IP Chat Week of May 3 - May 9

You're on Page 22 of 24
Go to
  • Quote: Welcome! I love your avatar, a pug and a mastiff, I am guessing these are your babies? I love mastiffs!! I am actually going to pick up my new baby this Sunday, a baby girl neo mastiff...can't wait!
    Congrats on your new baby! Mastiffs are the best! Yup, they are my babies. They are our 'twin' boyz. Actually, my friends came up with that like from the movie! So funny, they are just like the characters in the movie! Let me know if you have any questions!
  • Hope everyone is enjoying their Mother's Day celebrations!

Tomorrow is week 5 WI....last week was a non loss, so send a few positive thoughts this way

• Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers!!

Had a minor issue with will power today. Took my mom and sister to the Olive Garden for lunch and had every intention of ordering grilled chicken and broccoli and ended up with fetticini alfredo. I know this is going to throw me out of ketosis but I'm not gonna beat myself up over it. I will be back on fully tomorrow and hope to have a good WI come Friday.
  • Thanks to all for the great recipes! I'm always looking for new ideas!
  • Quote: Glucosamine, can we have it on IP diet?
    you are talking about the supplement glucosamine chondroitin, right? If so, I would say yes. Just double check with your coach and MAKE SURE it doesn't have a lot of sugar it in. Some vitamins do use sugar.
  • Help and Motivation
    I joined IP program on April 21 I was doing for well for the first two weeks. Week 1 I lost 7.4 pounds and week 2 I lost 3.6 pounds. This week I seemed to fall off the band wagon. I need to get back on track I need motivation. This is new to me. I have to reach my goal by August of losing 40 pounds. Is there someone who feels my pain and have any advice.
  • IP jelly mix
    Has anyone found a cheaper place to order the 'jelly' (jello) mix? the one on lindora does not have enough protein.
    I heard it is important to eat because of the collagen in it.
    thanks
  • Quote: Not quite sure what is keeping me going currently. I am so stalled on this plan but I hope each morning, there will be a miracle. Speaking of miracles, hoping all good things for you Frumpy. Stay positive. And you too Fluffy. I have often eaten to punish someone else when I am angry. How does that make any sense at ALL?
    Hope you're having a ball chaplains wifey... I am sure you are. And HockeyMom-- you are so lucky to be in the 180ss. I will be joining you there momentarily. lol
    Do you like our book? I want to know all the rules.
    And I so want to take off my heavy boots. Have you read that part yet??
    Just got an email saying Geneen Roth will be on Oprah this week discussing the book.
    I LOVE our book. I don't remember reading about heavy boots though! I'm highlighting things that really speak to me -- have you read the part that says eat when you're hungry, feel when you have feelings? so true... What day is Geneen Roth on Oprah? I may need to set my DVR for that one. This is a book I think I need to read more than once to get all the information out of it. I liked reading the part that talks about enjoying the here & now, notice everything NOW - don't wait for "when I'm skinny I'll be happy/have a better life" etc.... if you aren't happy now, you won't be happy thin. Like that a lot.

And for what it's worth - I'm stalled at 189. No change on my scale at home for the past 5 days. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. That feeds my paranoia about maintenance/failure. I really need to ignore the negative voices in my head!
  • totally cheated last night, had some vodka & citron perriers at a girlfriend's bbq. not stressing to much about it bc there are no carbohydrates or fat in vodka, just empty calories and started back on the program full force today. we'll see wednesday if i totaly screwed everything up. strangely my ketostix are still reading dark pink...hmmm hope everyone had a fabulous mother's day and here's to a new start and a new week!
  • Quote: I joined IP program on April 21 I was doing for well for the first two weeks. Week 1 I lost 7.4 pounds and week 2 I lost 3.6 pounds. This week I seemed to fall off the band wagon. I need to get back on track I need motivation. This is new to me. I have to reach my goal by August of losing 40 pounds. Is there someone who feels my pain and have any advice.
    looks like we started about the same date and are trying to lose the same amount. this forum is great for motivation, welcome!
  • Oh man, it has been so long since I checked in here that I don't recognize many of your names. I have been on IP since Jan 25. I have lost 46 pounds and my hubby has lost 55. People are starting to notice now that we are buying "new" Goodwill clothes that really fit. Things have slowed down and I was hoping that I would hear some really great tips on how to get the fat rolling again (hopefully as far away from me as possible). I can see that is an issue for some so I look forward to reading what you are all doing to work on it. It is so great to have a place to come and work on these kinds of things with people who are going thru the same problems. I still have 50 pounds to go and 4 or 5 months more on this will be tough not to mention I had hoped that I would look great in shorts and it doesn't seem like that will happen. Looking forward to reading all your ideas. Thanks for the Kale recipe that is one I have not tried yet.
  • Ok so tomorrow is the day...I'm starting IP in the morning and I'm excited, my BF laughed cause I haven't even started but I keep talking about the first week being over all ready so I can see if it works...lol. Quick question can I drink the cappucino mix cold or does it have to be hot. Hope everyone is enjoying their day!!
  • Quote: Ok so tomorrow is the day...I'm starting IP in the morning and I'm excited, my BF laughed cause I haven't even started but I keep talking about the first week being over all ready so I can see if it works...lol. Quick question can I drink the cappucino mix cold or does it have to be hot. Hope everyone is enjoying their day!!
    you can drink it cold if you want.
  • What about eating plain Knox gelatin? Is that okay? It doesn't have carbs or fat, right??? Thoughts?
  • Quote: What about eating plain Knox gelatin? Is that okay? It doesn't have carbs or fat, right??? Thoughts?
    You could eat it. It has 5 grams of protein, no carbs, no fats, no aminos, no vitamins. It would be fine to eat and stay in ketosis but it would not be a substitute for any IP packet given the low level of protein.