IP Chat Week of May 3 - May 9

You're on Page 24 of 24
Go to
  • Is anyone going to start a new thread? It's May 10th now.
  • WyoSun
    I'm not going back to my ol' way of eating either. Less fat and weight means a healthier body and, by God's grace, a longer life with my precious family. I love McDonald's fries but honestly, after 4 weeks, most of the foods aren't near the temptation they used to be. It's really hard to believe. Truly, I don't have the same cravings. The one thing that I look forward to and crave each day is the chocolate drink....mmmm, mmmmmm!
  • DK!!!!!... I have seen that before, and each time it freaks me out! Now....the real question, it what is wrong with a rational person who sees that, recognizes the implications and general disgustingness and still eats them anyway...and yes I am talking about me.
    Perhaps I need you living a little closer so that if I even think about it you can condition me not to eventually it might work
  • Quote: jordana, I miss you....can't wait to have you back.

I need to post this information since it is one of the main reasons I wanted to try IP. This may be TMI for some of you, but I know that it will be interesting for most.

I had my blood work done and wanted you to see what IP can do. I'm sure this is all because of a more healthy diet and losing weight.

Before IP 5 weeks on IP
    Cholesterol 302 174
    Triglyceride 344 85
    HDL 53 47
    LDL 180 110
    VLDL 69 17
    Chol/HDL ratio 5.7 3.7

As of the date of this test I was only 5 weeks into IP and had only lost 18 lbs.
    I am now past week 10 and have lost 32 lbs. These numbers are huge for me. I didn't want to go on medication for cholesteral, so decided to try to work on it myself. While I feel that once I go off IP I will have some foods that I miss very much I do not plan on going back to my old eating habits. I want to be around to see my family to the end and I don't think that would have happened had I stayed on my old track of eating. As a side note, my husband had high(not as high as mine) cholesteral and he is also into the normal range. Makes a difference when I don't cook like I used to.

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day.....I certainly did.
    That is excellent! Congrats to both of you!

I go for blood work today. Let's hope I am as well off!
  • WyoSun: I had similar great results with my bloodwork after only 5 weeks on IP. My overall cholesterol went from 230 to 147. Talk about a great motivator to stay healthy!

DK: Thanks for sharing that. I will never eat fast food fries again. Or burgers for that matter - that is absolutely disgusting.
  • Quote: Is anyone going to start a new thread? It's May 10th now.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...ml#post3284828

Good morning everyone! Please see our new weekly thread.