Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 12:12 AM   #271  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Frumpy.....here are hugs for you. You are in my prayers
Fluffy....here's wishing you the strength you need to get through this
Stacerp....dang, I still can't catch you!!! Way to go, you keep me motivated!!!

OK, went for my weigh in this morning. FINALLY made it to the 160's!!!! I am so excited.....yippee. Also wore size 12 jeans today and stopped at the thrift store and bought another pair. I have plenty of summer clothes I could wear, but for some reason we just don't seem to want to give up on winter here. I'll be too small to wear them if we don't get warm weather soon. Such a problem!!! LOL

Bet CW is having a blast!!!! We're thinking of you!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 12:13 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
TO PENGUIN0199 AKA KATIE
Yes, it's working for me but you may not like the EAS AdvantEDGE drinks if you don't like the IP stuff...Yes, I am losing pounds and inches and my friend put herself on Phase 2 of IP after a bad coach experience. She now eats 2 real food proteins a day instead of one and has 2 protein drinks / treats a day instead of the IP producst. She uses EAS AdvantEdge and MM's Protein +
Thanks for the info chimpchamp! I purchased some EAS AdvantEdge drinks tonight and actually liked them. I'm not sure what it is about IP but I'm having a really hard time with the packets. Some of the drinks and shakes I'm finally getting use to but the soup and pudding I just have to choke down in order to finish it. I'm gonna try EAS for a week and see how it does and if it works the same for me maybe I'll sell my left over IP.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:30 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone! Have a quick question for you. My birthday is this week and was kind of thinking I could have crab with butter. I have been on IP for 2 weeks and if the butter would put me out of ketosis or the pancreatic resetting I dont want to do it. Any suggestions?
Old 05-08-2010, 06:40 AM   #274  

S/C/G: 175/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I think those bars are fine, I know a friend of mine who buys them. as far as the amonth of carb, I am pretty sure that each person is different. As far as calculating, I say add the carbs on your packets then guestimate what vegies you are eating, I think as along as you don't have a whole bunch of high carb vegetables then you should be fine.
I created a table of the foods I eat for the Cals and Carbs so I could do the math when wt loss slows. I have shared it before, and I am sharing it again now.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Nutritional Info.doc (106.5 KB, 49 views)
Old 05-08-2010, 08:47 AM   #275  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzMa View Post
I created a table of the foods I eat for the Cals and Carbs so I could do the math when wt loss slows. I have shared it before, and I am sharing it again now.
Thanks, FuzzMa, I needed to see that!
Old 05-08-2010, 09:46 AM   #276  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Not quite sure what is keeping me going currently. I am so stalled on this plan but I hope each morning, there will be a miracle. Speaking of miracles, hoping all good things for you Frumpy. Stay positive. And you too Fluffy. I have often eaten to punish someone else when I am angry. How does that make any sense at ALL?
Hope you're having a ball chaplains wifey... I am sure you are. And HockeyMom-- you are so lucky to be in the 180ss. I will be joining you there momentarily. lol
Do you like our book? I want to know all the rules.
And I so want to take off my heavy boots. Have you read that part yet??
Just got an email saying Geneen Roth will be on Oprah this week discussing the book.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-08-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzMa View Post
Thank you very much FuzzMa, I will print this out and put it in the kitchen.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:33 PM   #278  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
TO WUC1013
A lot of people stall in weight loss when they eat the bars b/c they are higher carb. Even though the sugar alcohols and fiber content can be subtracted from the total carb count, it seems folks lose the weight better when they stay away from the sugar alcohols. I, personally, do not lose well with the bars. I do best with low carb / low fat protein drinks and real eggs, plus a real protein meat, poulty, or fish.
I am really going to watch it this week and see what happens. I know 9 pounds in 3 weeks isn't bad but I am not sure what to think if I don't change in 2 weeks in a row. Am sure the couple of glasses of wine has had something to do with it as well. My coach was telling me that it might be because I started working out again? which sounds a bit hokey to me. Also I still don't get how I could loose 2 inches from my stomach but not loose any weight. who knows.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #279  
New To Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 230/211.8/165

Height: 5 ft 5

Yeah Yeah weigh in 3 and down another 2.6lbs, so that is 16.2lbs in 3 wks I am so excited. I would love to see higher numbers but I will not complain. WHoot whoot!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #280  

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbrochu View Post
Yeah Yeah weigh in 3 and down another 2.6lbs, so that is 16.2lbs in 3 wks I am so excited. I would love to see higher numbers but I will not complain. WHoot whoot!!!
congrats! try and deal with zero
Old 05-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Fuzzma! Thanks so much for posting that info. It is will be a great quick resource for me. You rock for doing all the leg work
Clbrochu Nicely done! What a great direction to be headed...down!
Pitakitten I had no loss last week as well, and I didn't even have a few glasses of wine I WI on Monday, I expect I will see something better
Old 05-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #282  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Not quite sure what is keeping me going currently. I am so stalled on this plan but I hope each morning, there will be a miracle. Speaking of miracles, hoping all good things for you Frumpy. Stay positive. And you too Fluffy. I have often eaten to punish someone else when I am angry. How does that make any sense at ALL?
Hope you're having a ball chaplains wifey... I am sure you are. And HockeyMom-- you are so lucky to be in the 180ss. I will be joining you there momentarily. lol
Do you like our book? I want to know all the rules.
And I so want to take off my heavy boots. Have you read that part yet??
Just got an email saying Geneen Roth will be on Oprah this week discussing the book.
I hate to tell you this but I had a friend that was at the same point so she threw her hands up and had a cheat weekend and then went back to the plan on Monday. The next WI she had lost 5.2 lbs.....
Old 05-08-2010, 07:57 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
I hate to tell you this but I had a friend that was at the same point so she threw her hands up and had a cheat weekend and then went back to the plan on Monday. The next WI she had lost 5.2 lbs.....
Maybe we need that once in awhile (every 6 wks or so??) to give our bodies a change and boost????
Quote:
Originally Posted by clbrochu View Post
Good for you...that is awesome!!!

Last edited by Journeysend; 05-08-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #284  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
Ohhh this is tempting! Do you know what she ate or how much weight she gained back from the weekend? Did she
lose 5. 2 new pounds at the WI? I think my body has gotten adjusted to this low number of calories-- maybe it does need a shakeup.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:26 PM   #285  
Alberta Gal

S/C/G: 154.2/151.2/125.0

Height: 5' 3"

Thumbs up Ideal Protein: Spruce Grove, Alberta :)

Ideal Protein in Alberta:

Spruce Grove, Alberta, has a store where you can purchase Ideal Protein products without going through weigh-ins and all that jazz. It's very convenient. It's located at Optimum Health & Wellness on MacLeod Ave.

So happy!
Alberta Gal
Closed Thread