Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

hello everybody! I just can't tell you how much I enjoy the info and support on this site. My wanting to eat the wallpaper off my wall feelings have subsided. Im bet it is TOM stuff. My WI is Thursday and I'm trying to not to obsess.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #47  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
Here's the info on the PREMIER NUTRITION SHAKES at Costco
Premier Protein Shake Chocolate

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 shake (11 fl. oz.)
Total Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 5g
Sat. Fat 0g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Calories 160
Trans Fat 0g
Sugars 1g
Fat Cal. 30
Cholesterol 15mg
Protein 30g
Sodium 330mg

*Percentage Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Potassium 680mg
20%

Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 25%
Calcium 25% Iron 25%
Vitamin D 25% Vitamin E 25%
Vitamin K 25% Thiamin 25%
Riboflavin 25% Niacin 25%
Vitamin B6 25% Folate 25%
Vitamin B12 25% Biotin 25%
Pantothenic Acid 25% Phosphorus 25%
Iodine 25% Magnesium 25%
Zinc 25% Selenium 25%
Copper 25% Manganese 25%
Chromium 25% Molybdenum 25%

INGREDIENTS: Water, (PREMIER NUTRITION PROTEIN BLEND: Milk Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate) Safflower Oil, Cocoa Processed with Alkali, Fructooligosaccharide, Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Citrate, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Cellulose Gel, Cellulose Gum, Datem, Magnesium Phosphate, Sucralose, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan, Acesulfame Potassium, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Zinc Amino Acid, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Biotin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Niacinamide, Phytonadione (Vitamin K), Potassium Iodide, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Chromium Chloride, Copper Amino Acid, Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12), Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Folic Acid, Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ferric Orthophosphate, Manganese Sulfate. Allergy Information: Contains Milk.
These drinks have 30grams of protein in them. Is that to much protien to have in one drink? I am in maintanance phase right now and will be restarting phase 1 the end of next month. I am not going to do the ip packets as the cost is to high. I have ordered some stuff from Lindora and have gotten a few of the EAS shakes. I would like to purchase these shakes from our costco but am worried that it would be to much protein 3x a day. any thoughts?
Old 05-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #48  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
These drinks have 30grams of protein in them. Is that to much protien to have in one drink? I am in maintanance phase right now and will be restarting phase 1 the end of next month. I am not going to do the ip packets as the cost is to high. I have ordered some stuff from Lindora and have gotten a few of the EAS shakes. I would like to purchase these shakes from our costco but am worried that it would be to much protein 3x a day. any thoughts?
well here is what I heard and don't quote me but ask your coach maybe?

What ever your goal weight is divide it in half and that should be your protein intake.. example... Say I want to be 150 so I should be consuming about 75g of protein a day.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Pitakitten... I don't think you should worry about it being a water fluke. You are doing great. My first 3 weeks I lost 16lbs, and I firmly believe it can't all be water I do walk, but I have stopped really working out while on IP Although I swear running after 2 small children should count for something haha.
Motiv8ed!... That is so great that you are there for your mom. I think that despite her obstacles, it is a great sign that she is still interested in investing her own health. You are making a difference in her life..maybe you should call yourself "motiv8ormama"
mwaller.. YAY!!!!!!!
hockeymom... WOOHOO for you! I rememer quite clearly the moment I hit the 180's, enjoy!
Frumpy...so frustrating isn't it? But we will get there! Good luck with the dreaded afternoon WI
Lemiesse... thanks for the commiseration Ahh the plight of the scale hoppers, haha. We just need to put them aside and believe in the process...so easy to say isn't it?
Showgirl!... Thanks again for letting me know that I am not the ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD (haha) with a stagnant week. You progress and words are great to watch and read

YAY for me, I finally figured out all the smileys Hey...does that count as a NSV???
Old 05-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #50  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
My new goal is to get into the 160s already...sheesh! Maybe this week, although I too will be having my period...ugh
Right there with ya! I am just teetering on the brink and can't push over! GRRR Had such high hopes but the water weight gain killed it.

CW: YEAH!!! I hope you and your hunny have a great time!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:47 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

Mepterson: The drink from Costco is so big, it takes me longer to drink it in the morning and keeps me full longer. I just started drinking it, so let's see by the end of the week if it makes a diff in my weight one way or another!

Penguin0199: Not since the first two weeks have i eaten 2 cups of veggies at lunch. I just couldn't keep gagging them down! So instead I add one of those mini cucumbers to my salad, or some raw cabbage. I find that more tolerable than trying to choke down two cups of mushrooms!

journeyseed: The case of drinks at Costco was around $25? And they were hidden near the diapers and asprin!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #52  

To JOURNEYSEND:COSTCO: Going to the big city next week, will definitely look for those RTD items..case of 24...do you mind me asking how much the case was?

It was something like $24.99--it came up to about $1.20 per Tetra Pak / Drink. Please note that if you go to Premier Nutrition's website, it will state that they are available at "select Costcos" and that may mean mostly CA. I'm glad we got them here in the Phoenix Metro area.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:00 PM   #53  

To MEPETERSON:These drinks have 30grams of protein in them. Is that to much protien to have in one drink? I am in maintanance phase right now and will be restarting phase 1 the end of next month. I am not going to do the ip packets as the cost is to high. I have ordered some stuff from Lindora and have gotten a few of the EAS shakes. I would like to purchase these shakes from our costco but am worried that it would be to much protein 3x a day. any thoughts?

I only drink ONE of these Premier Protein Tetra Paks a day. They are very filling and satisfying so I have it in the morning. I would NOT drink 3 a day b/c I reserve them as a "treat" among my other food and b/c it is very high in protein. First thing in the morning gets the day started off nicely. A 5 oz beef pattie or turkey pattie can have about 25 gr of protein so I also have my "real, natural" protein during the day. I also use the EAS AdvantEDGE not to be confused with some of the high carb EAS drinks.

Last edited by chimpchamp; 05-04-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 249/229/160

Height: 5' 5"

Default Support

I am in my 3rd week and I cannot thank all of you who post here enough. It's so nice to not be the only one going through this process. Each of your success's brings me such good cheer. I'm on IP phase 1 and have lost 12 pounds with another 80+ to go. I may not look different at this point, but I sure do feel better. Thanks one and all.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:16 PM   #55  

So I talked to my coach about Rocket Fuel Week and she talked to her regional director who talked to one of the Head doctors at IP Head Office and they said in no uncertain terms should people go on this "rocket fuel week". They've never heard of it, they would never suggest it and they said it's of no benefit to you to try it.

Just thought I would pass on the info!
Old 05-04-2010, 01:24 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Ok Im trying to stay calm ... My husband comes home today .The kids still think he is coming tomorrrow .They are going to be so surprised . Bad news is I got my TOM last night ! Can you beleive it ? My husband is not going to be happy about that .LOL . Sorry you guys probably dont need to know that .

Ok so I have been doing the Rocket Fuel thing the last three days .Not really noticing a big diffrence besides my energy level is down . Going to do it again today then back to the normal diet . Not sure how these next two weeks are going to go but we will see. HAve a great day everyone .
cannot wait to hear what his reaction was !!!!
Old 05-04-2010, 01:24 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 175/175/125

Height: 5'0"

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Naynai! Welcome!!! You will be so happy you have started this journey. This forum is fantastic for support, and tons of advice... Let us know when your "goodies" arrive! And by the way you ARE beautiful, now you are just about to become OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!
thanks calgarygirlie!!! quick question to everyone when do you take your supplements (vitamins)? all at once or spread out through the day?
Old 05-04-2010, 01:26 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 175/175/125

Height: 5'0"

also has anyone bought the supplements from the store versus from IP?
Old 05-04-2010, 01:26 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
So I talked to my coach about Rocket Fuel Week and she talked to her regional director who talked to one of the Head doctors at IP Head Office and they said in no uncertain terms should people go on this "rocket fuel week". They've never heard of it, they would never suggest it and they said it's of no benefit to you to try it.

Just thought I would pass on the info!

Thanks for the update Jordanna as I was going to try it but will just stick to what I am doing.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:35 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

CHIMPCHAMP & BROCOLA: Thanks for the info for Costco, hopefully the Canadian Costco will have the same or something similar!!

Last edited by Journeysend; 05-04-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Closed Thread