
medium salsa
I take mine home and add a tablespoon of fat free, plane yogurt (my coach allows me this instead of the 1oz of skim milk we are allowed because I don't drink coffee or tea)

Nutrition:
265 calories, 8g. fat, 19g carbs (high, but worth it IMO), 4.5 g dietary fiber, 36g protein

ImASharkIPromise 07-16-2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizziBea (Post 5184697)
My favorite restaurant to eat at on IP is Chipotle! I go once every week :-)
Order a salad with either chicken or steak, no dressing
Double fajita veggies
Pico de gallo
medium salsa
I take mine home and add a tablespoon of fat free, plane yogurt (my coach allows me this instead of the 1oz of skim milk we are allowed because I don't drink coffee or tea)

Nutrition:
265 calories, 8g. fat, 19g carbs (high, but worth it IMO), 4.5 g dietary fiber, 36g protein

I get the exact same thing with double steak and no yogurt, but bear in mind that the chicken isn't always IP friendly. There's a thread somewhere around here regarding Chipotle in which someone called their local Chipotle to find out how everything is prepared and found out that some locations cook their chicken in honey.

joysh 07-20-2015 03:22 PM

I'm not sure about Chipotle's, but there's a great Mexican restaurant in Houston (Escalante's) where I order the same order: fajitas, meat only with lettuce and tomatoes and grilled peppers + double order of grilled veggies to sub for rice and beans. It's very, very yummy and OP.

And, actually, that order will work at most Mexican restaurants. I've been on the Riverwalk in San Antonio and have gotten wonderful fajita meat + veggies. Always ask for double lettuce! A bit of salsa instead of cheese and sour cream is also tasty!

Also - in the Southern US, I go to Golden Corral when I'm on the road. It's a huge buffet, so you have to have blinders, but I can always find meat or fish + steamed or roasted vegetables.

And Outback is also a favorite of mine when traveling.

No one answered about shawarma meat. I've had shawarma salads at Mideastern restaurants. I think it's fine on occasion.

Of course the best is to cook at home, but I travel a lot and don't want to use that as an excuse not to stay OP.